• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

I looked around a bit for a villager but couldn't find one. I mean, I woulda just go a mario for the sake of having one, but they all kinda looked a bit dodge imo.

All I'm saying is take your $50 and spend it on alcohol and you and your friends would have just as much fun. Also there are plenty of card games that I would still consider worth playing after owning for awhile. Tichu (can even play with a normal deck of cards!), Hanabi, Race for the Galaxy to name a few. Hell I reckon even Uno has more of a game component than Exploding Kittens. Take that money and put it on the Final Attack! Kickstarter instead.

Don't purchase this abomination of a thing.

While I don't care about the game at all, people can buy what they want. People have different tastes and different groups to play with. They can play what they want. I can't stand a game like Love Letter but I know some of the blokes I play with love it. I just normally don't play it.

Shaneus

All I'm saying is take your $50 and spend it on alcohol and you and your friends would have just as much fun.
Once. $50 won't buy a good deal of alcohol for many friends at all.

Also there are plenty of card games that I would still consider worth playing after owning for awhile. Tichu (can even play with a normal deck of cards!), Hanabi, Race for the Galaxy to name a few. Hell I reckon even Uno has more of a game component than Exploding Kittens.
How many are as appealing to the masses, though? Sometimes people don't necessarily want depth or something that's "better"... otherwise people would watch Citizen Kane over True Lies and Die Hard every day of the week.

Take that money and put it on the Final Attack! Kickstarter instead.
Ah, the truth comes out. Game X isn't getting as much funding as Game You Hate and you're bitter.

Bernbaum

So the eventual WiiU haul will be SM3DW, NSMBWU, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart and Wonderful 101. I gotta play Pikmin 2 first but Pikmin 3 will be inevitable. Am I missing anything critical? How essential is Nintendo land?

This purchase is solely for first party games. PC gaming is just too damn rewarding and cost effective so all my cross platform gaming happens there.

So the eventual WiiU haul will be SM3DW, NSMBWU, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart and Wonderful 101. I gotta play Pikmin 2 first but Pikmin 3 will be inevitable. Am I missing anything critical? How essential is Nintendo land?

This purchase is solely for first party games. PC gaming is just too damn rewarding and cost effective so all my cross platform gaming happens there.

Personally- SM3D World, Lego City Undercover, Windwaker HD. If you want a hard 2d platformer, DKCR TF is more fun to play than NSMB U (but also incredibly frustrating) MK8 is pretty good and I don't even like racing games. if you like 3D world, you might want Captain Toad down the track.

Amazon just sent me an E-mail, I'll be getting the partial refund.

After the previous partial refund, it means I now paid ~280 AU dollars to get a GTX 970, on launch day, shipped to Australia.

God bless America
i0JO5Us.gif

Dryk

Amazon just sent me an E-mail, I'll be getting the partial refund.

After the previous partial refund, it means I now paid ~280 AU dollars to get a GTX 970, on launch day, shipped to Australia.

God bless America
i0JO5Us.gif
Ugh why didn't I buy one like this when I had the chance ;_;

Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Defense Grid 2 are making my 560Ti whine (though only when the case is closed for some reason...). It's not something I'm used to so it's pushing me to upgrade faster. It also has me worried because the only 970s that will fit comfortably in my case have widespread whine problems.

Hyrule Warriors is pretty neat if you're into the repetitive Dynasty Warriors action or are after some Zelda fanservice

Hey Toast,
I've added you on 3ds friends btw. i put my friend code in the monster hunter google doc if you want to add me back.
Holycheck/Ham/Donk are all playing MH4 also.

ps. you should jump into IIRC chat!

will do

Being unable to communicate mid-game is driving me bonkers

Also I cracked and bought a 3DS XL because of targets return policy. They charged me the non-discounted price!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I have a samus amiibo cos the build quality is actually kind of okay

i've been tempted to just grab amiibo since availability is not a problem in glorious nippon but i'm stymied by the fact i don't really actually like that many of them enough

probably will get a lucina amiibo tho

You wannaa do an ausgaf order for those of us that are trying to buy some that aren't available in aus????

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Lego city under cover! Best gta game.

Fusebox

Banned

To hell with Nintendo Land, get Captain Toad Treasure Tracker!

hamchan

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright distracted my MH4 progress. Sad to say I'm only on the last mission of the village 2 star quests.

Omikron

All I'm saying is take your $50 and spend it on alcohol and you and your friends would have just as much fun. Also there are plenty of card games that I would still consider worth playing after owning for awhile. Tichu (can even play with a normal deck of cards!), Hanabi, Race for the Galaxy to name a few. Hell I reckon even Uno has more of a game component than Exploding Kittens. Take that money and put it on the Final Attack! Kickstarter instead.
To me it seems likely that this would fill the space of a Love Letter or similar type game. If people enjoy it good for them, but it seems too Munchkin like for me. And I fucking loathe Munchkin.

Once. $50 won't buy a good deal of alcohol for many friends at all.

How many are as appealing to the masses, though? Sometimes people don't necessarily want depth or something that's "better"... otherwise people would watch Citizen Kane over True Lies and Die Hard every day of the week

Of course people can spend their money however they. People typically have a finate amount of disposoble income when it comes to things like boardgames I was just pointing out a few alternatives. I would be genuinely interested in and look forward to post game reports from anyone who backed Exploding Kittens when they get their copies but it looks to me like a game that will outstay it's welcome pretty quickly. I'll leave it there.

Dryk

Can we at least all agree that party games as a whole have improved over the last few decades along with the rest of board games.

will do

Being unable to communicate mid-game is driving me bonkers

Also I cracked and bought a 3DS XL because of targets return policy. They charged me the non-discounted price!

Check your PayPal receipt even though it says $229 it should say in the break down X amount discount.

WiiU is all exclusive games, 3rd party support is basically dead.

Bernbaum

To hell with Nintendo Land, get Captain Toad Treasure Tracker!
Imma wait until playing 3D World before considering treasure tracker in case it's my least favourite thing, but it looks charming as fuck so that's unlikely. It'll be EOFY sale time before I get any new WiiU games at the rate I finish games anyway.

Jintor

You wannaa do an ausgaf order for those of us that are trying to buy some that aren't available in aus????

yo i haven't even figured out to send postcards back to my family first lol. wait a tick alright

it's probably really easy i just haven't gotten around to it

yo jint, was persona q semi decent? looked at a few pages of the OT and you seemed to have played the shit out of of it. worth it?

it really depends how much you like persona. and grinding. mostly grinding. i don't particularly like grinding but i love persona so it averaged out to 'it was okay'. By about two thirds of the way through though I said fuck it and just started spamming insta-kill spells like crazy.

soundtrack is godlike though

hamchan

I'm only like a quarter way through Persona Q and I've already started spamming Naoto Mahama and Mamudo spells. Makes the game easy mode for sure.

Pandemic

Quick yet strange question...

I received a text message from this number: +371 2 7951509

The message said ''call me''. Oddly enough, I called it but said the number was disengaged.

Anyone know what it is?

I tried Googling it and got something rather concerning...
Message circulating via SMS, social media and email warns you not to return missed calls from numbers starting with +375 or +371 because you will be charged between $15 and $30 for each returned call and your contact list and financial information will be instantly stolen from your phone.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Fredescu

What is gamergate?

A bunch of kids hate some woman because she had sex with a guy that didn't write a review about a free game she made.

Some other woman wrote about how gaming culture often does immature things. They hate her too.

Also Gone Home was about women, so they hate that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What is gamergate?

those annoying choke point barriers between new stages/worlds that are only unlocked after spending hours collecting X number of Y

Looks like I've learned alot about Amiibos today.

What is gamergate?

GamerGate is basically a bunch of arseholes who attack people who say negative things about gamers/gamergate/feminism.

It's quite clearly a hate group at this point, well beyond any half-realistic ideas or goals.

It's generated a lot of meme's for games media people to lol at too.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Quick yet strange question...

I received a text message from this number: +371 2 7951509

The message said ''call me''. Oddly enough, I called it but said the number was disengaged.

Anyone know what it is?

I tried Googling it and got something rather concerning...

Any ideas?

Cheers.

+371 is the country code for Latvia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom