• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
kitchen02.jpg
http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/01/first-steamvr-game-reveal-is-job-simulator/

welp

wanna buy starcraft 64?

er no.

You poor thing
Doom 64 is pretty rad though

Don't pity me ;)
I rented Rainbow 6 on n64 but eventually bought it and Rogue Spear on Dreamcast. Try planning a mission on a controller. NOW you can pity me.

I had PC's in the 90's but I can count the games I played on a PC on my fingers- Star Trek, 25th Anniversary, Star Trek Judgement Rites, Indiana Jones and the Fates of Atlantis, Flight of the Amazon Queen, Dark Forces, DFII, Mysteries of the Sith (oh jeez- all licenses) and Half Life (which I did buy a new PC for). I might have dipped my toe in one or two others like Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle but that was about it. Also, I wouldn't have considered myself more than a casual gamer till about 2000.

also Kritz, don't worry. Lots of people make the same sort of game doesn't mean it's better or worse for you. Do your thang.

Kritz

Banned
yeah yeah I'll be fine

at least now I have motivation to get my ass down and work on this game.

... anyone know when steam vr launches

Don't pity me ;)
I rented Rainbow 6 on n64 but eventually bought it and Rogue Spear on Dreamcast. Try planning a mission on a controller. NOW you can pity me.

I had PC's in the 90's but I can count the games I played on a PC on my fingers- Star Trek, 25th Anniversary, Star Trek Judgement Rites, Indiana Jones and the Fates of Atlantis, Flight of the Amazon Queen, Dark Forces, DFII, Mysteries of the Sith (oh jeez- all licenses) and Half Life (which I did buy a new PC for). I might have dipped my toe in one or two others like Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle but that was about it. Also, I wouldn't have considered myself more than a casual gamer till about 2000.

also Kritz, don't worry. Lots of people make the same sort of game doesn't mean it's better or worse for you. Do your thang.

Well... at least some of the PC games you did play were classics! I kind of appreciated the Quake 2 N64 and PS1 ports (and the interesting Quake 1 Saturn port) but id games were ridiculously better on PC.

I was fortunate that my dad was a bit of a nerd, so we had a Pentium 200mhz and a 600mhz (with Voodoo 2!) so I played heaps with my brother/friends. God damn, I don't think multiplayer has ever been better than that for me.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
yeah yeah I'll be fine

at least now I have motivation to get my ass down and work on this game.

... anyone know when steam vr launches

I started working on a game in late 2013 and I burnt myself out on it last summer. As there's no other game like it in its genre this was one of my main motivations.

I really need to go back to it. It's 40-50% finished.

legend166

So what's the deal with PayPal holding onto money for so long? I sold some things two weeks ago and they're not releasing my money. The buyer already left feedback.

Also, my sale of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is up to $71 so far :D

jambo

So what's the deal with PayPal holding onto money for so long? I sold some things two weeks ago and they're not releasing my money. The buyer already left feedback.

My wife ran in to this on eBay.

Apparently they now hold money for 21 days.

She has around $350 sitting in the æther.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

You should get John Edward to contact the other side to see if your money is alright.

What a joke. So glad I sold most of my junk on ebay last year before they started doing stuff like this and the 180 days charge back rubbish.

radaxian

The fuck? Nice little rort they have going on there, must be raking it in off that slick interest coin.

I've shuffled through 500+ in sales in the last month or two and haven't had any issues transferring the money out. I've had a verified account for a many years maybe that's something to do with it.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I've shuffled through 500+ in sales in the last month or two and haven't had any issues transferring the money out. I've had a verified account for a many years maybe that's something to do with it.

Yeah I've never had this issue.

It sounds like either your account isn't verified or something funky is going on. PayPal allows the buyer to delay their money purchase but it will pay the seller immediately.

jambo

As far as I know the eBay/PayPal thing only effects small non-verified sellers.

She's never really sold anything on eBay, but had a bunch of Black Milk clothing that she isn't going to use any more, so she put some of it up.

One of our good mates has been selling some gaming stuff on eBay (also a first timer) and ran in to the same 21 day waiting issue.

jambo

That's a hell of a lot tamer than I was expecting...

EDIT: Found some old shareware discs from 1994 whilst cleaning out our garage tonight

6HLjMWfh.jpg

FXW9mkYh.jpg

Stackboy

So I may have caved and got a PS4 yesterday. It was the deal they've got going at EB, so I have Dying Light and The Order.

Grats! I reckon I will pick up Dying Light in a steam sale. Buying my GTX 980 today!

The Order always looked really average to me.

So I may have caved and got a PS4 yesterday. It was the deal they've got going at EB, so I have Dying Light and The Order.

Yeah, I grabbed the same last Friday. It wasn't as cheap as the stuff Target/Dick Smith have had going but the games were pretty recent and more interesting than the other stuff that's been bundled so far.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
A day in the office where I'm actually in the office and not in meetings all day.. and can get things done.

motivation is at 0.. because it's a day in the office where i'm not in meetings all day.

Gazunta

The biggest hurdle for Netflix, Stan, Presto and whatever other streaming service isn't the content. People will watch any old shit.

It isn't the bandwidth concerns. People don't really care about or understand bandwidth.

It isn't the technology you need. People are happy to have whatever box plugged into their TV.

It's the fucking remote control. Go on, try and hand someone a PlayStation controller and tell them to select a TV show with it. They'll look at you like you were mental.

It's not an accident that a big part of the Foxtel stands you see in the shopping mall feature the remote control so heavily. People GET that remote control. It's easy to use. It's easy to understand. Big clear buttons. Labels everywhere. It looks like a TV remote. (Hell why do you think the Wii was such a hit with non-gamers, that controller was simple as FUCK)

Get a simple remote control that can work with netflix and they're gold.

Can't you use your phone as a remote control?

A day in the office where I'm actually in the office and not in meetings all day.. and can get things done.

motivation is at 0.. because it's a day in the office where i'm not in meetings all day.

Same. Just hit a wall and can't be fucked. Really wish I could do more work from home, hard to hit focus properly every work day.

This thing is a piece of shit.

It uses infra-red line of sight instead of whatever the controllers use.

Really? That's laughable after all that 100Mil investment in the controller tech. I think the controllers have a multi-angled infrared that bounces, WiFi direct and 2.4Ghz wireless too. I could be remembering wrong though.

EDIT: They have "invisible reflective technology and LEDs" as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom