• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing is a piece of shit.

It uses infra-red line of sight instead of whatever the controllers use.

It's awesome actually. Small, feels good, works instantly without syncing, infinite battery life, lights up in response to motion. I'm sorry to hear your usecase is apparently unusable with IR.

Dryk

Guys. I own everything in the SqEnix Humble Bundle except Murdered, Startopia, The Kane & Lynch Collection and Thief. Is it even worth a few minutes of my time and $8 to pick them up?

jambo

It's awesome actually. Small, feels good, works instantly without syncing, infinite battery life, lights up in response to motion. I'm sorry to hear your usecase is apparently unusable with IR.

That's what shits me off, the rest of it is great. Just put some bluetooth in it.

It might also be my XBone locking up, but I've had a lot of times where pressing a button will not do anything. If I grab a controller it will work, but that might just be the XBone working again in the few seconds it takes me to find the controller.

The Giant

Banned
So what's the deal with PayPal holding onto money for so long? I sold some things two weeks ago and they're not releasing my money. The buyer already left feedback.

If I remember, you need to sell 30 items before you can get money instantly from buyers.

That's what shits me off, the rest of it is great. Just put some bluetooth in it.

It might also be my XBone locking up, but I've had a lot of times where pressing a button will not do anything. If I grab a controller it will work, but that might just be the XBone working again in the few seconds it takes me to find the controller.

I think that's an OS level thing, occasionally the xbo will hang on a menu item. It happens for me mostly in (I think) the YouTube app. After a pause of a second or so it catches up and does all the commands I input over the intervening period.

It's a pity I can't use any of these to properly control blurays on my PS4. It's the only Region A bluray player I have set up at the moment and I've ended up owning a few Region A only discs.

I picked up the X1 media remote last week. It's nice enough for what it is and lets me watch movies with little fuss.

That's good news about unmetered Internode. I kinda wish iinet allowed all of its free stuff on internode (unmetered iTunes would be nice) but internode's customer service ensures I ain't moving providers (even within the same corporate entity) for anything less than NBN.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
emailed my land lord again about the bogans, her response "send me the body corporate details and ill let them know"

which shows A, she doesnt know them.. and B, she did nothing hte last time i complained, when she said she would...

Stackboy

It's a pity I can't use any of these to properly control blurays on my PS4. It's the only Region A bluray player I have set up at the moment and I've ended up owning a few Region A only discs.

I find the PS4 controller really frustrating for Blu-Rays. The same goes for the Xbone Controller.

r1chard

emailed my land lord again about the bogans, her response "send me the body corporate details and ill let them know"

which shows A, she doesnt know them.. and B, she did nothing hte last time i complained, when she said she would...
Ugh, shitty land lords :(

HolyCheck

This is yoour fault! Had you fought harder this would have been your problem not mine.

Also, does anyone know if I can use this in regards to moving the property ahead of my lease being up and not suffer horrendous fees?

Fredescu

Reminds me of this thing I read the other day.

image-20150301-16188-x3qrul.JPG

HowZatOZ

Banned
This is yoour fault! Had you fought harder this would have been your problem not mine.

Also, does anyone know if I can use this in regards to moving the property ahead of my lease being up and not suffer horrendous fees?

Yes that is possible, at least here in Queensland it is. If you and the landlord agree in writing then that is enough evidence to uphold an end of tenancy, though do remember to get their signature and date plus a witness signature. You can also apply directly to the RTA's tribunal to get a tenancy agreement overturned.

https://62e528761d0685343e1c-f3d1b99a743ffa4142d9d7f1978d9686.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/73374/width668/image-20150301-16188-x3qrul.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

These days if a landlord doesn't allow animals they'll find the house will just sit there not getting rent. If you are a smart landlord you properly screen your potential tenants and check up on them from time to time.

Also as someone who has seen first-hand really, really bad tenants, I actually like that Australian landlords can evict upon notice. It allows you to remove those who are going to wreck your home and potentially cause irreparable damage.

markot

Banned
The best selling games on steam are friday night freddie whatever and a dragonball game and some console sloppy seconds that keep getting delayed.

Et tu pcus.

https://62e528761d0685343e1c-f3d1b99a743ffa4142d9d7f1978d9686.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/73374/width668/image-20150301-16188-x3qrul.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

I did find it slightly amusing I had to request (in writing) to put up hooks on the wall to hang stuff.

markot

Banned
The content is already locked up in like 4 or so online streamers, plus the networks have their own stuff and contacts.

In the future, we will have to subscribe to channels with monthly fees. To watch one show we like.

I don't think the future looks bright, it's like TV, but more expensive, and you can't play games online while streaming....

Danoss

It's not an accident that a big part of the Foxtel stands you see in the shopping mall feature the remote control so heavily. People GET that remote control. It's easy to use. It's easy to understand. Big clear buttons. Labels everywhere. It looks like a TV remote. (Hell why do you think the Wii was such a hit with non-gamers, that controller was simple as FUCK)

Get a simple remote control that can work with netflix and they're gold.

It's definitely no accident that the remote is so prominent and widely available. The reason is that they break all the time. Even though the remote and the STB is essentially leased from Foxtel, they don't feel they should have to replace it. Luckily you can easily fork out $49.95 at your nearest shopping centre, no waiting! Isn't that a convenient and considerate alternative?

A non-genuine remote will function better, last longer and cost less. You can get a free replacement, like you should, if you whinge long and hard enough on the phone. Alternatively, call them, cancel the service and never have to deal with their bullshit again—I would do this, but my gran likes it as her Law & Order on demand provider.
1aByvxp.gif

Rant aside, I do agree with you. Though there is no saving some people, like my mum who has no idea how to use it.

"Just press the tv guide button and use the arrows, mum."
"Nah, it's far too complicated. It doesn't make any sense."

If my gran, who turned 90 on Saturday, still had all her mental faculties she'd dance circles around her showing how easy it is.

HolyCheck

Are you saying all remotes are cheap danoss? Or just foxtel?

Because I can't say I've ever had a broken remote for anything... heck even foxtel when we had it for 5 years.

Omikron

Because I can't say I've ever had a broken remote for anything... heck even foxtel when we had it for 5 years.
I have a couple busted buttons on my Samsung TV remote.

Thankfully my amp remote is programmable. :)

If my gran, who turned 90 on Saturday, still had all her mental faculties she'd dance circles around her showing how easy it is.

Happy bday to your gran! Damn good effort hitting 90.

It's been under that a few times, best deal was under $400 with 3 games from Dick Smith last year (I think Target had a similar deal too Richard?).

Cheapest it's been in a while, can't go wrong for $389 if there are a few games you are keen on!

Our lounge TV remote is shithouse, lost a lot of sensitivity on the buttons and some of them miraculously have been chewed off.

We also wore out the 'USB device' button at least a year ago lol

HolyCheck

Also

When ever I train or bus to this side of the city, everything's always late and delayed.

Like 99% of the time.

Trains are running behind, busses 15 minutes late.

It's crazy compared to the east, where everything is usually precision gps.

Poor poor people :(

jambo

What the fuck are you guys doing with your remotes?

I had a Foxtel remote for about 4 years and it was fine. TV and HiFi remotes for 3-4 years and they're still working perfectly with no marks or scratches.

Shaneus

Sometime today/tonight. Used to be 11pm but last week hit super early during the day. I'll tweet you as soon as it pops up :)
Can I subscribe to your newsletter? I know what they're doing now (OlliOlli 2 is a surprise!) but want to know when. I'll probably be checking at home fairly frequently anyway.

Dmax3901

Hey guys if I have shitty digital tv reception is there anything I can do to improve it? We get SBS but every other channel is like a glitchy slideshow, and we can't even find ABC :(

Fredescu

Hey guys if I have shitty digital tv reception is there anything I can do to improve it? We get SBS but every other channel is like a glitchy slideshow, and we can't even find ABC :(

Install a roof antenna, or repair/replace the current one if it exists. If you're in an apartment I'm not totally sure.

kyser73

So anyone else getting Helldivers?

I'm ready to jump in but you can see you get so much more out of it as an MP experience.

Darren870

What are some good BBQ brands to look at?

I looked at bunnings for some BBQ's then read the reviews and seems the ones they sell there are mostly crap.

Trying to make a shortlist so I can then check gumtree or ebay.

Dryk

What size? I tend to thieve most of my boxes from Aldi as they like it when you take their garbage away lol.
I need about 320x350. But I also want a nice box, and gift boxes seem to all be either much bigger or slightly too small. Might end up getting a bigger one and making up the difference with foam core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom