• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
rass said:
Every single one of you who got a tax return this year, know this:
I hate you.

I just got my tax bill, nearly $2k higher than last year. I did not budget for this.
Wii on hold again, for the 8 millionth time this year :'(

:lol

Omikron

Anyone here know much about video editing?

I posted some crap on youtube last night and realised I forgot to cut the final minute or so of me idling in the menu screen at the end... oops :lol

Best app to do so? Do have access to full CS5 suite if that is any assistance.

Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wZ0_870GUA

PS> God I played shit that game. :D

Choc

Banned
Omi said:

I posted some crap on youtube last night and realised I forgot to cut the final minute or so of me idling in the menu screen at the end... oops :lol

Adobe Premiere if you have CS

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Omi said:

Windows movie maker will do just fine if you want to clip the ending, and it's free.

if you want the best... go with final cut pro :p hollywood that shit up yo.

Omikron

Syth_Blade22 said:
Windows movie maker will do just fine if you want to clip the ending, and it's free.

if you want the best... go with final cut pro :p hollywood that shit up yo.

Insta-fail, its an apple product. :lol

rass

Syth_Blade22 said:
It gets better - I just spoke to my accountant and apparently this bill is for last year's tax. I've been paying this year's just fine but somehow didn't pay the previous year's? Waiting for the ATO to call me back. Payment plan ahoy.

Someone buy my car, that will fix this.

Choc

Banned
rass said:
It gets better - I just spoke to my accountant and apparently this bill is for last year's tax. I've been paying this year's just fine but somehow didn't pay the previous year's? Waiting for the ATO to call me back. Payment plan ahoy.

Someone buy my car, that will fix this.

lucky you did that last year not this year

this year they have the money to take a LOT of people (even small time) to court

tehy are setting a line in the sand this year and making examples of people even with small tax debts

rass

trinest said:
How do you miss a bill for TAX from last year- it would be the most annoying bill ever.
I thought I was paying it off in installments that I kept getting bills for.
I'm not good with real life.

Choc said:
lucky you did that last year not this year

this year they have the money to take a LOT of people (even small time) to court

tehy are setting a line in the sand this year and making examples of people even with small tax debts
This is… notgood™

Choc

Banned
if you have shares you generally always get a tax debt

once you start to invest and make mega moneyz on things you get tax debts

if you just get your usual wage, you get a return generally

Bernbaum

Got my return yesterday - $4k which was 2k less than what I was expecting. That bloody HECS debt is gonna keep me down forever...

Clipper

Yeah, I don't really invest that much, but I get a lot of bank interest, none of which has been pre-taxed. Going to have a bill over $500 this year according to my estimate, but I've had worse.

A worse thing is that I think I'm over that limit that they'll start me on the PAYG scheme for bank interest again (I think it's $2000). That means you have to pay tax on your interest throughout the year, although I'll still be under the limit that allows me to lump that into an annual payment rather than quarterly, thank goodness. It doesn't change the amount I'll pay, but it's just the inconvenience I don't like.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Speaking of tax returns, just checked my account and I finally received mine.

Now to waste it on something..

legend166 said:
Some guy is reading a Remembrance Day thing over the loud speaker at work.

This is awkward.

Completely forgot that was today..

Mar

You get taxed when you get paid, you get taxed when you buy something with that money, and you get taxed on interest when your money sits in an account.

Taxed 3 times on the same money. Isn't it awesome?

Clipper

So, I just pre-ordered the PoP Trliogy from ozgameshop... I already own all three (SoT and TT on GCN, WW on PC as it came free with my video card) but the recent release of GoW I & II on the PSN store made me hungry for more of the classics in HD range. Sly Cooper is also on its way to me, but I never played those games before. The Team Ico Collection is of course an insta-buy once it gets a date too.

Perhaps I'm going a little overboard, but at least my trophy score is happy :D.

Agyar

I owe the ATO $100 this year, I should have claimed some more stupid shit like laundry for the one company polo shirt I own and never wear. It appears my PAYG installments didn't quite cover the tax owed for the year, then throw on untaxed interest etc and bam, I owe the monies.

Choc

Banned
Mar said:
You get taxed when you get paid, you get taxed when you buy something with that money, and you get taxed on interest when your money sits in an account.

Taxed 3 times on the same money. Isn't it awesome?

and they are soon introducing inheritance tax

so your parents/grand parents paying tax on that money wasn't enough

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
I claim half my mobile and internet bills which helps.

you do realise if you get audited you hvae to prove that 50% of calls on each bill was a business call....

and the internet 50% is very hard to justify as well. I claim 10% of internet

jambo

I only claimed the Internet for 1 year, cause I was actually doing a lot of remote stuff for a long time out of work hours.

I hardly remote in these days so when I move out again I won't bother.

I'd be able to the bill thing, just go through and highlight work calls. Also internet data for emails.

rass

tax sucks, my accountant wouldn't let me claim any vehicle expenses, even though I bought a car specifically for travel to work/jobs. I can claim 1/3 of my phone and 10% of internet on business and everything office supply related - pens, pencils, paints. Everything computer related as well. All under recommendations from the accountant. Yet I still miscalculate or read bills wrong like a moran and have to put my sweet plans on hold for a few weeks to fix it.

Choc

Banned
BBC iPlayer Going Global Next Year
11:00AM NICK BROUGHALL | Consider this a potentially huge win for Australian IPTV fans – the BBC has announced that they are going to make their BBC iPlayer IPTV portal available to people around the world from next year. That should excite some Top Gear and Doctor Who fans

AWESOME. iplayer was one of the best things i had access to in Britain earlier this year.

Top Gear FTW. I bet 9 and SBS are FURIOUS :D

Also, BBC F1 live without the usual channel 10 crap, Brundle etc on pre-race shows

AWESOME

jambo

A mate of mine works in a PC store and he claims all of his PC hardware on tax for work and research purposes. Does the same for a whole bunch of PC magazine subs he has.

EDIT: OH SHIT BBC iPlayer global FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU xD

Bernbaum

Work just gave out an 8 gb iPod nano to everyone for a job well done. I missed out cause I've been here less than 6 months. Motherfucker.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Donkey Kong Country Returns out in Australia December 2

Also giant boxart;

dkcrAustralia.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
jambo said:
God damn I'll be getting right back in to Wii gaming.

NSMBWii, Sonic Colours, DKCR, Kirby, SMG2, Goldeneye.

You forgot Epic Mickey :p

rass

Stick your stupid red Wii up your ass man! :p
nice pickups man, but that Sonic figure looks kind of wonky to me.

I want my damn red Wii!

jambo

I didn't realise I pre-ordered the special edition. It was $10 more and I get paid today so I figured what the hell.

EDIT: Also, I was poking around in the home theatre cabinet the other day and found the component cables from my first Wii, so yay for 480P!

rass

jambo said:
This thread died a bit today.

Everyone working/gaming?
Holly: They're dead, Dave.
Lister: Who is?
Holly: Everybody, Dave. Everybody's dead, Dave

PANCAKE PARLOUR WILL MAKE ME FEEL GOOD!
cheese and potato pancake in my belly soon.

jambo

Lister: Not Chen?
Holly: Gordon Bennett! Yes Chen, everybody, everybody's dead Dave!
Lister: Wait, are you tryin' to tell me everybody's dead?
Holly: ...I should have never let him out in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom