• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cohsae

800px-sufjan_stevens_playing_banjo.jpg

This picture basically explains why I have zero interest in ever listening to Sufjan Stevens again.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Just bought tickets to NZ from melb for $340!

the ticket back home was $126 :lol :lol

Never been before! I don't think I'm going to go see too much, some one I know lives down south in the middle of no where and I might just camp in their farmlands for a week or two then maybe a weekend trip down to some national parks

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I would assume the latest AND I would assume it isn't up and talking about downloading TV shows from torrent sites is le bannablé. Although, for late night talk shows, it isn't as if they release them on DVD, no? 'tever

jambo

I've got Wii Fever! I bought

- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Goldeneye with Classic Controller Pro
- Pikmin Wii Edition
- Nunchuck ($20 at Rebel Sports of all places)
- Blue Wii Motion Plus Remote
- 5000 Wii Points

Soo for reviews for Gamecrux I'm going to start a thing called "I Can't Believe It's Not A Good Game™"

Can you guys list some games?

They should have all the bells and whistles, i'll do requests for you guys and do a shout out for you :lol

PS Jambo

Thanks for Blackadder, took your fucking time!

Syth_Blade22 said:

Never been before! I don't think I'm going to go see too much, some one I know lives down south in the middle of no where and I might just camp in their farmlands for a week or two then maybe a weekend trip down to some national parks

NZ is the only country i have ever travelled to and i loved it. I went over in about year 9 or 10 as a part of a choir. We did a small tour of the south island to places like christchurch, queenstown and a few other smallish places.

It's a really beautiful country. The lakes, mountains and forests i saw were spectacular. I got to see snow for the first time and if you haven't really been around much snow it would be a great oppurtunity. Seeing some maori presentations was also fun.

I think one of the best things we did was go and see the glow worms in some cave. Can't remember the name but it's an awesome sight.

Can't wait till i go back and i hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

Bernbaum

Kinect's shared launch date with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood just saved me $200 and the effort of have to move the fucking couch out of the way to allow enough real estate for the epileptic flailing that the gizmo requires.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Who is getting NFS and what system? I want to Autolog people but on sure what to get it on. Xbox 360 or PC though.

Nemesis_

Bernbaum said:
Kinect's shared launch date with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood just saved me $200 and the effort of have to move the fucking couch out of the way to allow enough real estate for the epileptic flailing that the gizmo requires.

I am gonna be ridiculously busy that night.

I also have Harry Potter! >_>

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
VOOK said:
Who is getting NFS and what system? I want to Autolog people but on sure what to get it on. Xbox 360 or PC though.

I don't know if many steam ausgaffers are picking it up. Doesn't seem to be a hot topic, apart from me saying the demo was shit over and over.

Wait it out a day or two and then see which platform it's most played on. I'm thinking 360 though.

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
I don't know if many steam ausgaffers are picking it up. Doesn't seem to be a hot topic, apart from me saying the demo was shit over and over.

Wait it out a day or two and then see which platform it's most played on. I'm thinking 360 though.
It'll probably be most/best played on 360 (with Live and whatnot) but if it's ultra-cheap on Steam a la F1 2010, I'll go down that route.

I might even jump in on 360 anyway, mainly because a lot of racers I've bought recently were on PC and I kinda feel like lazing about on the couch rather than the desk for a change.

BSS

For the people paying the quarterly PAYG thingies... Almost two years after I stopped needing to pay them, the ATO have finally sent me a letter which I think says (it's pretty vague) they won't be billing me anymore.

Apparently six quarters of varying the amount to $0 and two consecutive tax returns is what it takes to convince them to stop sending this shit.

Choc

Banned
Syth_Blade22 said:

if you're seeing the landscapes of NZ you're seeing the best bit of it

Choc

Banned
hows the job hunt gaz by the way vook i will primarily play it on 360 i think

but ill give ps3 a burn as well to compare

Choc

Banned
"Mario Kart meets Mario Party in an episode of The Amazing Race"

will buy....

oh
:lol

awesome article gaz, awesome

also anyone watched the LA Noire trailer? What you think of Team Bondis magnum opus (something i had input into many moons ago)

Mar

Gazunta said:
Spent a bit of today recording a podcast, then working on some comic-related thing I'll be able to talk a bit more about on Monday, doing some freelance writing and paying some Pinball FX 2.

Oh and this morning an article I wrote went up on Gamasutra. That was cool.

Great stuff. Glad to see you writing on one of my favourite gaming websites.

VOOK said:

360. Still waiting for it to appear in my PO Box... I'll be buying it next week day 1 if it doesn't eventuate.

So an LA Noire trailer is doing the rounds. The facial effects are looking particularly fantastic -- good enough to recognise Aaron Staton.

Anything that evokes both Chinatown and LA Confidential is a win for me. Good job Team Bondi!

Edit: Didn't see Choc's post above -- what input did you have? It looks like it's been in development forever, there are trailers dated 2006!

Agyar

VOOK said:

I may get it on 360, but I haven't preordered or anything. I'll see how it's received on release and whether people are playing it extensively before I pick it up.

Edit: I just saw that Play Asia now do "digital delivery" of some items, including US/Asia XBL subs/points, PSN cards and other junk. I believe XBL subs are region-free, so buying the Asia version should work for Australian accounts (similarly to the US ones that everyone buys from Gamecard or whatever).

Mar

jambo said:
Also why is everyone getting Hot Pursuit on 360? I'll have no one to play with Q_Q

Same reason most online connected games are more popular on the 360. Just a better community integration.

Heads up for RPG-AusGAF.

Risen in on Steam for $15(on sale this weekend) and is available to Aussies, I just bought it now.

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been available to purchase for Strayans on Steam until now, though I may be wrong (It got banned didn't it?)

Clipper

BSS said:
For the people paying the quarterly PAYG thingies... Almost two years after I stopped needing to pay them, the ATO have finally sent me a letter which I think says (it's pretty vague) they won't be billing me anymore.

Apparently six quarters of varying the amount to $0 and two consecutive tax returns is what it takes to convince them to stop sending this shit.
Yours took longer than mine then. I received the letter shortly after submitting my tax return and applied for the yearly payments, although the first quarterly one would have been in March or so. They sent me another letter the next year saying that due to the timing, I didn't need to do the PAYG form and to use my tax return instead. As the GFC had hit, my interest was down that year and they sent me a letter after I submitted the return saying I no longer had to do PAYG.

Hence it took me 0 payments and 1 return. We'll see what happens now that I'll probably qualify again, though...

Omikron

MrSerrels

Omi said:
Personally I don't think she understands the discussion. But I think that goes with just about anyone that isn't significantly into gaming.

I think the argument should be purely based around why a game should be treated any differently to any other form of media?

The way we need to frame this argument is that an R18+ rating would help protect children, not expose them to more violence in video games - and it would.

Not having an R18+ rating reinforces the fact that games are for children, which in turn encourages parents to not think twice about the games they're buying for their children.

When I was 10 I wanted to watch Robocop more than anything. I would have convinced my parents if it wasn't for that bigass red '18' on the UK cover in the video store. Gaming needs something similar.

Omi said:
Personally I don't think she understands the discussion
Yeah I agree, which is why my brain hurts. She makes the wrong arguments, and clearly doesn't actually understand gaming. And even contradicts herself.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
So an LA Noire trailer is doing the rounds. The facial effects are looking particularly fantastic -- good enough to recognise Aaron Staton.

Anything that evokes both Chinatown and LA Confidential is a win for me. Good job Team Bondi!

Edit: Didn't see Choc's post above -- what input did you have? It looks like it's been in development forever, there are trailers dated 2006!

Former QA manager

hamchan

L.A. Noire looks damn good. The facial animations are the best I've ever seen.

Ken Cosgrove is in it too, so that's a plus!

Mar

codswallop said:

I don't particularly see anything controversial here. She seems to be, for the most part, just saying we shouldn't take the FOR side of the argument as completely unbiased. Which in my opinion is fair. I mean, 98% of people are FOR and R18+ rating (which I agree with, by the way), but she correctly points out that the large majority of that is signatures encouraged by video game retailers.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Safe to say there are more people playing NFS on the 360 as well. But i don't think the PC is locked at 30fps either, so 60fps should be outstanding.

I would have thought if the game used EAs service that autolog would work across all platforms. I haven't seen the game on steam yet so i doubt it's a steamworks title.

Mar said:
I mean, 98% of people are FOR and R18+ rating (which I agree with, by the way), but she correctly points out that the large majority of that is signatures encouraged by video game retailers.
Churches and lobbyists had the opportunity to do the same thing -- and who knows, maybe they did?

Simply having a signature doesn't necessarily make its impact reduced. What about the Establishment of Republic referendum? It was just basically tick a box and sign. Not too different when it comes down to it (I realise more went into that but I think the point is still somewhat relevant).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom