• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Currently addicted to THIS

76226_458524767273_666957273_6113946_467343_n.jpg

Best survival horror game this gen. So interesting and intriguing, while also being a bit weird.

Heaps of content for only ~$30

Shaneus

roosters93 said:
What's your beef? Webber is the man.
Yeah, most people at least don't mind him, but every so often there are people who really don't like him at all.

Sucks that the cards didn't fall Webber's way, but if you look at the entire season you can't say he truly deserved it. Glad that the winner actually won (not saying who to avoid spoilers, just in case).

Nemesis: Better than Condemned?

Bernbaum

Well that was an interesting weekend. I bought a car, set my kitchen on fire, finished Mass Effect, heard from a bunch of people who aren't me about how amazing Powderfinger's last concert in Brisbane was, and the Roar beat the Heart in Melbourne at the 88th minute.

markot said:
Webber is a bigger douche than Leyton Hewitt >.<
Strange then that most of the paddock wanted to see Webber take the championship. Maybe they get to see a side of him that you haven't?

EDIT: I don't mean that in a smart-arse way.

rass

VOOKS!
how 'limited' is the red Wii? Is it Limited in the same vain as the gold OoT cartridge was and I'll be able to pick it up in, say, Feb?
Or is it actually limited and I need to pony up before Christmas?

Choc

Banned
Alonso
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

all im saying

how do you f it up that bad and only needing 5th

Fredescu

jambo said:
I'm addicted to New Vegas.
My New Vegas playthrough is approaching 80 hours and showing no sign of letting up. I got the perk that reveals all map locations, and I'm determined to visit them all. It's funny to see people defending planetary exploration in Mass Effect while playing through this.

markot said:
I'm pretty quick to jump on professional sports people, but Webber seems like a genuinely nice guy. Care to back up what you're saying at all?

jambo

Fredescu said:
My New Vegas playthrough is approaching 80 hours and showing no sign of letting up. I got the perk that reveals all map locations, and I'm determined to visit them all. It's funny to see people defending planetary exploration in Mass Effect while playing through this.
I'm at about 24 hours now, level 16 or 17. I'm worried that if I do some certain missions i'll get close to finishing the game, and I really want to keep playing at higher levels for a while. AFAIK there's now free play once you finish the main quest.

Currently I'm in the middle of talking to all of the tribes as part of the Yes Man Wild Card quest. I've already activated Mr House's army at the weather station underneath the Legion's headquarters. If I go and kill Mr House and report in to Yes Man, will that end the game?

markot said:
Source?

Danoss

Webber is right. He's just parroting what we are all saying anyway.

We can pick on this country for its shortcomings all we like, yet the moment a figure of some recognition says it, they're disliked for it?

Omikron

Fredescu said:

I played for maybe 2-3 hours on the weekend, quite enjoyable so far.

Was it a mistake to start it in 'hardcore' mode? TBH it doesn't feel all that different.

Only issue for New Vegas is it is competing against me playing FM2011 at the same time.... gotta make myself feel good about taking West Ham to the top considering their real life position in the world. :D

Shaneus

jambo said:
I've never heard of that. Sounds like the media whipping up a storm of BS after an interviewer was being annoying and asking the same questions over and over and over on a subject that he clearly did not want to discuss.

Fucking media.
Wrong... he disagrees with one of our laws and is a total and utter douchebag who had no right to expect to win the WDC. Yeah, fuck him. :rolleyes:

Also love the fact that an article has to be linked back 6 months to hate on him :lol

Nemesis_

Shaneus said:
Nemesis: Better than Condemned?

Completely different game >_> Much more abstract than Condemned, but I at least don't see the story taking a nose dive like Bloodshot did with that stupid cult and stuff.

Choc said:
aside from the fact he is right

we are a fucking nanny state in Australia
For those who don't follow F1, Webber's comment was in response to Lewis Hamilton having his car impounded for doing a burnout while leaving the Albert park circuit. Glen Crompton wrote a great article for pitpass.com discussing it (he saw the whole thing) and pointing out that the most dangerous thing he saw was the way the police vehicles arrived!

But on the subject of Webber's comment:
"It's a great country, but we've got to be responsible for our actions and it's certainly a bloody nanny state when it comes to what we can do. Lewis has found out very quickly.

"I think we've got to read an instruction book when we get out of bed - what we can do and what we can't do ... put a yellow vest on and all that sort of stuff. It pisses me off coming back here, to be honest."

I'm in wholehearted agreement and applaud him for coming out and saying it. If more people did maybe things would change.

Fredescu

markot said:
Apart from the nanny state quote, all that article says is basically "people don't like him anymore". So you don't like him because of one quote and because some other people don't like him?

I think they were right to impound Hamilton's car for what it's worth. Doing fishtails on a public road is dangerous. I can't believe so many people here defend it.

Frawdder

F1 spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it (anyone?)

Sucks that Webber didn't get the WDC but he didn't really have the speed of Vettel to challenge with that small of a points gap. After the race he seemed quite down to earth about the situation. Unlike Alonso who I lost some respect for this weekend, Petrov drove great for once this year and Alonso gestures to him like he should've moved over and given him the place. Poor form, Fernando.

2010 was a great season and I can't wait for next season.

Fredescu

Omi said:
Was it a mistake to start it in 'hardcore' mode? TBH it doesn't feel all that different.
Hardcore mode doesn't increase the difficulty all that much (apart from limb damage and companion perma death), it just adds an extra layer of management. I like it since it makes a lot of the items in the world worthwhile.

jambo said:
AFAIK there's now free play once you finish the main quest.
I don't believe there is. You could always load an earlier save.

jambo said:
Currently I'm in the middle of talking to all of the tribes as part of the Yes Man Wild Card quest. I've already activated Mr House's army at the weather station underneath the Legion's headquarters. If I go and kill Mr House and report in to Yes Man, will that end the game?
Don't know actually. I haven't done any of the Yes Man stuff yet. Leaving that until last.

jambo

Fredescu said:
I don't believe there is. You could always load an earlier save.
I meant to type no, not now :lol

Hopefully DLC will let you free play and do the side quests you didn't cover.

Choc

Banned
can i just say that the shoot is the worst way to make a motion control game ever. So motion control is for casuals right, well the shoot isnt. It's so bloody annoying its not funny and its a shame because under the hood is an ok game

first problem

-Need to score a set number of points to unlock the next 'movie'. That's ok, but it would be nice if the game told you that BEFORE you started so you could focus more on getting points to unlock the game.

second problem

-You're points do not count unless you finish the movie. So if you fail on the last scene then no points are recorded. considering scenes can take up to 30 minutes, this is ridiculous. It really turns into a grind of the easier levels to unlock the others. casual gaming this is not

third problem

-the configuration of the Move keeps f'ing up. I dont' know if i am doing something wrong but i have to reconfigure it almost every scene.

the shoot demo was good the final game is shite

markot

Banned
Fredescu said:
Apart from the nanny state quote, all that article says is basically "people don't like him anymore". So you don't like him because of one quote and because some other people don't like him?

I think they were right to impound Hamilton's car for what it's worth. Doing fishtails on a public road is dangerous. I can't believe so many people here defend it.
Because it was a nanny state crap on such a stupid issue which has nothing to do with nanny state and everything to do with public roads being shared areas.

Thusly also his attitutude towards the interviewer, and his 'oh noes Red bull likes Vettel more' QQ make me irrefudically hate him. Also he is from Quenbeyan. Its like the worst city/town in NSW and right next to Canberra >.> its like a cess pit.

markot said:
Because it was a nanny state crap on such a stupid issue which has nothing to do with nanny state and everything to do with public roads being shared areas.

Thusly also his attitutude towards the interviewer, and his 'oh noes Red bull likes Vettel more' QQ make me irrefudically hate him. Also he is from Quenbeyan. Its like the worst city/town in NSW and right next to Canberra >.> its like a cess pit.

You don't like someone cause where they're from? :lol

I'm not from Quenbeyan

Omikron

Fredescu said:
Hardcore mode doesn't increase the difficulty all that much (apart from limb damage and companion perma death), it just adds an extra layer of management. I like it since it makes a lot of the items in the world worthwhile.

Ahh yeah, the limb thing is rather crippling at times.

Oh and I need to work out how to play caravan properly. Turns out not reading the rules is not a good idea.:D

Edit: OMG, just watched a video, no wonder I didn't understand it based on the rules given, you have to press DOWN in order to play a standard card. FMD. Talk about a rubbish interface. :lol

Deeku

Wow I just realised Dec 2 is going to be the ultimate nintendo splurge day with DKC, Mario anniversary and apparently Golden Sun. I feel like a kid again:D

markot said:

Sooooo, you don't like him because he lives in a town you don't like, you don't like him because he has an opinion, you don't like him because when asked about the same question over and over he tells them to fuck off.

Wow, i'd hate to see the reasons for people you really truelly hate. :lol

I'm seriously considering buying a new TV as my old SDTV is making gaming a nightmare. Looking at Dick Smith at the moment, trying to decide between going a cheaper Vivo 42" Plasma or a Sony Bravia 32" LCD for around the same price. Anyone have any TV advice?

Also, looking between a Sony EX400 & EX500, can't really find what the difference is though

http://dicksmith.com.au/product/GE6...quot-full-high-definition-lcd-tv#BVRRWidgetID

http://dicksmith.com.au/product/GE6...2-quot-full-high-definition-lcd-tv-kdl32ex500

http://dicksmith.com.au/product/GE6160/vivo-106cm-42-quot-high-definition-plasma-tv-ptv42hda

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Today is kinda quiet in the hell hole. I'm a bit surprised and now bored. Still waiting for a sales rep to answer the damn phone so i can sort something out. God damn sales reps.

rass

do any of you develop in Objective C (x-code) by any chance? If so, did you teach yourself or have formal education?

jambo

markot said:

Wow :lol :lol

It wasn't him QQ'ing, Red Bull were more clearly supportive of Vettel. They took Webber's damn front wing and gave it to Vettel after Vettel damaged his own on the eve of the Silverstone GP!

And now you're singling him out because of where he comes from...

:lol :lol :lol

Ydahs

rass said:
do any of you develop in Objective C (x-code) by any chance? If so, did you teach yourself or have formal education?
I started it less than a month ago and am doing fine by myself so far (iOS development). Whenever I encounter a problem a quick Google search always has the answer.

I suggest at least getting a book which teaches you about the unique attritubes to ObjC but if you already have a programming background you should be fine for the most part.

markot

Banned
jambo said:
Wow :lol :lol

It wasn't him QQ'ing, Red Bull were more clearly supportive of Vettel. They took Webber's damn front wing and gave it to Vettel after Vettel damaged his own on the eve of the Silverstone GP!

And now you're singling him out because of where he comes from...

:lol :lol :lol
Im not singling him out, im singling out everyone from Queanbeyan.

rass

Ydahs said:
I started it less than a month ago and am doing fine by myself so far (iOS development). Whenever I encounter a problem a quick Google search always has the answer.

I suggest at least getting a book which teaches you about the unique attritubes to ObjC but if you already have a programming background you should be fine for the most part.
I taught myself Visual BASIC (when I was 14 haha) and made a couple of random games, took programming at high school and made a sweet skateboarding game in BASIC with icon based animations and everything haha, it was a mess.

I have no real background but I'm keen to learn. Just prefer to learn on a mac, hence obj.C

Do you use the apple development centre resources? I understand there are free articles or something after you sign up. I had a wave of inspiration after watching the social network last night, made me remember that I have aspirations haha.

I ended up caving and buying Black Ops yesterday. Story seems really splintered and harder to follow than I'd expected so far. Hasn't really sucked me in that much either.

And I almost turned it off when faced with two infinite spawns near one another. Fuck that shit.

I think I'm about 3/4 of the way through the campaign - just
escaped from Kowloon
, which was a pretty entertaining end to a level.

So far, I'd say campaign-wise that COD4 still has it, hands down.

Edit: Just read something in my RSS feed about
that fucking hill
in the
Khe Sanh level
, where you have to
kick those fucking barrels over
. That was nearly-turn-off-the-game-forever shit right there.

legend166

Staying up to watch the entire F1 last night is really starting to hit me now.

It's times like this I wish I drank coffee.

I think I'll just go buy an iced chocolate from Gloria Jeans instead.

rass

legend166 said:
Staying up to watch the entire F1 last night is really starting to hit me now.

It's times like this I wish I drank coffee.

I think I'll just go buy an iced chocolate from Gloria Jeans instead.
You should drink a DARE® Iced Coffee instead, it's the coffee moment without the moment™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom