• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Well the fuckers finally did it... my port at the local RIM/exchange/whatever has been pegged back to 3mbps, less than half of the speed I was getting previously... even this morning!

Telstra. Cunts.

legend166

For people with Android phones, I cannot recommend PlayerPro highly enough if you're looking for a music player. It costs like $2 but the guy maintains it like crazy.

Latest update made it possible to change tracks with the volume buttons when the phone is locked. Now I won't crash the car when I'm driving and trying to change songs.

jambo

Shaneus said:
Well the fuckers finally did it... my port at the local RIM/exchange/whatever has been pegged back to 3mbps, less than half of the speed I was getting previously... even this morning!

Telstra. Cunts.
12mbps

NaRwZ.png

legend166 said:
For people with Android phones, I cannot recommend PlayerPro highly enough if you're looking for a music player. It costs like $2 but the guy maintains it like crazy.

Latest update made it possible to change tracks with the volume buttons when the phone is locked. Now I won't crash the car when I'm driving and trying to change songs.
I believe some of the Cyanogenmod updates also do this, for free. I had it on one of the many ROMs I've had on my phone in the past.

But I don't need a fancy music player as my needs are pretty basic. It does look snazzy though...

Mar

Nemesis556 said:
Currently addicted to THIS

76226_458524767273_666957273_6113946_467343_n.jpg

Best survival horror game this gen. So interesting and intriguing, while also being a bit weird.

Heaps of content for only ~$30
Is this in aus now or did you import? I've been waiting a long time for this game...

MrSerrels

There's going to be a debate on the R18+ rating on Sunrise tomorrow at 8.15. Seamus from our office is going to be representing Kotaku. Should be worth watching.

MrSerrels said:
There's going to be a debate on the R18+ rating on Sunrise tomorrow at 8.15. Seamus from our office is going to be representing Kotaku. Should be worth watching.
I'd watch it if i wasn't on a train by that point. If anyone watches it, a summation would be awesome.

Cohsae

legend166 said:
Staying up to watch the entire F1 last night is really starting to hit me now.

It's times like this I wish I drank coffee.

I think I'll just go buy an iced chocolate from Gloria Jeans instead.
If you're going to Gloria Jeans you should be getting Voltage.

Mar

Agyar said:
Rating on the cover would indicate a UK import. Can be bought from ozgameshop for $30.99.

God damn I just bought a game from there yesterday too. I suppose with no shipping fee it doesn't matter that I go and make another order.

Also, sorry to sydgaf dudes, I can't organise a meat-up this week. Bad things are afoot. That isn't to say one can't happen, but I won't be there.

Happy to organise one for the week after or so however.

Clipper

MrSerrels said:
I'll try to remember to watch it. In fact, I just set my alarm (It's nicely just before the time I have to start getting ready for work and I'm usually gaming then). I think I might set up the PlayTV to record it too to be extra sure.

According to the five minutes of Sunrise I watched this morning, they have Kesha live in the studio or something tomorrow too, so that should mean this actually gets some people watching the discussion.

hirokazu

Choc said:
5177225567_6d72c8a6d2.jpg

it begins. Clearly the date was known a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago if the shipping is this far along.
So is this November 24 like SCEE/PlayStation EU says, or is it November 25 like retailers are saying? Fucking hell how the hell has Sony not clarified the release date for Australia yet.

Shaneus

jambo said:
Ahaha... it must've been some issues at TPG because it's back up to speed now. Oh well, um, I'm sure that I have something better than you somewhere in my life that I can hold over you.

Actually, I live in Geelong and have red hair... so probably not :lol

legend166

Shaneus said:
Ahaha... it must've been some issues at TPG because it's back up to speed now. Oh well, um, I'm sure that I have something better than you somewhere in my life that I can hold over you.

Actually, I live in Geelong and have red hair... so probably not :lol

Cameron Ling?

Shaneus

legend166 said:
Cameron Ling?
My red hair's darker... more auburn. There's the "ugly" red hair and there's the other kind. I have the other kind :)

But I tell ya, he really isn't a handsome bloke... I think he took his sister's friend to the Brownlow one year :lol

hirokazu

jambo said:
Yeah, but our 25th will start before their 24th finishes.
That's not too bad if assuming shops are doing midnight launch, but I doubt many will. :(

Wednesday is cool because I have the whole evening. Thursday I'm doing Japanese Film Festival, so that totally messes up everything for me.

Deeku

hirokazu said:
That's not too bad if assuming shops are doing midnight launch, but I doubt many will. :(

Wednesday is cool because I have the whole evening. Thursday I'm doing Japanese Film Festival, so that totally messes up everything for me.
I have a Japanese final on Friday so I'll probably pick it up after that. Damn you Japan!

Gazunta

Thanks guys

Can't talk about the company yet since they haven't announced their existence yet, but it's back in game development. I'm pretty excited.

...am I a bad person for not caring about GT5?

jambo

hirokazu said:
I'll ring Sony & EB and tell them to change their release date to better suit your diary =P

Gazunta said:
...am I a bad person for not caring about GT5?
The worst

Ydahs

Does anyone here use wireless mouse and keyboards? I'm looking to buy a 7m HDMI cable and a wireless mouse and keyboard to use my PC on my HDTV at times, but I want to be certain that there are quality wireless devices at a reasonable price which can be used at distances up to 10m from the receiver.

rass said:
I taught myself Visual BASIC (when I was 14 haha) and made a couple of random games, took programming at high school and made a sweet skateboarding game in BASIC with icon based animations and everything haha, it was a mess.

I have no real background but I'm keen to learn. Just prefer to learn on a mac, hence obj.C

Do you use the apple development centre resources? I understand there are free articles or something after you sign up. I had a wave of inspiration after watching the social network last night, made me remember that I have aspirations haha.
If you have no real background, may I suggest first learning Python first? It's an easy language to learn and lets you get straight to worrying about the concepts of programming since the syntax is very simple. Maybe spend a month with Python and familiarize yourself with loops, conditions, classes, functions, etc. and then jump into ObjC.

If you just want to get into ObjC, a book which basically holds your hand throughout and assumes you have no programming knowledge is this book: Programming in Objective-C 2.0. Brother has it, really useful as it basically introduces you to all the things I mentioned above. Heck, you might want to get it anyway, whether you start off with Python or not since it contains a lot of valuable information relating to ObjC specific things.

About the Apple resources, I haven't heard of them, but I'd assume they'll be useful in getting started. Still, look into getting that book :)

Bernbaum

I'm interested only in GT5 because my new car is in it, but then, it's also in Forza III and I have the wireless racing wheel - a near necessity for such games in my book.

Shaneus

I saw the footage of NFS on Good Game tonight... fucking hell it looks good! Still don't know about whether to go PC or 360. PC is my main gaming rig with the 360 really only used for Rock Band, so I might stick with PC (depending on price). I have a feeling it'll be at an easily justifiable price point (4 dinners, 2 trips to the movies, slab of beer) compared to the consoles, too.

Um, where the FUCK did that iPhone cover come from?!?

Shaneus

Shit... kinda wish I was getting an iPhone 4 now :lol
What do you reckon the chances are of seeing a device I want be popular enough that cool shit like that gets made for it? Absolutely fuck all.

That reminds me: I have two of these I bought in anticipation of me getting an iPhone 4 and my brother wanting one... neither are likely to happen. They were delivered today so if anyone here wants one, let me know. It'll just be whatever it cost me to get sent here, plus a few to send it on.

If not, no biggie... I should get my money back easily enough on eBay anyway :)

Waikis

Shaneus said:
Shit... kinda wish I was getting an iPhone 4 now :lol
What do you reckon the chances are of seeing a device I want be popular enough that cool shit like that gets made for it? Absolutely fuck all.

That reminds me: I have two of these I bought in anticipation of me getting an iPhone 4 and my brother wanting one... neither are likely to happen. They were delivered today so if anyone here wants one, let me know. It'll just be whatever it cost me to get sent here, plus a few to send it on.

If not, no biggie... I should get my money back easily enough on eBay anyway :)

Reserver 1 for me please? My friend might be interested.

Bernbaum

Take a 360 pad, make the face buttons more flat like a DS3, fix the Dpad, and fuck off the stupid intrusive battery pack on the back (which I thought was archaic back in 2006) and you've probably got the best controller you could ever imagine.

Nemesis_

Deadly Premonition won't be released in Australia

I'd also be careful importing it - I'm not sure if it's legal to import unrated material?

I'll also mention it's fucking amazing but also really fuckin weird. So yeah. Keep that in mind and don't expect something at all conventional!

Oh, and finally, if you do buy it, for the love of god, COMPLETE THE GEORGE SIDE QUESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! You will thank me!

Nemesis556 said:
Deadly Premonition won't be released in Australia

I'd also be careful importing it - I'm not sure if it's legal to import unrated material?

I'll also mention it's fucking amazing but also really fuckin weird. So yeah. Keep that in mind and don't expect something at all conventional!

Oh, and finally, if you do buy it, for the love of god, COMPLETE THE GEORGE SIDE QUESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! You will thank me!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/1713-Deadly-Premonition-Part-1
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/1729-Deadly-Premonition-Part-2
:D

^ Better than Siren: Blood Curse?

Axiom

Chiming in with support of the Telstra cunts thing. I've had the home phone, net and mobile cut off since early November and they keep giving us the run around and we're stuck on hold for hours, then they disconnect us so we have to ring back and tend to get the less helpful person.

So now they're saying 6 months for reconnection, because of a $800 that isn't mine and we were never informed of (but in my name so I don't give them shit for that so much, my cousin is the gift that keeps on giving) but then they tell my mum they'll put it on in her name, then don't and we get the same run around except there's absolutely nothing owing for her.

So I decide to try Internode, phone at first and don't hear from them for a week - they ring today and explain that they can't give us the same phone number due to ISDN or something, could possibly give us a new number but may need $70 to $165 to try.

Fucked.

In better news, the copies of Red Dead, Fable and New Vegas I won are getting a hell of a workout. Fable III and Red Dead are two of my games of the year for sure.

Standing at Mass Effect 2, Red Dead, Super Meat Boy and Fable currently. Whenever I get a connection back I certainly owe Rockstar and Lionhead some DLC money as thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom