• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Anyone have any idea on who would be most likely to break street on GT5? I'm guessing probably JB more than anyone (or at least, they'll match it) but I'd like to reserve a CE either today or tomorrow to make sure I get one.

Also tempted to take a day off to play it but given my age, can't really justify time off for a video game :(

So I had an interesting gaming weekend...

Friday night I load up AC Brotherhood, played for about an hour before I realise that I never finished Assassin's Creed II. What I played of AC II I loved, so I thought I would replay it and finish it before I start Assbro (I lost my ACII save when I got my new xbox a few months ago so I had to start a new game.)

So I start up a new game of AC II, and play for about an hour before I realise that I never finished the original Assassin's Creed.What I played of the original Assassin's Creed I didn't really love, nevertheless I decided to start from the beginning.

So my whole weekend (gaming-wise) was spent playing the original Assassin's Creed. Almost finished it (up to the last target) and to be honest, enjoying it a lot more than when I first played it a few years ago.

I remember being frustrated by the wash rinse and repeat type gameplay structure, however this time I actually enjoyed moving around each new section of the cities as they opened up, methodically doing all the side quests and viewpoints. I also remember being bitterly disappointed with the whole Animus concept, and wished the game was really set in the past. But having seen how that story has developed, I'm actually really glad the developers took that approach.

Can't wait to get home tonight and wrap it up. And knowing of all the improvements that were made in the second game, I can't wait to get stuck into ACII again (and eventually Brotherhood).

Anyway, just felt like sharing. I think I need to do this more often (play old games) as I'm one of those people who too often plays something for a few days and then moves on.

Curious if anyone has been able to get a multi game of AC:B going yet?

It couldn't find another player, let alone a game for me yesterday :lol

Omikron

Extra piece... can someone who has played/finished New Vegas explain if it was all possible to...

Save the fucking monorail from blowing up.

Shaneus said:
Anyone have any idea on who would be most likely to break street on GT5? I'm guessing probably JB more than anyone (or at least, they'll match it) but I'd like to reserve a CE either today or tomorrow to make sure I get one.

Also tempted to take a day off to play it but given my age, can't really justify time off for a video game :(

JB have ZERO chance of breaking on GT5. I doubt anyone will. But if anyone, it'd be Kmart or Dick Smith.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Lolololol melb pub transport really does suck ass. Going to be 2hrs late for work, oh well they can ya take it out of my 6 weeks available holiday.

This shit better be fixed on the way home.

Oh and my lunch, which is last nights meat has been in my bag since 7am. I guess that's kinda fucked too. I can fridge it at 10:30 but that might be too late?

Clipper

Shaneus said:
Given your nationality, how can you say that? Australians are lords of the sickie!

Having said that, I've never been tempted to take a day off just for a game release. I've been late, but never taken off the whole day.

MrSerrels

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is awesome. So, so awesome.

Almost kind of shits me a little that reviews have been a little negative based on the fact that it only took a year to develop. If a game is good it's good. Sometimes I think inside knowledge of a game's development can unfairly colour review.

jambo

Omi said:
I played far too much New Vegas on sunday... oops. :lol
I had another 8 hour session >_>

It was broken up by dinner and a few other things though...

Omi said:
Hrmm, cheers fred, seems like I just ran out of time, I got inside the monorail, but then it took off and somehow I ended up sitting on the tracks and it exploded...sigh.

Trying to limit myself on reloading saves based on failing plot points, limited reloads to just when companions die :lol

I never actually had any issues with that. I'd heard about the problems,
but I just ran over as soon as he mentioned the bomb and used my science skill to remove it.

Fallout 3 tonight ^_^

Shaneus

Clipper said:
Given your nationality, how can you say that? Australians are lords of the sickie!

Having said that, I've never been tempted to take a day off just for a game release. I've been late, but never taken off the whole day.
Oh, it would be legit annual leave. I'd never take an *actual* sickie... I'd just feel guilty as hell and probably end up spending hours in the shower trying to scrub the shame off :lol

2 Minutes Turkish said:
JB have ZERO chance of breaking on GT5. I doubt anyone will. But if anyone, it'd be Kmart or Dick Smith.
I didn't mean initially, but I believe they're pretty good at breaking if other stores do. If that's the case, it's good enough for me. I'm sure I've bought something from them before an official release date but I can't remember what it was...

Oh, even after buying a Driving Force GT and looking at getting GT5 on launch, I'm still eyeballing a Kinect (though I'll wait until they do some kind of bonus game for Christmas). I think I'm addicted :(

legend166

I haven't taken a sick day all year.

I'm actually starting to get sick now (my brother is at home from work today with the flu), but it's going to look dodgy because it's going to coincide with the start of the cricket :lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
legend166 said:
I haven't taken a sick day all year.

I'm actually starting to get sick now (my brother is at home from work today with the flu), but it's going to look dodgy because it's going to coincide with the start of the cricket :lol
:lol just go in, hope you look sick enough so that you can take tomorrow off with them being "oh man yeah he looked like shit"

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:
:lol just go in, hope you look sick enough so that you can take tomorrow off with them being "oh man yeah he looked like shit"
For shits and giggles, put some green and gold zinc sunscreen on your face :lol

Clipper

I wasn't going to mention this, but given that the discussion is running, I might as well. I can't actually take a sickie at my current job unless I'm actually sick :(. How un-Australian! At my Uni, the general staff can actually take up to 2 days sick leave without notice, but academic staff must provide a doctor's certificate for every day they take off sick (and unlike our students at exam times, I would never forge a doctor's certificate or try to get a dodgy one).

Still, it's a great job, so I can't really complain. Just seems a bit weird with the double standard and all.

Anyone else going to buy Black Ops (360) for $29 off Catch of the Day tomorrow? (or is it Wednesday?)

They're doing Play TV for $69 as well. Need to have my trigger finger ready for that shit.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Anyone else going to buy Black Ops (360) for $29 off Catch of the Day tomorrow? (or is it Wednesday?)

They're doing Play TV for $69 as well. Need to have my trigger finger ready for that shit.
I already have Black Ops.. but for $29 I would totally buy another.

MrSerrels

2 Minutes Turkish said:

I'm having major problems with PlayTV, it only finds like 3-4 channels...

Deeku

Anyone watch the 20/20 last night? I caught the end of it where Hayden brought himself on to bowl the last over. Got a wicket on the last ball too:lol

Agyar

BanShunsaku said:
So I had an interesting gaming weekend...

Friday night I load up AC Brotherhood, played for about an hour before I realise that I never finished Assassin's Creed II. What I played of AC II I loved, so I thought I would replay it and finish it before I start Assbro (I lost my ACII save when I got my new xbox a few months ago so I had to start a new game.)

So I start up a new game of AC II, and play for about an hour before I realise that I never finished the original Assassin's Creed.What I played of the original Assassin's Creed I didn't really love, nevertheless I decided to start from the beginning.

So my whole weekend (gaming-wise) was spent playing the original Assassin's Creed. Almost finished it (up to the last target) and to be honest, enjoying it a lot more than when I first played it a few years ago.

I remember being frustrated by the wash rinse and repeat type gameplay structure, however this time I actually enjoyed moving around each new section of the cities as they opened up, methodically doing all the side quests and viewpoints. I also remember being bitterly disappointed with the whole Animus concept, and wished the game was really set in the past. But having seen how that story has developed, I'm actually really glad the developers took that approach.

Can't wait to get home tonight and wrap it up. And knowing of all the improvements that were made in the second game, I can't wait to get stuck into ACII again (and eventually Brotherhood).

Anyway, just felt like sharing. I think I need to do this more often (play old games) as I'm one of those people who too often plays something for a few days and then moves on.

I started playing AC2 last week and have been sucked in to it. Even Vanquish has fallen by the wayside and that game is great. I'll just keep playing both at once, which works well as Vanquish is intense from end to end and then add Ass Bro multiplayer in to the mix when I get my copy.

My only complaints about AC2 so far would be that the haystacks/rooftop thingos/benches still feel contrived and gamey and that the platforming has a tendency to go awry at the worst possible moments. I can't count the number of times I've tried to go up a wall only to have Ezio do a flying jump off it in the opposite direction and plummet to the ground. There's some finnicky spots as well when you're trying to scale things, where you just can't seem to get Ezio to move until you shift slightly to one side or the other, then he's off again.

jambo

2 Minutes Turkish said:

Might pick it up. A few mates got it on 360 instead of PC so $29 to be able to hit up some MP sounds alright.

Clipper

2 Minutes Turkish said:

It's on Tuesday, and you'll be able to tell when it starts either by e-mail, or at noon today, just check how much remaining time the Monday deal has. Plus, it's possible that neither Black Ops nor PlayTV will surface as only the top 6 deals chosen by users are going to actually be sold.

Given current numbers, it seems the deals would be:
Samsung 640GB Drive $29
havaianas thongs $1
Samsung ES28 Camera $29
CODBlOps $29
Black Wii $149
Logitech dock $5

PlayTV is way down in 11th place, needing at least 3,800 more likes to become one of the 6 pre-announced deals.

BTW, how is it known that it's the 360 version? The image on the site is generic.

Fredescu

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I have it too. But there's nothing wrong with selling them for more, or using them to trade in at EB/JB for other games.
Which is pretty much why you've got no chance of getting it or any of the other super popular items. Not that I won't be trying.

Clipper

If I remember correctly, Halo Reach didn't sell out in the recent hourly deals, so CODBlops will probably be easy enough to get. It's the hardware, like the Wii, that sells out within seconds.

Also, check my previous post to see why you shouldn't be expecting the PlayTV to be there on the day (I editted it in). CODBlops seems safe, though.

Clipper

Fredescu said:
I'm fairly sure Halo Reach did sell out.
But didn't it take half an hour to do so? Perhaps I'm confusing with something else.

In any case, time zones made me forget that it was already noon for you guys back in Aus. The 6 deals are now confirmed as what I listed in the above post. And given the expiry time on today's deal, it looks like it'll be a 12 noon-12 midnight affair.

DualShadow said:
Curious if anyone has been able to get a multi game of AC:B going yet?
I managed a few games over the course of the weekend. I leveled up to about level 8 or 9 in maybe two hours of multiplayer total.

I'd say it's alternately freakin' awesome and the most annoying shit you've ever had to deal with.

jambo

Clipper said:
BTW, how is it known that it's the 360 version? The image on the site is generic.
I dunno

WpGlk.jpg

Just a hunch...

codswallop said:
I managed a few games over the course of the weekend. I leveled up to about level 8 or 9 in maybe two hours of multiplayer total.

I'd say it's alternately freakin' awesome and the most annoying shit you've ever had to deal with.

Which mode were you playing? I'll try again tonight maybe.

Are you on 360 or PS3?

DualShadow said:
Which mode were you playing? I'll try again tonight maybe.

Are you on 360 or PS3?
On 360. It did take a little bit on occasion to get into a game -- moreso on Friday.

I played Wanted, Manhunt and Alliance. Hadn't levelled up enough to unlock any others.

codswallop said:
On 360. It did take a little bit on occasion to get into a game -- moreso on Friday.

I played Wanted, Manhunt and Alliance. Hadn't levelled up enough to unlock any others.

I spent a while and couldn't get into a game at all yesterday :(

Add me on 360 if you want and anyone else playing AC:B

(Quote to see tag)

Shaneus

2 Minutes Turkish said:

PlayTV?
Mind you, it seemed to take forever to get here, but for a little over $60AU shipped it's hardly an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom