• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

markot said:
Why does the media get so crazy over miners trapped in mines >_<?
I don't know whether it was done deliberately or not, but the iGoogle news feed for News.com.au said that it was a "grave" situation. As a pun it's hilarious but as a headline it's a horrible word to use.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Whenever there is a disaster anywhere in the world, prepare for the Aussie media to only give a shit when there is an Australian involved.

Pakistan Floods? No Aussies, no media attention. Aussie down a mine? Shit! Send the whole team! Live crosses! The works!

VOOK said:
Whenever there is a disaster anywhere in the world, prepare for the Aussie media to only give a shit when there is an Australian involved.

Pakistan Floods? No Aussies, no media attention. Aussie down a mine? Shit! Send the whole team! Live crosses! The works!

True dat. This is why I refuse to watch news on any of the free to air channels.

Shaneus

VOOK said:

Yeah, not a fan of how we heard sweet fuck-all about that. Bali bombings were massive in comparison.

On my note before of sick puns/coincidences, the front page of SMH from the day after the Bali bombings (I shit you not... it was from their website). Worst timing ever for Mercedes.
ouboxt.png

legend166

Shaneus said:
Yeah, not a fan of how we heard sweet fuck-all about that. Bali bombings were massive in comparison.

On my note before of sick puns/coincidences, the front page of SMH from the day after the Bali bombings (I shit you not... it was from their website). Worst timing ever for Mercedes.
ouboxt.png

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow :lol

senahorse

VOOK said:

Agreed, I think most countries are like this though. It's as if human life isn't universally equal. I guess George Orwell summed it up best when he wrote "All animals are equal, some are just more equal than others" (or something like that, been a while since I read Animal Farm).

giri

VOOK said:

To be fair, most of the reporting is done on topics that are relevant TO australians, and they only run news shows in 30 minute segments or so. So if there are no Aussie then they are going to report on topics that are more relevant to us. The world news is whats left up to the 24hour news chans.

Not saying i completely agree, but i don't watch televised news in Aus anyway. (who watches FTA?)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Thats human nature though, if it doesn't affect your life it has no real meaning. If a flood in Pakistan doesn't kill anyone classified as an Aussie then it has no impact on anyones life in Australia, in theory. It's the same reason as to why you don't donate all your spending money to starving kids around the world, instead you blow it on videogames or say "hey, no matter the price I'm buying that 3DS" when you could have easily donated that amount to a charity.

That starving kid doesn't bring a real sense of gratification plus it's not physically in your life but a videogame or some other materialistic item, fuck yea that's there for whenever you want to feel good. Sold!

Fucking trains, how do they work. Wish japan invaded us and gave us good public transport!

Ydahs

First day of footy training = hell. Hottest day for months here in Melbourne and I spent the past two hours running with an extra four kilos... going to be fun trimming off that extra weight!

Omikron

Ydahs said:
First day of footy training = hell. Hottest day for months here in Melbourne and I spent the past two hours running with an extra four kilos... going to be fun trimming off that extra weight!

I am sure you lost 4kgs of water weight to make up for it. :lol

Shaneus

Halfbrick on Good Game nao! Which one of you is who?

Edit: HalfbrickPhil is kinda obvious, not sure if the other guys are on here though :/

Edit #2: Holy fuck, Jet Car Stunts is Australian as well? Fuuuuuck.

Rlan

Shaneus said:
Halfbrick on Good Game nao! Which one of you is who?

Edit: HalfbrickPhil is kinda obvious, not sure if the other guys are on here though :/

Edit #2: Holy fuck, Jet Car Stunts is Australian as well? Fuuuuuck.

Shaniel (CEO), Luke Muscat (Fruit Ninja / Monster Dash designer) and Murry (quick shot of the artist) were in the episode alongside Phil.

Shaneus

I thought you guys would've seen that picture before? It's why the guy from Halfbrick is doing that pose :lol
Ydahs said:
Waayy too hot to sleep in Melbourne :(
THAT'S IT! I knew there was a reason I couldn't fucking sleep. Having said that, I've nailed another case in Dead Rising 2, so it's not all bad :lol

Gonna be in a shit mood for work tomorrow, though :/

Ydahs said:

I'm starting this weekend. Looking forward to getting fit again but starting up is always a little difficult.

Edit:I am finally going to join a gym this year to.

So I finished my super LTTP play through of Assassin's Creed last night.

Overall I enjoyed it, although by the time I was doing the last Informer mission (where you have to run around and kill about 10 templars in 5 minutes) I wanted to throw the game out the window. I would be taking my time and being as inconspicuous as possible, only for some crazy beggar to push me and set off the guards alert. Fuck That Shit.

Also, if I played and finished it when it first came out I would have been super pissed at the ending. But knowing I could continue to story immediately I though it was OK.

So I finished it up and moved straight onto AC II. I've played most of ACII before but going straight from ACI to ACII made me realise how fantastic ACII really is. Straight away, everything works and feels better. I remember thinking this when I first played ACII but going straight from one to the other only magnifies it.

And when I think about the games I played last year, ACII is probably my 2009 GOTY. If Assbro is as good as ACII, it could be a tight race between New Vegas, Red Dead and Assbro for my 2010 GOTY.

Omikron

http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...rned-into-movies/story-e6frfrt9-1225958433993

IT'S a mission filled with guns, explosions and car chases. You have to infiltrate a military compound filled with hundreds of enemy soldiers trying to kill you.

So how do you survive it?

By standing around and watching.

An unamused gamer has posted a video of himself playing the first mission from new game Call of Duty: Black Ops on the "hardened" skill setting.

He doesn’t falter. He doesn't die. He doesn't even fire his weapon. He just walks through the mission letting the scripted action play itself out.

Last week news.com.au published an open letter to famous video game designer Peter Molyneux, complaining that his games have been stripped of everything that made them games. Now they're just interactive films.

*snip*

Heh. So true.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Last week news.com.au published an open letter to famous video game designer Peter Molyneux, complaining that his games have been stripped of everything that made them games. Now they're just interactive films.

that sound you all just heard was the sound of pain as my eyes rolled so far back into my head they clicked

trinest

Shaneus said:
I still love that Asian class photo :lol
asian_class_photo.jpg
The front row is obvlious to the two in the front- and are shocked by the camera mans small dick- and everyone whos doing the pice sign is really saying "small dick".

Am I right?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
markot said:
Molyneux hasnt made a good game since Syndicate Wars >.<

I agree. He needs to get back onto that game although after all these dodgy fables, maybe he should stay the fuck away from sydnicate :lol

Don't mess with my childhood molyneux, Bring back bullfrog etc etc

Omikron

Rez said:
that sound you all just heard was the sound of pain as my eyes rolled so far back into my head they clicked

Whether or not you agree with their example, the hyper-controlled experiences in a lot of big budget games are getting very, very old.

Oh and Fable has never been a good/interesting game.

Shaneus

Molyneux was with Bullfrog, yeah? Fuck it, I want Populous with Kinect support. I want to create mountains and dig rivers WITH MY FUCKING HANDS.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played Fable 3.

I have no problem with some games being super-linear (COD) or super-easy (Kirby) or super-Super (Mario). I play so many different games, the idea that only one type exists or will be the only type available in the future is completely irrational.

It seems to me like the only people who'd complain about this are the people who only buy COD and whatever other super-marketed game is out at the time. There are so many different types of games released over just the last six months that I haven't played yet, not to mention all the games from the past few years I haven't touched.

edit: It just feels like I'm sitting on an embarrassment of riches here, and for some reason people insist on complaining about scratching their fingernail on the way up the giant mountain of nice things. But that's life.

rass

Shaneus said:
Molyneux was with Bullfrog, yeah? Fuck it, I want Populous with Kinect support. I want to create mountains and dig rivers WITH MY FUCKING HANDS.
did bullfrog do theme hospital? I would buy theme hospital and kinect for no apparent reason if that were to ever be updated. Golfham.

Windows 7 is good, should have updated months ago instead of just ignoring my PC. Aaaand, because I made mum and dad buy a 27" iMac mum gave me the 22" monitor she had her macbook plugged into. Dual screens fuck yeah.

If any of you studied computer science send me a PM, I need to harass you with questions!

EDIT.
:lol at the Asian class photo, that is too amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom