• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

rass

speaking of HDDs -- PCAusgaf, if I buy another HDD will it come with everything I need to stuff it into my case? there's plenty of room for it. Is it straight forward?

Omikron

rass said:
speaking of HDDs -- PCAusgaf, if I buy another HDD will it come with everything I need to stuff it into my case? there's plenty of room for it. Is it straight forward?

No, it will be just a hdd, you will need the extra sata/power cables as required.

Likely have spares in your mobo box, if you have kept it.

rass

Omi said:
No, it will be just a hdd, you will need the extra sata/power cables as required.

Likely have spares in your mobo box, if you have kept it.
Cheers.
I keep… everything. I'll have a look in my large collection of computer boxes haha, I hope there's something in there. Not that I really need another HDD, I just want to see if I can install it :/

actually - I have a HDD from an old computer (Windows 95) which I need to get photos off, if I installed that could I access the files? I know this is a noobzilla question, the box it's currently in doesn't have working usb ports or a cd burner haha

legend166

rass said:
Cheers.
I keep… everything. I'll have a look in my large collection of computer boxes haha, I hope there's something in there. Not that I really need another HDD, I just want to see if I can install it :/

actually - I have a HDD from an old computer (Windows 95) which I need to get photos off, if I installed that could I access the files? I know this is a noobzilla question, the box it's currently in doesn't have working usb ports or a cd burner haha

If it's from a Windows 95 box it's probably an old IDE HDD where you've got to set jumpers and all that crap.

Omikron

rass said:
Cheers.

Bit of a harder question as that old HDD is IDE and you may or may not have available IDE connections in the new machine.

trinest

The only thing I would get another HDD for storing TV shows and recordings and stuff. Or music- dunno. I'd probably perfer to get a TB one though or like 2TB.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Do I want a LED monitor?
edit:
After getting through to pretty much the last screen on Catch of the Day to buy said monitor.. I decided that I actually don't need it. Or even have a good use for it..

Shaneus

Seems that quite a few Americans are getting their hands on GT5 right now... chances of us getting it today or tomorrow? Probably fuck all :(

I need an account just to look at the Catch of the Day site now? Fuck that.

Created an account "justletmelookdammit@mailinator.com" with password "letmelook" just so I can browse their stupid site. Obviously if you use this remember to logout and use your own account if you're actually going to purchase something!

Frawdder

To the people getting GT5, would anyone be interested in an AusGAF Track Day/Races/Fooling Around this weekend? I mentioned the idea in Steam chat a couple of days ago and some people seemed interested, so in an attempt to get as many people as possible crashing into each other racing at the same time I'm putting this here. We can do it whenever people are free, probably have a session Friday night and then again on Saturday and/or Sunday (day or night, or both).

So, good idea? Y/N

jambo

the last.fm app isn't available in Australia and the only unofficial app makes you use it's player instead the iPod app.

This way I can have a background scrobbler at all times

Clipper

codswallop said:
I need an account just to look at the Catch of the Day site now? Fuck that.

Created an account "justletmelookdammit@mailinator.com" with password "letmelook" just so I can browse their stupid site. Obviously if you use this remember to logout and use your own account if you're actually going to purchase something!
You probably only need an account for these Catch of the Hour type deal days. Note that you'll never get anything worthwhile if you don't have the account anyway, as it will have sold out by the time you switch accounts, and that blocking people without accounts means those people aren't messing with your chances of actually getting a chance to buy one of the popular deals.

Shaneus

Anyone know with the "same format" trades @ JB if you can do 360<->PS3? I figured that was to cover themselves against Wii and DS crap but hoping those two are seen as the same.

legend166 said:
CODBLOPS sold out on Catch of the Day.

Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day refreshing on the hour. I want that HDD.

That was bullshit.

Got to entering my credit card details, clicked to confirm it all, and it sold out. Fuckers.

jambo

I think it rolled over again and may have been the HDD, getting a Service Unavailable message.

FAKE EDIT: $9.95 wireless mouse, yawn

jambo

In Cydia get Scrobbl then just open the Scrobbl app and enter your last.fm username and password. Whenever you listen to music in the iPad app it will scrobble the tracks to last.fm!

CryptiK

I have 2 UK codes for club nintendo (brawl and wii music) I assume they wont work on teh AU Club nintendo so does anyone have a swap we could do I want one of those awesome shirts!

Clipper said:
You probably only need an account for these Catch of the Hour type deal days.
I thought that might be the case too, but in case it's a permanent thing, there's at least an account you can use to browse without them linking it back to you in any way (who knows what they log, right? /paranoid).

jambo

legend166 said:
brb scrobbling on my android and playing games on my ds

FLAWLESS VICTORY
brb scrobbling on my iphone, playing games on my iPhone and iPad and Xbox 360 and PS3 and Wii and PC.

FLAK MONKEY

jambo

and

zUYww.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom