• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tntnnbltn

Bought a new laptop today, and the specs are quite an improvement over the previous one.

Perhaps it won't freeze up playing 4v4 matches on SC2 now... Hmm...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Tntnnbltn said:
Bought a new laptop today, and the specs are quite an improvement over the previous one.

Perhaps it won't freeze up playing 4v4 matches on SC2 now... Hmm...

I should save up for one after my trip to NZ, was playing an epic game of sc2 lastnight, 2v2 50+ minutes and my laptop overheated and shut off.

I then had to use it whilst sitting it on frozen pizza bases so it would be ok

Tntnnbltn

markot said:
As in what are the specs >.<?
HP Pavilion DV6-3078TX

Processor: Intel Core i7, 720QM @ 1.60 GHz
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 5650, 1GB
Installed RAM: 8GB (2x4GB)
Hard Drive Size: 640GB
Screen Size: 15.6"
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Price was $1417 @ JB Hifi.

CryptiK

rass said:
turns out I have the best girlfriend ever.
she had this waiting for me when I got home :D

2wnoah5.jpg

WOOP WOOP!
now I'm off to shoppo to get some component cables and probably another game
We have the best Girlfriends ever she did the same for me and also just bought

Mario Kart Wii
SSBB
Zelda
Paper Mario

Ydahs

What update has Steam released in the past six months which is causing it to take so long to complete? I mean, only 8% in half an hour, and my Steam download speed is normally ~1 MB...

edit: 40 min, 8%. Something ain't right. Cancel and restart better be fix it.
edit the 2nd: finished updating but now taking forever to actually sign in? This happening to anyone else?...
edit the 3rd: omg more updates
edit: yay

Ydahs

Gazunta said:
I has an iPad wooooooo
I've been holding out on getting one, waiting for the inevitable revision but I don't think I can wait that long anymore... As long as you don't go on about how awesome it is, I guess I'll be fine.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ydahs said:
What update has Steam released in the past six months which is causing it to take so long to complete? I mean, only 8% in half an hour, and my Steam download speed is normally ~1 MB...

edit: 40 min, 8%. Something ain't right. Cancel and restart better be fix it.
edit the 2nd: finished updating but now taking forever to actually sign in? This happening to anyone else?...
edit the 3rd: omg more updates
edit: yay

Just so you know what's happening on your way in

12:56 AM - AnkhWeasel: How you like your eggs?
12:57 AM - Sythzor: fried or fertilised?
12:57 AM - AnkhWeasel: Indeed!
12:57 AM - Hamchan: well this is weird
Hamchan left chat.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My ears, they be ringing. I hate it! Also i'm drinking coke, that can't be a good thing.

Baroness was awesome. Lamb of god was lamb of god and the fans are mentally insane. For some reason on the side i was on there was just some crazy ass pit going, even the singer from lamb was like, what's going on with this side? All the psychos are on it, awesome!

Metallica do what Metallica do and they do it very well. Some great old songs got thrown in the mix, a few tracks from garage days, Lars is still a pussy and won't do proper double bass on dyers eve but it was great to see them play it.

ClivePwned said:
only thing you can do for NEXT TIME is get a pair of ear plugs like this

http://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/view/10329/vater-ear-plugs-safe-n-sound/

has worked for me but then I'm not at metal (or louder) concerts
Ive always found those christmas tree style plastic plugs are not good at all, the bullet shaped disposable foam plugs are the best for blocking sound.

Actually i just realised this is a concert related convo so maybe the ones that are not the best are the better choice here.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rahk mentioned ones in steam chat last night. I don't remember them but they looked nice.

The ringing lasts for a few days and buggers off, It's not too bad :lol

remz

evlcookie said:
Rahk mentioned ones in steam chat last night. I don't remember them but they looked nice.

The ringing lasts for a few days and buggers off, It's not too bad :lol
my ear ringing is permanent... shit sucks

pieatorium said:
Ive always found those christmas tree style plastic plugs are not good at all, the bullet shaped disposable foam plugs are the best for blocking sound.

Actually i just realised this is a concert related convo so maybe the ones that are not the best are the better choice here.

You just want to attenuate rather than block (it is a concert after all). The guys in the road crew and on stage will be wearing something similar to the Christmas tree ones (if they don't have in ear foldback)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
TwiztidElf said:
Is he actually in Australia? Is he doing any public events/signings? Coming to Brisbane?

His English is very ordinary right? How's that going to work with idiotic Sunday viewers?

Na man it was filmed in Japan, if he was here I'd be on the plane getting my own interview!

I suggest it'll either be just his english, him in Japanese with subs or a translator.

rass

CryptiK said:
We have the best Girlfriends ever she did the same for me and also just bought

Mario Kart Wii
SSBB
Zelda
Paper Mario
You win haha, mine won't even play it with me and tunes out when I mention specific games. I can't wait to get goldeneye haha. I need to make a decision on what to spend the 500 free points on too, either Pacman or Excitebike. I have a cartridge copy of excitebike but it seizes up after the menu so I'm leaning towards that at the moment. No rush though.

Megadrive said:
So guys.. Are we still moving forward?
I moved forward a little today, bought windows 7 (pro, 64 bit) :)
just waiting for my damn stuff to copy to an external so I can do a clean install.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
rass said:
You win haha, mine won't even play it with me and tunes out when I mention specific games. I can't wait to get goldeneye haha. I need to make a decision on what to spend the 500 free points on too, either Pacman or Excitebike. I have a cartridge copy of excitebike but it seizes up after the menu so I'm leaning towards that at the moment. No rush though.

just waiting for my damn stuff to copy to an external so I can do a clean install.

http://ninite.com/ use it

Clipper

Megadrive said:
So guys.. Are we still moving forward?

I Just finished moving several thousand kilometres forward while simultaneously moving three hours backwards in time. Gotta love time zones.

Nemesis_

Fredescu said:
The Age of Empires 3 for 10 cents thing seems to work in Australia by the way. Downloading now.

It didn't work for me, as soon as I logged in it fucked up and said it wasn't available?

rass

cookie, just got around to trying ninite.
I am so amazed at how good of an idea this is.
thanks for the heads up

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rubixcuba said:
How are people getting the Age Of Empires download ? It doesn't work for Australia ?

Fred said it does. You have to use the GFWL client i believe and it should be there. They could have fixed it though by now.

Danoss

I use the same ones Rahk. I've got to get used to them as I think they attenuate a little too much, though it's likely I've been doing it wrong.

trinest

evlcookie said:
Fred said it does. You have to use the GFWL client i believe and it should be there. They could have fixed it though by now.
I got the price from both the client and the website- worked for me :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's going to be sweet when I can finally afford things like video games and food again

Not yet cookie. Haven't even had the time to send them off through the last week. Should hopefully get on that this week. The pcg guys are being pretty cool about it so far.

Couldn't even fund a game of AC:B this afternoon/night :lol

Didnt even find another player, either the match maker sucks or noone is playing.

ErinMarcon

Neo Member
remz said:
my ear ringing is permanent... shit sucks

Yep, me too.

I think it’s called Tinnitus.

William Shattner has had it for years, which probably suggests that extremely manly people are the most susceptible.

CryptiK

rass said:

we need to have a golden eye night I got it its a bit laggy framerate wise but it works!

Ydahs

You guys with the ringing ear, does your ear feel numb when it happens? Mine does, but others with it don't normally experience the numbness...

remz

Ydahs said:
You guys with the ringing ear, does your ear feel numb when it happens? Mine does, but others with it don't normally experience the numbness...
Nope. Didn't when it started, doesn't now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom