• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've seen the option to start from a checkpoint rather then the whole mission, maybe I missed it.

Yeah it was annoying about those forced missions they should have done those immediately after you unlocked something cause like you I had already figured it all out for myself and even leveled my recruits pretty well before doing that mission.

Edit: Totally agree with the guild challenges, they are a good idea but a better description of how to complete them would be nice. I still don't know which guards to crossbow for the Thieves one.

Choc

Banned
Rez said:
I'd turn off Cell Data.

I am fairly sure on a iphone you can't turn data off (unless roaming)

also Rage iphone is all sorts of awesome, for $1

if games can look that good on iphone that is nuts

Agyar

Choc said:

also Rage iphone is all sorts of awesome, for $1

if games can look that good on iphone that is nuts

You can, there's an option to turn Cellular Data on or off in the General/Network settings. I believe it was added in 4.0.

jambo

Choc said:
KrOcb.jpg

DualShadow said:
I don't think I've seen the option to start from a checkpoint rather then the whole mission, maybe I missed it.
Only happens if you die or are detected in missions where you can't be detected (such as
the Sant Angelo mission
or
the Leonardo's Machines missions
which I've done three of and all have been cool).

DualShadow said:
Edit: Totally agree with the guild challenges, they are a good idea but a better description of how to complete them would be nice. I still don't know which guards to crossbow for the Thieves one.
I didn't even know they existed until I unlocked one and it told me so.

Bernbaum said:
I'm close to using up my data quota on my telstra iPhone. What happens if I use it all up?

For context, my previous phone was a $40 Nokia that had buttons and stuff on the front and maybe a camera I can't remember...

Telstra just upgrade all their data packs on the Caps.

$49 Cap now comes with 1GB. I upgraded mine the other day.
$79 has 2GB now.

So awesome.

Shaneus

pilonv1 said:
we're not that bad. some people just have thin skins
Wanna bet Rocco/Jasper is lurking here? :lol

2 Minutes Turkish said:

$79 has 2GB now.

So awesome.
Any idea if that includes prepaid? I'm thinking of paying out my iPhone and going with Telstra PP.

codswallop said:
Only happens if you die or are detected in missions where you can't be detected (such as
the Sant Angelo mission
or
the Leonardo's Machines missions
which I've done three of and all have been cool).

I didn't even know they existed until I unlocked one and it told me so.

Those were awesome missions so I don't mind replaying them a few times to get the 100% synch :D

Oh i tried to get a game of multi again last night......nothing. I don't know why I can't find a fucking game.

Agyar

2 Minutes Turkish said:

$79 has 2GB now.

So awesome.

The best thing about Telstra plans is that you can change the data plan (e.g. get a $49 cap, remove the 1GB pack and add a 2GB pack).

DualShadow said:
Those were awesome missions so I don't mind replaying them a few times to get the 100% synch :D

Oh i tried to get a game of multi again last night......nothing. I don't know why I can't find a fucking game.
Might be the how your console connects to Xbox Live -- maybe the game requires less restricted access to your console. I had trouble in the past with some games, having a "moderate" connection and have since changed it to an open one.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/Live/EngineeringBlog/NATs-and-xbox-live
http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages...b/error-your-nat-type-strict.aspx?kbid=979000

Agyar said:
The best thing about Telstra plans is that you can change the data plan (e.g. get a $49 cap, remove the 1GB pack and add a 2GB pack).

The best thing about Telstra is that you can actually make calls and USE your data.

Fuck the haters, anyone who doesn't have their mobile phone with Telstra might as well not own a mobile phone.

Home phone/Internet? Different story :lol

Shaneus

2 Minutes Turkish said:
The best thing about Telstra is that you can actually make calls and USE your data.

Fuck the haters, anyone who doesn't have their mobile phone with Telstra might as well not own a mobile phone.

Exactly why I'm signing up. Screw the price I just want to be able to use my phone on the way from Melbourne to Geelong. Optus/Virgin have been absolutely shit for data.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Funny, in the past I've never had a problem with either Vodafone (no longer with) or Optus (currently with) for either calls or data. Except a few rare black spots that I hardly visit.

Shaneus said:
Screw the price I just want to be able to use my phone on the way from Melbourne to Geelong.
Never had a problem with that myself. I've used my laptop tethered with Optus along the entire bloody awful trip. People with Telstra report the new Geelong Ring Road has a few black spots but I don't have issues.

Agyar

codswallop said:
Funny, in the past I've never had a problem with either Vodafone (no longer with) or Optus (currently with) for either calls or data. Except a few rare black spots that I hardly visit.

I thought this as well, after two years of using my iPhone 3G on Virgin (Optus). Then after I getting the iPhone 4 on Telstra, I realised that waiting as long as I was for web pages to load, shitty image compression and 3G drop-outs/lock-ups aren't actually normal for mobile internet.

jambo

I did speed tests with a mate on Telstra and we got pretty much the same in a few diff spots around Adelaide.

2 Minutes Turkish said:

I make calls and use my data all the time on my Optus powered iPhone 4.

You talk about haters and then go on to hate.

Hypocrites gonna hypocrite =P

jambo said:
I did speed tests with a mate on Telstra and we got pretty much the same in a few diff spots around Adelaide.

:lol

I've had experience with all the networks bar 3 (lol 3), and you don't realise how much better Telstra is until you've been with the others.

You SAY you have no problems with Optus, but my brother says that to, but he's not the one that can't get through to himself most of the time when we try to call him.

I have a mate who switched to Droptus after being with Telstra for the better part of a decade, apparently the iPhone deal at the time was too good to refuse.

He's already considering paying out the contract and switching back less than 6 months into the 2 year contract :lol

People leave Telstra over price. Not service. For Optus and Voda it's the other way around. I know where I'd rather sit.

I'd almost say it's akin to Xbox Live and PSN from a gaming perspective. Xbox Live being Telstra.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
2 Minutes Turkish said:
VOOK, what are the chances of Australia getting the 25th Anniversary Mario DSi XL?

Or should I import it?

If we were getting it, they would have had announced it already. Importing the only way.

Choc, that's been there since 1.0

jambo

2 Minutes Turkish said:
:lol

I've had experience with all the networks bar 3 (lol 3), and you don't realise how much better Telstra is until you've been with the others.

You SAY you have no problems with Optus, but my brother says that to, but he's not the one that can't get through to himself most of the time when we try to call him.
I say that because I don't have any fucking problems. Don't use fucking anecdotal "my brother" shit to try and prove me wrong.

I never get dropped calls or drop outs unless I go up into the hills, but I never go to the hills any more so it doesn't matter.

wHWut.jpg

Shaneus

codswallop said:

Never had a problem with that myself. I've used my laptop tethered with Optus along the entire bloody awful trip. People with Telstra report the new Geelong Ring Road has a few black spots but I don't have issues.
iPhone. Because it uses 850/2100 and Optus is 900/2100 if you can't get the higher band you're fucked. Telstra has 850/900/2100 (I think) so if I can't get one band I'll get the other... with Optus I only get the one before I'm kicked back to 2G.

Agyar

jambo said:

Download bandwidth on a speed test is hardly indicative of the service quality, especially when you're probably using the speedtest.net app which uses a lot of Optus servers. Optus can often match Telstra for download bandwidth but it fails miserably when it comes to ping, packet loss, upload bandwidth and the ability to maintain a stable connection.

At the coffee shop across from my office, Optus my 3G would get upwards of 2500kb/s down but never more than 200kb/s up and with anywhere from 300ms ping to over 1000ms. On Telstra, I consistently get over 4000kb/s down and over 3000kb/s up, with pings stable around 250ms. The speed at which pages load is noticebly faster. They don't stall, I don't need to reload them and the 3G connection remains solid moving through buildings and in the car (where Optus really struggled).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, the ON/OFF cell data was not there back in the iPhone 3G days. You had to input a bogus UN/PW to trick into not connecting

jambo

I never have websites stall or require reloading. Never have issues moving between buildings either.

I use my phone whenever I'm walking around the CBD on my lunch break, so I'd notice if sites wouldn't load or timed out. It just doesn't happen to me in Adelaide.

Agyar said:
At the coffee shop across from my office, Optus my 3G
In what state are you? Perhaps Optus isn't so good in some places but good in others.

I don't care about the price, but I consider Telstra much bigger dicks than Optus, which is why I'm with Optus. I'd still be with Vodafone if they offered plans with any sort of data at the time I was starting to use it more.

Choc

Banned
optus and vodafone are complete arse data wise when compared to telstra in terms of coverage

phone coverage is generally ok

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've never had any trouble with Optus 3G coverage. *shrug*

Agyar

jambo said:
Pretty sure it was added in iOS 4.0, thus you won't have it on 3.1.3

Just upgrade to 4.1 and jailbreak again!

4.2 came out yesterday. Speaking of which, has anyone seen any details of iPhone 3G performance with 4.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom