• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend166

Just put the tree up:

68117_469909263369_608078369_5819978_5353507_n.jpg

Our family motto when it comes to Christmas decorations:

"More is more."

I can't handle those trees that just have a couple baubles and some tinsel. Crappy! Gotta pile the stuff on. I'll take another photo when it's dark and you can see the lights more.

We never put a tree up.

When Santa comes and visits at our house he leaves unwrapped presents out the front of the door of my bedroom.

Santa is a fat bald man wearing jocks aka my dad.

This sounds so wrong.

Bernbaum

legend166 said:
Just put the tree up:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs801.snc4/68117_469909263369_608078369_5819978_5353507_n.jpg[IMG]

Our family motto when it comes to Christmas decorations:

"More is more."

I can't handle those trees that just have a couple baubles and some tinsel. Crappy! Gotta pile the stuff on. I'll take another photo when it's dark and you can see the lights more.[/QUOTE]
[I]Lisa - "Mom, this fake snow is making me dizzy."
Marge - "We're almost finished. There's just a little bit of green left."[/I]

Currently playing NFS: Hot Pursuit with the racing wheel. Hot-damn, the next level has been reached. If [I]anything[/I], it makes item use much more managable as I no longer need to lift my left thumb from the analog stick to access the Dpad.

I was pining for some realistic racing action, but NFS is delivering by the bucketload right now.

Best impulse purchase of the year.

CryptiK

Just bought my GF's christmas Present it conists of the whole 1st Doctor Doctor Who Series( the classics) was 149 AUD in total from Amazon UK no lets hope they arrived before christmass like the website said xD nad now I am probs about to buy her a remote controle darlek.

Clipper

CryptiK said:
Just bought my GF's christmas Present it conists of the whole 1st Doctor Doctor Who Series( the classics) was 149 AUD in total from Amazon UK no lets hope they arrived before christmass like the website said xD nad now I am probs about to buy her a remote controle darlek.
Just a word of warning... Do you happen to know if your GF's DVD player of choice is region free? The BBC ones are usually encoded 2-only.

CryptiK

Clipper said:
Just a word of warning... Do you happen to know if your GF's DVD player of choice is region free? The BBC ones are usually encoded 2-only.
who uses a DVD player these days xD I have a PC mang and yes before you ask one of the DVD players in the PC is region 2 setting.

Dead Man

Damnit WA.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/w...-r18-video-games/story-e6frfro0-1225965950660

THE West Australian attorney general will come under pressure from his own party room to block moves to introduce a R 18+ classification for video games.

On Sunday the Federal Government signalled it would push for changes to Australia's video game classification system, which would see the MA15+ rating replaced by R18+ as the country's most restrictive classification.

The issue will come up for discussion at the Standing Committee of Attorneys-General (SCAG) meeting where Home Affairs Minister Brendan O'Connor needs to secure unanimous support from the states.

WA Attorney General Christian Porter is yet to determine the government's position with his spokeswoman saying he would decide after the meeting.

However, he will come under pressure from a group of 12 Liberal and National government MPs, including Water Minister Graham Jacobs, who are against any move for an R18+ rating.

Swan Hills MP Frank Alban said lifting the classification would give the green light to video game content that was previously unacceptable.

"I'm in favour for more protection of children and kids but I think the borders of our morality have been extended to such an extent where we almost don't have any borders at all," Mr Alban told AAP.

Upper house MP Nick Goiran said the joint children's commissioners had made a submission to the federal attorney general opposing the move as it could expose children to extreme violence and sexual assault.

"If all of the children's commissioners are collectively saying this is bad news, this is a bad idea, then I take that very seriously," Mr Goiran told AAP.

"I'm very concerned if any government casts that aside and shows no regard for it. It makes you wonder what is the point of having a children's commissioner."

Mr Goiran dismissed Mr O'Connor's opinion that an R18+ classification would provide a new level of protection saying it was a cliched "cheap one-liner" with no merit.

"What I would say is why don't you enforce what you're supposed to be doing on the MA 15+ instead of being weak on the MA 15+ and using that as an excuse."

Mr Alban said there is a significant group of MPs in the party room who had taken a "strong stand on moral issues" and believed Mr Porter would consult them before deciding.

"It's a little bit of a balancing act for him; you've got to do what has to be done but I think our position is a position of influence," he said.

"He's very accessible to all MPs and certainly those in the party room and I think his decisions are based on the general view of all of us and I'm not feeling threatened. I do feel we will have input."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/w...es/story-e6frfro0-1225965950660#ixzz17EbiqeVE

Ydahs

If we do get an R18 rating, that means that the classification of MA15 titles will be stricter now right? As in some titles which sneaked in for MA might instead be given an R18?

Also, paintball is awesome but the dozen bruises all over my body don't look too good.

Dead Man

Ydahs said:
If we do get an R18 rating, that means that the classification of MA15 titles will be stricter now right? As in some titles which sneaked in for MA might instead be given an R18?

Also, paintball is awesome but the dozen bruises all over my body don't look too good.
That would be my understanding, and I think that would be a good thing. And yes, paintball does leave marks!

Upper house MP Nick Goiran said the joint children's commissioners had made a submission to the federal attorney general opposing the move as it could expose children to extreme violence and sexual assault
:lol :lol
for serious?

Bernbaum

Ydahs said:

Yup. I'd say that's where Gears 2, L4D2 and Modern Warfare 2 all belong without a doubt.

CryptiK said:
who uses a DVD player these days xD I have a PC mang and yes before you ask one of the DVD players in the PC is region 2 setting.

He asked if your GIRLFRIEND'S DVD player of choice is region free. Who cares what your PC can do if the gift is for her you berk.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
2010: Top 100
1 Masterchef Australia – The Winner Announced Ten 4,028,882
2 Masterchef Australia – Finale Night Ten 3,594,399
3 Seven’s AFL: Grand Final: Presentations Seven 3,357,550
4 Seven’s AFL: Grand Final: Collingwood V St Kilda Seven 2,767,569
5 Melbourne Cup – The Race Seven 2,707,307
6 Seven’s AFL: Grand Final Re-Match Seven 2,686,813
7 Seven’s AFL: Grand Final Re-Match: Presentations Seven 2,618,146
8 State Of Origin Rugby League NSW V Qld 1st – Match Nine 2,468,186
9 Seven’s AFL: Grand Final: Post-Match Seven 2,451,165
10 Seven’s Tennis: 2010 Aust Open – Men’s Final Seven 2,420,898
11 Underbelly: The Golden Mile – Episode 1 Nine 2,357,959
12 Junior Masterchef Australia – Launch Ten 2,293,297
13 State Of Origin Rugby League NSW V Qld 2nd – Match Nine 2,172,601
14 Rugby League Grand Final Nine 2,168,765
15 Seven’s AFL: AFL Grand Final: On The Ground Seven 2,165,832
16 Melbourne Cup – Race Presentation Seven 2,134,281
17 Underbelly: The Golden Mile -Ep 2 Nine 2,126,464
18 Such Is Life: The Troubled Times Of Ben Cousins – Part 1 Seven 2,125,339
19 Packed To The Rafters Seven 2,040,938
20 Seven’s AFL: AFL Grand Final: On The Ground Re-Match Seven 1,957,160

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/12/2010-the-top-100.html

Aon

HolyCheck said:
1 Masterchef Australia – The Winner Announced Ten 4,028,882
2 Masterchef Australia – Finale Night Ten 3,594,399
5 Melbourne Cup – The Race Seven 2,707,307
10 Seven’s Tennis: 2010 Aust Open – Men’s Final Seven 2,420,898
11 Underbelly: The Golden Mile – Episode 1 Nine 2,357,959
12 Junior Masterchef Australia – Launch Ten 2,293,297
16 Melbourne Cup – Race Presentation Seven 2,134,281
17 Underbelly: The Golden Mile -Ep 2 Nine 2,126,464
19 Packed To The Rafters Seven 2,040,938

I have legitimately not watched anything on this list.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
22 Seven’s AFL: Grand Final Re-Match: Post-Match Seven 1,938,886
26 Such Is Life: The Troubled Times Of Ben Cousins – Part 2 Seven 1,852,742
33 Top Gear – Episode 1 Nine 1,765,961
44 Gruen Nation ABC1 1,616,205
49 Seven’s AFL: Grand Final Pre-Match Entertainment Seven 1,571,951
62 World’s Strictest Parents Seven 1,419,764
63 Seven’s AFL: Preliminary Final 1 Seven 1,419,557
68 The Gruen Transfer ABC1 1,411,289
77 Yes We Canberra!- ABC1 1,382,999
82 2010 FIFA World Cup: Gha V Aus Live SBS ONE 1,367,343
92 Seven’s AFL: Grand Final Re-Match Entertainment Seven 1,325,276
95 Top Gear Australia Nine 1,308,416

There is what I watched out of the top 100.

go me.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I now have a favourite piece of female clothing. Those business style skirts they wear that are insanely tight, along with a black/white top. So fucking hot.

I now love the city.

legend166

Splitting up every possible aspect of the Grand Final is such a spin move by Seven.

Next year we'll have 'AFL Grand Final - First Quarter', 'AFL Grand Final - Second Quarter', and so on so they can get even more entries.

Bernbaum

HolyCheck said:

List of some bizarre alien culture.

Nope, not even 5 cumulative minutes of any of that. Not even State of Origin, which I grew up following and have been to several matches. I don't even know what half that list is. Is Guy Sebastian still a thing?

Only broadcast TV we watch is the ABC news and whatever football is on OneHD or SBS. Bugger, even Q and A gets watched online.

Edit: oh, except the world cup of course, but I was in the US for a good chunk of that.

Shaneus said:
^^ Holy shit, we're all bogans.
Funnily enough, Masterchef is slowly turning us into a more sophisticated people. Ever since Masterchef first aired, sales of recipe books, attendance at fine restaurants and sales of exotic ingredients like "vanilla bean" and "coriander" have exploded.

As a nation where the majority are Brit-descendents who subsist on meat-and-three-veg-fish-and-chips-meat-pies-and-tomato-sauce, this is the biggest thing to happen to Australia's eating habits since postwar immigration introduced the wonder-meal spaghetti bolognese.

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
Spots 1 and 2 are the same move from Ten. It was the same show split up into two.

guys, under audit rules they have to split it up if they charge two different fees for advertising in those blocks

for example the masterchef finale cost almost twice as much to advertise in as the regular series.

If the WA man is going to be the new Atko then i hope he knews what he is in for.

if we get this close and fail due to one person yet again the bombardment of shit he will get is insane.

As well as this, its about time that all the states who say yes can have the crap and WA who live in the 80s can piss off and be on their own.

Its ridiculous that in a so called democratic country one person wields such power and is so uneducated.

Choc

Banned
also going against the Federal Government recommendation when it is a federal law is a very dangerous thing to do politically especially if you are not the same party.

Of course Gillard won't cut health funding etc if they say no, but it will piss them off as they want it now and they will probably be less accommodating on other not so important stuff in the future as well.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
27 Hamish & Andy’s Caravan Of Courage Ten 1,846,747
28 Undercover Boss Premiere Ten 1,844,642
31 State Of Origin Rugby League NSW V Qld 3rd – Match Nine 1,786,740
33 Top Gear – Episode 1 Nine 1,765,961
41 State Of Origin Rugby League NSW Qld 1st – Pre Match Nine 1,634,098
57 Modern Family Ten 1,479,382
69 State Of Origin Rugby League NSW V Qld 2nd – Pre Match Nine 1,409,175
82 2010 FIFA World Cup: Gha V Aus Live SBS ONE 1,367,343
83 Rugby League Grand Final Presentation Nine 1,362,313
95 Top Gear Australia Nine 1,308,416
100 Learn India With Hamish & Andy Ten 1,293,339

Take out State of Origin.. and I didn't watch much.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Since tomorrow at 7pm is the day WoW - Cattackalysm hits i figured i would throw in a last warning for those interesting. I've updated the wiki page of pointlessness, woohoo!

http://ausgaffe.wikidot.com/wowaa

What i watched from that list:

What i watched that wasn't on that list on local tv:
Sherlock.

rass

goddam, what's happened in the last 4 days that I'm likely to care about?
Where I went in Tasmania was a black hole of no reception, no internet, no good weather and no fun. Whoever else was heading to Tas shortly - watch out for potholes, they are mental down there. I am pumped to have internets again.

giri

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Funnily enough, Masterchef is slowly turning us into a more sophisticated people. Ever since Masterchef first aired, sales of recipe books, attendance at fine restaurants and sales of exotic ingredients like "vanilla bean" and "coriander" have exploded.

As a nation where the majority are Brit-descendents who subsist on meat-and-three-veg-fish-and-chips-meat-pies-and-tomato-sauce, this is the biggest thing to happen to Australia's eating habits since postwar immigration introduced the wonder-meal spaghetti bolognese.

Master Chef Ausrtalia is a pale pale horrible red-headed step child of a show, compared to Master Chef UK. The original is a show all about your cooking talents. Australias is just a series of challenge as much related to food, as not.

But you're still right :(

giri said:
Master Chef Ausrtalia is a pale pale horrible red-headed step child of a show, compared to Master Chef UK. The original is a show all about your cooking talents.

This. Masterchef UK is so much better than the 'strayan version.

Fat Julie whatshername would have topped herself if she had to go through any of what they put UK contestants through :lol

Omikron

rass said:
goddam, what's happened in the last 4 days that I'm likely to care about?
Where I went in Tasmania was a black hole of no reception, no internet, no good weather and no fun. Whoever else was heading to Tas shortly - watch out for potholes, they are mental down there. I am pumped to have internets again.

Apart from the withdrawal symptoms, did you enjoy? :p

Shaneus

giri said:
Master Chef Ausrtalia is a pale pale horrible red-headed step child of a show, compared to Master Chef UK. The original is a show all about your cooking talents. Australias is just a series of challenge as much related to food, as not.

But you're still right :(
Hey, with the exception that both my parents are still together I take offense to that statement!

Not really, though... my hair is auburn. I know you're really only talking about those bright red-headed people like Cameron Ling and Mick Hucknall :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing about Masterchef is its production values. There's someone who works at Ten who really has his finger on the pulse. Channel Seven and Nine are usually so embarrassing, in that regard. Awkward camera angles, bad sets and awkward transitions up the whazoo for all their reality TV. It drives me crazy*.

*I frown slightly.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Holy shit. Justin Bieber pre-sales tomorrow!! Touring in april and may.
"If you're a huge fan of R&B, It's time to rejoice! The prince of pop himself, justin bieber will be hitting our shores on his first ever australian tour in april and may next year"

The prince of pop? Are you fucking serious. Kill me now.

rass

Omi said:
Apart from the withdrawal symptoms, did you enjoy? :p
not really.
I had like 1:25 ratio of good times to wanting to shoot myself.

I would enjoy a trip there under different circumstances though, some of the roads were nice and the scenery is gorgeous. A 2.5 day fly in fly out wedding for people I don't really know isn't my idea of a good time or a weekend well spent.

Tassie Devil Conservation park was pretty good though, so there was that.

Shaneus

That 50% EA Store dealie isn't applying when I'm checking out... and I really want Crysis and Warhead :( Anyone else having any luck?

Only thing in the top 100 I watched was the Melbourne Cup, because I was at work that day and it was a good excuse to bludge.

It's also terribly sad that there's so much reality crap on there.

evlcookie said:
What i watched that wasn't on that list on local tv:
Sherlock.
Hell yes. I thought I really wanted it set in Victorian England. Then I watched it and didn't give a shit about that.

giri said:
Master Chef Ausrtalia is a pale pale horrible red-headed step child of a show, compared to Master Chef UK.
Oddly enough, it seems like it's about the food. Strange for a cooking show. The Australian one is basically It's A Knockout or something. I watched a couple of minutes of it (the Australian one) and it was so over-dramatic I switched off straight away.

But then, my Brit father has actually started to try cooking real food since watching Masterchef -- not just boiled vegetables and stuff. I know this is not an isolated incident. So as much as I hate the show, I do like what it's done for people in this country's opinion of food. I hope it lasts.

Choc

Banned
I've started to cook better food because of MC

as well as this the UK version is soooooooooooooo much better.

Once BBC Iplayer becomes available in Australia next year chan 10 might be screwed once people see the real thing

Choc said:
I've started to cook better food because of MC

as well as this the UK version is soooooooooooooo much better.

Once BBC Iplayer becomes available in Australia next year chan 10 might be screwed once people see the real thing

I don't mind MC, but the Judges were annoying as shit in the few episodes I watched, so over the top it was really unnecessary and really put me off.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
God damn coughing stage of a cold. At least i know the cold is coming to an end :lol

Although the train and work are air-conditioned so i could be up shit creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom