• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Oh he definitely is a control freak, and has huge anger issues.

My sister worked at the UN for a while and met heaps of ministers and aids. One of the her co-workers told her that Rudd shouted at her one morning when he wanted coffee and some documents and was literally throwing umbrellas and stuff at her.

Agyar

legend166 said:
I guess those wikileaks about Rudd just confirms what everyone suspected.

Control freak attention whore.

What Rudd did behind closed doors is nothing in comparison to the disgusting stance Julia Gillard and her government are taking regarding Julian Assange and WikiLeaks. It is abhorrent that the Prime Minster would stand by her claim that Assange, an Australian citizen, has committed a crime without any legal evidence to support it. Merely claiming that "common sense" must be used when applying the law is a perversion of justice and makes her no better than the American politicians who are calling for him and his family to be tortured and killed.

I have never been more ashamed of our Government than I am right now.

legend166

Agyar said:
What Rudd did behind closed doors is nothing in comparison to the disgusting stance Julia Gillard and her government are taking regarding Julian Assange and WikiLeaks. It is abhorrent that the Prime Minster would stand by her claim that Assange, an Australian citizen, has committed a crime without any legal evidence to support it. Merely claiming that "common sense" must be used when applying the law is a perversion of justice and makes her no better than the American politicians who are calling for him and his family to be tortured and killed.

Woah, who's calling for his family to be tortured and killed? I know Palin, the idiot she is, said he should be charged with treason (which doesn't even make sense), but who's saying that about his family?

That's some dark ages style justice.

Agyar

legend166 said:
Woah, who's calling for his family to be tortured and killed? I know Palin, the idiot she is, said he should be charged with treason (which doesn't even make sense), but who's saying that about his family?

That's some dark ages style justice.

My mistake, I believe it was actually a blog that was calling for his family to be harmed but there have been numerous politicians and media figures calling for Assange to be captured and served the death penalty or killed outright.

giri

HolyCheck said:
my high school fellow student! I must defend him!

ferguson hwaiting!
Oh god, i hate you for posting that.

I hate my self more for knowing what it means.

legend166 said:
I don't understand this.

Clarke has been our best batsman for the last four years. The only one who gets close is Katich. He was down on form, yes, but judging from yesterdays innings everything is good again.

Because clarke scores at an extremely slow rate most of the time when he scores big. s/r of under 50 is great for your average, but horrible in respect to putting a team in a position to win a test. Which is the ultimate goal of the side. North also bats really slowly iirc.

Fredescu said:
The whole "You don't need to practice with a particular team to be able to slot in well if the skill is there" is in response to the former. Cricket as a team sport does not rely as heavily on team understanding and communication as other team sports like AFL, so "blooding" in a particular team isn't as important. I don't really see how that can be up for debate. Yes they also need to not act like a petulant teenager and try to fit in to the team culture, but other sports need another level of team understanding on top of that.

sounds like Woman's Day rumours level stuff, but if true I agree, Clarke should go. Hell if North wasn't the obvious next choice for the axe, Clarke would be next in line for it just based on form alone.

2 things, you dn't need to practice with a team to get better at cricket. But you do need exposure to Test Match Pressure. It's a huge upgrade from Australia A tours. You need introduction to test match bowlers/batsmen, a huge upgrade over AustraliaA tours (which are mostly facing other young prospects).

Its also not as much about just slotting in from a skill point, the current team lacks from the experience of the locker room of that great side. With ponting the only real continuation, they didn't get the oportunity to learn the right team culture.

On the clarke thing, it may sound like rumours, but they've been backed up numerous times. The guy treats it as a jojb, wants to get in, and get out, after getting his. Not as a true passion, that whole Clarke/Kattich spat was because Clarke wanted to f' off after extremely hard fought win, 30 minutes after the win. Katich accused him of being a shit team mate and having a horrible attitude for a VC, and things escalated from there.

giri

Agyar said:

Its so true. And frankly, Assange couldn't have done anything else, when presenting this stuff. He told the American government he had them, and was going to leak it, 6 months ago. Plenty of time for damage control. He also sifted through and made sure none were about current military operations (the ones he's leaking, some he has, are).

For a nation (the americans) that rally around free speach, their reaction is terrible. For us to get caught up in the Americans sabre rattling is retarded. It's politicians worried about their true nature being exposed, isntead of the carefully crafted public persona's displayed to us.

Gillard is going to go down as a horrible PM.

teekun

My favorite is the American pundits calling for him to be tried for treason, despite not being a US citizen or resident. :lol

The guy is a journalist and Wikileaks is an online newspaper. They haven't done anything that any other media outlet wouldn't have done if they'd been handed this same material. In fact, by re-publishing the same information originally released by Wikileaks, they've committed the exact same "crimes" and aren't being lambasted for it.

legend166

giri said:
Oh god, i hate you for posting that.

I hate my self more for knowing what it means.

Because clarke scores at an extremely slow rate most of the time when he scores big. s/r of under 50 is great for your average, but horrible in respect to putting a team in a position to win a test. Which is the ultimate goal of the side. North also bats really slowly iirc.

2 things, you dn't need to practice with a team to get better at cricket. But you do need exposure to Test Match Pressure. It's a huge upgrade from Australia A tours. You need introduction to test match bowlers/batsmen, a huge upgrade over AustraliaA tours (which are mostly facing other young prospects).

Its also not as much about just slotting in from a skill point, the current team lacks from the experience of the locker room of that great side. With ponting the only real continuation, they didn't get the oportunity to learn the right team culture.

On the clarke thing, it may sound like rumours, but they've been backed up numerous times. The guy treats it as a jojb, wants to get in, and get out, after getting his. Not as a true passion, that whole Clarke/Kattich spat was because Clarke wanted to f' off after extremely hard fought win, 30 minutes after the win. Katich accused him of being a shit team mate and having a horrible attitude for a VC, and things escalated from there.

His career strike rate is 53. His scoring rate has never been a problem in Test matches, and you're the first person I've ever seen bring it up. T20s/ODIs, yeah it's a problem at times (much more so in T20s, I think for the role he plays in ODIs it's fine).

As a comparison, Sachin Tendulkar's career strike rate is 54.

jambo

I'm pretty sure all of the pundits were calling for the military guy who leaked it in the first place to be tried for treason.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I forgot my lunch so i think i need to buy maccas. If only it wasn't raining i would try the thai deli further up the road. But i think it's a bit too far to walk in this weather.

Fuucccckkk.

rass

I didn't bring lunch and wore a vaguely racist tshirt (a gift) to work today, I think I'd rather go hungry than look like an asshole at the local subway.

Choc

Banned
as wiki leaks did not steal the cables and were sent them they are not breaking any laws.

They are protected under freedom if press in those countries that are trying to prosecute including the US

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Well i do need to eat jambo.

But i went to the thai deli instead, was only another 2 minute walk up the road. Thought it was further. Yay.

teekun

jambo said:
I'm pretty sure all of the pundits were calling for the military guy who leaked it in the first place to be tried for treason.

http://twitter.com/#!/SarahPalinUSA/status/9251635779866625

Maybe she doesn't name Assange, but I'm gonna guess that's because she can't spell it.

Agyar

Choc said:
as wiki leaks did not steal the cables and were sent them they are not breaking any laws.

They are protected under freedom if press in those countries that are trying to prosecute including the US

Not that that means anything to the US government:

US lawmakers on other Sunday talk shows continued to go after WikiLeaks head Julian Assange, who top Senate Republican Mitch McConnell called a "high-tech terrorist."

"He has done enormous damage to our country. And I think he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. And if that becomes a problem, we need to change the law," McConnell told Meet the Press.

markot

Banned
And Lieberman saying the New York Times may have broken the law 'or at least is guilty of bad citizenship' >.>...

Whole thing is stupid. Its funny that the actual leak is bigger news, that Assange is bigger news, than the actual stuff being leaked...

teekun

markot said:
And Lieberman saying the New York Times may have broken the law 'or at least is guilty of bad citizenship' >.>...

Whole thing is stupid. Its funny that the actual leak is bigger news, that Assange is bigger news, than the actual stuff being leaked...

Joe Lieberman is a complete fuckwit so take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
From TOX at ocau
For those wanting to know about NDA on HD 6900

Time has been locked in.

As I said; 15th December is the date.

Time is 4:00pm (Sydney) / 1:00pm (Perth)

Sweet. I'm still not sold on sandy bridge though so maybe my upgrade will wait another 6 months. I may never upgrade the way i'm going :lol

Hopefully x3n can get some info on the 6990 he seems to be dying for. Poor X3n ;D

jambo

580 is a tarted up 480. Waste of money. Plus good luck finding 580s on shelves.

AMD are going to murder NVIDIA next year.

Fredescu

It's a faster version of the fastest single GPU card with less power draw, noise, and heat? Yes, yes it is. The power was the only reason people thought the 480 was bad, and the 580 fixes that anyway. I will wait and see what the 6970 brings, but I've always* alternated between ATI and Nvidia so unless the 69xx series kills in for price/performance I think I'll end up green for the next little while.

Kritz

Banned
ohmygod I just moved this school's office to a new room. Before I moved it, there was a power board piggybacking off a power board piggybacking off a powerboard piggybacking off a powerboard piggybacking off a powerboard piggybacking off a power extension cable. The two VIOP phones take FOUR (total of eight) power cables to operate, each of them those stupid massive cube things that can't be seated next to eachother, the monitors (total of four) use one cable each, plus the computer, plus the eftpos machine, plus two large laserjets, plus a reciept printer, plus a switch to network everything together. Plus a fishtank which was already in the room, and a lamp.

On the upside, I now have an entire office to myself, with air conditioning! :D

legend166

Kritz said:
ohmygod I just moved this school's office to a new room. Before I moved it, there was a power board piggybacking off a power board piggybacking off a powerboard piggybacking off a powerboard piggybacking off a powerboard piggybacking off a power extension cable. The two VIOP phones take FOUR (total of eight) power cables to operate, each of them those stupid massive cube things that can't be seated next to eachother, the monitors (total of four) use one cable each, plus the computer, plus the eftpos machine, plus two large laserjets, plus a reciept printer, plus a switch to network everything together. Plus a fishtank which was already in the room, and a lamp.

On the upside, I now have an entire office to myself, with air conditioning! :D

Good to hear electricity has finally reached Tasmania. You're in for a treat!

rass

can one of you clever english types explain to me why people type (sic) in articles? I tend to notice it in quotes from other people etc, been bugging me for a while.

teekun

It's basically used next to mis-spelled words in quotes so the publication can indicate that they aren't the idiots who spelled it wrong, it was that way in the quoted material.

Kritz

Banned
rass said:
can one of you clever english types explain to me why people type (sic) in articles? I tend to notice it in quotes from other people etc, been bugging me for a while.

It notates that something is spelled wrong in a quotation, and is usually used by pretentious journalists to let everyone else know they're the kings of language.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
rass said:
cheers everyone, I feel like I should have paid attention in english classes

Same. I was too busy hitting on my then girlfriend. My english is so bad.

Good chance i will forget what (sic) means after reading it here within the next 30 minutes. I seriously wish i could retain useful information.

I'm such a spelling and grammar snob. My other half gets nervous when writing the shopping list as she knows I will go through with a pen and correct any errors she makes.

Also, I believe people who confuse "lose" and "loose" deserve a slow and painful death.

legend166

evlcookie said:
Same. I was too busy hitting on my then girlfriend. My english is so bad.

Good chance i will forget what (sic) means after reading it here within the next 30 minutes. I seriously wish i could retain useful information.

Let me use it in a sentence so you don't forget!

I was reading a post cookie made, and he said this, "Good chance i (sic) will forget...."

bam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom