• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

Rez said:
OOTG is Shawn Elliott, Jeff Green, N'gai Croal, Robert Ashley and (very rarely) Luke Smith talking about gaming, movies, music and other random things like how frustrating the new Skype is.
I know all those people! How did I miss this?!?

Oh man, a quick look at the iTunes synopsis and I think I've filled my podcast hole!

Deeku

Bernbaum said:
I know all those people! How did I miss this?!?

Oh man, a quick look at the iTunes synopsis and I think I've filled my podcast hole!
You should work your way backwards through them. The recent couple of episodes have been great.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Kinda pissed i picked up the oddbox now on steam. Talk about a half assed attempt at creating a port / game for the system.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fredescu said:
They've confirmed they're bringing the HD assets to the PC version. They just have to fix the performance issues first.

They have confirmed the HD assets but who knows if we will actually get them after this clusterfuck.

I guess in a way it was a steam purchase and by the time i actually get around to playing it, They should have fixed the issues, released the HD assets and put out a sequel.

Dead Man

Don't know if it will mean much, but the Federal Government orders review of classification system amid R18+ video game debate

THE Federal Government has ordered a wide-ranging review of media classifications as a row over access to adult video games continues.

Attorney-General Robert McClelland, announcing the review today, said advances in technology meant the whole system of classification needed to be considered.

The draft terms of reference for the year-long Australian Law Reform Commission review suggest the classification categories themselves may be changed.

The review is set to look at a host of issues including the impact of classifications on the community and the Government's desire for a strong content and distribution industry.

Home Affairs Minister Brendan O'Connor said when the classification scheme began, content and the way it was delivered to consumers was relatively static.

"Today, films can be watched in a cinema, on DVD, on TV or downloaded," he said.

"Many video games include significant film segments to tell stories, and some films have interactive content."

Comments on the terms of reference will be taken until January 28, 2011 with a full report from the commission due on December 9.

The review has been announced in the midst of a continuing debate about legalising the sale of violent video games previously unavailable in retail outlets.

A meeting of the country's attorneys-general in Canberra earlier this month failed to endorse an R18+ classification for games.

Mr O'Connor also today announced a shake-up of the Classification Board, with the introduction of a new deputy director, senior classifier and five new members.

"From early next year, the Classification Board will undergo a period of renewal," Mr O'Connor said.

"Refreshing the board is a healthy thing for classification decision-making in this country.

"The board now has an age range from 25 to 72, a variety of personal and professional backgrounds and representation from every state."

Kritz said:
Note that while I have fixed the E, that I am still MAYBE going to do more with the .GIF.

I think it'd be cool if he starts throwing money at the computer, with his expression slowly changing from :D to breaking down into tears as he throws more and more money at steam, finishing off with him just lying on the floor crying.

But whatever!

steam_animation.gif
That's awesome. I like your idea for the ending.

Bit late but, Kritz I love that gif :lol

This is my first Steam xmas sale so it's all new and exciting :D

And a great chance to expand my steam library and triple my back log.

rass

DualShadow said:
Bit late but, Kritz I love that gif :lol

This is my first Steam xmas sale so it's all new and exciting :D

And a great chance to expand my steam library and triple my back log.
and halve your wallet

Bernbaum said:
Really tempted to get an iPad for the holidays, but I'm still concerned a new one might drop in the next 6 months.

I just came home from work half an hour ago to find an iPad sitting on my desk. Go parents. :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What the hell. I'm getting told my net is down at home and has been for hours. My modem supports adsl2 so i should be fine with a basic adsl1 speed increase / line upgrade.

Now i wanna go home and diagnose the issue. Boo work

Nice gif, Kritz! Of course, I'm avoiding the Steam (and all other) sales right now because I need to save money.
It sucks so much ;_;

Also, work is so boring when you're just waiting for the clock to run down.

jambo said:
Haha, you will fail DualShadow, no one can resist Steam sales.

Well I did say "trying" :lol

I already bought Super Meat Boy, Dues Ex and titan quest.

And I haven't even looked at todays yet.......

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Also, work is so boring when you're just waiting for the clock to run down.
Tell me about it.

No-one here is doing anything. This has been a long week of pub lunches, binging on christmas lollies and games of pool. I left my PSP in my other bag, and have nothing to do.

rass

Bernbaum said:
Tell me about it.

No-one here is doing anything. This has been a long week of pub lunches, binging on christmas lollies and games of pool. I left my PSP in my other bag, and have nothing to do.
I'm watching tutorials on youtube with the volume off trying to guess what they are telling you to do

jambo

I sat in reception screwing around with Word formatting trying to get a document right. God damn Word sucks when it comes to tables!

Kritz

Banned
steam_animation_final.gif

Bam, there it is.

Dunno how I feel about the second part, to be honest. It's alright, but I don't think it expresses the guy as well as I wanted it to.

jambo

I think he should get his wallet out, have it zoom in showing notes and what not, then it all flys out on the floor then gets sucked up

Dead Man

Kritz said:

Bam, there it is.

Dunno how I feel about the second part, to be honest. It's alright, but I don't think it expresses the guy as well as I wanted it to.
That's gold. I like the desperate grasp for the last cash.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
if anything, maybe the hand should shake above the last bit of money before he totally collapses

Shaneus

Kritz said:

Bam, there it is.

I'm pretty fucking impressed with that! Nice one.

PS. I didn't realise that the guy who did the animations in AusGAF was the same guy who had the Minecraft avatar. Stop changing around, damnit! :lol

remz

Kritz said:

Bam, there it is.

Bravo dude, Bravo.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Nothing again on steam today. I really want to see darksiders for under $10. If need for speed gets a sweet price drop I will bite but I can't see that happening.

So far $16 spent. If I had known about the oddbox issues then it would have only been $4 for super meat boy.

Kritz

Banned
I was going to buy AC2, until I remembered I'm already halfway through on the 360. >_<

Trails looks OK, but won't bother with it. Everything else I already own, or is a bad game. Or in the case of Spore, both!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AC2 is really tempting, but I think I'll wait until I can get it for sub-$10.

Plus, I've played that and i haven't touched Brotherhood yet.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I can't support the AC2 DRM bullshit. I would buy it in a snap if it didn't have DRM for $15. Having said that though, there's always a chance that brotherhood might end up on the PC so it might be worth waiting a little bit longer. Maybe it will be $5 next steam xmas sale :lol

Choc

Banned
good luck Cod if you are on a QANTAS A380
:) nah im sure it will be fine :D

also

am at work, bored shitless. :|

Units are updating so cant play games, really should have stayed home.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DRMs usually don't bother me. Including the online only one. *shrug*

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fredescu said:
Railworks and AC2 for me. I've caught the Minecraft bug though so I probably won't play them for a while.

I am tempted by railworks just to have a laugh. But shame on you for AC2 fred!! Well not really :D

Good chance the minecraft bug will go after a few days. That's what happened to me anyway. Maybe playing on kritz's server is more enjoyable which i haven't done yet.

Railworks needs MP. Would be an awesome ausgaf night.

Fredescu

It's not even my first Ubi DRM game! I got Settlers 7 a while back. Cool game by the way.

Yeah I'm not sure how long the Minecraft bug will last, but I was having fun working on Syths shaft last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom