• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

On the cusp of finishing Halo Reach and all I can think about is playing it again.

I think the only games I missed this year that I wanted to play were DKCR and Professr Layton 3. Not too bad considering I cleared a chunk of stuff off the ol' backlog. I had the time to play CoD:BO, but certainly wasn't in the mood.

There's less stuff on the horizon for 2011 than what there was for me this time last year, so I might even clear a few of the PS2 Final Fantasy's off my list.

rass

Saw Megamind (in 3d) last night - I liked it. I got put off Dreamworks movies after Shrek 2 and didn't see another until Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, now I'm on a kick haha. There was a trailer for Yogi Bear though, OH EM GEE. Every 3d cliche there is (everything imaginable flying out of the screen) 3d gimmicks are not a replacement for actual film making.

Also, Forest Hill Chase - if any of you live near it and want to do some leisurely Christmas shopping, there's a JB and an EB and the place is dead, The section with JB only opened a week or 2 ago. NO QUEUES at 9pm last night.

Super Meat Boy is fucking awesome by the way, so good. Although I feel like I should be playing it with a controller. It reminds me of N+. Nothing in the steam sale again for me today.

Kritz - Trials 2 is worth the money man, such a frustrating yet rewarding experience haha. Unless you've played Trials HD on 360, then the physics will feel all fucked up. Sweet comic man, it's what I felt like last year haha.

legend166

rass said:
Saw Megamind (in 3d) last night - I liked it. I got put off Dreamworks movies after Shrek 2 and didn't see another until Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, now I'm on a kick haha. There was a trailer for Yogi Bear though, OH EM GEE. Every 3d cliche there is (everything imaginable flying out of the screen) 3d gimmicks are not a replacement for actual film making.

Also, Forest Hill Chase - if any of you live near it and want to do some leisurely Christmas shopping, there's a JB and an EB and the place is dead, The section with JB only opened a week or 2 ago. NO QUEUES at 9pm last night.

Super Meat Boy is fucking awesome by the way, so good. Although I feel like I should be playing it with a controller. It reminds me of N+. Nothing in the steam sale again for me today.

Kritz - Trials 2 is worth the money man, such a frustrating yet rewarding experience haha. Unless you've played Trials HD on 360, then the physics will feel all fucked up. Sweet comic man, it's what I felt like last year haha.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is Sony Pictures Animation, not Dreamworks.

rass

legend166 said:
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is Sony Pictures Animation, not Dreamworks.
Well there you go.
thanks for clarifying, I probably never would have found out otherwise
:lol

jambo

evlcookie said:
I can't support the AC2 DRM bullshit. I would buy it in a snap if it didn't have DRM for $15. Having said that though, there's always a chance that brotherhood might end up on the PC so it might be worth waiting a little bit longer. Maybe it will be $5 next steam xmas sale :lol
Brotherhood is coming to PC, but it'll use the same DRM so why would you buy it?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
jambo said:
Brotherhood is coming to PC, but it'll use the same DRM so why would you buy it?

I personally wouldn't. But if people are comfy about buying AC2 then it might be best to hold off until brotherhood.

Frawdder

Probably pick up AC2 today, I really don't care about the DRM any more, I just want to play it. Would've gotten Bully but not available in our region and I don't have paypal. Doubt I would get around to playing it anyway.

So far the sale has been kind to me. Super Meat Boy on Day 1 and Puzzle Quest on Day 2.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Cohsae said:
Hottest 100 voting is hard.
So much awesome music this year.

Really? I skimmed through the list and noticed 2 dillinger escape plan songs, woo. That's about all i like and knew.

Silverchair did a yellow submarine cover? The fuck ?

Bernbaum

Thanks to the internet, I have absolutely no fucking idea what kind of music our national 'yoof braodcaster' plays and what's popular with the kiddies. I may as well live in my own musical vacuum.

evlcookie - get onto iTunes if you have it and give Brisbane metal band 'The Quickening' a listen. The album you're looking for is 'White Blossoms'.

Cohsae

Well yes I'm now looking through the list on triple J and it's rather different to the list I came up with after going through my library in media player.
I need to just give up on the Hottest 100, it always ends in disappointment.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Why is work having a BBQ today. We are expecting a largish sized apple delivery. Boo these people. I figured tomorrow would have been the day for a bbq and booze.

Will check them out after work bern. The name sounds familiar but i could be getting confused with someone else of course.

rass

today is my last day for the year, fuck yeah.
Motivation is at an all time low, however, and I have things to get done before I can leave :/

jambo

rass said:
Motivation is at an all time low, however, and I have things to get done before I can leave :/
Same haha, although I've actually got some Word shit to do.

God damn Word fields and tables shit me off.

rass said:

Same here, just waiting for 4:30......It seems so far away.

Bernbaum

Hey there's a Gin Club song in the Hottest 100 list of Nominees. Ben Salter's other (superior) band the Giants of Science should have reached a lot more national exposure than what they did in their heyday, but at least the Gin Club are enjoying some modest success.

Four Joanna Newsom songs there too - can't be a bad thing.

There is an unnervingly high level of average suggestions in the Podcast of the year thread.
Wizard 4EVA.

rass

jambo said:
Same haha, although I've actually got some Word shit to do.

God damn Word fields and tables shit me off.
haha I'm doing tables in Joomla, fuck doing tables in Joomla.

Also, I'm making the most godawful abortion of a logo I have ever made, my boss just had to intervene and make me detach from it. it's hideous. But it's exactly what the client wants. The client being a company with the number 2 instead of the word "to" in their name. and gradients galore. And a Southern Cross. and a border. My poor integrity.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So upon further inspection, adsl2exchanges suggests i'm 2.5kms from the exchange so i should be able to get 8Mbps. Guess i need to punch the belkin modem or try tweak it. Guess that's the plan for the 4 day weekend :lol

jambo

zgeug.jpg

Aliens vs. Predator: $10.00 / 75% off
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale: $6.80 / 66% off
Zuma's Revenge!: $8.00 / 60% off
Trials 2: Second Edition: $2.50 / 75% off
SPORE: $10.00/ 75% off
Railworks 2: $6.00 / 85% off
Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack: $17.49 / 50% off
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: $14.99 / 50% off
Assassin's Creed 2: $14.99 / 50% off
Just Cause 2: $7.50 / 75% off
Day of Defeat: Source: $2.50 / 75% off
Bully: Scholarship Edition: Not available in your region

just FYI

Bernbaum

rass said:
Also, I'm making the most godawful abortion of a logo I have ever made, my boss just had to intervene and make me detach from it. it's hideous. But it's exactly what the client wants. The client being a company with the number 2 instead of the word "to" in their name. and gradients galore. And a Southern Cross. and a border. My poor integrity.

That sounds horrifying! May as well make it in Sparklee.

rass

Bernbaum said:
That sounds horrifying! May as well make it in Sparklee.
It's worse than horrifying, and sparklee could make it better haha
there's also a globe (earth) in there. It isn't going to reproduce under business card size AAARRRGHH.
They designed it themselves in POWERPOINT. How do you even design a logo in powerpoint?

I redesigned it for them in my own time, that's how bad I feel about it, even made their 5 million elements fit nicely but they want to use the dead-on recreation.

I am upset that this is the last job I will finish before Christmas.

/rant. :breathe:

sooo, video games!
I changed prefs to a double degree(multimedia/comp sci) at Swinburne and Comp Science at RMIT, if I get neither (likely) I'm gonna apply direct at midyear intake. I'm going to build a program that analyses people's shitty logos and tells them to fuck off.

Choc

Banned
oh heathrow.......:lol

heathrow_1214119a.jpg

feel sorry for those stuck in heathrow, having been there i can imagine its absolute chaos (it is when everything is running properly let alone stuffed!

Stackboy

My hottest 100 votes.

Broken Bells - The High Road
Cee Lo Green - Fuck You!
Chiddy Bang - Opposite Of Adults
Children Collide - Jellylegs
Dead Weather, The - Die By The Drop
Janelle Monae - Tightrope {Ft. Big Boi}
Jim Jones Revue, The - High Horse
Jim Jones Revue, The - Premeditated
Mark Ronson and The Business Intl - Bang Bang Bang {Ft. Q-Tip and MNDR}
Mark Ronson and The Business Intl - Somebody To Love Me {Ft. Boy George and Andrew Wyatt}

Rezbit said:
So with Steam, what payment methods are there, and are those US prices? Do they just do a straight conversion into AU?

Any price you see via the website is US dollars, they don't convert it. Most games on Steam cost us the same as the US, and other games are set at regional prices by publishers in which we pay nearly double the US price. You can pay with Credit Card, Paypal and a few other methods.

jambo

That pic is the Australian prices, but in USD. The dollar is so good at the moment that you can pretty much take it as AUD.

The only changes are Bully is not for sale and AvP is $10 instead of $5.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Stackboy said:
My hottest 100 votes.

Broken Bells - The High Road
Cee Lo Green - Fuck You!
Chiddy Bang - Opposite Of Adults
Children Collide - Jellylegs
Dead Weather, The - Die By The Drop
Janelle Monae - Tightrope {Ft. Big Boi}
Jim Jones Revue, The - High Horse
Jim Jones Revue, The - Premeditated
Mark Ronson and The Business Intl - Bang Bang Bang {Ft. Q-Tip and MNDR}
Mark Ronson and The Business Intl - Somebody To Love Me {Ft. Boy George and Andrew Wyatt}

I need to get on mine, it sometimes takes me weeks, sometimes 10 minutes ;_; it's a job

rass

fuck yeah christmas bonus.

Nandos meal was a bad choice, I am so damn full. I could go home whenever I want from now but I feel bad so I'm staying until everything I've started is finished.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Come on Jambo. We were all up at 6am, we know what's on the steam sale :D

Why are you having Nandos, aren't you a vegie? I guess they have some sort of vegie range?

Also, yesterday felt like it was friday and today as well. Why the hell isn't it friday :(

rass

evlcookie said:
Come on Jambo. We were all up at 6am, we know what's on the steam sale :D

Why are you having Nandos, aren't you a vegie? I guess they have some sort of vegie range?

Also, yesterday felt like it was friday and today as well. Why the hell isn't it friday :(
vege pita ftw mang

Bernbaum

Nandos is one of the few fast foods I don't feel guilty about after indulging, but I prefer Oporto for spicy chicken burger goodness.

KFC is pure diarrhea - even as a kid I would convince myself it would be okay, purchase and consume some, and then immediately regret. Vile.

Bernbaum

Hot damn Kristina Kineally would have been a goer back in the day.

Our Anna Bligh looks like she was born with the looks of an aborted Bulldog fetus, and then it all went downhill.

markot

Banned
I like KFC, their coleslaw is awesome >_<! Their mash and gravy is disgusting, its ok for dipping in chicken into but thats about it....

I actually like chicken burgers with 'rubbish' chicken meat in it, the rubbery type you used to get in chicken nuggets before they went all 'classy'.

Cohsae

Cee Lo Green - Fuck You!
Toro Y Moi - Blessa
Twin Shadow - Castles In The Snow
Kanye West - Lost In The World {Ft. Bon Iver}
Yeasayer - O.N.E
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Round And Round
Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
Broken Social Scene - Meet Me In The Basement
Miike Snow - Billie Holiday
Tallest Man On Earth, The - King Of Spain

It is done. Technically not my top 10 because there were several songs that jjj didn't list that I knew were throwaway votes. Sure as hell wasn't easy cutting it down to 10 though.

Bernbaum

Arcade Fire's The Suburbs may as well be the soundtrack of 2010 for me. I didn't pick up a lot of recent music, but that one album captured the feeling of the year - highs lows and inbetweens - pretty damn well.

Edit: Namco Sounds' soundtrack for Pac-man Championship Edition DX was pretty fucking shit hot too.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
fappenmeister said:
No son this is premeditated. Kritz has the misfortune of being gifted Bad Rats. :lol

So you already know who you are gifting stuff to? That makes it less fun, Get drunk and then do it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom