• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

I've got buckets of data quota left on my iPhone so I went to download today's Bombcast over 3G but my phone says it won't let me because it's over 20 mb. I took a three hour lunch break and still this has been the longest day ever.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
I've got buckets of data quota left on my iPhone so I went to download today's Bombcast over 3G but my phone says it won't let me because it's over 20 mb. I took a three hour lunch break and still this has been the longest day ever.

You can stream podcasts via iTunes, which is one way of working around that restriction.

Agyar

Giant Bomb has opened up their 'Best of 2010' lists for completion and voting, so I have finalised my GOTY list.

I will probably go through and add some commentary for each game on the GB list but the TL;DR version is below. This will be the same list I submit to the GAF GOTY voting.

1. Bayonetta
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. Mass Effect 2
  4. Super Street Fighter 4
  5. Sid Meier's Civilization 5
  6. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  7. Vanquish
  8. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  9. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  10. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

Bernbaum

Hey you rated Enslaved, nice one.

It's a great game. The limits of its gameplay are apparent within the first few levels but it's one of the best-paced action adventure games of the year. you managed to sneak Vanquish in as well - did you put much time into it beyond a single playthrough?

Not sure if I'm gonna do a discretely ordered GotY list - I posted a lookback of my 2010 in gaming about 10 pages back. Only thing that might have changed is that I am now a Halo: Reach convert.

rass

CryptiK said:
Girlfriend bought me a 250GB Xbox Kinect Bundle for Christmas wooo :D
Mine got me a wii! woo!
girlfriends are awesome.

I just bought the single most expensive piece of software I've ever bought - zbrush 4. Downloading now, pretty pumped. Also, have mild shakes from spending so much on software that I won't make money from :/

Kritz

Banned
artlol.png

I wish I was able to ever draw for long enough to do something. I've recently been thinking about attempting to draw a short comic (like 5-10 pages), but my writing ability's really shocking when it comes to stories... and dialogue.

Maybe my next few months not doing anything will create some kind of spur. I kinda already miss work. Not the actual working part of it, but y'know, waking up in the morning and knowing you have a thing to do.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Kritz. Draw the 5 - 10 panels of a comic with no text. Let us randomly fill it in and see who comes up with the best and most stupid story possible.

Kritz

Banned
Rez said:
what are you planning on doing next year Kritz?

Bachelor in Computing. Not original, but whatever.

Also I might try and draw some kind of stupid thing and see if anyone can write into it. Probably not. It's tempting to live stream me drawing to a few people and have them colab with me while I'm making the comic.

Gazunta

Kritz said:
Bachelor in Computing. Not original, but whatever.

Also I might try and draw some kind of stupid thing and see if anyone can write into it. Probably not. It's tempting to live stream me drawing to a few people and have them colab with me while I'm making the comic.
I've done that a couple of times...fantastic motivator to get so,eyhing completed when you have an audience commenting on what you're doing.

Dead Man

evlcookie said:
Kritz. Draw the 5 - 10 panels of a comic with no text. Let us randomly fill it in and see who comes up with the best and most stupid story possible.
This is a great idea. Dooooo Eeeeeeet.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Darklord said:
What server can I select that'll get me over 300kb/s on steam? Seriously, this is painfully slow when downloading huge games.
Did you try the Ukraine ? :lol

Just keep trying random servers that exist in the middle of no where.

Darklord

Banned
evlcookie said:
Did you try the Ukraine ? :lol

Just keep trying random servers that exist in the middle of no where.

I did actually. No faster. :lol

I actually went back to Aus and it started speeding up. Not sure why it wasn't faster before.

Choc

Banned
to add a little spice to the kritz competition, copy of dead space 2 to the winner on your chosen platform of 360 or PS3

Stackboy

I picked up Blur for $15 before work this morning. It was one of the games on my list that I really wanted to pick up in the sale (along with dragon age) and I'm off for the next 3 days, pc-less. So this was good timing.

Have a great Xmas Ausgaf.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
legend166 said:
Should I get Alpha Protocol?

I'd get it gifted to save $5, so it would be $7.50.

I wouldn't mind getting it gifted as well. Might have to see if anyone on gaf can help out. Although people are talking about it being in violation with the ToS on reddit, First i've heard of it.

legend166

evlcookie said:
I wouldn't mind getting it gifted as well. Might have to see if anyone on gaf can help out. Although people are talking about it being in violation with the ToS on reddit, First i've heard of it.

We've been doing gifting across regions on GAF for as long as they've been doing regional pricing. If Valve were to stop it happening I'd stop buying games on Steam on principle.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
legend166 said:
We've been doing gifting across regions on GAF for as long as they've been doing regional pricing. If Valve were to stop it happening I'd stop buying games on Steam on principle.

Yea i know, Same here. Nail'd for $10 on amazon is tempting as well. Could be a bit of silly fun, maybe it will pop up on steam. Oh and mafia 2 for $12.50 on amazon as well and it's a steamworks game, Sold, I think.

Also - Sorry legend :D
Wallpaper_PCG_1024x768_1.jpg

Shaneus

Info on Amazon-based games... at least Mafia 2. Someone bought it for me to register through Steam but didn't go through due to a region mismatch. Logging in via a secure browsing app (I used GoTrusted which has a 1c... for authorisation) let me run Steam and register without a problem :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus said:
Info on Amazon-based games... at least Mafia 2. Someone bought it for me to register through Steam but didn't go through due to a region mismatch. Logging in via a secure browsing app (I used GoTrusted which has a 1c... for authorisation) let me run Steam and register without a problem :)

That's a fair risk. Glad you were able to pull it off. I might hold out though, Being a wimp and all.

Sounds like NFS is $20 on D2D with a coupon. I'm tempted by that price but maybe steam will have it as well, eh who knows. Anyone else looking to pick it up if it happens to be around the $20 mark?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
legend166 said:
how on Earth do you manage to keep track of all the things you arbitrarily conscientiously object to?! it must be draining.

Looks like my wallet is safe from Steam today.

Why is Risen not available now? I bought it previously on Steam when it was on sale.

Must be a different version or something.

Choc

Banned
DualShadow said:
Looks like my wallet is safe from Steam today.

Why is Risen not available now? I bought it previously on Steam when it was on sale.

Must be a different version or something.

Risen is banned in Australia

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
That's a fair risk. Glad you were able to pull it off. I might hold out though, Being a wimp and all.

Sounds like NFS is $20 on D2D with a coupon. I'm tempted by that price but maybe steam will have it as well, eh who knows. Anyone else looking to pick it up if it happens to be around the $20 mark?
I didn't even consider it to be a risk... figured that a CD key was a CD key. Well, if it hadn't worked out I would've just "sold" it to someone in the gifting thread who could. It was only $15 anyway ($12.50 plus thank-you tax) so it was worth it IMO.

Any idea if the NFS CD key works in Steam at all? If not, it might still be worth getting... I bought Dirt 2 on D2D and I don't even notice that it isn't a Steam game (when I only really play SP and if you add a non-Steam game to the client it puts all the extra shit on top anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom