• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's not a steamworks game so u can't add it. But I'm sure you can add it as an external app and play it from steam so u can use the overlay if needed. It uses ea's network and friends list crap for multiplayer. I think Fred posted a link in steam chat about it being just over $20 from thehut as well.

legend166

Rez said:
how on Earth do you manage to keep track of all the things you arbitrarily conscientiously object to?! it must be draining.

What else do I object to?

I think regional pricing for digital download content is probably the best example of consumer gouging that exists. If there was no way around it on Steam I'd just start buying my games from the UK and shipping them here.

evlcookie said:
I think you and pie are the only two ausgaffers who actually play that game, The rest of us quit and stuck to watching it be played by pros :lol

I still play. Not much 1v1 but i still play plenty of team games.

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
I think it's just the one on the front page from my understanding.
Region blocked :/

Not in a big hurry, was just going to grab while it was cheap. No doubt it'll be discounted just as much in the near future anyway.

Gazunta

Ricki Lee on Channel 9 carols whoo

475413-ricki-lee-coulter.jpg

remz

evlcookie said:
I think you and pie are the only two ausgaffers who actually play that game, The rest of us quit and stuck to watching it be played by pros :lol
yeah, I've noticed, my friends online is usually at zero these days :lol I seem to forever be playing the games the rest of ausgaf isn't :lol

i'm not exactly near pro level or anything but ladder games feed me enough wins to keep me playing.

me and a couple mates regularly play 3v3s too... which is fun regardless of win or lose IMO.

Clipper

Merry Christmas to everyone too!

My family is having a break from the mass gift-giving this year (as everyone already has most of the stuff they need and it just adds clutter), but we do a big gathering every year and that's always fun.

Ydahs

I don't really celebrate Christmas but I hope those who do have a great day! Neighbours enjoyed themselves, staying up until at least two in the morning...

Rahk

Ghost Recon pack is $10 on Steam, go go! Couple of us will be playing the original tonight, so get in.

I'll probably be home in a couple hours.

Shaneus

Kinect, finally! Not only do I get the pack-in game but I can also unwrap my present* from EB that arrived last week which I suspect is Dance Central and Kinect Sports.

*anticipatory Mad Monday sale item

jambo

My haul so far

Kinect
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
2011 work calendar
Stephen Fry: Moab is my Washpot
Fifty Cars that Changed the World
Excuses & Lies for All Occasions
Homemade shortbread
World Vision Smiles Card
Kinder Surprise
Work shirt
2x shorts
6x socks

legend166

My haul:

DKCR
Naked Gun Trilogy DVD
Shirt
Woolen jumper
Shorts
MTV Greatest 100 Pop Songs of all time piano sheet music book (arranged easily, I'm trying to learn)
Darrell Lea strawberry chocolates
$20

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
No gifts here, no celebrate Christmasee. It started as a slightly religious thing, but as my family are now all apathetic/agnostic/atheist, it's more of a "well, uh, you guys are maybe a bit too old for this now" thing.

legend166 said:
MTV Greatest 100 Pop Songs of all time piano sheet music book (arranged easily, I'm trying to learn)
good on you!

jambo said:
Stephen Fry: Moab is my Washpot
I've been looking out for this in random bookstores for a while, I never seem to be able to find it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
remz said:
yeah, I've noticed, my friends online is usually at zero these days :lol I seem to forever be playing the games the rest of ausgaf isn't :lol

i'm not exactly near pro level or anything but ladder games feed me enough wins to keep me playing.

me and a couple mates regularly play 3v3s too... which is fun regardless of win or lose IMO.

I still play every week :) GAF games on the NA server, join us some time, add MrMister, you'll see his deets in the sc2 thread, this weeks was pretty awesome fun (it gets streamed and commentated too :))

Shaneus

My haul was the Kinect and some other stuff. Not a big Christmas by any means, but even if I got shitloads of stuff, my list would consist of:

Kinect
some other shit

Sports is ridiculously good, Dance Central is ridiculously hard (or I'm ridiculously uncoordinated.. guessing the latter).

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
:lol a lot of ausgaffers got a kinect for christmas. Also cross-posted from the OT thread.

My haul

$100 for me and each of my siblings
Me and my family are getting some kinect games like dance central, kinect sports etc from my grandparents later on.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
A beatles shirt
VIP BDO ticket
$250
various socks and chocolates

Nothing fancy, but in our family the kids get lots of presents and the grown ups don't really share presents.

and this is the first year I've gotten not much :) so I think i'm accepted!

SumPog

Neo Member
Merry Christmas guys, first post here :)

I got a Core i7, Electric Drum Kit, 50 Bucks, a The Who t-shirt and many other things. Pretty swell.

HolyCheck said:
A beatles shirt

We were blasting We Can Work It Out on the way home, and Paperback Writer.

Bloody good day and although I received lots of grown up presents they're all cool and thoughtful.

Soon, Numen time.

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:
A beatles shirt
VIP BDO ticket
$250
various socks and chocolates

Nothing fancy, but in our family the kids get lots of presents and the grown ups don't really share presents.

and this is the first year I've gotten not much :) so I think i'm accepted!
Pretty much the same here. We almost have a tradition where we don't really get stuff that we don't want, so for everyone to kick in on a Kinect was pretty fucking awesome :)

PS. I have a copy of the Retro Gamer Volume 2 thingy... got one for Christmas as well as buying one yesterday because apparently they're rare :lol
If anyone wants, let me know. $19.95 plus postage (or can hand drop-off, depending on location)

Gazunta

I didn't receive any video games today, which actually was great because I've been getting a lot of them lately and my backlog is getting stupidly crazy - steam has taken it from "manageable" to "oh no what has God wrought upon me aaaagh" :)

All the Toy Stories, Inception and the Pixar short film collection were the highlights for me today. Lordy did I eat too much though.
But what else is new LOL
Oh got a new Viz book which I think I'll go read now! And a nerf gun with which to terrorize workmates in the new year. Bwahah

Who else is watching Anne of Green Gables

rass

Christmas is nearly done fuck yeah!

I also got those Ice Invaders! And I got a set for my birthday a while back so I have billions of them, they are an awesome idea but so hard to get the cubes out in one piece.

also:
Toy Story Trilogy Blu Rays
Inception on Blu Ray
tshirt that says 'graphic designers are full of shit'
my mum got my gf and I a kitchenaid food processor, it's fucking boss.
gf got me a wii a few weeks ago and gave me a pile of sketchbooks and some skin tone pencils today.
New motorbike gloves
and I bought myself ZBrush 4 with my xmas bonus, so I suppose that came from work haha.

I also got a talking Steve Irwin doll and a kilo of play dough. I am a gigantic 8 year old child :lol

merry GAFmas

Merry Christmas y'all

My haul:

Moneys
iTunes gift card
A Dr. Karl book
Some 1001 recordings you've got to hear before you die book
Myles Barlow S1
Lawrence Leung
Two Door Cinema Club's album
Chocolate

Bernbaum said:
Space Invaders ice cube tray:

]http://i53.tinypic.com/2njhnjb.jpg

everything else was pure boring.

Awesome. Where can I get myself these? Never seen them before.

edit: don't worry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom