• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrixx

Banned
Good morning AusGAF! I'm sitting here at Westfield Tuggerah unsure of what to buy. My parking spot is great, too bad there's nothing to get.

Might get PlayStation Move stuff.

Shaneus

elektrixx said:
Good morning AusGAF! I'm sitting here at Westfield Tuggerah unsure of what to buy. My parking spot is great, too bad there's nothing to get.

I'd ask if there was any good prices on Sports for Move but I'm having too much fun with Kinect Sports.

Might still get it, though (if I can find it on the cheap).

rass

fappenmeister said:
Die Hard Quadrilogy and Ultimate Bourne collection as a present to myself. A nice 20% off all cds, dvds and blurays at JB Hifi.
hell yeah, I got Avatar extended, Lost Boys and Escape from NY for $35 haha.
They were sold out of DKCR and I couldn't be bothered going to another store to deal with the chaos though. Going shopping tomorrow so hopefully will come across it.

markot

Banned
All out for 98, looooooooooooooooooooooool! Poor basterds at the MCG, paid to watch a good match of cricket, may as well have paid to see Zimbabwe play!

Choc

Banned
They are seeing a match market

just they are seeing one of the best English teams of all time versus one of the worst Australian line ups.

Shaneus

markot said:
All out for 98, looooooooooooooooooooooool! Poor basterds at the MCG, paid to watch a good match of cricket, may as well have paid to see Zimbabwe play!
What the fuck, are you serious?!? Wow. What a travesty.

Yagharek

Kritz said:
I get to drive up to Launceston today to spend 3 hours with family, and then drive back!

Oh boy!

It's not that bad. I used to do that drive or to burnie all the time. Now Im in perth (wa, not the real perth) and had to drive to port hedland earlier this year. THATS a fucked up drive.

seanoff

early NBN user speedtest results.

I WANT

pic.php

fuck it, img tag not working 4 me.

Salazar

Kritz said:
I get to drive up to Launceston today to spend 3 hours with family, and then drive back!

Oh boy!

I have one more day in Launceston. Fuck knows how I am going to spend it. I have breakfast planned, but the rest escapes me.

Ventron

seanoff said:
early NBN user speedtest results.

I WANT

pic.php

fuck it, img tag not working 4 me.

I'm guessing he's paying >$110/mo for the full 100Mbps. Conjob made a big fuss about the 100Mbps figure and yet they're still going to price-tier speeds.

markot

Banned
Canberra.

Outside the range of the ADSL here, so I have to rely on cable that the libs set up while in power here with a little local monopoly.

And the great liberal policies while in power of doing bugger all and setting a monopoly like telstra loose on the market have really worked well for most folk.

>_< Ill take a conjob any day of the week to the crap I have to deal with here, in the nations freaking capital, 15 minute drive from the city center.....

>.< dont get me started... and labour have been just as assy here too, continuing to give the local monopoly exclusive rights to new suburbs...

Essentially if I lived a few blocks in either direction I would be in decent range of 2 ADSL stations... but I am just on the freaking border between one and the other.... so this crappy cable is my only option if I want anything decent.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Markot, I don't think i've ever seen you not use >.< in a single post on gaf. The hell!

Since my folks now have a DSi XL, Is it region locked? And what sort of games should i be looking at if i wanted to get them a few. Word games, casual shit like that. It's mainly Mums machine so she wants all the word casual stuff and dad can keep failing at SMB.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
evlcookie said:
Markot, I don't think i've ever seen you not use >.< in a single post on gaf. The hell!

Since my folks now have a DSi XL, Is it region locked? And what sort of games should i be looking at if i wanted to get them a few. Word games, casual shit like that. It's mainly Mums machine so she wants all the word casual stuff and dad can keep failing at SMB.

Pretty much any normal DS game is region-free on her DSi XL. However, DSi enhanced or generally DSi titles are region-locked - examples of DSi titles are sonic collection, pokemon black and white etc. (can't think of any others atm).

Don't know about casual stuff, but professor layton might be a good choice if she likes puzzles!

Ventron

evlcookie said:

markot is Mrs Mac?

zmcun8.jpg

I don't think it's region locked.
Good non-shovelware casual titles, I'd recommend Rhythm Heaven or Professor Layton.

Shaneus

Ventron said:
I don't think it's region locked.
Good non-shovelware casual titles, I'd recommend Rhythm Heaven or Professor Layton.
I'm 99% sure it is. DS Lite could play imports, as far as I know, the DSi and derivatives couldn't.

seanoff

markot said:
I pay more then that for alot slower then that >.<

almost all of us pay for a lot slower than that and if we want that speed i think the last i got quoted was 10k/month

85Mb, i'd be extremely happy with that tbh. i don't mind them tiering the speeds if i can get a 100mb link.

Telstra business are currently quoting this

10Mb speed, unlimited data.

$7,931 / month + $1,100 setup for a 24 month contract.

so all complaining about the NBN pricing. STFU

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Shaneus said:
I'm 99% sure it is. DS Lite could play imports, as far as I know, the DSi and derivatives couldn't.
No you're wrong. DSi is region-locked but only for certain titles eg DSi enhanced titles, you can play imports as long as it's a regular DS game.

elektrixx said:

:eek:

Where do you live? haha

I'm from Wamberal.

Shaneus

Lafiel said:
No you're wrong. DSi is region-locked but only for certain titles eg DSi enhanced titles, you can play imports as long as it's a regular DS game.
That's what I meant. DSi cartridges are region locked, as are the handhelds you play them on. Regular DS games are fine because the cartridges (or the systems you could originally play them on) aren't.

So no, not wrong. If whoever asked imported a DSi/XL and bought a DSi game here (or vice versa) and tried to play it, they would've been pissed.

SumPog

Neo Member
I've been planning to sell my DSi, it's in very good condition because of the case I put on it from day 1, I could almost describe it new because of the absence of scratches and no wear on the buttons. . Everything in the box seems to be in great order as well.
Does anyone know how much i could get for it, if I sold it to GameTraders or Cash Converters? I know DSis sell for $150 new.

rass

Mako_Drug said:
Yep :)

Cool, thanks. Offer is there for the first person to respond if it takes Clipper a while. I'm hella impatient.
I'll help you out if Clipper doesn't get back to you before your patience runs thin - I think he's one away from getting every NES game though, I just want Excite Bike haha.

Gazunta

FUUUUUUUCK I'm bored. Set up the store to sell the new book last night. Put a new retro gaming site online an hour ago. Been playing NFS:HP on the iPad off and on during the day. CANT GET TO SLEEP

Waikis

Shaneus said:
That's what I meant. DSi cartridges are region locked, as are the handhelds you play them on. Regular DS games are fine because the cartridges (or the systems you could originally play them on) aren't.

So no, not wrong. If whoever asked imported a DSi/XL and bought a DSi game here (or vice versa) and tried to play it, they would've been pissed.

Nah, only DSi ENCHANCED titles are region locked. Normal DSi cartridges aren't locked.

Shaneus

Ah, okay. So enhanced ones are ones that take advantage of the DSiWare (or whatever) store or camera or something? I'm (obviously) a little green on the subject :/

Clipper

rass said:
I'll help you out if Clipper doesn't get back to you before your patience runs thin - I think he's one away from getting every NES game though, I just want Excite Bike haha.

You might get your chance, mate. I decided not to bring my Wii back home to Brissy with me while I'm here over the Chrissy/New Year break. I can do it on the 3rd and let Mako know the instructions, but we'll see what happens. And I'm still two away from the all-NES threshold with both my work colleagues still stubbornly forgetting to connect their Wiis, but they will be mine soon. Mako's Wii would definitely help me get there very early in the New Year :D.

Shaneus said:
Ah, okay. So enhanced ones are ones that take advantage of the DSiWare (or whatever) store or camera or something? I'm (obviously) a little green on the subject :/
Yes. Enhanced games can be played on a normal DS, but they take advantage of at least one of the DSi-only features if played on a DSi. This might be the cameras or store, but some games just use the extra RAM to make things run a bit faster.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fuuccck. CC fraud and shit. Someone has stolen a total of $5600 from my bank account and i only just noticed. Started on the 17th of dec. Bet you it was the atm at the fucking servo too that caused this.

I never use my account either. Money goes in from work and it goes out to my savings account, i have 0 need to check on it. Guess i did and do from now on.

Card is now frozen and i'm left with a few hundred in the bank. Gotta fill out a form and fax it off. Guess i will have to do that at work on wednesday.

Fuck yea, Christmas.

Bernbaum

Tron Legacy is a fantastically shot sci-fi adventure with a so-so plot and wobbly pacing that I managed to enjoy immensely.

Best use of 3D I've seen at the cinema, even if it's still just a gimmick.

Bernbaum

Oh and Daft Punk's score gave me a boner that can cut glass.

That and the tightly-clad sci-fi chicks with 'interestingly' beautiful faces

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
sucks to hear, evl. :(

and yeah, Bern, Tron felt like Pirates 2 & 3 to me. All the flavouring was just right but the script just wasn't there.

Bernbaum

Evl that sucks. What makes it worse is that there's a long string of public holidays and you're gonna have to sleep on it until Wednesday before you can even try to resolve it.

Given your description, I'm not sure if there's much you can do, but I hope it works out.

Worst thing about being ripped off isn't the loss of materials or cash, it's the sudden sense of vulnerability.

rass

AnkhWeasel said:
Ah. Nah, there's like ...well, one in the country.

How are you finding it? Was the $60 to be a member worth it?
My mum gave me the second membership card so I didn't pay squat. I probably would though - We get in there once a month and grab some stuff.

cookie, that's the worst - which bank are you with? One of my mates had $700 stolen by a dodgy taxi driver and the fraud squad from whichever bank he was with refunded it within a few days of him noticing - that wasn't cc though. Comm Bank call me relatively frequently if I make a big purchase on my cc to make sure it was me, good peace of mind. How did you find out too?

I still haven't seen Tron Legacy but my gf got the soundtrack for christmas and it is pretty epic. I'll get out to it soon.

Stackboy

I think I'm glad I got Bad Company 2 for cheap. It's fun, but not something I could see myself playing long term, like Halo: Reach or Black Ops.

I was down near Byron Bay seeing my fam fam for xmas, and I missed the deal on Dragon Age. Hoping it pops back up in the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom