• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

Here's West End/South Bank from my office. Notice all the shit floating in the river.

Most of my floor has gone home, and I will too.

2rrtnps.jpg

rass

codswallop said:
Tried sitting further from the screen so you can see the "real world" around it? Or changing the field of view setting? Apparently a too wide one can induce sickness...
I haven't tried field of view settings yet but I did play it windowed yesterday.
I'm gonna do a search, need to find out what the fov for TF2 is and I'll try with that in a few days.

Jambo, just saw that vid in the flood thread. So mental.

Bernbaum

Holy shit at the mass exodus from my office right now. People rushin out, and my team has been told to get home safe. Traffic is crazy and it's just started to pour again.

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
Holy shit at the mass exodus from my office right now. People rushin out, and my team has been told to get home safe. Traffic is crazy and it's just started to pour again.
Goddamn. Hope you're ok Bern.

Bernbaum

My home isn't at flood risk. Just doing the right thing given the uncertain transport situation.

Agyar is a westender, and things aren't looking good over that way.

Gazunta

So I drove into the office, and within, literally, five seconds, got told to go home because they're closing Brisbane city streets.

Bernbaum

Choc said:
Queensland Rail has announced Brisbane shutdown.

:|
My train is FULL and people were left on the platform. I haven't checked online resources, but if what you say is true, I may have been on one of the last trains out.

Clipper

Stay safe, BrisGAFers. Having grown up in Brissy, I'm certainly shocked by some of the news and images that have been surfacing.

Been trying to get in touch with my family members is Brissy but can't get onto my Aunt... I'm sure she is fine, but she's a stubborn old thing so here's hoping she knows if and when its time to leave...

My thoughts are with BrisGAFers, be safe guys

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mcdonalds mcbites are just kfc popcorn chicken. Still tasty but lame.

Hopefully all of those in bris-aus-gaf are safe and sound.

trinest

evlcookie said:
Mcdonalds mcbites are just kfc popcorn chicken. Still tasty but lame.

Hopefully all of those in bris-aus-gaf are safe and sound.
Least they taste better then the fricken nuggets. The nuggets taste like bloody corn flakes.

Choc

Banned
Bernbaum said:
Home safe.

are you under any level of threat bern or totally ok now :)?

Also to lighten the mood, Bern you are right, vanquish is fuck awesome. Played my copy last night for a few hours

Shaneus

jambo said:
McBites are SUPERIOR!
Really? I've heard they're shit. I haven't tried them, though... but they'd have to be damned good to be better than popcorn chicken.

PS. On the topic of KFC, I'm SO glad they haven't brought back the tower burger yet. Best thing they've ever done, chuck a hash brown in a burger.

Choc

Banned
Shaneus said:
Really? I've heard they're shit. I haven't tried them, though... but they'd have to be damned good to be better than popcorn chicken.

PS. On the topic of KFC, I'm SO glad they haven't brought back the tower burger yet. Best thing they've ever done, chuck a hash brown in a burger.

McBites ARE shit

trinest

Nah Popcorn Chicken is 100x better, expecially the fact you can get it in epic bulk and its cheaper. But for a Mcdonalds Chicken item- the mcbits win there.

Bernbaum

Choc said:
are you under any level of threat bern or totally ok now :)?

Also to lighten the mood, Bern you are right, vanquish is fuck awesome. Played my copy last night for a few hours
There are people on the southside to worry about.

My family on the coast are also okay and accounted for, despite their land phone lines being out.

I'm not a concern. I'm not in an at-risk area. My only issues are: potential blackout (for whatever reason); the shops closing (the cashier mentioned that trucks might not get in tonight); and transport (ie: me not being able to get to work for the rest of the week).

I'm stocked up on comfort food, and provided the power stays on, I'm gonna watch Blu-Rays, play Mass Effect and keep my eye on the news and the net.

ShyGuy

Yeah stay safe everyone in Brissie!

I have family/friends too there and while they are fine, there's no denying the panic/worry you feel not knowing.

I can only feel for those people in the far north, and recently the Toowoomba and recent areas that have been affected.

Geez...absolutely insane what's going on there! :(

---

On a lighter note, so what time exactly does Channel 11 launch this evening?

Omikron

Ooo dates. I turn 30 on 11/11/11 :lol

And.

I shouldn't have stayed up to watch Aus play India last night.

A) it was the worst 4-0 ever.
B) i am dead tired today.

rass

A client just told me that I'm "clearly incapable" of performing my job. Because I've been following her directions, which it turns out isn't what she wanted. ProTip if any of you need to deal with designers - when you inevitably change your mind about what you want, don't call me incapable, apologise for wasting 4 hours of my life. Can't wait to get this job finished

MrSerrels

rass said:
A client just told me that I'm "clearly incapable" of performing my job. Because I've been following her directions, which it turns out isn't what she wanted. ProTip if any of you need to deal with designers - when you inevitably change your mind about what you want, don't call me incapable, apologise for wasting 4 hours of my life. Can't wait to get this job finished

After working with designers on mags and websites, nothing bugs me more than an editor who thinks he can be a complete wanker. Designers are the people that make you look awesome. It's probably worth treating them with the respect they deserve.

It's a thankless task sometimes - cause people don't always understand the amount of work that goes into what you guys do. Sucks man. Person is clearly a fucking idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom