• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

rass

Kritz said:
Just started fiddling with the neogaf web app, and it's really good. Starting to learn the phone's short-cuts, but I still really hate the lack of punctuation in the default (and unchangable ?) keyboard. I mostly just wanna use apostrophes and commas, like normal humans.

Will play some game dev story soon. Any other good games I should buy?
if you start playing game dev story there won't be time for other games.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
apostrophes will mostly auto-correct into existence.

and yeah, GDS is neat, but its late game gets super repetitive. You get to a point where once you sell a million seller or so and unlock the hacker employees, you've pretty much won because you'll then have the resources to plug into more ads and more multimillion sellers and so on.

jambo

My folders

rcmCP.png

kStoD.png

fhXD4.png

Kritz

Banned
Rez said:
apostrophes will mostly auto-correct into existence.

and yeah, GDS is neat, but its late game gets super repetitive. You get to a point where once you sell a million seller or so and unlock the hacker employees, you've pretty much won because you'll then have the resources to plug into more ads and more multimillion sellers and so on.

Except it doesn't seem great when using possessives, and it's kinda annoying when it tries to autocorrect "its" when I'm not paying attention.

Kritz

Banned
Anyone know if you can view phone usage on the telsta site? I set up consume to have a rough guess at my phone call spending, but would like something a bit more solid. Can't find anything on the site so far. Might not be looking in the right place?

Agyar

Kritz said:
Anyone know if you can view phone usage on the telsta site? I set up consume to have a rough guess at my phone call spending, but would like something a bit more solid. Can't find anything on the site so far. Might not be looking in the right place?

Viewing usage on Telstra is a pain in the arse but the most accurate way is to download the Bigpond app and check it there (must be connected by 3G for it to show the Data Usage option). The Telstra site itself has a data usage meter in the My Account section that is sometimes accurate and other usage apps will pull the data from there.

I'm on Telstra and the data usage on my bill has never matched the data usage on the Bigpond app, Telstra site or elsewhere (it's usually lower) and for some stupid reason the last few days of your billing month tend to rollover into the next month for data usage, so don't go plowing through your last gig on the last day.

Kritz

Banned
Agyar said:
Viewing usage on Telstra is a pain in the arse but the most accurate way is to download the Bigpond app and check it there (must be connected by 3G for it to show the Data Usage option). The Telstra site itself has a data usage meter in the My Account section that is sometimes accurate and other usage apps will pull the data from there.

I'm on Telstra and the data usage on my bill has never matched the data usage on the Bigpond app, Telstra site or elsewhere (it's usually lower) and for some stupid reason the last few days of your billing month tend to rollover into the next month for data usage, so don't go plowing through your last gig on the last day.

Thanks, but I meant phone usage. As in, calls. Not internet usage.

Unless I'm missing a super obvious thing on the bigpond app that lists call history / duration / usage...

Bernbaum

Dear Mass Effect 2,

I know it's still early having only just met, and I don't want to ruin the magic by saying this, but, well, here goes...

I think I love you.

- Bernie Bernbaum
XOXOXOXOXO

Rahk

Kritz said:
I think that's pretty accurate for your overall call usage. Not sure how to check in more detail, if you even can. Might just have to wait till you get the bill for call history etc.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Bernbaum said:
Dear Mass Effect 2,

I know it's still early having only just met, and I don't want to ruin the magic by saying this, but, well, here goes...

I think I love you.

- Bernie Bernbaum
XOXOXOXOXO

<3

It's such an amazing game. My xbox is on the brink of dying, and I've vowed to not touch my xbox again until me3 comes out so I can finish the story.

rass

I just played portal for about 4 minutes, I am now dripping with sweat, dizzy and have a headache. I don't think I'm supposed to play this game :/

trinest

Kritz said:

Unless I'm missing a super obvious thing on the bigpond app that lists call history / duration / usage...
I know you can view calls if your on a plan. I don't know if you can view it detailed- but you can least view the costs of each type of call, sms etc.

Agyar

Kritz said:

I think the app has that as well, also you can view Unbilled Calls on the Telstra site somewhere too.

Ydahs

rass said:
I just played portal for about 4 minutes, I am now dripping with sweat, dizzy and have a headache. I don't think I'm supposed to play this game :/
Sweat and dizziness? Is this a common occurrence for you while gaming? The three hours of gaming packed in Portal are some of the best you'll ever experience so don't let the pain get to you :D

Also, damn you for reminding me of Portal 2 (I'm still on a media blackout) :(

remz

Bernbaum said:
Dear Mass Effect 2,

I think I love you.

- Bernie Bernbaum
XOXOXOXOXO
I too, love ME2.

Nemesis_

Bernbaum said:
Dear Mass Effect 2,

I think I love you.

- Bernie Bernbaum
XOXOXOXOXO

Have you been to Omega and Afterlife yet? I swear that's one of my top five moments in gaming.

Speaking of ME2, I was inspired by all the discussion on Giant Bomb's GOTY deliberations and decided it was finally time to finish it.

So after loading my old save and having no idea what was going on I decided to start a new game. I'm playing the PC version, and loving it, however there is a nagging part of me that wants to play the game on my 360.

I played through the first game on the 360, but was pissed off by the frame rate problems and load times. I've heard these are fixed on ME2, am I crazy to double dip and grab a 360 copy? I think its like $47 at JB or something. It would be great to just lay back on my couch and read all those codex pages....

Dammit, I think I've convinced myself.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Pretty good chance I won't be able to get to work today, roads around here tend to flood.

legend166

HolyCheck said:
So does Sydney, but you keep up with the avatar!

1 Collingwood Magpies
2 Geelong Cats
3 St Kilda Saints
4 Western Bulldogs
5 Sydney Swans
6 Fremantle Dockers
7 Hawthorn Hawks
8 Carlton Blues
9 North Melbourne Kangaroos
10 Port Adelaide Power
11 Adelaide Crows
12 Melbourne Demons
13 Brisbane Lions
14 Essendon Bombers
15 Richmond Tigers
16 West Coast Eagles

deal-with-it.gif

Who's the DG?

My fiance's work has warned them that they might all get sent home and my work has issued a blanket approval of emergency leave if more roads get blocked etc.

This shit is B-A-N-A-N-A-S

rass

Ydahs said:
Sweat and dizziness? Is this a common occurrence for you while gaming? The three hours of gaming packed in Portal are some of the best you'll ever experience so don't let the pain get to you :D

Also, damn you for reminding me of Portal 2 (I'm still on a media blackout) :(
I'm about an hour and a half in, but I've never been able to play for more than 10 minutes, I've given it plenty of tries :(
Thankfully it's not a common occurrence, the only other game that ever made me feel like this was og doom. And half life 2 now that I think about it. I'm usually fine with PC fps, logged a bit over 100 hours each in CS:S and TF2. In related news, holy shit I've spent a lot of time playing those games.

Choc

Banned
I feel so sorry for all the peoples in the flood :(

i feel so helpless, i will donate cash of course but other than that i feel helpless

It's days like this we need to remember that that is more to life than work and video games and keep those affected in our thoughts.

anyone whinging about vodafone today can go fuck themselves, there are bigger issues in the world than your 3G iphone not working.

Gazunta

Stuck at home while waiting for the plumbers to finish digging up my backyard trying to find why the drainpipes are overflowing. I work in the Valley, wondering which one will flood first - work or home :/

rass said:
I'm about an hour and a half in, but I've never been able to play for more than 10 minutes, I've given it plenty of tries :(
Tried sitting further from the screen so you can see the "real world" around it? Or changing the field of view setting? Apparently a too wide one can induce sickness...

legend166

Looking at google maps, Regency Downs doesn't look like it's in the Brisbane City area.

It seems it's directly between Toowoomba and Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom