• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

rass said:
A client just told me that I'm "clearly incapable" of performing my job. Because I've been following her directions, which it turns out isn't what she wanted. ProTip if any of you need to deal with designers - when you inevitably change your mind about what you want, don't call me incapable, apologise for wasting 4 hours of my life. Can't wait to get this job finished
Ugh. That must suck.

mandiller

wBaDV.jpg

This is just near my place in St Lucia, Brisbane. The ferry terminal is underwater and the water is rising. I hate to see what tomorrow and Thursday brings. Hopefully my place will be okay.

The net and power is still going fine. I'm keeping a constant eye out on the weather warnings.

Dead Man

mandiller said:
http://i.imgur.com/wBaDV.jpg[IMG]

This is just near my place in St Lucia, Brisbane. The ferry terminal is underwater and the water is rising. I hate to see what tomorrow and Thursday brings. Hopefully my place will be okay.

The net and power is still going fine. I'm keeping a constant eye out on the weather warnings.[/QUOTE]
Bloody hell.

MrSerrels

Dead Man said:
Funny to see, but I don't really get the outrage. No different to Target giving 1$ from every tshirt bought or whatever they do for breast cancer.

I see your point, but there's a big difference in my opinion. They're basically asking you to sign up for a mailing list before they send a single fucking dollar to the appeal. Pitiful.

Also, this is a disaster that's in progress, right now. Timing is shitty, and the idea is majorly shitty.

jambo

It's just clicking a Like button on FB and they donate money.

You can hide their updates on your wall.

Whole bunch of arm chair whingers blowing things out of proportion imo.

Dead Man

MrSerrels said:
I see your point, but there's a big difference in my opinion. They're basically asking you to sign up for a mailing list before they send a single fucking dollar to the appeal. Pitiful.

Also, this is a disaster that's in progress, right now. Timing is shitty, and the idea is majorly shitty.
Yeah, but when companies donate a dollar for every tshirt or whatever, you have to spend money before they will donate a single fucking dollar, here you have to click a button on a webpage. I really don't get the outrage. If they had not offered anything that would be worse, yet people are more upset by this. It makes no sense. How many FB mobs have offered zero dollars and faced no backfire? This mob does, albeit making sure they get something out of it, and they cop flak. Makes no sense.

Dead Man said:
Yeah, but when companies donate a dollar for every tshirt or whatever, you have to spend money before they will donate a single fucking dollar, here you have to click a button on a webpage. I really don't get the outrage. If they had not offered anything that would be worse, yet people are more upset by this. It makes no sense. How many FB mobs have offered zero dollars and faced no backfire? This mob does, albeit making sure they get something out of it, and they cop flak. Makes no sense.
When you say it like that...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
God damn banks. I picked up my new bank card from the branch on saturday now i have another card turn up in the mail. :lol

I guess i can cut one up and have them remove it from my account or something.

Also meant to be flash flooding in aus over the next few days.

Maccas

I'm glad I'm at 16.1 metres elevation. The most this flood has impacted me is the panicky people bought all the milk from Coles, which seems like an ill-advised purchase if you're worried about flooding and the fallout from flooding.

Also Channel 9 has been disgusting with their coverage. "See it first on Channel 9" watermarked over all their coverage. Am I being ultra-senstive or do others have issues with this?

Maccas said:
Also Channel 9 has been disgusting with their coverage. "See it first on Channel 9" watermarked over all their coverage. Am I being ultra-senstive or do others have issues with this?
I had the same thought and I also thought I was being oversensitive too. :D
Althought to be fair abcnews24 had a "exclusive" box up when I was watching this afternoon as well.

Bernbaum

3DS will be region locked.

First my home city gets ravaged by floods putting millions of people at risk with the potential to be the worst natural disaster the state has ever seen, and then this fucking happens?

I've got my US import 3DS all pre-ordered up.

Bernbaum

Random shit from today:

- Very nearly went to my personal trainer session at the gym at 1pm, despite the entire CBD fleeing like rats on a sinking clipper at that very time. In hindsight it seems ridiculous that I'd even consider it.

- Going through Coles with shopping bags full of corn chips, mozzarella cheese and jars of salsa whilst everyone else is pushing through trolleys full of bottled water and dry foodstuffs.

- Watching a Barina soldier through a meter of water and then dying in arse after the engine got soaked in water.

- Watching a be-mulleted bogan pull out of Maccas drive-thru in his XR6 and gunning through the same body of water and pulling through like a champ.

- Watching Julia Gillard strike a downright miserable figure as a leader.

- Having a phone call with my 'very rural' father to let him know I'm safe, and then five minutes into the conversation he changes the topic to talk about this new sausage-making machine and what kind of sausages he wants to make with it and this new sausage recipe he's come up with that he reckons is brilliant and how I shouldn't buy pork sausages because I'd apparently explode if I knew the half of what went into pork sausages. Never change, Dad.

I recall a Domino's Pizza rep on the Flood Relief thing saying they'd donate $1 per pizza purchased on Australia Day to the effort.

Conveniently, he didn't mention that they add a surcharge to every pizza on account of Australia Day being a public holiday.

Dead Man

AnkhWeasel said:
I recall a Domino's Pizza rep on the Flood Relief thing saying they'd donate $1 per pizza purchased on Australia Day to the effort.

Conveniently, he didn't mention that they add a surcharge to every pizza on account of Australia Day being a public holiday.
Watch the utter lack of outrage. :lol

Darklord

Banned
I like how Optus' new "supersonic" broadband just says "up to 4 times faster" but never says what the actual speed is or what it's 4 times faster than.

Darklord said:
I like how Optus' new "supersonic" broadband just says "up to 4 times faster" but never says what the actual speed is or what it's 4 times faster than.
It's 100Mb but I think they got in trouble for advertising that figure. They only "guarantee" those speeds within Australia anyway, so unless you really have a lot of people saturating your connection or need faster than 512kb upload speed, don't bother.

Bernbaum said:
Random shit from today:

- Watching a Barina soldier through a meter of water and then dying in arse after the engine got soaked in water.

used to happen all of the time in Fortitude Valley. It never gets old. Don't worry, the bogan in the ute will try that trick again and again until he eventually comes a cropper

Bernbaum said:
- Having a phone call with my 'very rural' father to let him know I'm safe, and then five minutes into the conversation he changes the topic to talk about this new sausage-making machine and what kind of sausages he wants to make with it and this new sausage recipe he's come up with that he reckons is brilliant and how I shouldn't buy pork sausages because I'd apparently explode if I knew the half of what went into pork sausages. Never change, Dad.

Mine's the same. Him and my mum remember the 74 floods well (they tell stories of the washing machine under the house bouncing against the floor in the old stilt house they lived in when they were at Ashgrove) so they were begging me to keep my wife home from work in the CBD. Once she got home safe, I rang them and it was all like- "hey let's go to Garden City for a coffee."

jambo

I don't want paytv and certainly not paytv with ads.

www.thedailyshow.com/videos it is!

Also that Sydney article can easily be applied to the rest of Aus if you take out the olympics.

In fact the beaches in Adelaide are better and 20 minutes away instead of an hour :lol

teekun

Well, in brighter TV news, everyone needs to start watching Eleven if only for the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. So glad he's finally on Australian TV. I missed the hell out of his show when I moved here.

jambo said:
I don't want paytv and certainly not paytv with ads.
In the early days of Pay TV, the ads were just for other shows. We ended up cancelling because they were getting almost as bad as FTA. Couldn't stand it. Plus not enough new content I cared about.

Choc

Banned
i have pay purely for the sport

if foxtel ever loses the english premeir league they lose me and a TON of subscribers i know

Mar

teekun said:
Well, in brighter TV news, everyone needs to start watching Eleven if only for the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. So glad he's finally on Australian TV. I missed the hell out of his show when I moved here.

I've been watching his stuff on youtube for months. He's the funniest guy on television right now, without a doubt in my mind.

In internet news, iinet are out of modems and so mine won't ship to me until next week sometime. This is getting ridiculous. Kinda wishing I just moved my Optus cable at this point, even though I hate Optus with an absolute passion.

Choc

Banned
Suncorp stadium is on fire :(

transformer blew from the flood waters, will be hard for firefighters to get there as well i imagine

Bernbaum

Choc said:
Suncorp stadium is on fire :(

transformer blew from the flood waters, will be hard for firefighters to get there as well i imagine
Ah ffs...

We play Central Coast in Gosford tonight, but I never expected us to follow through with hosting Wellington on the weekend because of the wet.

You hear this on the radio Choc?

Bernbaum

Postie just came and dropped off some import video games. I'd like to think he braved the floods and put his life at risk just so I could play some God of War I and II in HD.

Thanks Postie, you're a real-life Kevin Costner!

Fredescu

Ydahs said:
Wow, has there been an update on this?
Queensland Police Service ‎- #MythBuster Suncorp Stadium is NOT on fire - Small fire is in isolated transformer room #QldFloods #TheBigWet
3 minutes ago · View feedback (61)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom