• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

"I didn't see you playing with your dolls, sir!"

:lol :lol

Also, I just bought a can of Solo from the vending machine upstairs. The work room girl was in packing the dishwasher and I said I'd have to wrestle a croc as I picked up the can. She stared at me and then said "...what?" She just turned 18, and has never seen the Solo ads before.

I feel so old ;_;

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shot down :lol

Currently eating some pocky and um, I don't get what all the fuss is about? It just tastes like your standard chocolate stick thing. It gets a little sickening after the first few, Same as the standard sticks.

Sorry ausgaf!

leca

jambo said:
I just bought a can of Solo from the vending machine upstairs. The work room girl was in packing the dishwasher and I said I'd have to wrestle a croc as I picked up the can. She stared at me and then said "...what?" She just turned 18, and has never seen the Solo ads before.

You clearly need a kayak in the office to get the point across :lol

Ydahs

After ten years living near the Merri Creek Trail, I only today decided to ride my bike on it. Wonderful sight and sure beats running eight laps of an athletics track.

Apparently some parts get flooded during rain periods and every snake sign led me to speed up a little bit :/

I'll ride again on Friday and see if the water levels have risen due to predicted flash floods.

I saw two scary dogs and two people who looked a bit high :|

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:

Currently eating some pocky and um, I don't get what all the fuss is about? It just tastes like your standard chocolate stick thing. It gets a little sickening after the first few, Same as the standard sticks.

Sorry ausgaf!
Well, some of us have souls.
:p

But yes, it's just candied biscuit in stick form, I can understand not liking it.

Say a bad word against Hello Panda, however, and I will cut you.

Choc

Banned
Gamers :D

mana bar open this evening apparently and 10% of all takings this week going to the flood effort

gamers are not dicks, see government, see.

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
Well, some of us have souls.
:p

But yes, it's just candied biscuit in stick form, I can understand not liking it.

Say a bad word against Hello Panda, however, and I will cut you.
Strawberry Pocky is AMAZING. I also tried choco-banana Pocky which is equally as amazing. Chocolate (pretzel?) flavoured sticks dipped in banana flavoured goop. It was mind-blowing.

Choc

Banned
401011-cm-floods.jpg

Where are you Julia, check out that Kevvy boy!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Thought I'd post this here.. as He's Aussie

In the coming days, the GSL registration will begin.
FXOpen e-Sports will be officially sending FXOmOOnGLaDe to compete to get into the GSL tournament.
In the upcoming weeks, Mr Andrew Pender will be practicing his life out in order to show the world what Aussies are made of, in Korea.

booyah.

Ydahs said:
After ten years living near the Merri Creek Trail, I only today decided to ride my bike on it. Wonderful sight and sure beats running eight laps of an athletics track.

Apparently some parts get flooded during rain periods and every snake sign led me to speed up a little bit :/

I'll ride again on Friday and see if the water levels have risen due to predicted flash floods.

I saw two scary dogs and two people who looked a bit high :|

haha what part of the trail do you live near?

Rahk

evlcookie said:

Sorry ausgaf!
Yeah, nothing special. The ones with nuts and whatnot are alright.

Choc

Banned
443487-cm-floods.jpg

fuck me

look at suncorp, that water is getting bloody high for that stadium :eek:

to put this in perspective suncorp is widely known in Australia to have the best drainage system of all the major stadiums in the country

Bernbaum

Omi said:
Flood is really awful :( Nothing people can really do but wait it out until it peaks and hopefully drains away.... who knows how long cleanup will take.

To lighten the mood - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySnw6W39HEo

Blind Guardian covering You're the Voice.... who knew it could be so amazing. :lol
There was a top-notch punk rock band from Brisbane called 'Blister' who played my favourite version of the song. Their drummer Gordy went on to join Frenzal Rhomb, and I'ver had trouble tracking down their recordings ever since...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The album bigger than us is on what. If thats who you are talking about.

God knows where else you could find their stuff. Shame there isnt a legal place to purchase old albums, commercial or indi that only 10 people have heard of.

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:

God knows where else you could find their stuff. Shame there isnt a legal place to purchase old albums, commercial or indi that only 10 people have heard of.
I'd be all for a service like that. They're not going to make money anyway, so why not ensure musicians work can exist somewhere so it doesn't disappear for ever. American lawyer Lawrence Lessig makes a great case for archiving music in his book 'Free Culture.'

I've said it before, but as a great lover of everything Mass Effect 1, I am head over heals for Mass Effect 2. I think my enjoyment of the game hinges on my appreciation for the ME universe as established in the first game, and I think for anyone playing ME2 without playing the first then it wouldn't have the same impression.

This game was made for me.

evlcookie said:

what.cd?

legend166

Bernbaum said:
I'd be all for a service like that. They're not going to make money anyway, so why not ensure musicians work can exist somewhere so it doesn't disappear for ever. American lawyer Lawrence Lessig makes a great case for archiving music in his book 'Free Culture.'

I've said it before, but as a great lover of everything Mass Effect 1, I am head over heals for Mass Effect 2. I think my enjoyment of the game hinges on my appreciation for the ME universe as established in the first game, and I think for anyone playing ME2 without playing the first then it wouldn't have the same impression.

Torrent sites are the modern day music archive.

Ydahs

:lol :lol @ that pic

fappenmeister said:
haha what part of the trail do you live near?
Fawkner, which I believe is where the trail starts (not too sure)? Do you live anywhere nearby?

Didn't ride much today as it was the first time riding a bike in years. I think only four km on the actual trail and another three on the streets. I want to eventually ride from my house to Doug Hull Adventure park (a.k.a Coburg Lake) following the trail which is in total 10km. The problem is, I don't think I'll be able to make it back :lol

Nemesis_

Bernbaum said:

Yeah, that makes sense. I prefer Mass Effect 1 "atmospherically" if that makes sense.

Bernbaum

Nemesis556 said:
Yeah, that makes sense. I prefer Mass Effect 1 "atmospherically" if that makes sense.
I like both games very much but for different reasons. Mass Effect 1 is certainly more open, and offers you a top-down view of the galaxy working as a Spectre for the Citadel Council. Whereas in ME2, you are dealing with the seedy underbelly and all the dubious tasks asked of someone in the employ of Cerberus.

As you say, entering Afterlife on Omega is a pretty rad moment, and captures in a nutshell how Shepard will deal with what's asked of her for the entirety of the game.

The scaled-back RPG elements don't bother me at all, and they'll always exist in ME1. ME2 also feels alot like KotOR2 the first time I played it - a lot of the locales and background are familiar, but you're dealing with the wake of destruction left by the first game, and everything isn't as clean and grand as the first adventure.

Here's the nerdy bit: for those who've read the books and comics, there's a few slices of fan service thrown in there as a bit of a treat. I'm not normally a hanger-on for rich and closely-adhered to canon (just read a few Star Wars books set in the EU and try not to vomit), but they make the experience so much more rewarding.

I have a few quibbles with it of course, but I'm enjoying the ride far too much to be bothered by them.

Nemesis_

Bernbaum said:
As you say, entering Afterlife on Omega is a pretty rad moment, and captures in a nutshell how Shepard will deal with what's asked of her for the entirety of the game.

You are doing it right. ;)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hour 5 of 9 sitting at the melb airport waiting for my next flight. Your airport is shit. The only powerpoints are on the low wall near no seats and you have to pay to use the airports wireless. Fuck this. Adelaide airport has free internode wireless and power points near lots of tables and chairs. Thank god the qantas clubs wireless is unsecure.. I think people realise why im sitting next to a pot plant. Also wtf are these little bug/fly things. Are they some kind of fruit flies? If so thank fuck SA doesnt have them. Also where the fuck is some fuic. And fucked if i dont get a 10c deposit.

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:
Hour 5 of 9 sitting at the melb airport waiting for my next flight. Your airport is shit. The only powerpoints are on the low wall near no seats and you have to pay to use the airports wireless. Fuck this. Adelaide airport has free internode wireless and power points near lots of tables and chairs. Thank god the qantas clubs wireless is unsecure.. I think people realise why im sitting next to a pot plant. Also wtf are these little bug/fly things. Are they some kind of fruit flies? If so thank fuck SA doesnt have them. Also where the fuck is some fuic. And fucked if i dont get a 10c deposit.
Thrips, usually. Comes with the territory of sitting near a pot plant... they love stagnant water.

Nemesis556 said:
I prefer Mass Effect 1 "atmospherically" if that makes sense.
Me too. It had this great late 70s/early 80s sci-fi B movie feel to it -- the music was all synth, the colours were faded, etc. Compared with the second which was brightly-coloured, and the music was far too bombastic and over the top in a grand space opera type of way.

I love both games but copping out like that was a huge letdown for me.

HolyCheck said:
Hour 5 of 9 sitting at the melb airport waiting for my next flight. Your airport is shit.

Melbourne Airport is one of the worst I've ever been to. Unfortunately for me it's also the start and end point of all my flights. The only one I can think of off the top of my head that's worse is Phnom Penh's, but I was only there for an hour.

Choc

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Hour 5 of 9 sitting at the melb airport waiting for my next flight. Your airport is shit. The only powerpoints are on the low wall near no seats and you have to pay to use the airports wireless.

never ever EVER come to Sydney airport if you think thats bad and charging is bad

Sydney Airport is a bank

what you should have done is gone over to the Hilton hotel next door and gone to the bar ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom