• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
humidity + mosquito bites = huge pain and annoyance.

my friend had her first gig with her band today and it was pretty great. she's a great singer.

fat hoes told me and my friend we were cute on the way home from dropping my girlfriend off at a club. was creepy.

also:
tumblr_ley5qfErUt1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Shaneus

Ydahs said:
This humidity in Melbourne is awful. AWFUL.
I'm with you on that one. These sleeping patterns are doing my head in :/
Not that we should complain though, but yeah, it's kind of annoying.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Well I got to my hotel room having not slept.. drank 2 glasses of bourbon watched some dexter then slept and woke up at 3am.

now it's 9am and i'm bored.. I could probably put some pants on and go for a walk.. yes I'll do that..

any requests for photos?

It'll be like a scavanger hunt.

So I played another couple of hours of ME2 last night, and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed my previous time spent with the game (played about 10 hours early last year and for some reason I never finished it).

Played about 4 hours total, about an hour and a half of that has been spent reading codex pages.

Also, glad I bought the game on 360 - looks just as good as the PC version IMO and I can lay back on the couch while I read about the Salarian reproductive system.

I know I'm LTTP by about a year and everything but goddamnit, game is so good.

Also, I find myself strangely attracted to Dr Chakwas.

Omikron

legend166 said:
We bought an exercise bike yesterday.

Time to get fit.

I'm currently 81kg. I want to get to 75.

Good luck with that :D How tall are you as 75kgs isn't a huge weight.

I actually weighed myself the other day for the first time in ages. For the first time in my life bordering on getting to 80kgs. I blame keeping up with pregnant ladys eating habits. :lol

HolyCheck

codswallop said:
Pocari Sweat! When we flew Etihad last year we kept seeing the most weird ads for that stuff. What the hell is it?

It's some energy type drink, I just remember drinking shit loads of it in japan, that and calpis

HolyCheck

Oh and going back a page or two, I finally voted for the hottest 100 so I thought I'd share my list like others did :)

JOHN STEEL SINGERS, THE - Overpass,
SLEIGH BELLS - Tell 'Em,
BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE - Texico Bitches,
DAFT PUNK - Derezzed,
CHILDISH GAMBINO - Got This Money,
EDDY CURRENT SUPPRESSION RING - Anxiety,
EVIL EDDIE - Queensland,
GORILLAZ - On Melancholy Hill,
GORILLAZ - Glitter Freeze,
GYPSY and THE CAT - Jona Vark

legend166

Omi said:
Good luck with that :D How tall are you as 75kgs isn't a huge weight.

I actually weighed myself the other day for the first time in ages. For the first time in my life bordering on getting to 80kgs. I blame keeping up with pregnant ladys eating habits. :lol

I'm 6 foot.

My goal is to get down to 75kg (I don't have much muscle on me), then build it back up with muscle.

I've just got this annoying beer gut (well, I don't drink so it's not beer) that I want to get rid of. Also, man boobs.

On another note, I think the FTA Digital Channels are programmed by interns. This is what is on Go! on Sunday night:

6:30pm The Middle
7:00pm The Middle
7:30pm The Big Bang Theory
8:00pm The Middle
8:30pm The Big Bang Theory
9:00pm The Middle

But in good news, the F1 is finally going HD next year on One.

Omikron

legend166 said:
I'm 6 foot.

My goal is to get down to 75kg (I don't have much muscle on me), then build it back up with muscle.

I've just got this annoying beer gut (well, I don't drink so it's not beer) that I want to get rid of. Also, man boobs.

Cool, again, good luck with it!

Makes me want to get out there and start doing a bit of jogging again. Since I gave up regular team sport, its really easy to just not do anything.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm also 80kgs, i haven't gone up or down in ages though. I'm guessing a little bit of exercise over time would help bring me down but i'm so lazy :lol

I need to copy files from my PC iphone to my Mac at work but there's no good free solution and i haven't jailbroken it. Anyone know of a way?

legend166

Omi said:
Cool, again, good luck with it!

Makes me want to get out there and start doing a bit of jogging again. Since I gave up regular team sport, its really easy to just not do anything.

Yeah I tried getting a running regime happening, but it just didn't work. At first I was running around an oval across the road, but then if it rained a little it would get all muddy. Then I tried our treadmill, but that's stuck in the garage and it heats up like a steam room in there. So basically as you can see I looked for any excuse not to run :lol

With the exercise bike, it's there, inside the house, and I have no excuse. If it gets hot I can get get a fan. I can even watch TV with it on. So the goal is to just do 20 minute of riding every morning before work, with a longer one on Saturdays.

legend166 said:
With the exercise bike, it's there, inside the house, and I have no excuse. If it gets hot I can get get a fan. I can even watch TV with it on. So the goal is to just do 20 minute of riding every morning before work, with a longer one on Saturdays.
We just got ours fixed and this is exactly how we use it. Going outside to exercise is great, unless the weather's shit (and we haven't had any summer yet, really) but having a bike, indoors, that you can use while doing something you'd be otherwise sedentary is really very handy.

Just don't expect it to lose the gut unless you get a good sweat going from each ride.

jambo

I'm about 90-95kg

They built a gym at work that staff can use for free so I kinda feel bad about not going, especially seeing as it's literally 10 metres from my office >_>

They also hired a personal trainer that we can use for free...

I really should go.

rass

golfham, I'm 6'2 or so and between 90 and 100, going to work that shit down to 85 this year which is where I was when I was healthy.

Maybe I should join the gym again haha

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I don't need to lose any weight, but I could certainly do with gaining some muscle.

Went to the gym once, felt weird.

legend166

codswallop said:
We just got ours fixed and this is exactly how we use it. Going outside to exercise is great, unless the weather's shit (and we haven't had any summer yet, really) but having a bike, indoors, that you can use while doing something you'd be otherwise sedentary is really very handy.

Just don't expect it to lose the gut unless you get a good sweat going from each ride.

Yep, I need to work out what's a good distance in 20 minutes. The bike we got has some built in programs so I'll use them for the time being.

HolyCheck said:
Oh and going back a page or two, I finally voted for the hottest 100 so I thought I'd share my list like others did :)

SLEIGH BELLS - Tell 'Em,
DAFT PUNK - Derezzed,
EVIL EDDIE - Queensland,
Others shared their lists? I can't find them heh

Here's mine anyway:

Janelle Monae - Tightrope (Ft. Big Boi)
Big Boi - Shutterbugg (Ft. Cutty)
Crystal Castles - Not In Love (Ft. Robert Smith)
Duck Sauce - Barbara Streisand
Cee-Lo Green - Fuck You!
The Count & Sinden - After Dark (Ft. Mystery Jets)
Damian Marley & Nas - As We Enter
Flight Facilities - Crave You (Ft. Giselle)
Kissy Sell Out - Garden Friends (Ft. Danimal Kingdom)
Miami Horror - Holidays (Ft. Neon Indian)

Omikron

Attn Choc: How the fuck was that a penalty against Japan last night? :lol Surely if the player taken down was in an offside position when passed the ball it can't be a penalty. And he was offside by metres! :lol

AFC refereeing is a fucking shambles.

Frawdder

Goddam Ticketek!

Wouldn't let me buy a ticket to Queens of the Stone Age side shows :(

Sitting here watching the allocation go from 'available' to 'limited' to 'alloc. exhausted' and not being able to get a ticket is one of the most painful things I've ever had to endure.

:(

But I'm reading that the Melbourne show sold out in less than 5 minutes so maybe the Ticketek website is just in slow motion or something

Still,

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Channel 10 were outside about one hour ago filming the mini flood on the street outside work. Guess they have nothing else to do :lol

Bernbaum

January 4th was the first day back at work and my return to the gym for the year.

There were fat bitches everywhere trying to make good on their new year's resolution.

How fat were they? We're talking 'masturbates to Twilight fanfiction' fat.

Mar

Bernbaum said:
January 4th was the first day back at work and my return to the gym for the year.

There were fat bitches everywhere trying to make good on their new year's resolution.

:T

One of the hardest things for overweight people is getting over the fear of going to a gym because of people like you.

Frawdder said:
Goddam Ticketek!

Wouldn't let me buy a ticket to Queens of the Stone Age side shows :(

Sitting here watching the allocation go from 'available' to 'limited' to 'alloc. exhausted' and not being able to get a ticket is one of the most painful things I've ever had to endure.

:(

But I'm reading that the Melbourne show sold out in less than 5 minutes so maybe the Ticketek website is just in slow motion or something

Still,

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!
*HUG* I feel your pain.

Maybe they will add more shows?

@ Jambo YES YES YOU SHOULD. I WOULD LOVE THAT SHIT.

Bernbaum said:

Eh, least they're giving it a go.

MrSerrels

Pocari Sweat. I used to smash that stuff. It's one of the few drinks in the world that tastes better out of the bottle instead of the can.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Attn Choc: How the fuck was that a penalty against Japan last night? :lol Surely if the player taken down was in an offside position when passed the ball it can't be a penalty. And he was offside by metres! :lol

AFC refereeing is a fucking shambles.

Yes a player can not be 'fouled' when in an offside position. A free kick can not be given

however in the instance of a card being warranted either yellow or red for conduct that would still stand

A red card for denying an obviously goal scoring opportunity can not be given as a goal opportunity was not denied by the foul but the offside.

But yes, offside over rules everything.

Omikron

Choc said:
Yes a player can not be 'fouled' when in an offside position. A free kick can not be given

however in the instance of a card being warranted either yellow or red for conduct that would still stand

A red card for denying an obviously goal scoring opportunity can not be given as a goal opportunity was not denied by the foul but the offside.

But yes, offside over rules everything.

:lol

That all said, now go watch video of the penalty against Japan.

I'm waiting for idiots to make the lady doing the Auslan translation during the QLD flood press conferences into an internet meme/cult.

Bligh looks so tired.

trinest

fappenmeister said:
I'm waiting for idiots to make the lady doing the Auslan translation during the QLD flood press conferences into an internet meme/cult.

Bligh looks so tired.
Why do QLD press conferences do that? Is that a QLD thing?

Bernbaum said:

You're looking at this all wrong. Sprinkle some glitter over yourself before you go next and watch what happens. Do this quick because chances are those girls won't be there in a week.
"you've scored one of premium quality"

Tntnnbltn

fappenmeister said:
I won't lie, I alt-tab back to ABC News 24 whenever they mention Bligh coming up.

Sign language is so awesome and expressive.

Choc

Banned
so for our Victorian friends floods are getting bad to :(

Road between Geelong and Torquay, the surfcoast highway (which leads to the great ocean road which is closed around Lorne as well due to collapsed road) is now cut due to flooding

:|

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:

SLEIGH BELLS - Tell 'Em,
DAFT PUNK - Derezzed,
EVIL EDDIE - Queensland,
Childish Gambino was on the list? Fuck, I would've actually bothered if I knew he was on there.

Shaneus

Choc said:
so for our Victorian friends floods are getting bad to :(

Road between Geelong and Torquay, the surfcoast highway (which leads to the great ocean road which is closed around Lorne as well due to collapsed road) is now cut due to flooding

:|
Fuck, seriously? Glad I only live in Geelong and not any further. It looks like the rain has (temporarily?) stopped in Melbourne for the time being. Hope it doesn't prevent me from getting home at my usual time.

Gazunta

Here's my top 10

The British Gingers - Step On Me
Energy Drink - Take It (dubstep remix)
Pink Hammer - Washington Groove
Par Avion - Questions
NDEV - God Bless America
Evacuation Plan - Are You OK?
Shortcut To D - Three Apples For Me
The Bank (feat. Ella Morton) - Boom Boom Boom
ABXY and the Triggers - Game Over
Ricki Lee Coulter - Turn The Sound Down

I have no idea what the hell you kids listen to any more so making up random bands and song titles makes just as much sense as the gibberish that is the Triple J Hottest 100 to my old eyes and ears

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Hey guys it's the last day in the iiNet Top Geek competition, so if you haven't voted for me yet - can you please? :D

Link Here!

Nemesis_

Bernbaum said:

=/

Dead Man

Gazunta said:
Here's my top 10

The British Gingers - Step On Me
Energy Drink - Take It (dubstep remix)
Pink Hammer - Washington Groove
Par Avion - Questions
NDEV - God Bless America
Evacuation Plan - Are You OK?
Shortcut To D - Three Apples For Me
The Bank (feat. Ella Morton) - Boom Boom Boom
ABXY and the Triggers - Game Over
Ricki Lee Coulter - Turn The Sound Down

I have no idea what the hell you kids listen to any more so making up random bands and song titles makes just as much sense as the gibberish that is the Triple J Hottest 100 to my old eyes and ears
That list makes as much sense as anyone elses to me so far...

I am old. :( I never thought I'd fall behind on music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom