• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

I make sure to bring my iPhone's charge cable when going to any Australian airports. Tethering my 3G connection to get the Internet on the laptop FTW.

So I just ordered a knock-off XBOX 360 wireless N adapter from ozgameshop.com, how long does it normally take for those guys to deliver something in-stock?

Also, finished Enslaved last night. Game has its flaws, overall very enjoyable though.

Good stuff about Enslaved:

- looks great
- interesting and unique setting and story (Edit: I realise this is a new interpretation of Journey to the West, but I thought it was an interesting take on it)
- facial animations are ridiculously good
- Trip is super cute

Not so good stuff about Enslaved:

- limited enemy types
- not enough Pigsy

Overall I'm glad I played it and hope for a sequel. One thing that really struck me was the weird sense of urgency that runs throughout the game. You get a feel for the characters but I wish there was a bit more time spent on developing the bond between Monkey and Trip. Pigsy is great, looking forward to downloading the DLC on the weekend and playing it through.

Also, the game made me feel like a dirty old man when it was mentioned towards the end of the game that Trip is a teenager, as I had spent the entirety of the game admiring her expertly rendered physique.

BanShunsaku said:
So I just ordered a knock-off XBOX 360 wireless N adapter from ozgameshop.com, how long does it normally take for those guys to deliver something in-stock?
Ordered a wireless headset on Dec 16th and it arrived on around Jan 11th. Annoying wait but probably acceptable due to Christmas/New Years. I'd say two weeks should be the norm and after three weeks you should start being concerned.

BanShunsaku said:

Also, finished Enslaved last night. Game has its flaws, overall very enjoyable though.

Good stuff about Enslaved:

- looks great
- interesting and unique setting and story (Edit: I realise this is a new interpretation of Journey to the West, but I thought it was an interesting take on it)
- facial animations are ridiculously good
- Trip is super cute

Not so good stuff about Enslaved:

- limited enemy types
- not enough Pigsy

Overall I'm glad I played it and hope for a sequel. One thing that really struck me was the weird sense of urgency that runs throughout the game. You get a feel for the characters but I wish there was a bit more time spent on developing the bond between Monkey and Trip. Pigsy is great, looking forward to downloading the DLC on the weekend and playing it through.

Also, the game made me feel like a dirty old man when it was mentioned towards the end of the game that Trip is a teenager, as I had spent the entirety of the game admiring her expertly rendered physique.

The whole time I was playing it I got a Jak and Daxter vibe to the whole game :lol Which is a good thing to me cause I like the J&D series, especially when he pulled out his
Halo, the floaty thingy

Danoss

Fredescu said:
The most likely answer is them wanting a bigger cut.
That about sums up my thoughts.

They could have extended their deal. It's digital content, not like they're gonna run out of stock. I'm amazed that they'd think people would buy into their bullshit "explanation".

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
EA are ass faces when it comes to DD

i dont know US policies guys and US policies dictate digital downloads.

funny that ME2 will be on PSN day and date though which is not an EA download site.

Frawdder

Choc said:

funny that ME2 will be on PSN day and date though which is not an EA download site.
You don't have any other choice when it comes to PSN. It's either that or retail.

jambo

Choc said:

EA put the special edition of Dragon Age 2 up on every DD service except Steam. Huge community backlash atm.

Choc

Banned
THQ_Logo_RGB.jpg

Discuss.

I think its complete turd

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/01/what-do-you-think-of-thqs-new-logo/#comment-208099

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Best part of the THQ logo is that was the best one they chose, they probably spent a million dollars on it too. Then there is the cost of it replacing branding on games, buildings, stationary and more.

The only positive I can think of is that it looks 'good' on print and the web. It can also be in black and white and still get the message across. Which is what a good logo should have.

Dead Man

Meh, it's a logo, don't reallycare, as long as they keep making games I like.

Fredescu said:
It's actually Table Chair wizard tucking the chair in under the table using the curled end of his staff.
:lol Can't unsee.

Danoss

trinest said:
THQ makes games you like?

Are you 5 or just like horrible games?
Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, STALKER, Metro 2033, Red Faction and Titan Quest; what a horrible track record, they should just give up.

Rahk

PC arrived today apart from CPU, which was shipped today from the UK. Too bad I probably won't be home for a few weeks.

CryptiK

Love my new Oakleys :D never had such fantastic sunglasses before.

Bernbaum said:
According to Mass Effect 2, half the fucking galaxy is made out of Iridium.
The stuff that in the lenses of my sunnies.

Bought so many Blurays yet I dont have a HD screen to watch them on :(

I got:
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
Pixar Short Films collection Vol. 1
Smokin Aces
Zombie Land
Shaun of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead
How to Train Your Dragon

and I have on the way from JBHiFi Website

Saving Private Ryan
Black Hawk Down
Land of The Dead
Astro Boy
District 9

YAY!

trinest said:
THQ makes games you like?

Are you 5 or just like horrible games?
wow you failed there

Stackboy

CryptiK said:
Love my new Oakleys :D never had such fantastic sunglasses before.

The stuff that in the lenses of my sunnies.

Bought so many Blurays yet I dont have a HD screen to watch them on :(

I got:
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
Pixar Short Films collection Vol. 1
Smokin Aces
Zombie Land
Shaun of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead
How to Train Your Dragon

and I have on the way from JBHiFi Website

Saving Private Ryan
Black Hawk Down
Land of The Dead
Astro Boy
District 9

YAY!

wow you failed there

I can only guess you have a Blu-ray player on the way?

CryptiK

Stackboy said:
I can only guess you have a Blu-ray player on the way?
nope I can set up my PS3 to my 23" monitor if I could be fucked but no bluray player on the way. I am pretty disappointed that I can not find Enemy at the Gate Bluray anywhere in Australia.

Bernbaum

You know what I reckon?

I reckon it would be way rad if key NPC's and characters from the extended universe of Mass Effect will be core playable characters in Mass Effect 3.

Folk like Anderson, The Consort, Aria, Kahlee Sanders or even Doctor Chakwas would be bitchin' to have on my team.

/borderline fanfiction

Cohsae

Bernbaum said:
You know what I reckon?

I reckon it would be way rad if key NPC's and characters from the extended universe of Mass Effect will be core playable characters in Mass Effect 3.

Folk like Anderson, The Consort, Aria, Kahlee Sanders or even Doctor Chakwas would be bitchin' to have on my team.

/borderline fanfiction
They'd all be better than Jack.
I'd rather have one of those floaty squid brain dudes than fucking Jack.

jambo

CryptiK said:
you could have just kept saving and got a bigger and better TV instead of just buying it:lol
It was on sale, then the day I bought it they had a further 15% off.

It would cost me $200 more now than when I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom