• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Rez said:
what the fuck
Well some how in the last 50 posts we went from celebrating the 10,000th post to discussing anal sex
WNDY0.gif

Axiom

25h1htu.jpg

Thanks Vook!

Been calling EB's and JB's all day in hopes of finding a canceled order of the Little Big Planet 2 special edition, no luck :(

CryptiK

Got my copyvof lbp2 today :) and now on the train up to Sydney for the EA thing . My god i have reception! (and just as i typed that i had none)

Clipper

My LBP 2 might be waiting for me at home right now! It shipped two days ago. Got a code this morning for some bonus content too, so I look forward to its arrival, with the plushie.

Deeku

Clipper said:
My LBP 2 might be waiting for me at home right now! It shipped two days ago. Got a code this morning for some bonus content too, so I look forward to its arrival, with the plushie.
I picked up my lbp2 today but no plushie. The eb guy said plushies have been delayed due to the floods.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking I might actually spend some time making a for serious LBP2 level this time

Dead Man

So I'm looking to get LBP2, does anyone know if the DLC is region locked? I don't want to get some great deal on a US Lim Ed and find out the DLC doesn't work.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rez said:
I'm thinking I might actually spend some time making a for serious LBP2 level this time

Maybe this is something i can do in my downtime at work. Try and design a level on paper and see if i can get it going in the game. I do need to purchase the game first though.

Eh.

GL with that though Rez. Let us know how it goes.

Yagharek

Choc said:
if its so FUCKING OLD where the FUCK IS IT MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD HUH

PUNK :p

by the way as of 1 hour ago that newly uploaded youtube version was not hit by activision yet

What the hell are you talking about?

CryptiK

EA Hold shit Launch/Preview parties.

150 people 8 consoles 6 computers

4 DS2
4 Bulletstorm
2 Crysis
4 DA2

DA2 is the biggest pile of turd and was linier as fuck from what I played I thought it was like a free roam game?
Bulletstorm was just the demo and was fun
Dead Space2 the retail discs where used seems its gunna be awesome
Crysis now here is where it gets fucked. Crysis 2 the code they were using was fucking old as shit they were running it on pretty beefy machines on a 27" monitor so I sit down and instantly wtf the screen is distorted go options select 1920x1080 (was lower than 720p) set graphics to enthusiast screen looks better next minute Crysis man comes running over going wtf are you doing and changes it back to sub-720p and it looked like COMPLETE ASS the water was just a reflective mirror and was glitchy as hell.

EA learn from this mistake you can cram 150 people in to 3 small rooms and divide them over 14 machines >.>

/rant

fix it choc seriously oh wait according to the EA guy running the show xxxxx doesnt exist in the company.

Waikis

CryptiK said:
EA Hold shit Launch/Preview parties.

150 people 8 consoles 6 computers

4 DS2
4 Bulletstorm
2 Crysis
4 DA2

DA2 is the biggest pile of turd and was linier as fuck from what I played I thought it was like a free roam game?
Bulletstorm was just the demo and was fun
Dead Space2 the retail discs where used seems its gunna be awesome
Crysis now here is where it gets fucked. Crysis 2 the code they were using was fucking old as shit they were running it on pretty beefy machines on a 27" monitor so I sit down and instantly wtf the screen is distorted go options select 1920x1080 (was lower than 720p) set graphics to enthusiast screen looks better next minute Crysis man comes running over going wtf are you doing and changes it back to sub-720p and it looked like COMPLETE ASS the water was just a reflective mirror and was glitchy as hell.

EA learn from this mistake you can cram 150 people in to 3 small rooms and divide them over 14 machines >.>

/rant

fix it choc seriously oh wait according to the EA guy running the show xxxxx. doesnt exist in the company.

WE WANT ANSWERS!

Aon

CryptiK said:

It's old school free roam, with a semi linear world map buy linear levels from the world map.

CryptiK

Aon said:
It's old school free roam, with a semi linear world map buy linear levels from the world map.
Ah well it was still turd the camera control was crappy the graphics my god fucking HORRID bad textures everywhere the characters faces were like detail less just flat textures was complete badness.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Actually i can pretty much confirm it's charge back related. Looks like the bank decided to do more fraud crap than i had actually listed down. I listed what i wanted fixed, don't fix shit i didn't list you dumb mother fuckers.

So i'm probably fucked. It's annoying since the account is also owner of the ausgaf group. NFI what i can do now about that. Will make a second account tonight so i can at least sit in steam chat.

Cryp you dosey cunt, Why are you going around posting people's real names without their permission? Hopefully he was smart enough to give you some made up bullshit name or you're just an idiot who forgot what it actually was. Stop acting like a spoilt 16 year old brat, god damn.

Rahk

evlcookie said:
Actually i can pretty much confirm it's charge back related. Looks like the bank decided to do more fraud crap than i had actually listed down. I listed what i wanted fixed, don't fix shit i didn't list you dumb mother fuckers.

So i'm probably fucked. It's annoying since the account is also owner of the ausgaf group. NFI what i can do now about that. Will make a second account tonight so i can at least sit in steam chat.
Have you contacted Steam support and explained the situation? You should be able to get it back. Might have to talk to the bank too.

Clipper

Dead Man said:
So I'm looking to get LBP2, does anyone know if the DLC is region locked? I don't want to get some great deal on a US Lim Ed and find out the DLC doesn't work.
The DLC is sort of region locked in the same way that almost all games' DLC works. You can only download/buy stuff from PSN accounts in the same region as the game. If you bought a US LBP2, you would need to buy any DLC with a US account (you can set up a US account on a PS3 from any region, though). You can also use that DLC on any account on the same PS3 as the one you bought the content with. Another thing to consider is that any DLC for LBP automatically transfers to LBP2, so if you bought anything for LBP, you want to buy LBP2 from the same region.

CrazedProfessional said:
God I hope the 3DS is 300-350, My tradeins will atleast take 100 bucks off that. 200-250 ant so bad >_>. 400 is fucking suicide though.
It's possible, but seriously unlikely. Why not join us in our import quest? The only real negatives are not being able to impulse purchase and not being able to receive 3DS games as gifts from people (unless they are savvy enough to import). For this sacrifice, you'll save $150 on the console, save about $20 on most games and play many games weeks earlier.

Fredescu

evlcookie said:
You're not fucked, I've never heard of someone not getting their account back. I have a feeling it's going to take a while though.

Clipper

Hmm, I just thought of one more negative about importing after having a look at one of the 3DS threads. It is possible that the StreetPass function may not work between games from different regions. This means it possible you might only receive data from other importers that you pass when you have your 3DS with you out on the street. We won't know whether this works or not until launch.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I have contacted steam support and said im guessing its a charge back issue that i didnt authorise so what can i do to resolve this.

Waiting on a reply. Lets see how long that takes ;D

I confirmed it was a charge back issue this morning, double checked my statement. Can you reverse a charge back? Haha, find out soon i guess.

Choc

Banned
cryp should be banned for internet detective but he probably won't be

two things

1) Was the person you spoke to Chris G, if not, fail. Most of the staff there were from an events management company who only know one or two at EA. The PC's were from a Hire IT which is why the guy was so protective, if they go back in anyway damaged, costs.

2) It was meant to be a retailers event that turned into something else after a request. It wasn't planned well, but generally this is what events are like

Due to a number of incidents in the past latest preview code is not used (we'd prefer it not to be stolen and put on the internet thanks, this has happened before) so you get 'public' builds

demos, and final copies etc.

Choc

Banned
on a less angry and lighter note

Little Big planet is awesome. and the stuff people have made is already better then lbp1

i totally ignored the MM levels, and jumped into community stuff, found a home run derby, go kart racing game, first person shooter, jumping game

so much different stuff

rass

Choc said:
on a less angry and lighter note

Little Big planet is awesome. and the stuff people have made is already better then lbp1

i totally ignored the MM levels, and jumped into community stuff, found a home run derby, go kart racing game, first person shooter, jumping game

so much different stuff
I put off the urge to get lbp2 yesterday because I'm going away for a few days today. Next Tuesday it will be mine! Maybe.

I uninstalled CS:S, it was slowly ruining my productivity. Literally addicted :(

Danoss

evlcookie said:
Can you reverse a charge back? Haha, find out soon i guess.
I guess you could just offer to pay for whatever got charged back again.

It's a shame that happened man, hopefully you get a quick resolution.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I assume with a reverse payment i can just give them the money i took back. I'm surprised they can't just remove the games i claimed to have taken out and still given me use of my account.

Otherwise since it's a bank fuckup. I could file a complaint, bring in all my steam receipts and say this is what you owe me for this particular error your guys have caused. I guess there's little chance of that working but it's a last resort if i can't get steam to co-op with me.

Wonder what the average time is for replies to steam tickets. Almost as bad as WoW ones so far ;D

Choc

Banned
cookie usually when a chargeback occurs via an internet transaction, the other company believes that an account was hacked or false

that account usually is perma banned you will find it hard to get it back :(

as well as this, the credit card which was charged back now gets added to a black list that a number of internet merchants have access to

they will all block that card

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The card has been cancelled and i have a new one with a new number. Although i also have the same card number as a new card. I'm guessing they had it ready to go since my old card was due to expire this month and shipped it a few weeks ago, Idiots.

So now i have 2 cards for one account. I was going to wait until my fraud crap all clears and then get one removed. I've been using the new numbered one for current purchases.

I doubt i will get it back to be honest. I think charge backs pretty much screw your steam account royally. The fact that it was done by the bank when i instructed them which transactions exactly were fraud over the ~2 week period pisses me off a bit. They could have looked at my transaction history and noticed i buy shit from valve every now and again.

The thing that's really annoying is the lack of communication between the bank and myself. I haven't gotten a single phone call regarding anything since i put in the fraud claim and got my card cancelled. I had to call up and find out if my new card was at the bank ffs.

Clipper said:
It's possible, but seriously unlikely. Why not join us in our import quest? The only real negatives are not being able to impulse purchase and not being able to receive 3DS games as gifts from people (unless they are savvy enough to import). For this sacrifice, you'll save $150 on the console, save about $20 on most games and play many games weeks earlier.

I'm waiting to see how UK prices shape before I look into it. Region Locking sucks so no US 3DS for me.

Fredescu

evlcookie said:
I doubt i will get it back to be honest. I think charge backs pretty much screw your steam account royally.
Not actually true. It's just going to take some time. The only way you won't get it back is if you give up.

giri

evlcookie said:
The card has been cancelled and i have a new one with a new number. Although i also have the same card number as a new card. I'm guessing they had it ready to go since my old card was due to expire this month and shipped it a few weeks ago, Idiots.

So now i have 2 cards for one account. I was going to wait until my fraud crap all clears and then get one removed. I've been using the new numbered one for current purchases.

I doubt i will get it back to be honest. I think charge backs pretty much screw your steam account royally. The fact that it was done by the bank when i instructed them which transactions exactly were fraud over the ~2 week period pisses me off a bit. They could have looked at my transaction history and noticed i buy shit from valve every now and again.

The thing that's really annoying is the lack of communication between the bank and myself. I haven't gotten a single phone call regarding anything since i put in the fraud claim and got my card cancelled. I had to call up and find out if my new card was at the bank ffs.

Nah, it's not that hard to get fixed. Steam are pretty good about it too. The people that are harder to deal with are the banks.

Choc

Banned
your bank are morons, why would they give you hte exact same credit card number when they know its been hacked

any site that does not require CVV will still be able to use the hacked card number

fuckin tools

legend166

Steam Support is notoriously slow and crappy. It's the only part of their company which seems crap. It's a shame, too, because it's extremely important considering they can take away all your games at a moments notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom