• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
legend166 said:
Steam Support is notoriously slow and crappy. It's the only part of their company which seems crap. It's a shame, too, because it's extremely important considering they can take away all your games at a moments notice.

Yea. I don't even have an email from valve saying my account has been disabled for xyz with any instructions on how to fix it.

Always annoying when a company is pushing one area and completely forgetting about another. I'm fine with most things can be solved via users on the forums but when your account is up shit creek, they can't do a damn thing.

Ydahs

legend166 said:
Steam Support is notoriously slow and crappy. It's the only part of their company which seems crap. It's a shame, too, because it's extremely important considering they can take away all your games at a moments notice.
Really? The couple times I've used it they replied in less than 24 hours. Granted, that was several years ago and they might be struggling to keep up with new growth.

seanoff

just listening to the news, and i've worked out why qld wanted flooding.

Brisbane, Towoomba and Ipswich are being fast tracked onto the NBN this year, well done qld, a most cunning plan. try not to rub it in.

seriously, a small silver lining for some of you after the shitiness of the flooding.

Mar

I find it funny the disconnect between developers, publishers and writers. All of them seem to hate each other and yet we are all game players. Is there a real reason for it? I don't think so. I just think the industry is full of immature people who have a big whinge when someone else thinks differently to how they do.

Choc

Banned
seanoff said:
just listening to the news, and i've worked out why qld wanted flooding.

Brisbane, Towoomba and Ipswich are being fast tracked onto the NBN this year, well done qld, a most cunning plan. try not to rub it in.

seriously, a small silver lining for some of you after the shitiness of the flooding.

as soon as the floods hit i said, SURELY SOMEONE must have the braniac idea of not rebuilding the copper and putting the NBN in instead, makes sense. and finally someone did

also on that site mar there is interesting comments such as when a game magazine hypes the shit out of a game only to give it a poor score at the end. I've been guilty of that before (due to listening to 'oh its going to be fixed in the final product' crap that came out of a now out the industry persons mouth) and im sure Gaz was as well.

legend166

Ydahs said:
Really? The couple times I've used it they replied in less than 24 hours. Granted, that was several years ago and they might be struggling to keep up with new growth.

There's a guy in the Steam thread who said it took a year to get his account back.

They've basically got a absolute, 100%, no tolerance policy on charge backs. Which protects them, but it's ridiculous in situations like cookie's, where he wasn't at fault at all.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Choc said:
problem for cookie is i imagine he bought tons of shit for $5 that is now $30 (Sales)

so he cant just rebuy it all :(

Most were probably shit though and not really worth it lol.

Some were tied to my account being steamworks titles but most weren't. Of course i don't have my serial numbers which could be a bitch if i wanted to install and play but there should be a way to figure those out. Maybe i can enter offline mode and try log into my disabled account.

Something to mess with over the weekend i guess.

MrSerrels

Mar said:
I find it funny the disconnect between developers, publishers and writers. All of them seem to hate each other and yet we are all game players. Is there a real reason for it? I don't think so. I just think the industry is full of immature people who have a big whinge when someone else thinks differently to how they do.

You forgot the retailers!

Developers get pissy at publishers
Publishers get pissy at writers
Retailers get pissy at publishers
Publishers get pissy at developers
etc etc

It's like a giant fucked up version of rock paper scissors.

But in the end its a weird relationship, everyone has to work with each other, so they have to get along.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
jambo said:
When my account got hijacked I got it back within 16 hours =P

Not hijacked though. I'm guessing if it was then the response would be quicker. They probably look at this as a personal choice to charge back purchases and by doing that i knew the consequences that came with it.

Got a reply. Guess i need to hit up the bank and see if they can cancel the charge back, if they are able to i should be ok.

It was over kayne and lynch 2 and the indi pack. Crappy purchases lol

Wait what. I purchased kayne and lynch 2 back in november. There's no way this chargeback could be over those purchases. It would have been during the christmas period. The K&L2 purchase also went through steampowered.com london. The fuck?

Maccas

When I got hit with cc fraud years ago the some companies reissued charges. If you could get your bank to not screw up then get steam to charge again (if they do that) it should fix the problem.

I know I went absolutely mental when two companies re-charged fraudulent transactions, which then overdrew my account as I'd taken all my money out of that account just in case. Lucky my bank was pretty awesome about it all.

Choc

Banned
i am addicted to gamejournos.com

seriously, i have not done much else today, its amazing how many 'mistakes' or silly comments can be made

of course its totally taken out of context and like Clipper said its media watch for game journos but man, what a site.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Aon said:
So cookie are you going to make a temp account as to enjoy the frivolities of Ausgaf?

Of course. Maybe i will make an evlbank account just for fun.

The bank couldn't do anything so now i need to call up some other part of the bank and see which fuckwit issued the charge backs. I also need to make up a phone banking number, who the fuck uses phone banking!

MrSerrels

Choc said:
i am addicted to gamejournos.com

seriously, i have not done much else today, its amazing how many 'mistakes' or silly comments can be made

of course its totally taken out of context and like Clipper said its media watch for game journos but man, what a site.

It's the kind of site I laugh at, but God forbid I end up on there. :cry

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
If I end up on their I won't care, I'm don't considering myself a gaming journalist. Least until all the event flights and bribes start coming in amiright?

Guy points out the irrational hate of the Wii in the gaming media well though.

Choc

Banned
yeah serrells your US friends @ kotaku are getting slammed on it

:)

i mean, having been on the journo side of things there is a few things that can't be helped, but reading his blog posts are VERY interesting. Not that i think game journalists are hacks (hey i used to do it), but the perception is interesting.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
2011 is the year meta-game journalism discussion has died for me. I'm just done. I couldn't possibly care less about what Joe Internet is writing on a blog. It's an unending loop I've cycled around a million times in the past-year alone.

MrSerrels

Rez said:
2011 is the year meta-game journalism discussion has died for me. I'm just done. I couldn't possibly care less about what Joe Internet is writing on a blog. It's an unending loop I've cycled around a million times in the past-year alone.

I've really enjoyed getting out of the magazine loop - because mags basically just write about product. With Kotaku I've got the opportunity to write about issues, so that's made a real difference for me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, I mean I'm all for reading great content, I'm just sick of the 'critiquing the critics' (or in this case bloggers and the like) angle across everything from movies to games. I've overdosed on it.

legend166

I don't even consume video game media any more. Whether that's podcasts, reviews, previews, news, anything. You'll even struggle to get me to watch trailers.

I'm still playing games as much as ever though (well, relatively when you take into account I now work 8 hours a day).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Well sounds like it will take up to a week or more for the things to be reversed. Let's see if they are able to get it done and if valve picks up on it.

Will shoot valve another email with an update, Hopefully i can keep the ticket open and get this shit resolved.

I do find it odd that they aren't complaining about the three other charge backs that have been issued.

Also what sort of shoe store name is man begger thief.

jambo

Choc said:
4/63

nice to see Australia back to its shit house self, with the world cup team as well!
4/86, still salvageable, no need to be so pessimistic.

Come on Aussie come on, come on.
Come on Aussie come on.

So I'm watching the cricket and a Bunnings Warehouse ad comes up. And then I notice something about the bloke talking on it.

He looks exactly like Michael Pachter.

And what's even wierder?

His name is Michael.

Dead Man

Clipper said:
The DLC is sort of region locked in the same way that almost all games' DLC works. You can only download/buy stuff from PSN accounts in the same region as the game. If you bought a US LBP2, you would need to buy any DLC with a US account (you can set up a US account on a PS3 from any region, though). You can also use that DLC on any account on the same PS3 as the one you bought the content with. Another thing to consider is that any DLC for LBP automatically transfers to LBP2, so if you bought anything for LBP, you want to buy LBP2 from the same region.

It's possible, but seriously unlikely. Why not join us in our import quest? The only real negatives are not being able to impulse purchase and not being able to receive 3DS games as gifts from people (unless they are savvy enough to import). For this sacrifice, you'll save $150 on the console, save about $20 on most games and play many games weeks earlier.
Cool, thanks. No US Lim Ed for me at $99 then :(

evlcookie said:
Well sounds like it will take up to a week or more for the things to be reversed. Let's see if they are able to get it done and if valve picks up on it.

Will shoot valve another email with an update, Hopefully i can keep the ticket open and get this shit resolved.

I do find it odd that they aren't complaining about the three other charge backs that have been issued.

Also what sort of shoe store name is man begger thief.
Damn, hope it gets sorted for you. I don't play many games on Steam, but the ones I do play I would miss a great deal.

Deeku

legend166 said:
I don't even consume video game media any more. Whether that's podcasts, reviews, previews, news, anything. You'll even struggle to get me to watch trailers.

I'm still playing games as much as ever though (well, relatively when you take into account I now work 8 hours a day).
I don't see myself playing any games when I graduate and start working next year. Gonna try and get the most out of 2011.

jambo

commanderdeek said:
I don't see myself playing any games when I graduate and start working next year. Gonna try and get the most out of 2011.
Really? Wow. I've been working full time for the last 4 and a half years and it would've sucked without video games.

Clipper

Dead Man said:
Cool, thanks. No US Lim Ed for me at $99 then :(
I'm guessing you don't want to hear that mightyape.com.au had the Australian Collector's Edition up for AU$99.99 with free shipping then...

They still have the normal edition for $89.99.

Dead Man

Clipper said:
I'm guessing you don't want to hear that mightyape.com.au had the Australian Collector's Edition up for AU$99.99 with free shipping then...

They still have the normal edition for $89.99.
AGH! No! Thanks anyway!

legend166

commanderdeek said:

It helps I have no other life :p

Also, Shaun Marsh = awesome.

And, we booked our first hotel for Europe. In Salzburg.

23551_370150111388_370107136388_4217048_5008378_n.jpg

:D

Dead Man

Clipper said:
The DLC is sort of region locked in the same way that almost all games' DLC works. You can only download/buy stuff from PSN accounts in the same region as the game. If you bought a US LBP2, you would need to buy any DLC with a US account (you can set up a US account on a PS3 from any region, though). You can also use that DLC on any account on the same PS3 as the one you bought the content with. Another thing to consider is that any DLC for LBP automatically transfers to LBP2, so if you bought anything for LBP, you want to buy LBP2 from the same region.
So if I bought the EU version, that should work fine, right? Since we share the PSN store with them?

Edit: I know these are basic questions, sorry.

Clipper

Dead Man said:
So if I bought the EU version, that should work fine, right? Since we share the PSN store with them?

Edit: I know these are basic questions, sorry.
Yes. You can buy off the Aussie store using the Euro version of the game.

Dead Man

Clipper said:
Yes. You can buy off the Aussie store using the Euro version of the game.
Thanks! GF gets the plushie then, I guess! As long as the DLC from LBP carries over, and the Aussie PSN store will work, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks. I haven't been able to find an Aussie edition anywhere.

Clipper

Dead Man said:
Thanks! GF gets the plushie then, I guess! As long as the DLC from LBP carries over, and the Aussie PSN store will work, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks. I haven't been able to find an Aussie edition anywhere.
You can still get the plushie from an EU store? I thought it was a pre-order bonus only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom