• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
teekun said:
So is there any Aussie release of Dead Space 2 that comes with a code for Extraction? Or is that a US only thing? I can't find any info on it anywhere.

PS3 Collectors Edition

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Congrats Burn, Although you could either goto a place of rain and hooligans or the heat with hicks. Maybe your work doesn't like you?

Clipper is officially ausgaf steam chats new victim, dude can't leave ;D

Does anyone know of other large AU community websites that talk about a broad range of topics? WP has a lifestyle / finance section and i would be interested in reading similar stuff from other people. I can't seem to find anything on ocau or atomic and for some reason i've drawn a blank on anything else.

Choc

Banned
teekun said:
Is that being sold everywhere? JB seems to be only listing the Limited Edition, which is different isn't it?

yes the LE is different and cheaper

it has Ignition for download

the CE has extraction

I really should idle in steam chat more often. I'm so shy and socially awkward though, and I swear that last time I visited everyone was looking at me funny.

Bernbaum

Fredescu said:
Now that's commitment.
Hah! The ultimate role-playing experience
just shy of cosplaying as Femshep

teekun said:
What part of Texas was it? Most of it is shit, but if it was Austin, you may have made a terrible mistake.
Goddamn Houston.

My old boss was a palaeontologist from Texas, I love Friday Night Lights and could totally do with a dose of hardcore conservative middle America. But no, not Houston.

teekun

Bernbaum said:
Goddamn Houston.

My old boss was a palaeontologist from Texas, I love Friday Night Lights and could totally do with a dose of hardcore conservative middle America. But no, not Houston.

Oh man, you definitely made the right choice. Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth are both terrible shitholes and you'd be better off never having to visit, let alone live in, either.

Austin's a fantastic city, though, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it's doing in Texas.

Omikron

evlcookie said:
I don't think so. Did we ever get any resolution to it all? I went to sleep early, I'm guessing he didn't hit splitsville?

I have no idea. I was like, playing games or something evil instead of chatting. :p

Fredescu said:
After six hours of it yesterday, I kinda regret mentioning here already :p

Haha. :p Oh teenage drama hey?

Hang on... cold is a teen yes?....

Choc

Banned
Bern

make sure to choose a Premier League team and watch some games :)

Don't choose West Ham as they won't be in the premier league next season will they omi ;)

jambo

Well I was going to go to the cricket with some mates on Australia Day, but they have to stay home and clean their house up for insepction, cause we finally got a place to move in to! Should be in the new house in the next 2-3 weeks =D

Omikron

Choc said:
thats right mr west ham, completely ignore the troll :p

I am pretty immune to trolls. But, then again, supporting West Ham does involve developing a rather thick skin. ;)

PS> Go to West Ham games Bern. Its a higher plane of existance for sure.

Clipper

I finally became a Wii Ambassador to my 10th Wii over the weekend and have been given every Nintendo-published game on the VC for free, which is pretty cool. I originally thought I'd get all the NES games, but all the Nintendo ones are enough. Time to try out some Devil World and Clu Clu Land.

On a related note, rass and jambo, check your PMs. The games you reserved from my list are available now for you to claim, but we need to do the friend code thing first.

Kritz

Banned
FYI, dark heresy's going pretty well. Aon, clipper, remz and myself played the first part in Aon's campaign and we all seem to be enjoying it.

I also meaks a drawing of my dude:

P_Kritz.png

Stackboy

Australia Day I'm going to be swimming in a pool, drinking james squires and arguing about the hottest 100 with my friends.

Then having thursday to recover.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:
I finally became a Wii Ambassador to my 10th Wii over the weekend and have been given every Nintendo-published game on the VC for free, which is pretty cool. I originally thought I'd get all the NES games, but all the Nintendo ones are enough. Time to try out some Devil World and Clu Clu Land.

On a related note, rass and jambo, check your PMs. The games you reserved from my list are available now for you to claim, but we need to do the friend code thing first.

Awesome work man.

I got invited to an Australia Day thing for once... by a girl... things are so backwards...

Nemesis_

teekun said:
So is there any Aussie release of Dead Space 2 that comes with a code for Extraction? Or is that a US only thing? I can't find any info on it anywhere.

The first print that EB/JB stocks will be the limited edition. This is PS3 only, and will include codes for Extraction.

Ydahs said:
Is that the one with Kane (WWE wrestler)? If so, are you sure it's shot in Melbourne? Never knew that...
My mistake, it was called Evil Never Dies. It has Katherine Heigl in it.

It was definitely Melbourne uni, hard to mistake after 4 years. The movie had an eerie un-American college atmosphere to it with a dash of the low budget muteness.

Don't tracking it down, it was awful and not in the enjoyable way like Undefeatable.

Yagharek

elektrixx said:
Have any of you used the 15% off Zavvi code from the Cheap Arse Gaffer thread? I want to know if it works when delivering here.

Dont use zavvi. Shocking customer service and sloooooooooow postage times (if anything actually arrives)

trinest

RandomVince said:
Dont use zavvi. Shocking customer service and sloooooooooow postage times (if anything actually arrives)
They are part of The Hut group- and the The Hut is awesome. The times I have delt with Zavvi itself have been alright- where has all this resent hate came from.

Yagharek

trinest said:
They are part of The Hut group- and the The Hut is awesome. The times I have delt with Zavvi itself have been alright- where has all this resent hate came from.

6 out of my 10 orders have been over a month in arriving. There will be no 11th order.

Has anyone ever returned something to Amazon before? I'm just wondering whether sending my mother's defective Kindle via Australia Post is a bad idea. I really don't want to fork out for Fedex...

commanderdeek said:
On the subject of The Hut, has anyone pre-ordered with them before?
I preordered with Zavvi once. The game was sent the day before worldwide release but still took two agonising weeks to arrive.

On Zavvi and Thehut, if you change the URL in any zavvi item from zavvi.com to thehut.com, you'll save tuppence on most items. You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom