• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It's a total must-buy if you've never played it before. It's so nice that we have a DS version now.

giri

Cohsae said:
And once again the Hottest 100 leaves me significantly underwhelmed.
If Jet Plane was no.1 i can safely assume the rest of the 100 is terrible also.

Weakest no.1 i can think of in recent memory, and there have been some terrible ones.

Gazunta

Christopher Lloyd will be at Brisbane and Melbourne Supanovas. I wonder how much they're going to charge for waiting in line for two hours to get an autograph and an awkward looking photo?

legend166

I'm seeing Sufjan Stevens tonight at the Opera House.

I think my sister is going to be wondering what the hell is going on considering the set list will mostly be made up of songs from his new album, which is this weird (but awesome) electronica, and she's only heard his older stuff.

D:

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mortgage repayments are expected to rise again by $200. Lame.

So i think i know what i want to learn in my spare time at work. The map of the earth so i can get more acquainted with where everything is and sign language. Not sure why on the second one, there was three old people on the train this morning using it though. There's a chance i may never have to use it but i'm thinking it would be neat to know.

jambo

giri said:
If Jet Plane was no.1 i can safely assume the rest of the 100 is terrible also.

Weakest no.1 i can think of in recent memory, and there have been some terrible ones.

I'd never heard it before, but I thought it was a great song. Lovely strings.

legend166 said:
I'm seeing Sufjan Stevens tonight at the Opera House.

I thought you wrote Cat Stevens for a second and got excited, then I realised what you actually wrote.

Gazunta said:
Christopher Lloyd will be at Brisbane and Melbourne Supanovas.
As much as I enjoyed Lloyd's performance in BTTF, I think it's actually pretty wooden. I think he's done a much better job of producing in recent years (e.g. Frasier, Modern Family are two that immediately come to mind).

legend166

jambo said:

I thought you wrote Cat Stevens for a second and got excited, then I realised what you actually wrote.

And then got even more excited?

giri

jambo said:

I should cliff note my statement that i hate soft rock and find it a boring waste of time. He basically just moans "on a jet plane" for 4 minutes with out a chorus, with out a high point, a lot of low points, and could be used in an elevator and no one would remember it.

It's also why i can't stand something for kate.

If you have to moan that long just go take a shit and relieve your self. Don't spew the shit into a microphone.

Mar

giri said:
I should cliff note my statement that i hate soft rock and find it a boring waste of time. He basically just moans "on a jet plane" for 4 minutes with out a chorus, with out a high point, a lot of low points, and could be used in an elevator and no one would remember it.

It's also why i can't stand something for kate.

If you have to moan that long just go take a shit and relieve your self. Don't spew the shit into a microphone.

All forms of music can be described in such basic ways, whatever your preferred genre.

I'm pretty damn tired right now... Crystal Castles on Tuesday night (which was incredible), then BDO the day after. I never was interested in Rammstein before but they were absolutely amazing. But then TOOL came on and blew them away in the first song. Being a TOOL fan, I honestly never expected that to happen. I've seen TOOL 2 times before and was never overly impressed with their live sets. Last night was very different though.

I've been invited to join a new project too which I can't talk about yet, but that's pretty exciting. It's kind of cool to know people actually read all the crap I write on the internet, and some even like it too. Crazy.

It's been a great couple of days.

giri

Mar said:
All forms of music can be described in such basic ways, whatever your preferred genre.

I'm pretty damn tired right now... Crystal Castles on Tuesday night (which was incredible), then BDO the day after. I never was interested in Rammstein before but they were absolutely amazing. But then TOOL came on and blew them away in the first song. Being a TOOL fan, I honestly never expected that to happen. I've seen TOOL 2 times before and was never overly impressed with their live sets. Last night was very different though.

I've been invited to join a new project too which I can't talk about yet, but that's pretty exciting. It's kind of cool to know people actually read all the crap I write on the internet, and some even like it too. Crazy.

It's been a great couple of days.
You still at UNSW? i know you talk about leaving all the time (or used to?)

Aon

I am fundamentally envious of your enjoyment of a thing and instead of attempting to join you in that joy I shall attempt to make your life less valid. AHA

Omikron

Rez said:
I'm a reasonable man. Get off my case.

I would be the last person here to have a crack at someones musical tastes.

I even find enjoyment in Ulver's album Nattens Madrigal, beautiful in its utter bleakness.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
commanderdeek said:
Rez, you are awesome.

I will see you in the next life.
I'm glad someone got it, I was worried it was too subtle. I was about to just bust out a Creep quote and ruin it.

Agyar

Any BrisGAFfers want to take their gaming offline and come along to the King George Square games night tonight? I'll be there, meeting a few people from my board gaming circle and playing some different stuff.

Fredescu

Mar said:
I've been invited to join a new project too which I can't talk about yet, but that's pretty exciting. It's kind of cool to know people actually read all the crap I write on the internet, and some even like it too.
I, for one, read and enjoy all the crap you write. Looking forward to seeing what your new project is.

Agyar said:
Any BrisGAFfers want to take their gaming offline and come along to the King George Square games night tonight? I'll be there, meeting a few people from my board gaming circle and playing some different stuff.
The who to the what now? I was going to go have a drink with a friend over at Manabar.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bernbaum said:
Amnesiac is a collection of all the average-to-mediocre leftovers that would have ruined Kid A.
on some days, I actually prefer Amnesiac because the above is true~

teekun

So the iPhone Dead Space game is fantastic. It's pretty amazing how well they've been able to capture all the gameplay from the console games into such a tiny device.

And to top it all off, it was developed by IronMonkey Studios, who are based right here in Melbourne. Always happy to support a local developer, especially when the game they put out is so good.

Agyar

http://www.facebook.com/games.at

http://gamesnightkgs.weebly.com/

It's a monthly board games night, sponsored by the Brisbane City Council and held in King George Square. I've never been before but a few people from my regular gaming circle I know are regular attendees. Apparently there's a whole lot of tables set up, as well as a giant board game or two and people bring their own games along and play.

Appears to be a mix of old school games (Scrabble, Monopoly etc) and the new favourites (eg Carcassonne).

Anyone is welcome, even if you haven't played a board game since Cluedo.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, the Melbourne-based thing is good, but I'm more likely to support them because they took the Adjective-Animal 90s studio naming convention by the balls and went with it.

Agyar

Rez said:
I mean, the Melbourne-based thing is good, but I'm more likely to support them because they took the Adjective-Animal 90s studio naming convention by the balls and went with it.

Incorporating "Abjective Animal" immediately.

Choc

Banned
tumblr_l1z0hdzrNW1qz80cmo1_500.jpg

had to post this, so true.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sorry Choc, my site doesn't look like shit.

And Flood Levy? Fuck off, pay for it out of the 5 billion slush fund we have setup for 'in case shit happens'. Julia, shit happened, fucking using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom