• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
Blame the fucking government for giving QLD way to much GST under the howard regime thats what the problem was. NSW commited the most GST to the public purse and got the least back, one reason NSW is fucked.

thats what funded queensland 8c less per litre petrol

its not queenslanders fault they got to much gst, it was the Federal Government and Queensland Governments fault

this is why NSW and other states are now pissed with QLD.

we need to fix and help QLD, but this isnt winning julia friends.

Choc

Banned
Rez said:
come the fuck on. don't insult the public's intelligence.

sad thing is rez this is how the common man thinks. Tons of people on news forums saying they will now not donate if this levy comes in.

giri

Choc said:
Blame the fucking government for giving QLD way to much GST under the howard regime thats what the problem was. NSW commited the most GST to the public purse and got the least back, one reason NSW is fucked.

thats what funded queensland 8c less per litre petrol

its not queenslanders fault they got to much gst, it was the Federal Government and Queensland Governments fault

this is why NSW and other states are now pissed with QLD.

we need to fix and help QLD, but this isnt winning julia friends.
THATS why NSW is fucked? haven't the NSW governement spent roughly 1billion dollars on a sydney metro rail PLAN and still don't have a final plan in place? One of the best things about smh.com.au is reading about the utter corruption at the highest levels through out the NSW gov. Now i'm not saying qld isn't, or others, but the corruption task force that went through the NSW transport found hundred of millions just disappeared, offered a whole bunch of basic ideas to make sure it didn't happen again, and none were taken up. I'd start there.

I'm not sure about the explicit GST issues, i've never seen it raised on any site. And i read SMH daily.

Choc

Banned
no i agree giri its not the only reason, but its a fucking big one as to why we just had to sell our power infrastructure cheap to actually get shit built so the ridiculous amount of brownouts sydney has stops

Fredescu

giri said:
THATS why NSW is fucked? haven't the NSW governement spent roughly 1billion dollars on a sydney metro rail PLAN and still don't have a final plan in place? One of the best things about smh.com.au is reading about the utter corruption at the highest levels through out the NSW gov. Now i'm not saying qld isn't, or others, but the corruption task force that went through the NSW transport found hundred of millions just disappeared, offered a whole bunch of basic ideas to make sure it didn't happen again, and none were taken up. I'd start there.
That's all true and it's the fucking worst. Every new leader scraps old plans and implements new ones which costs millions upon millions each time.

giri

Choc said:
no i agree giri its not the only reason, but its a fucking big one as to why we just had to sell our power infrastructure cheap to actually get shit built so the ridiculous amount of brownouts sydney has stops
If you run across any of those articles, i'd love to read them (about the gst stuff). My understanding was that it was basically distributed by population.

I.E. Total pool of GST / Number of people.

Is the NSW complaint is that they put more into that pool, because they have more rich people spending more money?

jambo said:
I keep seeing Shaking my Head Daily.

SMH is one of the better papers around ><

Well, atleast they aren't taking their headlines straight from twitter.... yet.

Mar

giri said:
You still at UNSW? i know you talk about leaving all the time (or used to?)

Yep, still there. This new thing isn't going to give me any money though, just allows me to work with a bunch of known people in the industry, so that's why I'm excited.

Fredescu said:
I, for one, read and enjoy all the crap you write. Looking forward to seeing what your new project is.

Thanks man. It's a bit of a weird theme but one that interests me greatly. Be cool to see how it goes.

As for this tax thing. I don't really mind the idea behind it, but the precedent that is set is a concern. How many natural disasters do we have a year, and will we have to do this for every one of them from now on? In fact, I'd be surprised to see it removed once in place as it will always be required if the government isn't ensuring they have the surplus around for emergencies.

Hell, I could see them coming up with all sorts of reasons to keep it in place other than natural disasters. Like infrastructure. Who needs a toll when you can just tax from the source?

Choc

Banned
481807-flood-tax.jpg

giri

Mar said:
Yep, still there. This new thing isn't going to give me any money though, just allows me to work with a bunch of known people in the industry, so that's why I'm excited.

Thanks man. It's a bit of a weird theme but one that interests me greatly. Be cool to see how it goes.

As for this tax thing. I don't really mind the idea behind it, but the precedent that is set is a concern. How many natural disasters do we have a year, and will we have to do this for every one of them from now on? In fact, I'd be surprised to see it removed once in place as it will always be required if the government isn't ensuring they have the surplus around for emergencies.

Hell, I could see them coming up with all sorts of reasons to keep it in place other than natural disasters. Like infrastructure. Who needs a toll when you can just tax from the source?
I can see it being left in permanently, and them saying "well it's now going into a disaster relief fund saving pool, that will be used to pay for any new disaster that come along".

Video Games!

Mass Effect 2 is an amazing game. I have lots of favourite parts, but overall just amazing.

Also, Dragon Age on 360 is underwhelming, comfortable couch and ass cushions aside. Going to go back to my PC copy to play through before DA2 hits.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
giri said:
I can see it being left in permanently, and them saying "well it's now going into a disaster relief fund saving pool, that will be used to pay for any new disaster that come along".

That personally wouldn't bother me. I guess if it had a limit of say 5B and anything over gets put back into other areas like education as an example or public transport. Which would be strange since that's what our tax is meant to be doing before this but eh, I got nothing.

giri

Omi said:
I hate receiving books in the mail in this condition. Fuckers should learn to pack properly.

SWIPe.jpg
i still can't bring my self to like that seires :(

I get why people would like it, but i find it a bit infuriating personally.

Plus, he's setting him self up to do a Robert Jordon (die before he finishes the series).

Omikron

giri said:
i still can't bring my self to like that seires :(

I get why people would like it, but i find it a bit infuriating personally.

Plus, he's setting him self up to do a Robert Jordon (die before he finishes the series).

Yeah, agree with the first point, he seems to have found further distraction from finishing the next book from the TV series that is out this year.... meh.

Oh and I have not read 1 book of Wheel of Time....I dont' think I can be bothered tbh.

Gazunta

Choc said:
gaz where is your next comic ;_;
First time in 2 and a half years I don't update on time, and someone notices >_<

It'll be finished up tonight, got completely wiped out with this bug that's hit everyone else in this office yesterday and spent Australia day in a cold sweat on the couch. I really need to build up a buffer for this kind of thing :/

giri

Gazunta said:
First time in 2 and a half years I don't update on time, and someone notices >_<

It'll be finished up tonight, got completely wiped out with this bug that's hit everyone else in this office yesterday and spent Australia day in a cold sweat on the couch. I really need to build up a buffer for this kind of thing :/
What website do they get published on anyway? (out side of ausgaf)

Choc said:

Thats a fairly poorly written article. Doesn't really explain why QLD got so much of it. But IIRC, QLD is the second largest state, and WA the largest, so on the basis of one line from it that "it costs more in some states to deliver the same standard of living as everyone else", i can sort of see it. QLD has population living very spread out. so does WA. where SA tend to not be AS spread out.

It's also really old, from '04

Gazunta

giri said:
Bookmarked.

Do you own the URL? could sell it for a million dollars by now, surely!
Thanks! :)

Yep, I own it. Couldn't believe nobody thought of buying it before, it's a good Google term :)

Holy crap some URL appraisal site says gazunta.com is worth over 20 grand lol

Mar

Gazunta said:
I'm back in the top 10 in the world for Minotaur Rescue. Feels good man.

It really sucks that I can't even sympathy buy this game. iTunes won't allow me to download it because my phone is too old.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'd be staying off the gaming side for the next couple of hours, don't want to get hit in the face with Sony fanboys jizz.

Bernbaum

My personal favorite is the one with the survey a guy hands to a chick which asks what shape boobs she has there's a picture of three different boob-types she can select from. Classic.

Couldn't find it in the FWC archive and a google search would be an exercise in futility.

VOOK

Choc said:
so they did it huh

the PSP2 announced?

No but it probably will be. While us Nintendo fans enjoy a good press conference and keep it clean, Sony fans during their conference immediately turn to slinging the opposition in a vein attempt to save face.

When the 3DS was announced did anyone go 'LOL PSP'. You watch, happens everytime.

Also look for people who have gone 'lol 3DS too expensive' and then say some sort of variation of 'take my money' no matter how expensive it'll be.

VOOK said:
I'd be staying off the gaming side for the next couple of hours, don't want to get hit in the face with Sony fanboys jizz.
I'm going to refrain from posting too much, but I'm going to follow the thread to try to find a more compelling reason to not buy a 3DS preorder from Amazon.com

Because I wants it bad and the fact that it's launch hardware and that none of the launch games appeal to me at all just isn't cutting it.

Choc said:
if PSP2 has 3D then the meltdown that is coming will be epic
Like this.

Gazunta

Bernbaum said:
My personal favorite is the one with the survey a guy hands to a chick which asks what shape boobs she has there's a picture of three different boob-types she can select from. Classic.

Couldn't find it in the FWC archive and a google search would be an exercise in futility.
2009-12-29-WTWP-2.gif

I am working today, honest.

VOOK

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I'm going to refrain from posting too much, but I'm going to follow the thread to try to find a more compelling reason to not buy a 3DS preorder from Amazon.com

Because I wants it bad and the fact that it's launch hardware and that none of the launch games appeal to me at all just isn't cutting it.

Why does it always turn to a comparison? Can't you buy a system based on it's on merits?

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
Why does it always turn to a comparison? Can't you buy a system based on it's on merits?

when WA stops paying people ridiculous fuckloads of money, then we can afford both

until then we have to choose

;)

TEN BUCKS ITS NOT REGION LOCKED

VOOK said:
You silly man, I'm not talking about not buying a 3DS at all. I readily acknowledge that Nintendo made me its bitch even if I'm never giving NAL a cent ever again. I'm talking about preordering one and importing it with no games simply so I can own it and play AR games.

However, if the PSP2 (or whatever it ends up being called) has a 3D screen, it'll take the shine off the 3DS, meaning that I can do what I originally meant to do and buy it early next year.

They're going to be very different systems with very different games, but the thing that really has me chomping at the bit is glasses-less 3D.

And for the record, I agree with you about Sony fanboys. I put it down to the kinds of games released on Sony platforms and how they differ from Nintendo platforms. It means that the personality type who becomes a Sony fanboy is going to be more aggressive (and more teenage male) than your average Nintendo fanboy.

VOOK

Choc said:
mining companies.

Paying abhorrent wages for the most ridiculous tasks.

Yeah I know a few people who are doing that, oh well when the mines run out they'll be education-less bums wiping up floors and what not.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
You silly man, I'm not talking about not buying a 3DS at all. I readily acknowledge that Nintendo made me its bitch even if I'm never giving NAL a cent ever again. I'm talking about preordering one and importing it with no games simply so I can own it and play AR games.

However, if the PSP2 (or whatever it ends up being called) has a 3D screen, it'll take the shine off the 3DS, meaning that I can do what I originally meant to do and buy it early next year.

They're going to be very different systems with very different games, but the thing that really has me chomping at the bit is glasses-less 3D.

And for the record, I agree with you about Sony fanboys. I put it down to the kinds of games released on Sony platforms and how they differ from Nintendo platforms. It means that the personality type who becomes a Sony fanboy is going to be more aggressive (and more teenage male) than your average Nintendo fanboy.

Apologies. Why wouldn't you import at least one US Game though, even if it's just Nintendogs or Ridge Racer or something just to show off? The AR Games are nice, but will bore you in like 5 minutes.

I'm gonna be honest in a years time, the 3DS having glass-less 3D is going to mean less than it does now. Not that I think it's bad, just that once it's commonplace, people won't care anymore. More so as you say if the PSP2 has it as well.

Also you're spot on in the last paragraph.

Omi said:
We could also live in a land where we all hold hands in skip through a field of daisies....

Land of Chocolate?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I find fanboys from each side to be batshit insane. To suggest one is better than the other i find hilarious.

The only reasons to stay up for E3 conferences is for the meltdowns and just random ass hattery. The announcements themselves are usually so so and predictable.

I don't think either side is civil at all and that goes for the PC side as well.

VOOK said:
Apologies. Why wouldn't you import at least one US Game though, even if it's just Nintendogs or Ridge Racer or something just to show off? The AR Games are nice, but will bore you in like 5 minutes.
But I don't like Nintendogs or Ridge Racer. I just want one for the SHINY THREEE DEEEEE. If I manage to wait a while before buying, the shinyness will have worn off and there'll be some games released for it that are worth playing.

Also, I'm getting married in six months or so. I'm supposed to be conserving my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom