• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

Every second line contains an exaggeration. Every third line is in all caps. Source material must never be referenced. They generally have a theme of moral indignation, but this is optional.

jambo said:
In New York there is no air conditioning in the subway, so it's fucking disgusting on 30+ days, and trains break down a lot!

I took a total of one subway in NYC when we went last year. Got on from midtown to go south to wall st and battery park mid-morning. As we neared our stop, a dude in a wheelchair rolls on and then announces in a loud, slightly belligerent voice "I'm not a hustler, I've just had bad luck," etc.
Basically he uses the train between stops to ask for money from his captive audience. The carriage is deathly quiet as he wheels up the length of the carriage. The only thing that would have made it more tense is if his wheels had been slightly squeaky.

Not many people gave him money because I think they see a lot of it. Still, the guys who take the train everyday looked just as uncomfortable as we did.

You can tell I don't take public transport very often. Maybe that's also why I don't give too much of a fuck about NGP or 3DS.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
markot said:
Is the 560 retailing at 300ish at most places? Worth it over a 460 for like 100 bucks less?

560 is around $300 and the 6950 is around $330ish. You could unlock the 6950 into a 6970 and be awesome but that $30 and risk might not be worth it.

560 review is here - http://www.anandtech.com/show/4135/nvidias-geforce-gtx-560-ti-upsetting-the-250-market . I think the 6950 is meant to be better but read up as always and see if the price difference justifies it to you.

And as always you can search for prices on staticice.

Agyar

Just bought Magicka on Steam after seeing it mentioned on Twitter and glancing at some screenshots. $10 is a pretty small barrier to get over.

Will give it a whirl, perhaps some multiplayer will be on the cards but I need a new mic for my PC.

Salazar

legend166 said:
Everyone needs to go see True Grit. It's so good.

I hate going to the movies on Saturdays when schoolkids go.

And I hate the fact that I hate going to the movies on Saturdays, because it feels like the early onset of middle-aged crankiness.

Which it might well be.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
legend166 said:
Black Swan is first on my list, but then right after I'll see this.

Salazar said:
I hate going to the movies on Saturdays when schoolkids go.

And I hate the fact that I hate going to the movies on Saturdays, because it feels like the early onset of middle-aged crankiness.

Which it might well be.

Gold Class is the best way to avoid kids.

Kirby102

CryptiK said:
Ladies, Gentlemans I ahve returned you may all continue suffering have a nice day

Anywho in other news getting my first SLR :D

lolol, welcome back :D I too am getting my first SLR, though it's for uni >_> Doing photography this semester, hopefully it won't rape me up the ass.

Aon

Agyar said:
Just bought Magicka on Steam after seeing it mentioned on Twitter and glancing at some screenshots. $10 is a pretty small barrier to get over.

Will give it a whirl, perhaps some multiplayer will be on the cards but I need a new mic for my PC.

Me and Kritz got a game of this going earlier.

It was designed for Kritz. He completes it.

Danoss

CryptiK said:
Anywho in other news getting my first SLR :D
Nice! That's always exciting. I remember getting my first SLR, the (now ancient) Canon 300D.

Which one are you getting? I'm currently waiting for my camera shop to get new stock of the Canon 7D.

Kritz

Banned
jambo said:
Kritz and I built a home ^_^

We built an imaginary home for imaginary people in an imaginary planet to impress imaginary peers, and fought to our last imaginary breath against imaginary hoard of imaginary horrors from the imaginary night.

And the only thing we could never imagine,
was love.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think you need to use 11.1a and the old 10.10e(?) profiles for crossfire. Something like that, but you're more than welcome to give it a shot ;D

Shaneus

Might have to... fucking pissed with how unoptimised CFX support is with pretty much everything pre-2010. Shit, even NFSHP runs like a bag of arse with it enabled :/

Kritz

Banned
Best netbook for a sister starting uni, go.

Edit:
Budget is about $400 (parents are buying it) but could probably get them to go up $100-200 if I tried.

Looks like operation: megadrives pc is shit lets fix it was a success! The 6950 is amazing and seems to work perfectly fine. I'm not getting any artifacts or freezes except one that a hotfix seems to have fixed. Been playing Mass Effect 2's demo and Crysis demo and its running incredible.

edit: wtf is a 6985

Frawdder

Going away for a week is a pain when you try to catch up on everything, think I'm just going to have to skip this week and start fresh next week.

Anyway, stuff I did this past week for those that want to listen:
Flew to Brisbane to see Tool, who were amazing but probably could've played more of their more well known songs...or Parabola at least. Brisbane I do not like at all, so humid and sticky over there. Being an Adelaidian, high humidity is not something I'm used to and it was not the most comfortable feeling walking around the city with sweat dripping off me.

Flew to Sydney and climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge on Australia Day at twilight/night time. Got to sit on the bridge and watch the fireworks go off in Darling Harbour and in a few other areas around Sydney.

BDO on the 27th, Rammstein was the higlight for me. The show they put on was incredible. Also enjoyed seeing Tool again. Lupe Fiasco, Dead Letter Circus, Deftones and Birds Of Tokyo were also great.

Deftones concert last night capped a pretty amazing week. Hard to find a fault in their set and the crowd was right into it for the whole night. Great show.

I am so tired.

Also, Adelaide BDO this Friday, hopefully I have recovered by then (please don't be 42 like the last time I went).

So AusGAF, whatcha been up to?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Good lord frawd, I thought you were just going to see tool in bris, You're traveling around the damn country for music.

Crazy man, Glad you're enjoying it though.

legend166 said:
I second this.

BanShunsaku said:
Saw True Grit last night

A decent little western

But it's no Deadwood

I think they're too different to really compare. Deadwood is all about the gritty, unfliching realism, while True Grit is relatively light hearted and practically a black comedy.

Agyar

Planning on seeing True Grit tomorrow, already seen Black Swan and hoping to catch The Fighter and The King's Speech as well before they're out of cinemas. The King's Speech is definitely at the bottom of the list though.

I hate you Helena Bonham Carter.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
King's Speech is excellent. (I really liked Bolen-Carter, she is restrained in this)

Pikelet

I didn't like The King's Speech. The subject matter didn't really interest me and there was little drama. Some good performances though.

I found True Grit and 127 hours to be excellent though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom