• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agyar said:
Planning on seeing True Grit tomorrow, already seen Black Swan and hoping to catch The Fighter and The King's Speech as well before they're out of cinemas. The King's Speech is definitely at the bottom of the list though.

I hate you Helena Bonham Carter.

I liked Black Swan and loved The King's Speech, but I have basically zero interesting in seeing another overcoming the odds boxing movie (I presume that's what it's about, either way: meh).

And Bohnam-Carter is indeed great in The Kings Speech.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Pikelet said:
I didn't like The King's Speech. The subject matter didn't really interest me and there was little drama. Some good performances though.

I found True Grit and 127 hours to be excellent though
Is 127 hours out? Oh man, I forgot all about it. Looks like a lot of money is about to be wasted* by me soon.

Gazunta

I drew this one on the iPad. Every time I think I'm well enough to get in front of a PC again I end up feeling worse for a few hours. SO BORED AAAH.

2011-01-27-Reviewer-04.gif

In other news, is anyone in BrisGAF interested in a lot purchase of NES carts 2 meters tall? (stacked flat, that is).

Sooo it's AUD$69.95 for a 15 month sub for Playstation Plus until the 2nd of February.

With the cloud-saving rumours and potential NGP interactions (not to mention early access to the KZ3 demo!) I'm literally one positive post away from signing up. What say you Aus-GAF?

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
I drew this one on the iPad. Every time I think I'm well enough to get in front of a PC again I end up feeling worse for a few hours. SO BORED AAAH.

http://funnywebcomic.com/comics/2011-01-27-Reviewer-04.gif[IMG]

In other news, is anyone in BrisGAF interested in a lot purchase of NES carts 2 meters tall? (stacked flat, that is).[/QUOTE]
I don't mean to sound like a smartarse, but do you need to update the year or did you write that one a few weeks ago?

OneMoreQuestion said:
Sooo it's AUD$69.95 for a 15 month sub for Playstation Plus until the 2nd of February.

With the cloud-saving rumours and potential NGP interactions (not to mention early access to the KZ3 demo!) I'm literally one positive post away from signing up. What say you Aus-GAF?
JOIIINNN MEEEEE.

PSN: untoldhero

Axiom

I'm really enjoying Playstation Plus. The PS3 is in the lounge so everyone is always interested in either the free themes, icons or games that get 'delivered' every month. Which is odd since the only time anyone ever sees that stuff is when they aren't using PlayTV.

I'm mostly interesting in the discounts and specials.

I feel I got a lot more bang for my buck than my Gold subscription, but granted I barely play games with other people.

jambo

New house is pretty rad, Internet via phone is not so rad.

No big downloads, but at least it works.

hamchan said:
Hey AusGAF! Just finished watching Supernatural Season 5.

Is this the best show or the bestest show ever?
Neither by a long shot.

Shaneus

No probs :)

So, Melbournites... how you coping with the weather? Hopefully not going to Big Day Out. Feel sorry for the poor bastards who have to brave the heat to see some of the world's most boring bands.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
hamchan said:
Hey AusGAF! Just finished watching Supernatural Season 5.

Is this the best show or the bestest show ever?
Season 1and 2 were the best for what they were. Once it got too up its own ass with extra layers of fiction it just suffocated itself. It's one of the few shows where I preferred monster of the week shenanigans.

Bernbaum

I am about to copy all my save files from a 360 I no longer play one. I want to add them to my profile on another 360. In order to avoid the risk losing any data on my main console, I am copying save files piecemeal to a flash drive and copying them, instead of moving them, as opposed to copying the gamer profile on the old 360.

Just checking that this is a sound means of doing it and I won't lose anything or games won't have issues loading on the new console.

Thanks in advance.

Shaneus said:

So, Melbournites... how you coping with the weather? Hopefully not going to Big Day Out. Feel sorry for the poor bastards who have to brave the heat to see some of the world's most boring bands.

I'm going to a wedding. Hooray!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't know what to expect from Black Swan. The trailer looks so damn interesting, and the cast and crew seem top notch. It's hard for me to tell people why they should come see it with me. "What's it about?" "Well, I don't really know. I don't want to spoil it for myself. It's sort of about bal -- look... just trust me."

Looks like I'll be seeing True Grit tonight with the family and then Black Swan in a couple of days with some mates. And then 127 Hours in a couple of weeks. With all of that and The King's Speech not too long ago, it reminds me that I really love this time of year for movies. Oscar-bait season <3

I really need to get off my ass and buy Scott Pilgrim, Inception and The Social Network. I adored all three.

I find I'm less critical with movies than I am with games. Maybe it's because movies are just a much more refined form of entertainment. It's easy to bank on quality and only see the expectedly fantastic stuff.

Rez said:
I really don't know what to expect from Black Swan. The trailer looks so damn interesting, and the cast and crew seem top notch. It's hard for me to tell people why they should come see it with me. "What's it about?" "Well, I don't really know. I don't want to spoil it for myself. It's sort of about bal -- look... just trust me."

Looks like I'll be seeing True Grit tonight with the family and then Black Swan in a couple of days with some mates. And then 127 Hours in a couple of weeks. With all of that and The King's Speech not too long ago, it reminds me that I really love this time of year for movies. Oscar-bait season <3

I really need to get off my ass and buy Scott Pilgrim, Inception and The Social Network. I adored all three.

I find I'm less critical with movies than I am with games. Maybe it's because movies are just a much more refined form of entertainment. It's easy to bank on quality and only see the expectedly fantastic stuff.
Also a movie is much less of a commitment than a game (In time and money) so it's easier to shake off a bad movie.

Shaneus

Megadrive said:
I'm going to a wedding. Hooray!
My sister's wedding a few years back had weather very similar to today. Ceremony was at Queenscliff, reception at a winery nearby. Bugs EVERYfuckingWHERE. Hope it's a bearable day for you!

I'm spending most of today somewhat hungover, sculling Pepsi Max and trying to find adequate Handbrake settings for ripping my Futurama collection to MKV.

Well looks like im changing jobs. We have been forced to call fair trading and even Jody Mckay got involved (not sure why anyone contacted her really).

I'm pretty pissed off, my job basically involved taking disabled people on outings/holidays. Now im not sure if i will ever see any of them again and im also pissed at the way our employers were taking advantage of them (and us).

I might write more about it later, it's a long story so im not sure if anyone would be interested.

Shaneus

K, so after 6 hours of my PS3 being on in this weather (seriously, fuck you B-spec GT5. So, so fucking shit) the fan on my slim has almost reached 360-esque noise levels. Should I be worried?

Update: It's just wound down a little, after having a 12-inch (or so) desk fan blowing over it. But seriously, this game that requires you to leave your console on, unattended, for periods of up to 24 hours straight is fucking ridiculous. ARGH.

Ydahs

Shaneus said:

Went to Torquay after my nighter at Lorne and it really didn't feel too hot. Beach was beautiful.

Though tomorrow is going to be hard to cope with the heat. Uni from 9 to 4, footy training from 6 to 8. Hope there's a late change...

Shaneus

Fuck, it's going to be hot tomorrow too? I hadn't even checked. Trains are going to be hell, especially the loop :(

Mental note: Try to catch an earlier train, hope to finish early or something to avoid the heat/fuckheads.

Well i didn't go to the church, which was in the city. I'm currently at the reception and everything has been served, just waiting for my sister to drive me home. On the plus side, lots of eyecandy from the groom's family and friends. I'm so bored.

Gazunta

And here's the final game reviewer comic. If you want more, vote for his return at the site! Right now it looks like next week's theme will be "Old Video Game Jokes" so I better fire up the Amiga and get cracking.

Thanks to Aon for the help with the game title used in this one:

2011-01-28-Reviewer-05.gif

Axiom

Pervert Chocolate Bar having a 3 Stooges esque run of different jobs is my preference.

I loved the cooking show.

LittleBigPlanet 2 is pretty swell, but I doubt I'll ever be competent enough to make a decent level based on My Fair Lady

Gazunta

Thanks :) currently Henry The Sexually Perverted Chocolate Bar is trailing last in the votes, which means he won't be able to return for at least half a year unless more people don't vote for him before Monday afternoon. Democracy at work!

Omikron

So I get to work and the Liverpool fan in the office returns the glorious photo of Robbie Keane in a Spurs strip to my desk, the one I gave to him after the over the odds signing of him to Liverpool. Payback is a bitch haha.

rass

Megadrive said:
Speak for yourself. I'm still trying to shake off The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
I'm still trying to shake off "Mystery Men" after renting it as a new release :(
LBP2 is good as, if any of you want someone to play with/get the multiple person required stickers and shit add me - iamrass
I don't know if I'll do much in create mode, but I'm loving the story levels and the few community ones I've tried.

Anything good happen in the last 5 pages?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fuck me dead.

It could take up to 45 days for my valve money to be resent and if it doesn't go through after that period of time then valve don't want my stinking money and i'm screwed.

Guess i better email steam support and say accept it you noobs.

Fredescu

Why on earth does it take the bank 45 days to reverse their own mistake? Surely you can yell at a few people to get that shit escalated.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
Why on earth does it take the bank 45 days to reverse their own mistake? Surely you can yell at a few people to get that shit escalated.

This.

Get on the phone, get annoyed at the line you are spun and ask for their manager.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Who the heck knows, I'm pretty sure it's more of a wait time on valve or something like that. They have up to 45 days to accept it and if they don't then after that i'm screwed.

So maybe it's a mix of processing the fuck up and the merchant accepting the correction.

I've emailed valve and told them what's going on, asking if there's anything i can do to make sure this gets accepted. I'm sure they will respond with fuck all lol.

Choc

Banned
so what the fuck is going on with this government

they shit can all the green programs yet we still get a 25% power bill hike nationwide to pay for these green programs

um if the green programs don't exist, does that not mean the power 'levy' should not

fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom