• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
I think the power bill increases are meant to pay for new infrastructure... Whatever, the only saving grace of this gov is that the alternative is so scary....

Choc

Banned
AUSTRALIANS who claimed emergency aid for flood victims when all they suffered was a power outage are "low lifes", Treasurer Wayne Swan has said.
Centrelink payments of $1000 for adults and $400 for children were available to people without means testing, even if the only ill-effect the disaster had on them was 48 hours without power.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...es/story-fn7ik2te-1225997323088#ixzz1CZcEjATU

so don't offer it to people who only lost power for 48 hrs? If it's on offer people can take it........

One of the rules of that offer was, without power for 48 hrs or more. So they aren't low lifes they are claiming what they rightfully can because of your fucking mismanagement.

Cereal box journalism @ its best...

Mr Swan was in Brisbane with Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Premier Anna Bligh yesterday when the Australian cricketers beat England to secure the one-day series.
He told ABC radio that most of the punters he spoke to at the Gabba were comfortable with the levy despite several polls showing the majority of Australians oppose it.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...es/story-fn7ik2te-1225997323088#ixzz1CZcpo5Oy

ask queenslanders if qld should get more tax (i dont mind paying ok so dont shoot me) and get an answer yes

well of course you will get that answer in BRISBANE of all places.

Agyar

Choc said:
AUSTRALIANS who claimed emergency aid for flood victims when all they suffered was a power outage are "low lifes", Treasurer Wayne Swan has said.
Centrelink payments of $1000 for adults and $400 for children were available to people without means testing, even if the only ill-effect the disaster had on them was 48 hours without power.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...es/story-fn7ik2te-1225997323088#ixzz1CZcEjATU

so don't offer it to people who only lost power for 48 hrs? If it's on offer people can take it........

He speaks about these "low lifes" as if people are exploiting some loophole in the Disaster Assist scheme, which they are not. It's hardly fair to criticise people who legitimately qualify for the payment and claim it. One can argue that the minimal criteria and lack of means testing exists only to aid those people who have lost the necessary identification and information to support a more thorough claim but the onus is on Centrelink to set that procedure and find an acceptable balance.

If Wayne Swan feels the payout criteria is too minimal and wants to criticise those responsible, it should fall on the Centrelink directors who set and approved the criteria and claim process.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
BanShunsaku said:
Seasons 1-3 of Chuck on blu-ray just arrived from Amazon!

Time for some Hi-Def Strahovski Ogling

It's a shame the blurays of chuck aren't the best quality. The 720p TVHD rips could actually be better. Maybe it improved with s2 and s3, guess you will let us know ;D

evlcookie said:
It's a shame the blurays of chuck aren't the best quality. The 720p TVHD rips could actually be better. Maybe it improved with s2 and s3, guess you will let us know ;D

Yeh I had heard season one isn't much of a transfer, but it was only $28 and I was going to get seasons 2 and 3 anyway so I thought why not.

I'll check a couple of episodes out tonight let you know how seasons 2 and 3 look.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kirby was cool. It's weird that they reskinned the game to Kirby rather than Yoshi when everything about the game screams Yoshi mechanics.

Shaneus

Fredescu

A quick google suggests that it does, but I think all of the articles are basing that off a Gamestop listing. Perhaps not 100% reliable yet.

Choc

Banned
evlcookie said:
Fuck you melb, 39 today my ass. Now there's clouds overhead and it's gotten nice and cool.

I could have worn pants!

Even when you're feeling warm
The temperature could drop away
Like four seasons in one day

Choc

Banned
shite

428769-cyclone-yasi.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Floods, egypt, cyclones.

2012 really is the end. It's been fun guys, let's try to play some actual games between now and december.

Edit: It's now raining in melb <insert laughing smiley here>

evlcookie said:
Floods, egypt, cyclones.

2012 really is the end. It's been fun guys, let's try to play some actual games between now and december.

Don't forget Yosemite Super Volcano that is rustling about that could take out all of america. And all the dead animals washing up on beaches & falling from the sky, and Qantas not being reliable...

Hmmm....

rass

POWERSPHERE said:
Don't forget Yosemite Super Volcano that is rustling about that could take out all of america. And all the dead animals washing up on beaches & falling from the sky, and Qantas not being reliable...

Hmmm....
…and I ate a banana yesterday that didn't taste as good as the one I had the day before. It's all over people.

giri

POWERSPHERE said:

Hmmm....
Qantas were reliable?

Shit if that happened i would believe the world was going to end.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
didn't QANTAS have one of the world's best flight-records prior to a couple of years ago?

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
Fuck you melb, 39 today my ass. Now there's clouds overhead and it's gotten nice and cool.

I could have worn pants!
Yup, I'm upset too. I could've... wait, I don't have any work-appropriate short-sleeved shirts or short-legged pants (aka shorts). I also told my parents I'd visit them at their caravan in Ocean Grove for dinner. Guess I'm kinda obligated to now, even if it'll be pissing down.

This weather is a small price to pay for living in the best state in Australia, motherfuckers.

and I saw a baby crying on a bus too.

...I'll tie the nooses.

Anyway, HEY AUSGAF! Does anyone know any Australian LARPing societies? You know, those groups that dress up and roleplay in fields and the like? I might need to get in contact with some of them for a project.

legend166

POWERSPHERE said:

...I'll tie the nooses.

Anyway, HEY AUSGAF! Does anyone know any Australian LARPing societies? You know, those groups that dress up and roleplay in fields and the like? I might need to get in contact with some of them for a project.

Come on, don't be shy. It's ok if you want to LARP.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
every time I consider getting angry at having to wait an extra half-an-hour for a plane, I remember that I'm getting angry at my total travel time equalling something like 3 and a half hours rather than, I don't know, three days car travel or about a month on a boat.

Shaneus

POWERSPHERE said:

...I'll tie the nooses.

If you can't just watch Role Models. Such a fucking awesome movie.

Choc

Banned
so guys

Many Victorians sought relief at the beach as the state sweltered through its hottest day this year, reaching 41C.

it wasn't hot in Vic today?!?!

Though Melbourne did not quite reach its forecast 40C and peaked at 37.5C just after 4pm, Gippsland and parts of Victoria's flood-ravaged northwest reached 41C.

in Radelaide its currently 42!

Agyar

POWERSPHERE said:

For "a project". Sure, we believe you.

Haha, shhh don't tell my friends! But yeah, I figured this would be the place to find those dudes, right? C'mon Larpos, lets party!

But seriously, I do need to find a bunch of dudes who do this stuff

Frawdder

jambo said:
It's 6 and the temp has finally dropped... to 39.3

; _ ;
Yeah, WTF.

Was already 35ish when I woke up this morning, crazy hot. Forecast says 33 for Friday for the BDO hopefully it doesn't get any hotter than that.

jambo

Just got home and turned the ducted system on, it's still 31 in the house after 15 minutes.

Also I just put RDR into the PS3, finally gonna play this game. Looks nice on the 54

Agyar

BanShunsaku said:
Halp AusGAF, I need to buy some nerdy board games.

Would anyone recommend any decent local online stores?

Games Paradise.

If you order today, it's the last day of their 10% everything sale (enter the code "megasale" at the checkout). I had already bought one game (Dominion expansion) earlier this month, then just put in an order for another Dominion expansion, Cutthroat Caverns and Race for the Galaxy.

Agyar said:
Games Paradise.

If you order today, it's the last day of their 10% everything sale (enter the code "megasale" at the checkout). I had already bought one game (Dominion expansion) earlier this month, then just put in an order for another Dominion expansion, Cutthroat Caverns and Race for the Galaxy.

Awesome, order placed :)

Saw that site earlier today but good to hear from someone who has used it before.

I'm new to this whole board game thing, should be interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom