• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikelet

giri said:
i'm not sure good is the right word. It sure does exist though.

Whirlpool is one of those sites that comes up every time i have a router issue or something and i search in google. Useful enough for that purpose.

Bernbaum

My Amazon order from last week arrived!

30t5kzq.jpg

And here's how you know it's gonna be awesome:

67mo0g.jpg

$20USD, I forget how much shipping was. Such a lottery on delivery times with Amazon. It's nice when they're early.

legend166

I'll try it once I get home choc.

For now I'm trying to get 3G working on my phone again after updating Android to 2.2.1, which wasn't officially released in Aus. It runs heaps better now though.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:

For now I'm trying to get 3G working on my phone again after updating Android to 2.2.1, which wasn't officially released in Aus. It runs heaps better now though.

chances are your APN got wiped

i believe your on virgin

so go to settings, network and connections, APN i think it is and then add virgin.internet

legend166 said:

Check out cyanogenmod.com ... Mine's on 2.3.2 (Gingerbread) and the last available release for my phone worldwide was 2.1.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow.

Tempting. I still have Dead Dpace 2 and Enslaved to get through first, though. Maybe it'll be $40 by then.

Anyone with Telstra in Sydney having trouble with their 3G connection? Mine is completely gone :-/

EDIT: OK back now, that was weird. Had no 3G at all for about 15 mins, when I normally have full signal. Thought I was back on Optus for a minute there

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It's weird, the concept of paying $90+ for a game nowadays has been completely lost on me in the easy-import/Steam world. I can't remember the last time I bought anything locally.

Actually, yes I can, it was Starcraft 2 back in July.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Let's not call them Collector's Editions anymore. Let's drop the pretense and call them what they are, Sucker's Editions.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My first Blizzard CE so i certainly don't regret it. The problem though is it's a blizzard CE so you try not to actually use any of the CE contents. Gotta keep it all nice and pretty.

legend166

Rez said:
It's weird, the concept of paying $90+ for a game nowadays has been completely lost on me in the easy-import/Steam world. I can't remember the last time I bought anything locally.

Actually, yes I can, it was Starcraft 2 back in July.

Yeah, I have that exact feeling too. The thought of paying $90 for a game just seems completely odd to me. I just can't do it.

When I read that email from EB about the $67 LBP2, I assumed there was a "when you trade in 5 games" that had been left off.

I'll be going past EB on my way home, should I get a copy? So tempting...

Stackboy

Special editions blow my mind these days. Bunch of cheap plastic that "looks cool", then you put it away because it will increase in value? No thanks.

Stackboy said:
Special editions blow my mind these days. Bunch of cheap plastic that "looks cool", then you put it away because it will increase in value? No thanks.
Long live the cloth maps and other assorted crap that came standard in the days of yore. And it was always a surprise, too, because there weren't dozens of websites telling us about these crappy trinkets.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the problem with watching the GSL is it raises your mental Starcraft agility, but not your actual physical dexterity. when I sit down and try to play only to realise my brain is working ten times faster than my hands I get so damn frustrated.

remz

evlcookie said:
What league are you in now Remz?

And it's the GSL jambo. /shakes fist
Still silver, hahahaha I miss my days in platinum around release. :(

I've done nothing but regress since the game came out

markot

Banned
Ive played like 2 hours total of SC2 >.>... what a dissapointing game... single player stuck in the 90's with terrible characters and story... 98%!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the actual campaign was great, but the characters and story were completely embarrassing.

markot

Banned
I just hate the... Its not exciting when the first moments of each lvl are the same. Build up a base, build improvements, find ore/gas whatever... I was expecting more fun. I kind of got sick of that same basic style repeated constantly back in red alert 2 >.<

I understand not wanting to change the MP stuff, but I think they could have done alot more with the SP to make it more dynamic and feel fresh.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
to be fair, they really mix that up as the campaign goes on. fairly early on, even.

Agyar

Rez said:
the problem with watching the GSL is it raises your mental Starcraft agility, but not your actual physical dexterity. when I sit down and try to play only to realise my brain is working ten times faster than my hands I get so damn frustrated.

I felt like this back when I played Guild Wars. Watching top 10 GvG matches just highlights how you can understand and follow someone's actions, but execution is another matter entirely. That said, you do improve by watching high-level play but you absorb it so organically that it doesn't you never feel like you're learning kung-fu in the matrix or whatever.

For reference the guilds I played in usually hovered around the tail end of the top 100 but the gap in the level of play across those 100 places was pretty substantial.

Shaneus

So, PAL copy of Yakuza 3 on PS3. Worth getting? I know it was gimped for English-speaking regions but not sure by how much (or whether it's enough to justify NOT spending $28 on it).

PS. Never played the other two.

PPS. I'm buying cheap PS3 games because I need to cleanse myself of the horror that is GT5 B-spec :/

Bernbaum

The front-end of Dragon Age has too much blahblahblah. I've just picked up Sten in Lothering and am hoping the combat ramps up now that I've got the world at my doorstep.

About to head to Redcliffe, which for non-Queenslanders, is also the name of a particularly bogan town north of Brisbane. I’m guessing the Redcliffe of Dragon Age isn’t a wasteland of discarded Winnie Blues packets and teen pregnancy.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
The front-end of Dragon Age has too much blahblahblah. I've just picked up Sten in Lothering and am hoping the combat ramps up now that I've got the world at my doorstep.

About to head to Redcliffe, which for non-Queenslanders, is also the name of a particularly bogan town north of Brisbane. I’m guessing the Redcliffe of Dragon Age isn’t a wasteland of discarded Winnie Blues packets and teen pregnancy.
Circle tower is probably easiest of the four places you need to
go but you can visit them in any order and to an extent, leave some halfway through. Visiting Denerim early on is cool cause there's lots of shops but you probably want some money first.

Pro-tip: if you're playing a mage, I found a party with two warriors (one defense, one offense) and Leliana as an archer with Song of Courage particularly effective. You can sub in others for the offensive warrior spot depending on quests etc. That said there's ways to make everyone pretty effective.

Rez said:
I thought the actual campaign was great, but the characters and story were completely embarrassing.

The thing is the only reason i bother with the campaign is for the characters and story. After 10 years of waiting im not sure the campaign could have been anymore disappointing. If you look only at the SP, SC2 would have to be close to my least favourite game of all time.

Not only was it terrible but it also destroyed the story of one of my favourite games of all time.

remz said:
I've played 1121 league games of SC2, money well spent, IMO.

I haven't played quite that many yet but i have no doubt that by the time im done with the game i will have played an insane amount of games. That's one thing i can always be sure of with blizzard, tons or replay value.

Rez said:

It really does take consistent practice to really speed up your game. I wish i had more time to play on the ladder.

Gazunta

Taking suggestions for an old game to do a comic about. And by old game I mean NOT Mario, Zelda, Pac-man all the obvious ones that have been done a million times kgo

hamchan

Shaneus said:
So, PAL copy of Yakuza 3 on PS3. Worth getting? I know it was gimped for English-speaking regions but not sure by how much (or whether it's enough to justify NOT spending $28 on it).

PS. Never played the other two.

PPS. I'm buying cheap PS3 games because I need to cleanse myself of the horror that is GT5 B-spec :/

Yes buy it. Buy it now.

Never played the other two? The game has recaps for those. Just note that it has the slowest start of any game in the whole series. For 4 chapters you'll be doing meaningless boring shit for orphans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom