• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Thanks hamchan. Am pumped!

Gazunta said:
Taking suggestions for an old game to do a comic about. And by old game I mean NOT Mario, Zelda, Pac-man all the obvious ones that have been done a million times kgo
Captain Comic. Pharaoh's Tomb. Solomon's Key. Dangerous Dave. Any of those really old PC shareware-ish games.

Fuck I loved those.

Edit: Just bought 3D Dot Game Heroes and Yakuza 3. Quirky Japanese gaming FTW.

rass

Gazunta said:
Taking suggestions for an old game to do a comic about. And by old game I mean NOT Mario, Zelda, Pac-man all the obvious ones that have been done a million times kgo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trog!
best.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gazunta said:

Bio Menace

Agyar

Gazunta said:

I vote for Dangerous Dave, the game where John Romero fixed Mario by adding zombies and nobody cared.

I cared.

jambo

Gazunta said:
Space Goose

Shit, now I'm reliving all those hours spent playing crappy cheap NES games when I was a little'un.

Anyone else play Rollergames?

1110981951-00.png

Shaneus

Hai guys!

THQ is having a sale on downloadable PC games... 75% off. It's US only (or so it seems... mwahaha) but if you just enter any address with the US as the country, you're golden (as long as you pay with PayPal... credit cards may be iffy). Just picked up MX vs ATV Reflex for the princely sum of $5 and punched the code into Steam for maximum damage. Darksiders was on there, as is the Dawn of War series and a couple of other gems which should all register without hassle on Steam.

Earl:
http://store.thq.com/store?SiteID=t...ductListPage&categoryID=54746400&pgm=68494300

Dead Man

Gazunta said:
Wizball or Aztec Challenge

Edit: And that is what I get for not reading the last page!

Gazunta

2011-02-04-Videogame-50.gif

Thanks Rass, your no-prize is not in the post.

Thanks everyone else for the suggestions, some good ones in there I might make use of next time people vote for Old Videogame Jokes to return :)

Back to doing game reviewer comics next week it looks like, unless the voting changes considerably over the weekend...

Dead Man

Gazunta said:
http://funnywebcomic.com/comics/2011-02-04-Videogame-50.gif[IMG]
Thanks Rass, your no-prize is not in the post.

Thanks everyone else for the suggestions, some good ones in there I might make use of next time people vote for Old Videogame Jokes to return :)

Back to doing game reviewer comics next week it looks like, unless the voting changes considerably over the weekend...[/QUOTE]
:lol Poor bastard.

[QUOTE=Kritz]I was inspired by Gaz's white teenagers with problems comic and I made this bad comic:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/39rBX.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
It's like you captured my life* in pictoral form.

*I am not Gen Y

rass

haha gold, both Gaz and Kritz

also,
I won!
I never actually owned Trog but my friend did and we played the hell out of it. I only found out there was an arcade version when I searched wikipedia.

Gazunta

codswallop said:
Zool.

Or James Pond!

Edit: Don't leave AusGAF for a meeting and respond without refreshing.
2010-10-08-Videogame-10.gif

OK I really need to go back to work now.

Kritz now do a new one every day for three years while nobody notices

Kritz

Banned
ClivePwned said:
So funny. I laughed. A follow up should be someone hurt and the gen y guy taking a photo with their phone

I had that exact idea. But, as a member of Generation Y, I couldn't be bothered.

Third comic was going to be more or less the first problem, but with facebook being down. End panel has a small "yeeeey" as the server comes back up.

Kritz

Banned
Gazunta said:
Kritz now do a new one every day for three years while nobody notices

Also known as me between 15 and 17 years old.

At some point I actually finished things I started. But eventually the lack of people giving a shit got to me. Glad you're better than that. :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ah. Part-time employment time. Hunting for junior level positions that can operate around uni-hours is just the most enjoyable thing in the world.

If, by any extraordinarily thin chance, anyone here knows anyone else in the Melbourne area looking for an articulate, professional university student/junior/intern level part-time employee willing to work for next to nothing (or even basically voluntarily, because experience is currency for university students) in their IT/gaming/QA/other outfit, you know who to PM.

*winky face*

Agyar

Rez said:
Ah. Part-time employment time. Hunting for junior level positions that can operate around uni-hours is just the most enjoyable thing in the world.

If, by any extraordinarily thin chance, anyone here knows anyone else in the Melbourne area looking for an articulate, professional university student/junior/intern level part-time employee willing to work for next to nothing (or even basically voluntarily, because experience is currency for university students) in their IT/gaming/QA/other outfit, you know who to PM.

*winky face*

Try your uni's helpdesk/support division, some unis populate their low-level positions with a casual staff of students (often IT students).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yep, certainly am once things start up again this year.

that's what I did last year with music before I switched to CompSci, but music is and always had been... less employable. I'm hoping things work out a little better this year.

Bernbaum

Agyar said:
Try your uni's helpdesk/support division, some unis populate their low-level positions with a casual staff of students (often IT students).
With thanks to the army of disinterested IT students that populated the IT "support" team on level 2 comp labs in V block at Gardens Point, I am now a much more tech-savvy and proactive individual.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
With thanks to the army of disinterested IT students that populated the IT "support" team on level 2 comp labs in V block at Gardens Point, I am now a much more tech-savvy and proactive individual.

Which one is V-block again? When I worked at QUT, I was in the Blackboard team and we had to deal with the Helpdesk monkeys every day, as they are the first point of contact for both students, academic and professional staff, except for some faculties individual teams for certain applications.

Bernbaum

It's the big fuck-off wart of architecture that houses the main library smack-bang in the middle of the campus.

That fucking uni. Too many hours spent there - I once slept in a lab on a pillow made out of microscope covers stuffed inside each other.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
It's the big fuck-off wart of architecture that houses the main library smack-bang in the middle of the campus.

That fucking uni. Too many hours spent there - I once slept in a lab on a pillow made out of microscope covers stuffed inside each other.

Oh right, the library. That was the helpdesk. They're useless.

Stackboy

WEEKEND.

Going to a Lan Party tomorrow, 2 parties tomorrow night then a Qld Flood Benefit gig Sunday consisting on Custard, Regurgitator, Screamfeeder and more.

Peaceimouttahere.

Dead Man

Stay classy Commbank

http://www.news.com.au/business/fac...bank-staff-fired/story-e6frfm1i-1226000225097

THE Commonwealth Bank has been forced to rethink its social media policy after it was revealed employees could be fired if their friends criticise the bank on social networking sites like Facebook.

In an open letter to the bank, the Finance Sector Union (FSU) today called the policy "unreasonable" and demanded it be withdrawn because it breached the Fair Work Act.

"A conversation about the colour of the tea cups at the workplace, who is winning the footy tipping competition, or what day of the week CBA employees are permitted to wear casual clothes are examples of conversations that would constitute a breach of the policy as it is currently worded," the FSU letter said.

Union spokesman Rod Masson said the policy infringed on employees’ freedom of association and right to participate in collective bargaining under the Fair Work Act.

"When you start prescribing away people’s rights to comment on their daily life what you’re saying is: 'We don’t want you to talk about the fact things could be much better at your work,'" Mr Masson said.

The existing CBA policy says employees cannot "comment on, post or store any information about bank-related matters" or speak negatively about the company.

It also requires staff to report any negative comments on social networks made by other people - including non-employees - to their manager and to help remove or delete material deemed inappropriate.

An employee could potentially be fired if one of their friends posted something negative about the Bank on their Facebook wall.

The CBA initially defended the policy as appropriate but has now backed down, saying it is open to change pending discussions with the FSU next week.

"The bank will amend the policy, where it is considered reasonable to do so to ensure that all of its staff continue to be treated fairly," the bank said in a statement.

"Many customer issues and complaints raised through social media channels have been resolved through staff tip-offs and we encourage our staff to continue to alert us to this feedback so we can provide customer support and outcomes."

The Commonwealth Bank has joined other big firms in recently launching official pages on Facebook and Twitter, while blocking access to these sites in their offices.

CBA workers contacted by news.com.au said they were not aware of the two-page, which was released internally in December.

One employee who spoke on the condition of anonymity said they were not concerned about it: "A rule is only applicable if it’s being enforced. It's very discretionary – it doesn't say 'you're going to get fired', it just says 'disciplinary action may be taken'.

"It will just depend on the extent [of the breach], and because it's subjective I have a feeling the policy is going to be used more as an excuse than the real reason [for firing someone]."

The employee said the policy was "nothing new", and applied the staff code of professional conduct to social media networks.

"It's common sense - you shouldn't slander your company because it's a business after all."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom