• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
its not announced because sony is officially announcing it at the mobile world congress this week i think

also its the official playstation phone, the xperia play....

the whole launch of this thing has been f'd

also accordnig to GAF the half time show is epic fail lol

jambo

Waikis said:
But does it do Jukebox?

IMG_1718.jpg

:D

It has a good UI and it can do previews for video files. I don't really care about cover art, I just want to find the movie and hit play.

Shaneus said:
Fucking awesome, isn't it? There are a few bugs here and there (there's a particular firmware which completely erases the internal HDD) but in general it's pretty much a jack of all trades. DTS downmixing is a blessing if you only have analog audio, too.

Make sure you check out the Astone forums every so often as well... you can read all about the firmwares and the bugs. The community in general is pretty good, even if the firmware updates aren't.

I had a quick look at the forums, gotta work out if I need an update. I don't use an internal with it so as long as it doesn't erase my externals it's ok =P

You guys should check out Boxee (though it's too late since you just bought something). It's great for large libraries though you wouldn't store them on the Boxee. If you have an HTPC already, then you could just download the Boxee software (or XBMC, which it's based on -- that's what I use).

Choc said:
also accordnig to GAF the half time show is epic fail lol
It's so bad I muted it and actually did some work.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
rass said:
Correct, ordered haha.
I've been using proraso lather http://www.mensbiz.com.au/shop/shav...shaving-soap-eucalyptus-menthol/prod_172.html but haven't tried anything else. It's almost empty so it's prob time to start looking haha

edit:
nice spoilers Choc haha

I also ordered this - http://www.mensbiz.com.au/shop/shav...of-old-bond-street-sampler-pack/prod_531.html
See how they go and if it works well with my skin.

codswallop said:
I use Castile soap in the shower, and just before I get out I lather up my face with that and shave (admittedly with either a wet electric razor or cheap Gillette or whatever razor), and it works really well.

What are the benefits of using these sorts of razors and has anyone tried Castile soap with one?

Makes you feel like a man! Something like that. I believe they give you a closer shave as well and some enjoy the "Art" of it. It takes a little longer than your normal shave, say another 5 to 10 minutes to get it all going. The soap / cream tends to be better than something from a can, better on your skin and all that.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Nintendo 3DS will be available for public play for the first time in Australia on:

Thursday February 10 from 6.00pm to 9.00pm at EB Games, 67 Swanston Street Melbourne in the Nintendo Experience.

Thursday February 10 from 6.00pm to 9.00pm at Myer Sydney City in the Nintendo Connection on the 6th floor, 436 George Street, Sydney

Blammo!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Not bad but fucked i'm going to to try and battle nerds after work and then take a 2hr trip home.

Maybe turn up and annoy them about the price for 3hrs long.

I didn't realise they had two-point conversions in pro NFL. I thought it was only a college thing.

Only three points in it, with seven minutes left

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
They say things come in three’s and here’s more evidence to support that theory. On the heels of The White Stripes and LCD Soundsystem‘s respective break-ups, People reports that the Damon Albarn-led Gorillaz have also called it quits.

=[

How do I get my iPhone to download a file that's bigger than 20MB over 3G? It keeps telling me to download it over WiFi, but I've already gone over my cap at home and it doesn't reset until tomorrow. I want my podcast NOW!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
viciouskillersquirrel said:
How do I get my iPhone to download a file that's bigger than 20MB over 3G? It keeps telling me to download it over WiFi, but I've already gone over my cap at home and it doesn't reset until tomorrow. I want my podcast NOW!

Macca's

jambo

Jailbreak or WiFi hot spot.

And evl, Gorillaz made some nice music. You can say you don't like it, but don't say it's terrible. You know, opinion != fact and all that.

=]

giri

jambo said:
Jailbreak or WiFi hot spot.

And evl, Gorillaz made some nice music. You can say you don't like it, but don't say it's terrible. You know, opinion != fact and all that.

=]
If you know i'ts opinion, why try and correct his?

(i'm just being a snarky douchebag).

[i agree with evil]

Agyar

If you want to listen straight away, just stream it via iTunes on the iPHone.

Bernbaum

For a game I never intended to play right now, I’ve clocked up 12 or so hours on Dragon Age over the last week. I’m at a good spot to leave it alone for a while and can foresee myself digesting DA and all the DLC piecemeal over the course of the year. It’s a great game, although I’m certainly doing it wrong by not playing on PC. I started out with the intention of just playing it moment to moment and responding to each situation as I would personally, but I think I’m gonna be a goody two-shoes pussy and stick to the ‘good’ path. Surprised at how open the game is and that because of the systems in place, whole sections of gameplay can be locked out to the player sheerly through chosen skillsets or the timing of chosen quests. There’s way too much bloody talking though.

Biggest criticism is that there is isn’t much uniqueness to the mythology – it’s Generic Tolkienesque Fantasy World #2313. Mass Effect borrowed heavily from established stalwarts like Star Wars and Star Trek and threw in a bit of goofy retro sci-fi stuff here and there, but it still managed to paint its own picture of a space epic. Maybe there’s more to DA in the codices and stuff, but it’s a tall order to read through all that stuff when there’s already too much dialogue and I’m anxious to kill baddies.

DJ Hero 2 is like, $48 brand new from EB. I’m gonna go get it - the first DJ Hero was heaps fun.

giri

Bernbaum said:
For a game I never intended to play right now, I’ve clocked up 12 or so hours on Dragon Age over the last week. I’m at a good spot to leave it alone for a while and can foresee myself digesting DA and all the DLC piecemeal over the course of the year. It’s a great game, although I’m certainly doing it wrong by not playing on PC. I started out with the intention of just playing it moment to moment and responding to each situation as I would personally, but I think I’m gonna be a goody two-shoes pussy and stick to the ‘good’ path. Surprised at how open the game is and that because of the systems in place, whole sections of gameplay can be locked out to the player sheerly through chosen skillsets or the timing of chosen quests. There’s way too much bloody talking though.

Biggest criticism is that there is isn’t much uniqueness to the mythology – it’s Generic Tolkienesque Fantasy World #2313. Mass Effect borrowed heavily from established stalwarts like Star Wars and Star Trek and threw in a bit of goofy retro sci-fi stuff here and there, but it still managed to paint its own picture of a space epic. Maybe there’s more to DA in the codices and stuff, but it’s a tall order to read through all that stuff when there’s already too much dialogue and I’m anxious to kill baddies.

DJ Hero 2 is like, $48 brand new from EB. I’m gonna go get it - the first DJ Hero was heaps fun.

Originality in the game world is a little stifled when they tend to base alot of their bow & arrow fantasy games around D&D games. I know you could buy D&D forgotten realm stuff before Baldurs Gate came out (thats the world BG was set in).

I'm not sure if DA is D&D Rules or not, i forget, but it certainly borrows heavily from it.

Choc

Banned
oh america never change

quotes from that thread

"Oh shit, Choc burned us all. When your leading contribution to the world is Crocodile Dundee and Yahoo Serious you always have the moral high ground.

You live in a third world country, Croc, so I'm glad you found your way to one of the huts with wifi. Congrats, I think I saw you on one of those cleft lip commercials."

Don't you have some weird creatures to take pics of and post on the net or eat some kangaroo! :p

sigh i tell them the world doesn't revolve around america and they are like yes it does blah blah

i blame fucking American geography and history for not teaching anything but american history and geography in their schools (yes its true)

fucking wankers

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you do realise how little your dick looks right now, right?

giri

Choc said:
oh america never change

quotes from that thread

"Oh shit, Choc burned us all. When your leading contribution to the world is Crocodile Dundee and Yahoo Serious you always have the moral high ground.

You live in a third world country, Croc, so I'm glad you found your way to one of the huts with wifi. Congrats, I think I saw you on one of those cleft lip commercials."

Don't you have some weird creatures to take pics of and post on the net or eat some kangaroo! :p

fucking wankers
Why'd you even bother? it was never going to generate any serious conversation. And most of the sports americans play, no one else does, so it's not really a worry. (Though for the record, they do face stiff oposition in basketball).

Bernbaum

giri said:
Originality in the game world is a little stifled when they tend to base alot of their bow & arrow fantasy games around D&D games. I know you could buy D&D forgotten realm stuff before Baldurs Gate came out (thats the world BG was set in).

I'm not sure if DA is D&D Rules or not, i forget, but it certainly borrows heavily from it.
When people describe DA as the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, are they talking about the presentation and mission structure or the intrinsic combat system?

It feels less 'dice rolly' than Kotor.

Choc

Banned
dont care

im over it

whenever i leave the ausgaf thread i have to deal with small minded american fucking shitheads

so i will no longer do this

this thread raises the IQ level of this entire board 100 fold

Nemesis_

I kind of understand though. I think there is way too much arrogance.

But that's the thing. Fighting someone who is arrogant is pointless, they'll probably never realise their wrong.

In other news

AROUND TEN DAYS TILL MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3

161mjcy.jpg
161mjcy.jpg
161mjcy.jpg

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
It uses elves and dwarves and swords and magic and such as a framework, but what it fleshes out that framework with is often fairly unique. It's similar to Mass Effect in that respect I guess, where the framework is generic space opera and its fleshed out with some unique details. If you can accept the forest, there are some pretty cool trees (or should that be the other way around?).

Bernbaum said:
When people describe DA as the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, are they talking about the presentation and mission structure or the intrinsic combat system?

It feels less 'dice rolly' than Kotor.
"People" don't. Bioware did in the early days, but they soon changed their marketing tack to "new shit". It's really a spiritual successor to NWN2, and it does reasonable well in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom