• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

Is it up, or is it good?

Cos, since wrapping up the Alan Wake DLC and putting down Dragon Age for a break, I could totally do with some new hotness.

Edit: Not on XBLA, however, Darksiders is on demand for $29.95. Holy fucking shit.

Yagharek

So on the topic of 3DS:

An aus 3ds system is still going to play UK pal 3ds games isnt it? Or is there a fake region lock there now?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bernbaum said:
Is it up, or is it good?

Cos, since wrapping up the Alan Wake DLC and putting down Dragon Age for a break, I could totally do with some new hotness.

Edit: Not on XBLA, however, Darksiders is on demand for $29.95. Holy fucking shit.
It's up now. Darksiders was like ten dollars on Steam not long ago.

Bernbaum

Wow, from now on, let XBox Australia's twitter be my dead-on indication of when shit actually hits the XBLA store. I saw the tweet, refreshed the Stacking profile on Xbox.com
I just made Allard happy
and bam, game is downloading.

This may well be the quickest interval between a game being released and me playing it since probably the first Left 4 Dead.

Salazar

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is GOT - insert timespan.

God damn, I am having fun clearing out guards. I don't know if I'm a hero to the locals, the people's pimpernel champ, or a reviled menace. I don't care. My fucking god, has the combat clicked.

Kritz

Banned
Just handballed kitty to my sister. It's her cat and I feel if the cat becomes anymore attached to me, it will become my cat. And I really like sleep, which this cat does not.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kritz said:
And I really like sleep, which this cat does not.
oh it will. our cat walks inside, jumps on the couch, sleeps for six to nine hours between 9am and 6pm, then gets up, meows at the door, goes to the bathroom outside, eats some food and then goes absolutely insane in our garden for the rest of the night.

and the cycle continues.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Kritz said:
Just handballed kitty to my sister. It's her cat and I feel if the cat becomes anymore attached to me, it will become my cat. And I really like sleep, which this cat does not.

Kritz hates pussy.

Kritz

Banned
J19Uz.jpg

Ms Pacman as she first appeared in the house. She was, needless to say, terrified.

Flashing camera light didn't help.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those eyes look like marbles. I just want to rip them out of her head and roll them around!

Edit: Seriously though, does anybody know of any laptops that have an HDMI input?

Ydahs

JaseC said:
Edit: Seriously though, does anybody know of any laptops that have an HDMI input?
I don't think so, which really sucks since my laptop's screen is much better than my PC's... now that I think about it, why don't major companies throw in one? I mean, there must be a good reason for it since I reckon it's a pretty useful thing to have.

edit: anyone use any desktop application to keep track of their email and provides notifications once one is received? Looking for one.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
HDMI input on a laptop? That would be rare i would imagine. I think the new AMD brazo platform has HDMI out but not HDMI in. Although they are more netbooks than laptops.

Ydahs said:
I don't think so, which really sucks since my laptop's screen is much better than my PC's... now that I think about it, why don't major companies throw in one? I mean, there must be a good reason for it since I reckon it's a pretty useful thing to have.

edit: anyone use any desktop application to keep track of their email and provides notifications once one is received? Looking for one.
If youre using gmail, apparently if you go to your inbox and use chrome it'll prompt for a desktop notification thing. Not sure how good it is, however.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think LA noire looks outstanding. While it does have some similar elements to GTA, That isn't a surprise at all. The look and feel of it all just appeals to me, I look forward to sucking at it and putting the wrong people in jail.

Annoy your peeps at Team Bondi choc to bring it to PC. I'm thinking of day 1 for my PS3 but would love a PC version after i upgrade.

Shaneus

It's not coming to PC?!? That's just stupid.

Well, maybe not, given how well R* games have performed (framerate, not sales-wise) recently. From what I understand, GTA4 ran like shit regardless of how good one's PC was.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
R* is just the publisher with Team Bondi being the developers. I guess it's really up to them unless R* step in or get an outsider to port it over.

giri

markot said:
I think its down to publishers completely what platforms games are made for. Since they pay for it >.<
Hmm, yes and no. Not ever deal is the same, and not everyone gets a deal before dev starts.

Either way, it looks like a console game.

Omikron

Ydahs said:
Of course it works live (and delayed) :D

Only major worry is the traffic, since I can't afford a better host atm but I'll upgrade anyway if I need to.

I don't intend to commercialize the site, but I was planning on creating an iPhone app with the live scores and graphs and selling it for a buck or two. So to do that, I need the AFL's permission?

Interesting stuff Ydahs.

About 6 or so years ago, a mate of mine wrote a little java app that hooked into the ChampionData/AFL live stats stream and allowed you to follow the scores live as they got pumped out to their website. Was really cool (and still works after a few of there attempted upgrades :p)

Funny thing was he got a nasty letter from the AFL (or champion data) suggesting he should think otherwise about publishing it on his site. That said, I still have access and works great, much better than relying on a website for details. :)

A feature I particularly liked was being able to specify my team so that I could track how they were doing.

Presume you have looked at sites like fanfooty and the like for inspiration?

Choc

Banned
it was originally PS3 exclusive and that exclusivity continued when Rockstar took over.

Remember agent, yeah of course you do. Codename....

also, the only reason that the Xbox 360 version exists is that

1) the exclusivity contract with sony expired
2) To recoup costs they felt it necessary to go multiplatform

From day one there was never intention to publish it on PC therefore all the custom tools they built etc were built for console, and in particular ps3. When it went multiplatform those tools had to be reconfigured and written for 360 compatibility as well.

This game has been in development since sony announced ps3

this will come to PC, six months later i imagine. RDR will come to PC in 2011 i think

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
LA Noire and Agent are the same game?

Rockstar had a sony exclusive cooking however Agent was a name to throw you off really.

it has never been seen since and that all went down aroudn the time Sony pulled out of LA N and Rockstar took it over

jambo

Yeah but R* North must be working on something. Sure, it could be GTAV, but they could be working on Agent as well.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sounds like they are going to do with CoD what they did with Guitar Hero, Milk it until there's nothing left.

So they are banking on that not happening and blizzards new MMO being a huge hit. Is Activision falling or just cleaning up the crap and trying to hold steady with blizzard, cod and bungie? Will it work?

jambo

I think they want to move towards a few key franchises and not much else. CoD, SC, WoW and the new Bungie games.

It's risky, but CoD and WoW are just making so much money atm.

Thats good, I plan to do my usual full migrate to the new system (ie retire or give old system to a family member or something lol) but just wanted to know if playing DS games on it could get annoying because of the dpad maybe/maybe not being as nice.

Pokemon White specifically made me wonder, largely dpad games like that.

jambo

hamchan said:
Will people ever get sick of shooting other people? I think no. CoD will stop selling when a competitor dethrones it.
Activision are predicting that MW3 will sell less than Blops, and I think BF3 will take a big bite out of it's sales too.

Will be interesting to see it all play out.

markot

Banned
I dont get Nintendo sometimes >_<

Why make Pokemon black and white so close to the 3ds release date, and not make them launch titles for the 3ds? At least put in like 3d mode if you play it on the 3ds!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
markot said:
I dont get Nintendo sometimes >_<

Why make Pokemon black and white so close to the 3ds release date, and not make them launch titles for the 3ds? At least put in like 3d mode if you play it on the 3ds!

Because the difference between a DS and 3DS game is huge? BW came out line 6 months ago in Japan, the 3DS wasn't even on the radar then.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Are you sure you're not obsessed with the cat and want it to be yours instead of your sisters kritz? You seem to be loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom