• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently 200km away from my PS3, my 360, my good PC, my sealed copies of Enslaved and Dead Space 2 and my queued Stacking XBLA download.

It's killing me.

Shaneus

I have PSN+ where Stacking is (apparently) a freebie this month, but I think I'm gonna feel guilty playing it for nothing. How much is it on XBLA/PSN full price?

PS. I think I'm going to buy LBP2 today. Never played much of the first one. Am I doing the right thing?

jambo

markot said:
I dont get Nintendo sometimes >_<

Why make Pokemon black and white so close to the 3ds release date, and not make them launch titles for the 3ds? At least put in like 3d mode if you play it on the 3ds!
Pokemon sells regardless. The 3DS version will sell bucketloads whenever it comes out.

Choc

Banned
Stacking is not PSN plus free on EU store from what people are reporting and looking at psn

apparently it was late its there now

so only US which is shit

EDIT: street fighter 4 ios is only 1.19 gogogogo

Agyar

Choc said:
EDIT: street fighter 4 ios is only 1.19 gogogogo

As much as I hate basically any iOS game with on-screen stick/button simulations, I will buy this for a dollar.

Organising a board games afternoon in West End (Brisbane) this Sunday if anyone is interested. Bernbaum and I will be there, along with a few others (possibly a whole bunch) so there will be a bunch of different games being played including Carcassonne. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I can give you the details.

rass

codswallop said:
Still disappointed Game Dev Story on Android is five bucks while it's currently $1.20 on iOS.
I paid $5 and would have got my money's worth out of $10.
but I understand the frustration

I just couldn't feel right paying five bucks for software on one platform when the same game on another platform is 80% cheaper.

Edit: If it was still five bucks on iOS I probably would have bought it on Android already. It's all about perception I guess.

Omikron

Shaneus said:
Already got :) Was an Xmas present from my brother who gifted it to me on Steam.

It's 100% guilty pleasure fun, just don't buy it for the driving model.

Haha... got a friend who has been bitching to me all about it today... doesn't sound like a pleasurable experience.

Shaneus

It's camp. The driving model is pretty average (to say the least) and the voice acting is woeful, but there's a charm to it that I really like. Same as with the first one.

I really couldn't say whether you'd like it or not but it seems to be the sort of game that would really grow on you if you give it a chance. For example, my brother (who lives in the same block of units as I do) sent me an invite and asked me to follow him so he could show me some of his new acquisitions. It's less a car sim and more a "fuck around" sim. The open world you wish GTA was (minus the GT).

rass

cheers,
also:

2mnhxyg.jpg

wut?

Ydahs

Omi said:
Interesting stuff Ydahs.

About 6 or so years ago, a mate of mine wrote a little java app that hooked into the ChampionData/AFL live stats stream and allowed you to follow the scores live as they got pumped out to their website. Was really cool (and still works after a few of there attempted upgrades :p)

Funny thing was he got a nasty letter from the AFL (or champion data) suggesting he should think otherwise about publishing it on his site. That said, I still have access and works great, much better than relying on a website for details. :)

A feature I particularly liked was being able to specify my team so that I could track how they were doing.

Presume you have looked at sites like fanfooty and the like for inspiration?
Yeah, I'm a big fan of FanFooty. I actually started this project as a way to learn programming and after my initial success, I kept trying more and more things, being able to eventually achieve most things I tried. Then, this happened :)

And btw, I'm not hooking into any hidden stat stream. I'm just using data readily available to everyone!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I visit it all the time.

For some reason I enjoy looking at thinks like TV ratings, game sales, car sales, music sales and all that sort of thing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I had no idea it existed, I always just used ebroadcast if i wanted a tv guide. Might have to check tvtonight out once it's back up and running.

Kritz

Banned
Yey, cat seems to be independently going to the kitty litter.

Although the cat doesn't seem to be drinking its water or special milk my sister bought. Which is a concern.

It's also stopped biting / scratching me after I did what the internet told me and discouraged it from that behaviour. (I also gave it a toy to play with and bite instead). I find that a quick explore around the house and some playtime with its toy is enough to tire the thing out for a few hours. Which seems to be working.

The other two cats and one dog we have kinda... don't like it though. The dog's fine with it, as he's more curious about cats than anything (and is completely harmless even when the cats do bat him around). The little kitty hisses at the dog though, which I figure it'll eventually learn to stop.

The cats on the other hand seem to just want to avoid it entirely. I suspect they'll never get along too well. Hrm.

I miss playing video games.

Omikron

Ydahs said:
Yeah, I'm a big fan of FanFooty. I actually started this project as a way to learn programming and after my initial success, I kept trying more and more things, being able to eventually achieve most things I tried. Then, this happened :)

And btw, I'm not hooking into any hidden stat stream. I'm just using data readily available to everyone!

Hehe cool, looks good :)

Reminds me I was playing around with ripping stats of the Premier League fantasy comp website. They have an impressive amount on there once you work out how their XML queries hang together. You could bring down a fair bit of data in the end. Must dig out my test project again one day hah!

Shaneus

LBP2 get. Apparently the $50 at Zone Adrenalan is actually a special (they wouldn't do the $5 off for cash thing) so it may not be around for too long. Get on it, kids!

Ydahs

Omi said:
Hehe cool, looks good :)

Reminds me I was playing around with ripping stats of the Premier League fantasy comp website. They have an impressive amount on there once you work out how their XML queries hang together. You could bring down a fair bit of data in the end. Must dig out my test project again one day hah!
If you don't mind me asking, which programming language did you use? Java?

Shaneus

It does, but it's really just a dark room where some nerds fund their LANning habits by selling import games. Doubt any of their regulars could even fit into a laser tag vest*.

*I'm not a regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom