• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Choc said:
thats what happens when over paid prima donnas are beaten by a generally under rated english team

he should go for the rest of the UCL but UEFA have zero balls when it comes to the italians

slap on the wrist coming up.

An earlier picture....

AC-Milans-Gennaro-Gattuso-001.jpg

MrSerrels

Choc said:
mark you should follow up the 3DS aus shit and see if Nintendo Australia will confirm europe wont work >_< :) :(

European games will def work according to Nintendo Australia.

Almost a little disappointed because that would have been an awesome story.

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
European games will def work according to Nintendo Australia.

hmm interesting, guess we wait and see. I'd be surprised if they didnt but the specific AU Developer system is a worry.

MrSerrels

Choc said:
hmm interesting, guess we wait and see. I'd be surprised if they didnt but the specific AU Developer system is a worry.

It might be something to do with the way they're trying to tailor other things to specific regions, like parental locks, ratings, blah blah blah.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/report-says-mirrors-edge-2-has-been-canned/2925/

"...there’s been what EA VP Patrick Soderlund calls a “small team” working on a demo of the game since, at least, mid-2009. But if a report that hit late last year is true, that team’s demo has been rejected, and thus so has Mirror’s Edge 2..."

Damn. Mirror's Edge had its problems but I think it deserved a sequel as much as Dead Space did. Maybe they couldn't come up with any interesting ideas. Anyone got more info?

Mar

codswallop said:
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/report-says-mirrors-edge-2-has-been-canned/2925/

"...there’s been what EA VP Patrick Soderlund calls a “small team” working on a demo of the game since, at least, mid-2009. But if a report that hit late last year is true, that team’s demo has been rejected, and thus so has Mirror’s Edge 2..."

Damn. Mirror's Edge had its problems but I think it deserved a sequel as much as Dead Space did. Maybe they couldn't come up with any interesting ideas. Anyone got more info?

That Giant Bomb headline is inflammatory. It may as well have been reported by Fox.

It hasn't been 'canned'. If you read the source material on Eurogamer you see that EA have rejected a prototype and the developers are working on other projects.

Pretty sad that Giant Bomb are resorting to sensationalist headlines to be honest.

Bernbaum

Mar said:
That Giant Bomb headline is inflammatory. It may as well have been reported by Fox.

It hasn't been 'canned'. If you read the source material on Eurogamer you see that EA have rejected a prototype and the developers are working on other projects.

Pretty sad that Giant Bomb are resorting to sensationalist headlines to be honest.
Wow, surprised to see GB do that sort of thing if it is indeed a click-grab. Just as well Eurogamer are on the case.

guidop

HolyCheck said:
many questions

Buying a house would be pretty silly, it is not a viable option considering prices in Melbourne. Are you coming to Melbourne to study? to work?

Kew and Hawthorn bit further out but middle to upper. All subrubs in inner Melbourne are pretty nice maybe look into Clifton Hill and Fitzroy north. Collingwood is good but a bit dodge in parts same with Fitzroy but they are great places to live especially Fitzroy both places are about a 10-25 minute walk to the MCG. Feel free to post up any places or areas and I'll be able to pass judgement I know the the inner north and east really well down to street names almost so I'll be able to point out any issues.

Studios usually refer to Artist studios; great big wide open space, shitty living conditions / none at all. Studio apartments; studios converted to apartments, so old factories and old industrial buildings converted into apartments.

If you want something nice you'll be paying more then $200 for sure. Your best bet is renting with others where you can share a nice place that would cost 800 or so a week over 4 or 5 people. Any Apartment for students or advertised to student will be a sardine can, absolute tiny pieces of crap built to fleece foreign students.

Can't really help you on bills and the like. But with food probably looking at about 100 or so a week though i can give you some pointers on saving money when buying food.

Perhaps adding Giantbomb to my RSS feeds recently was a mistake. Haven't really read their stuff before so not sure if they're a bit schlocky?

hamchan

codswallop said:
Perhaps adding Giantbomb to my RSS feeds recently was a mistake. Haven't really read their stuff before so not sure if they're a bit schlocky?

Is there an RSS feed just for their videos? If so just add that one.

Their news is sorta behind everyone elses and most of the time written by Brad Nicholson. I miss the old days when the main crew used to write all the news.

Mar

codswallop said:

No, not really. That's the first headline I've seen that's an obvious grab for clicks.

I'm a paying member of Giant Bomb, I listen to their podcast every week, watch all their quicklooks regardless the game, and generally consume everything they put out. I don't pay much attention to their critique (their views are wildly opposite to my own) but they are an entertaining group of guys and generally have good editorial.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gazunta said:
SOMEBODY POST SOMETHING I'M BORED TO HELL AAAAAAGH

Back to Mulgrave for me tomorrow i think, Instead of the city. Isn't that exciting Gaz.

Now unconfirmed, Staying in south melbourne.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
guidop said:
Buying a house would be pretty silly, it is not a viable option considering prices in Melbourne. Are you coming to Melbourne to study? to work?

Kew and Hawthorn bit further out but middle to upper. All subrubs in inner Melbourne are pretty nice maybe look into Clifton Hill and Fitzroy north. Collingwood is good but a bit dodge in parts same with Fitzroy but they are great places to live especially Fitzroy both places are about a 10-25 minute walk to the MCG. Feel free to post up any places or areas and I'll be able to pass judgement I know the the inner north and east really well down to street names almost so I'll be able to point out any issues.

Studios usually refer to Artist studios; great big wide open space, shitty living conditions / none at all. Studio apartments; studios converted to apartments, so old factories and old industrial buildings converted into apartments.

If you want something nice you'll be paying more then $200 for sure. Your best bet is renting with others where you can share a nice place that would cost 800 or so a week over 4 or 5 people. Any Apartment for students or advertised to student will be a sardine can, absolute tiny pieces of crap built to fleece foreign students.

Can't really help you on bills and the like. But with food probably looking at about 100 or so a week though i can give you some pointers on saving money when buying food.

many thanks, I was in the middle of a mental break down lastnight.. after making that post I then when and blogged mylife as ash ketchum in the first person whilst playing pokemon red.

coming to work! I really need to flesh out the details, but yes the moving in with other people is an option I guess but I need to find people I know (even if it's just gaffers) as I'm very uneasy about moving in with people i've had 0 interaction with before!

will post more Q's / info as the weeks go on and I too know more!

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
Wow, surprised to see GB do that sort of thing if it is indeed a click-grab. Just as well Eurogamer are on the case.

Given the quotes in the article, arguments over the semantics of "canned" vs "stopped" vs "declined" are pretty pointless as it sounds like the project is dead in the water. Like any piece of work, it can always be reinitiated but when no approval is given to continue development and the team members are reassigned to other pieces of work, it's not happening in the immediate future.

Agyar

My copy of MvC 3 shipped from Ozgameshop yesterday, should have it early next week. Pumped for mashing buttons and one thousand hit combos happening.

Gazunta

You guys are awesome, thanks :)

Tempted to go into town and pick up MvC3...but know, deep in my heart, that I will stop playing it five minutes after I start because I have no idea how to play it.
Just like I did every single other time I bought every single other one of these VS games

hamchan

Gazunta said:
You guys are awesome, thanks :)

Tempted to go into town and pick up MvC3...but know, deep in my heart, that I will stop playing it five minutes after I start because I have no idea how to play it.
Just like I did every single other time I bought every single other one of these VS games
You'll be happy to know MvC3 is easy to play! No crazy 1 frame links like in SF4.

legend166

I own precisely one fighting game - Soul Calibur 2.

Yes, my 15 year old self bought it because Link was in it.

I was never any good at it.

MrSerrels

Choc - I finally got round to finishing that R4 legal thing you were arguing on Kotaku about - you better read it because it was a bloody bitch to write!

Why For?

Banned
Someone broke on MvC3!!!!

Just picked up my copy from JB South Wharf.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Leaving for home in t-minus 50 minutes.

edit: beaten.

Agyar

Salazar said:
Is it daft to buy Bulletstorm for single-player ?

As far as I'm aware, the only multiplayer in Bulletstorm is cooperative score attack stuff so no. The rest of it is made up of a campaign and a score attack mode with level segments and leaderboards (and possibly some more stuff).

giri

legend166 said:
I own precisely one fighting game - Soul Calibur 2.

Yes, my 15 year old self bought it because Link was in it.

I was never any good at it.
Soul Caliburs the only fighting franchise i bothered to get any good at.

It's pure win.

cept for balance. Sigh.

Waikis

MrSerrels said:
Choc - I finally got round to finishing that R4 legal thing you were arguing on Kotaku about - you better read it because it was a bloody bitch to write!

Can I get a link to the article? I can get you access to some legal databases if you need it too.

legend166

Salazar said:

What a dumb rant.

To act as if any code is any different with regards to drug use screams of ignorance. I guarantee there's a similar number of players on the gear in the AFL, NRL, A-League, Cricket, whatever.

This line is particularly hilarious:

“I can tell you there are players on drugs. Why? Because I am linked with the underworld and I know people and they tell me things ...

Why has this guy got link with the underworld?

Agyar

legend166 said:
I know nothing about Bulletstorm but it sounds like a Vanquish clone.

The only real similarities between the two are that they're both single-player shooters with a score attack theme and mode. Hell, one is first person and the other is third person, so calling one a clone of the other is a tad ridiculous.

Salazar

legend166 said:
What a dumb rant.

To act as if any code is any different with regards to drug use screams of ignorance. I guarantee there's a similar number of players on the gear in the AFL, NRL, A-League, Cricket, whatever.

A-League wages can't support a habit.

I agree that his "I have underworld connections" line is hilarious.

legend166

Agyar said:
The only real similarities between the two are that they're both single-player shooters with a score attack theme and mode. Hell, one is first person and the other is third person, so calling one a clone of the other is a tad ridiculous.

Hey, I told you I didn't know anything about Bulletstorm. I didn't even know it was first person!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom