• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydahs

A lot of interesting discussion going on here. You know what's more interesting?

The NeoGAF AFL Dream Team CODE: 321888

5 GAFers in it so far, we need 11 more for a full league. Go go go!

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
It's modified? Aww man.......

I'm not sold on the game, but it's like the bleeped-out version of RatM's Killing in the Name of.

i.e: Why fucking bother

EDIT: It's not modified.
Awesome.

PS. Where did the dicktits thing come from? I've really only just cottoned on to Bulletstorm itself and now I see it everywhere :(

Ydahs said:
A lot of interesting discussion going on here. You know what's more interesting?

The NeoGAF AFL Dream Team CODE: 321888

5 GAFers in it so far, we need 11 more for a full league. Go go go!

I've joined, haven't done my team yet though since you never know who might pick up a big injury.

hirokazu

MrSerrels said:
Sure: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/02/mods-vs-lockers-region-coding-and-the-legal-dilemma/

And thanks man - although I reckon it'll be a while before I write something like this again. Was glad I had a couple of experts to help clarify some of the points for me.
Great article. Really insightful and clears up a lot of misconceptions. This got me thinking - is it possible that Sony made all their systems since the PSP region-free precisely so that people couldn't make the region-locking circumvention argument when dealing with modchips? Given that they were the ones who had their PS2 modchip lawsuit thrown out...

trinest

legend166 said:
I own precisely one fighting game - Soul Calibur 2.

Yes, my 15 year old self bought it because Link was in it.

I was never any good at it.
I got it because of that and because my mum asked this crazy old lady if it was good.

Mush

ZMaJjl.png

fisheyes

Mush said:

I don't know if this is old news, but regarding the lol wat arrow, I was in EB today and saw a sign allowing me to get 5% extra trade in value for my iPod if I traded it in for Marvel vs Capcom. Not for just any game, but specifically for Marvel vs Capcom.

lol wat indeed.

EDIT: I love Adam Hills. This Gordon St Tonight show is great.

this just came from Amazon UK

"We now offer FREE Super Saver Delivery to Australia and New Zealand when you spend £25 or more on Books, DVD and Music."

now, I spend a lot with them. And it looks as though I will continue to do so...

Darklord

Banned
ClivePwned said:

"We now offer FREE Super Saver Delivery to Australia and New Zealand when you spend £25 or more on Books, DVD and Music."

now, I spend a lot with them. And it looks as though I will continue to do so...

Never used Amazon UK...that might change.

Edit: aww man, I ordered some stuff from the UK the other day. One was a Fightpad for MvC3. I notice they had it for 60% on sale. FUUUU :(

Jintor

Darklord said:
Never used Amazon UK...that might change.

Edit: aww man, I ordered some stuff from the UK the other day. One was a Fightpad for MvC3. I notice they had it for 60% on sale. FUUUU :(

No games? Damn. Was gonna get all my 3DS stuff from the UK...

Axiom

I check with excitement and change cities to Melbourne.

"Get $60 of anything for $29 from ANY of Frat House’s 16 stores!"

Fuck off.

Gazunta

!!! Great idea Bern.

And Clive, Amazon offering you free shipping is like offering Shane Warne a phone plan with unlimited free texts. IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, SEEK HELP

Bernbaum

ClivePwned said:

This news may fundamentally change the universe I live in.

Nemesis_

"Free" shipping only exists to highlight how awful it is and how you must pay for postage. >_> Especially in Amazon's case.

So since gamebryo wouldn't install and i couldn't do any homework, i played mafia 2. For 6 hours. Longest gaming streak since, er.. Retro game challenge? Anyway, i love this game. The city is great, the graphics are incredible (though, didn't seem to scale so well to 1080p), i'm in love with everything related to gunfights in this game. The cover system is so very arcade-styled and the pop and shoot is amazing and feels very nice, compared to gears' sluggishness. The cars look great, handle like shit. The characters are fucking spot on, vito is likeable, as well as the model being ridiculously detailed, especially in the face. I really enjoyed the made man dlc also, going through some scenes wearing a pink suit is beyond hilarious. Vice city levels of funny. The whole
jail sequence
was fantastic, even after a sluggish start. Seriously, go play this game unless you don't like the basic mechanics of what an open world car game is.
I also literally stopped playing it because of uni tomorrow morning. I used my phone to type out this post so forgive the lack of formatting

giri

Agyar said:
You still championing IE?
When did i champion I.E. ? i haven't used IE as my main browser since before Fire Fox came out.

Mar said:
He programs in java. One broken platform begets another.

Joke would be funnier if you could program :p

Actually i haven't done any java stuff for years. I'm stuck in a land of php, jscript and mysql and other such fun* things.

*not so fun.

Nemesis556 said:
"Free" shipping only exists to highlight how awful it is and how you must pay for postage. >_> Especially in Amazon's case.

amazon do have one other redeeming feature- they don't charge you the UK VAT

giri said:
I'm stuck in a land of php, jscript and mysql and other such fun* things.

*not so fun.
Replace MySQL with Oracle and you'll want to end things really fast. Even MSSQL is amazing in comparison with Oracle. Actually, MSSQL 2008 isn't too bad.

giri

codswallop said:
Replace MySQL with Oracle and you'll want to end things really fast. Even MSSQL is amazing in comparison with Oracle. Actually, MSSQL 2008 isn't too bad.
Yeah, MSSQL isn't too bad.

But don't Oracle own MySQL now? in theory anyway, cause i'm sure Sun bought MySQL and Oracle bought Sun.

Choc

Banned
Mar said:
? This does not exist as far as I'm aware. Every Edge I've bought (most of them) is UK.

If it does, where do I apply for a job?

Australian Edge was an ill fated Australian version of the UK magazine that was headed by Kevin Cheung, cost almost as much as the UK version (its biggest failing) and lasted about six months.

Gazunta

Yeah what Choc said. It actually wasn't a bad magazine, it just pissed me off that I couldn't buy the real Edge for six months. I have this stupid hole in my collection.

Edge and Next Gen were on the shelves at the same time, making the situation even sillier. I bought both even though they shared 50% of their content, because the other 50% was so good.

Mar

Gazunta said:
Yeah what Choc said. It actually wasn't a bad magazine, it just pissed me off that I couldn't buy the real Edge for six months. I have this stupid hole in my collection.

Edge and Next Gen were on the shelves at the same time, making the situation even sillier. I bought both even though they shared 50% of their content, because the other 50% was so good.

Yeah now that you mention it, I remember this.

Gaz, have you digitally subscribed to Edge or are you still getting the papery version? I'm still buying it from store shelves but thinking of jumping on the digital subscription as an addition. It's so cheap (and portable to all platforms) that it seems silly not to.

http://gb.zinio.com/browse/publications/index.jsp?productId=500608921&sch=true

Though I'm yet to part with my money...

jambo

Choc said:
so Qantas SYD to PERTH will now be 747s

wow, thats nuts.

and A330 (also an international plane) SYD to MEL

crazy
Yeah my housemates are travel agents and they just got notified the other day.

Good idea, those flights between Perth and Sydney do take a while.

Choc

Banned
Mar said:
Yeah now that you mention it, I remember this.

Gaz, have you digitally subscribed to Edge or are you still getting the papery version? I'm still buying it from store shelves but thinking of jumping on the digital subscription as an addition. It's so cheap (and portable to all platforms) that it seems silly not to.

http://gb.zinio.com/browse/publications/index.jsp?productId=500608921&sch=true

Though I'm yet to part with my money...

wait what, digital? awesome :eek: and its through zinio which is on ipad :D

ive been buying edge monthly for like 15 bucks

giri

As someone who subscribes to ESPN and gets their mag electronically every month, they're just not as good as getting the paper version.

Just, much easier to forget about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom