• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydahs

So today my site achieved:
1,700 visits (1100 unique visitors)
14,400 page views (4500 between 5-6pm)
120 new members (before today was ~35)
1,000 chat messages

To put things into perspective, the last ten days I had a combined total of 4k pageviews and 700 visits. Gotta thank the leading DT website for posting it on Facebook and the leading DT site's match viewer for being down for most of the day.

I was hoping to have fifteen active users by the end of the year, I think I might have just achieved that during the preseason :D

Downside to all of this, I've yet to start Chrono Trigger :(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Things to not discuss at an Ausgaf meetup: Chicken Schnittys.

also Parmy + Schnitty = correct.

Parma + Schnitter = wtf.

Caramello

Ydahs said:
So today my site achieved:
1,700 visits (1100 unique visitors)
14,400 page views (4500 between 5-6pm)
120 new members (before today was ~35)
1,000 chat messages

To put things into perspective, the last ten days I had a combined total of 4k pageviews and 700 visits. Gotta thank the leading DT website for posting it on Facebook and the leading DT site's match viewer for being down for most of the day.

I was hoping to have fifteen active users by the end of the year, I think I might have just achieved that during the preseason :D

Downside to all of this, I've yet to start Chrono Trigger :(

Congrats man, some impressive figures you got there.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who calls schnitzel schnittey or schnitter should be shot on site.

Parma was what I was raised on. Parmy is too bogan.

Rez said:

Regardless of what it's properly called, I pronounce it "PAR-MAR-JAH-NAH". Therefore, it is a parma. Fuck y'all.

Fg7Fd.jpg

Danoss

Megadrive said:
So my girlfriend got this today. It's ridiculously cute and it's peed on me already. No name yet. It's a girl, suggestions?
Only a rabbit. You can call it dropkick, garbage eater, pointless pet, future dinner, the list goes on...

Ventron

Rez said:

Same. Parmigiana is 4 syllables and I always shortened it to Parma (and its far easier to say than Parmy with an Aussie accent).
But why shorten Schitzel to Schnitty or Sandwich to Sanga? You're not saving any syllables.

Bernbaum

de Blob appears in a different colour on each different version of the upcoming sequel, which comes out on Thursday. The assignment of '360=green, Wii=blue, PS3=Red' is a pretty good chromatic summation of each of the consoles, although the 'Playstation' brand could just as well be associated with black. The background art differs too, so hats off to Bluetongue/THQ for not just re-hashing the same assets.

de Blob 2 will be great.

9ulukn.jpg

Bernbaum said:
de Blob appears in a different colour on each different version of the upcoming sequel, which comes out on Thursday. The assignment of '360=green, Wii=blue, PS3=Red' is a pretty good chromatic summation of each of the consoles, although the 'Playstation' brand could just as well be associated with black. The background art differs too, so hats off to Bluetongue/THQ for not just re-hashing the same assets.

de Blob 2 will be great.

I knew this was out soon, but this week? Colour me excited!

So I finished Dragon Age Origins over the weekend. I originally played up to just before you complete the third alliance and start the
Landsmeet
, put it down for about eight months, and played what is really the second half (it was for me, timewise, at least) in a couple of weeks.

I remember putting it down because something more interesting came along, and the plot wasn't really keeping me interested. But holy crap, once you hit the point where the story begins a single plotline again, have to
rescue the princess
, it feels like every choice you make has real and significant consequences, and the choices you've made up until then are important as well.

By the
Landsmeet
, I didn't end up having completed enough side quests to
sway support to my side
. What I didn't care for was the "Climax" battle -- it went on for way too long and didn't really feel like there was much point other than drawing things out a bit longer. The
final battle against the Archdemon
I didn't long and drawn out, and quite uninteresting. As a mage all I ended up doing was hanging back and healing the rest of the party, which is something I almost never did for the rest of the game (instead actually using spells and such).

Right at the end
my character made the ultimate sacrifice
and that'll be interesting to see how that fits into the expansion, though I already know it does. I was pumped to play the second half of the game again to see the different endings, until I actually saw the ending, which was
a series of screens with explanatory text
and put me right off, and instead I just read about them on wikia.

Really glad I picked it up again and played through to the finish though. The game definitely has its problems, but I enjoyed it much more than I expected based on playing the first half last year.

Danoss said:
Only a rabbit. You can call it dropkick, garbage eater, pointless pet, future dinner, the list goes on...
Call it Fudin.

MrSerrels

Actually really looking forward to de Blob 2. Have totally fallen in love with that game.

Still haven't bothered to try Killzone 3. Just have mad shooter fatigue right now.

So I'm back from Kiwiland. Auckland, Waiuku, Rotorua, Taupo and Waitomo. I had trouble getting it into my head that I was technically in a foreign country except for odd moments when people would use slang I didn't understand or when Maori blokes would call me "bru".

L&P is nice, by the way. It's world-famous in New Zealand.

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I'm back from Kiwiland. Auckland, Waiuku, Rotorua, Taupo and Waitomo. I had trouble getting it into my head that I was technically in a foreign country except for odd moments when people would use slang I didn't understand or when Maori blokes would call me "bru".

Hopefully you souveniered a pair of jandals and a chilly-bin!

Fredescu

Several times, but many years ago. The view is amazing, and the food and cocktails were always great, but it was too long ago (7-10 years ago) to say whether the same is true now.

rass

viciouskillersquirrel said:

hell yes it is. Did I tell you, or people on my facebook to drink it?

I only found out what jandals were when I was wandering around queenstown in <10°c weather in thongs and shorts (I fell in a creek in my only long pants and shoes haha). "bit chilly for jandals" from a gallery attendant was met with a blank stare from me until he pointed at my feet.

Also, did you head through any of the thermal parks in rotorua?
specifically http://www.waiotapu.co.nz/
I loved that place.

rass said:
hell yes it is. Did I tell you, or people on my facebook to drink it?

I only found out what jandals were when I was wandering around queenstown in <10°c weather in thongs and shorts (I fell in a creek in my only long pants and shoes haha). "bit chilly for jandals" from a gallery attendant was met with a blank stare from me until he pointed at my feet.

Also, did you head through any of the thermal parks in rotorua?
specifically http://www.waiotapu.co.nz/
I loved that place.
We went to this place called Hell's Gate because my fiance wanted to bathe in the mud then take a sulphur spa. It was nice, but the sulphur makes your togs smell.

And yes, I believe it was you who told me to drink L&P.

Choc said:
anyone here been to summit restaurant @ Australia Square?

is it good
Went there for my christmas party last year. Wasn't too bad, food was a bit small. The views are awesome [only reason we went there was because I work in the building lol]

Choc

Banned
untoldhero said:
Went there for my christmas party last year. Wasn't too bad, food was a bit small. The views are awesome [only reason we went there was because I work in the building lol]

its fine dining, food is always small :p

i imagine the group menu is prolly different to

Slightly funny Carcassonne story: I tried playing (table top version) with my gf for the first time a couple of weeks ago, I kicked her arse and she complained that she didn't really enjoy it or understand it.

Last night I caught her playing it on the iPad, turns out she has been secretly practicing for the past two weeks. :lol

Also, just found a Mars bar in my bag that I bought last week and completely forgot about. Finding delicious forgotten treats IMO is up there or maybe slightly better than finding forgotten money in pockets

Choc

Banned
so fucking sick of people not getting the whole geohot case and why its not a fucking 'he fucking caused psn cheats fuck him' scenario

small minded people seriously

legend166

Tell me about it, Choc. That thread was giving me Choc levels of rage.

Also, choc, Pay TV ratings for last week:

Week 8
5 City Metro average
1 Live: AFL: NAB Cup Pool 5 Syd V Gc Fox Sports 1 238,000
2 Live: AFL: NAB Cup Pool 5 Gws V Gc Fox Sports 1 228,000
3 Live: AFL: NAB Cup Pool 5 Gws V Syd Fox Sports 1 187,000
4 Live: Rugby League: Charity Shield Fox Sports 3 175,000
5 Live: Super Rugby: Rebels V Waratahs Fox Sports 2 175,000
6 Live: AFL: NAB Cup Pool 3 Haw V Fre Fox Sports 1 162,000
7 Live: AFL: NAB Cup Pool 3 Wc V Haw Fox Sports 1 158,000
8 Live: AFL: NAB Cup Pool 3 Wc V Fre Fox Sports 1 108,000
9 Live: Super Rugby: Brumbies V Chiefs Fox Sports 2 99,000
10 Live: Rugby League: Charity Shield Pre Game Fox Sports 3 83,000
11 Live: Super Rugby: Blues V Crusaders Fox Sports 2 74,000
12 Live: Super Rugby: Hurr V Highlanders Fox Sports 2 68,000
13 Live: Cricket: World Cup Warm-Up Fox Sports 2 66,000
14 Live: Rugby League: Charity Shield Post Game Fox Sports 3 54,000
15 Live: Super Rugby: Post Game Show Fox Sports 2 53,000
16 Selling Houses Australia Extreme Lifestyle Channel 51,000
17 2011 Annual Grammy Awards Fox8 50,000
18 Tinker Bell And The Great Fairy Rescue Playhouse Disney 47,000
19 Live: 2011 Annual Grammy Awards Fox8 46,000
20 Live: Cricket: ICC World Cup: Ind V Bang Fox Sports 3 44,000
21 American Idol Fox8 43,000
22 Live: Cricket: National One Day Cup Fox Sports 1 40,000
23 Live: Football: A-League Finals Week 1 Fox Sports 1 40,000
24 New Tricks UKTV 39,000
25 Cricket: ICC Cricket Show Fox Sports 1 38,000

The AFL must be happy.

So, the best scripted programming from last week was "Tinker Bell And The Great Fairy Rescue"? This is why I don't watch Australian TV any more. So I'm glad I ditched Pay TV a few years back.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Tell me about it, Choc. That thread was giving me Choc levels of rage.

Also, choc, Pay TV ratings for last week:

The AFL must be happy.

i admit it, i watched those 3 AFL Games (GWS, GC, SYD) as they had new teams and i wanted to see the NRL boys

i think most people probably the same, but good no doubt yes

also where do you get these numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom