• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
roosters93 said:
That sounds like a pretty good deal if it's $60 a month INCLUDING phone repayments.
Which carrier is it with?

Its with optus.

legend166 said:
Is it a work phone?

Who would ever use $700 worth of calls in a month? That's nuts.

Nah just a personal phone. I doubt she will use anywhere near that much. She regularly talks to her mum for reallty extended periods of time (and i mean hours) but i doubt it will amount to anything like that.

I can't understand it either, i feel like $700 could last me a few years.

Shaneus

Frawdder said:
Only rumours at this stage. Bernie has decided he's going to leave it up to the Bahrain Government to decide if it should go ahead.

This was linked in the F1 thead http://gulfnews.com/sport/motorsport/bahrain-grand-prix-to-be-rescheduled-to-end-of-season-1.765003 not sure how credible it is though.

Personally, I don't see the upcoming test or the race happening, hopefully they don't reschedule it either just so we can have one less boring GP this season.
I hope it does somehow get cancelled. (At least) one more shot at Melbourne being the first GP of the season would be perfect. Should help sell a few more tickets, too.

legend166

Adventure, you're a League man - why on earth would Brisbane sack their coach prior to the season starting? Something must have happened, right?

legend166 said:
Adventure, you're a League man - why on earth would Brisbane sack their coach prior to the season starting? Something must have happened, right?

As far as i can tell they are offering him extra pay not too say anything. I would say that Brisbane is up to something shady.

The Brisbane 2 bid has been talking up their chances of picking up Wayne bennett and i think the broncos are desperate to get him back. So it may have something to do with that.

Its a pretty dumb move really and he didn't deserve to be sacked. NRL clubs seem to do this sort of shitty move all the time and i really don't like it. Do AFL clubs treat their coaches like this?

Edit: Now they're trotting out the line that he lost support of the senior players and saying there was a report done at the end of 2010 that led them to their current position.

I don't buy that, if that was true they wouldn't have waited till now. Moreso i really question the timing because the broncos were dominant in both there trials and are looking very promising.

Salazar

legend166 said:

The "offer to return to the club" is just as bogus as it gets.

giri

AdventureRacing said:
As far as i can tell they are offering him extra pay not too say anything. I would say that Brisbane is up to something shady.

The Brisbane 2 bid has been talking up their chances of picking up Wayne bennett and i think the broncos are desperate to get him back. So it may have something to do with that.

Its a pretty dumb move really and he didn't deserve to be sacked. NRL clubs seem to do this sort of shitty move all the time and i really don't like it. Do AFL clubs treat their coaches like this?

Edit: Now they're trotting out the line that he lost support of the senior players and saying there was a report done at the end of 2010 that led them to their current position.

I don't buy that, if that was true they wouldn't have waited till now. Moreso i really question the timing because the broncos were dominant in both there trials and are looking very promising.

I agree, there's something more to it, but there was a lot of talk of the bronco's senior players not liking him and ignoring him at training at the end of the last season. Why, if they were going down this path, not do it at the end of the season? well, something must've happened at one of the training sessions.

but in all honesty, who the hell CAN coach lockyer and co? there's very few coaches who would have much to teach lockyer if anything at all. Bellamy? Gould? maybe. few others i could think of.

Danoss

giri said:
but in all honesty, who the hell CAN coach lockyer and co? there's very few coaches who would have much to teach lockyer if anything at all. Bellamy? Gould? maybe. few others i could think of.
Well, if you let them run around doing whatever they want on the field, you end up with a performance like the Eels in 2010.

It's not a matter of teaching them new things, it's much more than that. If there's a lack of respect for the coach and crew, that's a whole lot worse.

giri said:
I agree, there's something more to it, but there was a lot of talk of the bronco's senior players not liking him and ignoring him at training at the end of the last season. Why, if they were going down this path, not do it at the end of the season? well, something must've happened at one of the training sessions.

I think a lot of it comes down to Wayne Bennett leaving. A lot of these players have spent most of, if not all of their careers under him. His the best league coach of all time and he was just great with the players. I just think the players have been spoilt.

I still don't think its all down to the players. They looked great in the trials and also looked much more enthusiastic than last year. That plus the timing just seems off.

I think its almost certainly down to the management.

legend166

Eh, I think the moment you let players start deciding the fate of coaches, something needs to be done about the players, not the coach.

Obviously there are exceptions to this, but the players need to learn their place.

It sounds like what happened with Terry Wallace in the AFL. A bunch of Richmond players (including some hacks like Jake King) basically asked for his resignation. And that was after 5 years of Richmond being terrible. The Broncos missed the finals once and are looking promising for this year.

legend166 said:
Eh, I think the moment you let players start deciding the fate of coaches, something needs to be done about the players, not the coach.

Obviously there are exceptions to this, but the players need to learn their place.

It sounds like what happened with Terry Wallace in the AFL. A bunch of Richmond players (including some hacks like Jake King) basically asked for his resignation. And that was after 5 years of Richmond being terrible. The Broncos missed the finals once and are looking promising for this year.

For some reason league seems to be heading that way more and more. When things turn to shit just blame the coach. I can think of situations where the coach is clearly doing something wrong (like ricky stuart) but for the most part i hate this attitude in all sports.

The players just need to pull their heads in some times.

Mar

Rez said:
oh wow! I know what I'll be treating myself to once they get that up and running on iPhone.

I'm not overly fussed they haven't got the mag up on the iPhone app yet, as reading magazines on an iPhone is kind of... Well, unreadable. I have bought a few issues of Retrogamer for the iPhone and it's really hard to read even a couple of pages. Lots of scrolling and magnifying. It's better used as a reference point which was my plan for Edge.

Still holding off on buying an iPad. Seems like a large amount of money just so I can read a few magazines.

markot

Banned
NRL is the most boring league since the invention of leagues in 2342 bc by Gaulish tribes in the Le'aguish regions of modern France.

Ironically those pre historic roots are still ascertainable in the genetics of most of the players, their large fore heads, the inability to string two sentences together, the high comedy of dressing like a chick.

Agyar

The Bulletstorm demo is fantastic and I keep coming back to it, even with other real games to play. Just played it through a few times and increased my high score from just over 9k to 12370. I know I missed the Rear Entry skill shot and there's bound to be a bunch of other stuff I didn't get, considering the top of the leaderboard is 25k.

markot

Banned
The funness of any game is immediately diminished by the usage of GFWL. Also the fact that they cant be assed to release a demo for PC until after launch... so instead we got the great bs game taking the piss of cod... yay. Screw em imo, better games coming out, relegated itself to bargain bin >.<

Salazar

Mar said:
Still holding off on buying an iPad. Seems like a large amount of money just so I can read a few magazines.

The New Yorker on iPad is about half the price and is awesome. I just started grabbing them that way this week, and it's so good.

markot said:
NRL is the most boring league since the invention of leagues in 2342 bc by Gaulish tribes in the Le'aguish regions of modern France.

Ironically those pre historic roots are still ascertainable in the genetics of most of the players, their large fore heads, the inability to string two sentences together, the high comedy of dressing like a chick.

......Come on.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Mar said:
I'm not overly fussed they haven't got the mag up on the iPhone app yet, as reading magazines on an iPhone is kind of... Well, unreadable. I have bought a few issues of Retrogamer for the iPhone and it's really hard to read even a couple of pages. Lots of scrolling and magnifying. It's better used as a reference point which was my plan for Edge.

well, yeah, the unsaid thing there was "when I get the iPad 2 in April"

Ydahs

I'm almost convinced it's winter here in Melbourne.

In other news, today I tried replacing my laptop's backlight with the one I bought off eBay, but it still didn't light up. Transformer might be dead... looks like I'm gonna have to cough up $300 for a full screen replacement since the three comp. techs I spoke to said they don't do backlight replacements.

hamchan

Finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and it was awesome. I liked it much more than the first one. I think whatever problems were in the 360 version of the game were fixed since I never encountered any cheap enemies or cheap difficulty.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Woo day off because i'm sorta sick. I don't think the healthy guy at work wants someone near him who has a cold.

Now to be bored for the entire day :(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
evlcookie said:
Woo day off because i'm sorta sick. I don't think the healthy guy at work wants someone near him who has a cold.

Now to be bored for the entire day :(

dude! IdrA v Jinro showmatch in 1.5 hour! THEN THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT FROM INCONTROL!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
HolyCheck said:
dude! IdrA v Jinro showmatch in 1.5 hour! THEN THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT FROM INCONTROL!

Then get in steam chat so you can remind me!

I have finally gotten all my fraud money back, the last one came through overnight by the looks of it. Now i just have to wait for the steam issue to be resolved.

Choc

Banned
legend166 [B said:
I think the moment you let players start deciding the fate of coaches[/B], .

Exhibit A: Essendon last year

Exhibit B: The entire fucking soccer world

legend, it happens in EVERY sport and already does. Easier to replace a coach then an entire playing roster so they coach always goes

Agyar

hamchan said:
Finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and it was awesome. I liked it much more than the first one. I think whatever problems were in the 360 version of the game were fixed since I never encountered any cheap enemies or cheap difficulty.
The 360 version was only really "cheap" when it came to projectile-spamming enemis off-screen (and even then this was more of an issue ok higher difficulties).

Other than that it was technical issues, with lots of slowdown and I believe Sigma 2's "fix" for this was to remove all the blood and halve the amount of enemies, which made it an easier game overall.

jambo

markot said:
The funness of any game is immediately diminished by the usage of GFWL. Also the fact that they cant be assed to release a demo for PC until after launch... so instead we got the great bs game taking the piss of cod... yay. Screw em imo, better games coming out, relegated itself to bargain bin >.<
How does GFWL diminish the "funness?"

And just get the demo when it comes out. It's not like you can only buy the game on the first day of release...

justin.au

Sup AusGAF, new member reporting in.

Yeah, super shitty re: the Christchurch quake :( NZ's hosting the Rugby WC later this year, yeah? I hope this doesn't fuck that up; those crazy Kiwis sure do love a bit of rugby.

rass

edit.
I retract my insensitive shite. I'm half kiwi and have friends living in Christchurch.

Christchurch was such a beautiful city when I visited last March, it must be difficult to live under constant threat of earthquake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom