• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a wedding in Maleny on the weekend. Nice place.
It was weird being without the internet and phone reception for nearly 3 days.
The Glasshouse Mountains are pretty cool.

Choc

Banned
Rumor has it the Bahrain Grand Prix is cancelled

All teams have cancelled all flights to Bahrain and will remain in Barcelona for the final test. Australia GP will be #1 again and Bahrain may be rescheduled later in the year.

Makes sense if true.

Apple says comparing different countries using currency conversions is not relevant.

looooool

Mar

Bought the Edge digital subscription on Zinio. Got tired of waiting the 2 weeks for the issues to appear in Australian stores.

Then I find out they haven't put them up on the iPhone app yet... Sigh.

At least I can read them on any computer... and it was only $39 for 13 issues so I can't really complain. Just hope they get it on the iPhone soon.

giri

Choc said:

All teams have cancelled all flights to Bahrain and will remain in Barcelona for the final test. Australia GP will be #1 again and Bahrain may be rescheduled later in the year.

Makes sense if true.

Apple says comparing different countries using currency conversions is not relevant.

looooool
I can almost see the licensing thing for music. But for software thats just bullshit.

Omikron

Choc said:

Makes sense if true.

looooool

EA don't price by region?

Choc

Banned
Omi said:

always one......

and i could see that coming a MILLENIUM away ;)

i just think its flat out funny for apple to deny that. Of course currency valuation should always come into consideration.....

the are other factors as well but for them to flat out say currency means shit is ridiculous

if the USD tanked and the AUD was 20c to the US dollar, you can guarantee itunes would go through the roof.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Mar said:
Bought the Edge digital subscription on Zinio. Got tired of waiting the 2 weeks for the issues to appear in Australian stores.

Then I find out they haven't put them up on the iPhone app yet... Sigh.

At least I can read them on any computer... and it was only $39 for 13 issues so I can't really complain. Just hope they get it on the iPhone soon.
oh wow! I know what I'll be treating myself to once they get that up and running on iPhone.

giri

Omi said:
All software companies in AU do.

There was a case once where a person pointed out to EA that in steam, they were charging the same price as what they were in america (at the time our $ was around .90 us). The next day EA had the game marked back up from 55 or 60, to 100.

Retarded.

And they wonder why people import everything.

Omikron

Choc said:
always one......

and i could see that coming a MILLENIUM away ;)

i just think its flat out funny for apple to deny that. Of course currency valuation should always come into consideration.....

the are other factors as well but for them to flat out say currency means shit is ridiculous

if the USD tanked and the AUD was 20c to the US dollar, you can guarantee itunes would go through the roof.

Heh, doesn't excuse the fact you are laughing at Apples expense when your company does the exact same thing. Which was the point I was trying to make. ;)

giri said:
All software companies in AU do.

There was a case once where a person pointed out to EA that in steam, they were charging the same price as what they were in america (at the time our $ was around .90 us). The next day EA had the game marked back up from 55 or 60, to 100.

Retarded.

And they wonder why people import everything.

As jambo said, just because they all do it, doesn't make it right.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Heh, doesn't excuse the fact you are laughing at Apples expense when your company does the exact same thing. Which was the point I was trying to make. ;)

well no omi, somewhat agree but we currency comes into consideration, it has to.

apple is just flat out denying it should.

giri

jambo said:
Oh that makes it ok then.
Omi said:

VOOK said:
Whining about one company doing price gouging isn't going to change anything. The entire industry needs reform.

Nothing will happen until the ACC or legistlation or the like gets brought in. If they made it illegal to region lock any hardware sold in AU, opening the country up to imports from any where, just watch the prices of everything get slashed.

Bernbaum

Agyar said:
Your ill-placed thieves could not compete with my mighty agricultural monopoly.
You had a 33% chance to pick up the one tile available to let you out-farm me on that 18-point field and you bloody well got it.

It’s not that I’m still sore about it or anything it’s just that I think the true winner should be decided by having an arm-wrestle or maybe a ‘Who’s the tallest?’ competition.

Bernbaum

Speaking of which, Carcassone runs on iPad - the perfect 'share and play' platform there is.

Who do we know that has an iPad with Carcassone?

hmmmm....

HMMMMMMMM......

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
You had a 33% chance to pick up the one tile available to let you out-farm me on that 18-point field and you bloody well got it.

It’s not that I’m still sore about it or anything it’s just that I think the true winner should be decided by having an arm-wrestle or maybe a ‘Who’s the tallest?’ competition.

It was more like 50/50 I believe, and the chances were increased drastically in that had Gazunta picked either piece, he most likely would have placed in similarly to myself (to finish his city).

Bam, Carcassowned.

Choc said:
soooooooooooooooooooo jill valentine is already on the disc

http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/20/marvel-vs-capcom-3-unofficial-video-of-jill-valentine/#more-150101

i thought we got over this shit with DLC? It says its unfinished but i dunno, that video makes her look pretty finished.

I thought the guys at SRK that found the stuff on the disc were pretty clear that it's primarily the model/art that's on the disc but the moveset etc is incomplete and doesn't even match what's been shown recently.

rass

Bernbaum said:
Speaking of which, Carcassone runs on iPad - the perfect 'share and play' platform there is.

Who do we know that has an iPad with Carcassone?

hmmmm....

HMMMMMMMM......
carcassone...
I've never heard of it but i like games.
Worth picking up for iPhone if I have noone to play with or is it a mp only affair?

Bernbaum

rass said:
carcassone...
I've never heard of it but i like games.
Worth picking up for iPhone if I have noone to play with or is it a mp only affair?
Good for both!
MP is where it's at

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it!

Choc

Banned
Agyar said:
It was more like 50/50 I believe, and the chances were increased drastically in that had Gazunta picked either piece, he most likely would have placed in similarly to myself (to finish his city).

Bam, Carcassowned.

I thought the guys at SRK that found the stuff on the disc were pretty clear that it's primarily the model/art that's on the disc but the moveset etc is incomplete and doesn't even match what's been shown recently.

apparently so, but the fact even part of her is on the disc sounds dodge

Agyar

Choc said:
apparently so, but the fact even part of her is on the disc sounds dodge

I would have thought that you of all people would have had at least a basic understanding of how software development projects are run and why jumping up and down about DLC content (or parts thereof) being on the disc is irrelevant and ridiculous.

legend166

giri said:
Nothing will happen until the ACC or legistlation or the like gets brought in. If they made it illegal to region lock any hardware sold in AU, opening the country up to imports from any where, just watch the prices of everything get slashed.

I will vote for whatever party runs with that policy.

Choc

Banned
Agyar said:
I would have thought that you of all people would have had at least a basic understanding of how software development projects are run and why jumping up and down about DLC content (or parts thereof) being on the disc is irrelevant and ridiculous.

haha no i understand to an extent, it does open themselves to accusations

fair call on my part though :sadface

Fredescu

Agyar said:
I would have thought that you of all people would have had at least a basic understanding of [...] why jumping up and down [...] is irrelevant and ridiculous.
I would have thought otherwise.

Omikron

Agyar said:
I just bought a real copy of Race for the Galaxy. Going to read through the rules this week and hopefully get a game going at the King George Square game night with a few interested folks.

Feel free to ask questions, because, you will have some. The rules can be a little confusing to start with. And definitely start with just the vanilla rule set for your first bunch of games.

Agyar

Omi said:
Feel free to ask questions, because, you will have some. The rules can be a little confusing to start with. And definitely start with just the vanilla rule set for your first bunch of games.

How2playgaem?

Frawdder

Shaneus said:
Where did you read the news about Bahrain, Choc? I can't find anything anywhere :/

Only rumours at this stage. Bernie has decided he's going to leave it up to the Bahrain Government to decide if it should go ahead.

This was linked in the F1 thead http://gulfnews.com/sport/motorsport/bahrain-grand-prix-to-be-rescheduled-to-end-of-season-1.765003 not sure how credible it is though.

Personally, I don't see the upcoming test or the race happening, hopefully they don't reschedule it either just so we can have one less boring GP this season.

So my partner came home with an iphone 4 today. Basically it sounds like the contract means she pays $60 a month as well as $360 in the first bill. She gets unlimited texts but as far as i can tell she still pays for phone calls. It's a 2 year contract.

Is this a halfway decent deal? She has been hinting at it for a while and i was going to look around for decent deals but didn't have a chance.

I'll probably check it out anyway see what it's like. I've never had anything besides a crappy old phone, so i wouldn't mind seeing what this sort of phone is like.

jambo said:
I have an iPad so I may get in in this game business.

Me too. I've played Carcassonne before a few times and it seems fun but I didn't really know what I was doing.

AdventureRacing said:
So my partner came home with an iphone 4 today. Basically it sounds like the contract means she pays $60 a month as well as $360 in the first bill. She gets unlimited texts but as far as i can tell she still pays for phone calls. It's a 2 year contract.

Is this a halfway decent deal? She has been hinting at it for a while and i was going to look around for decent deals but didn't have a chance.

I'll probably check it out anyway see what it's like. I've never had anything besides a crappy old phone, so i wouldn't mind seeing what this sort of phone is like.

Which model? 16GB or 32?
She would surely have a cap wouldn't she, instead of paying for calls outright?
And what's the data limit?

roosters93 said:
Which model? 16GB or 32?
She would surely have a cap wouldn't she, instead of paying for calls outright?
And what's the data limit?

Hmm, i honestly can't answer any of that. I'll try and find out (i really know nothing about this sort of thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom