• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choc said:
who the fuck is she, i have been to numerous industry events and she has been there?

She's a GAMING GURU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdgAMvH7fK0

justin.au said:
Sup AusGAF, new member reporting in.

Yeah, super shitty re: the Christchurch quake :( NZ's hosting the Rugby WC later this year, yeah? I hope this doesn't fuck that up; those crazy Kiwis sure do love a bit of rugby.

Welcome! Idle in Steam chat with us. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AusGAF

Choc

Banned
.com.au are more trouble than they are worth

you have to prove you should have the domain and that it somewhat has to do with your business

you have to have an ABN

and if some big company thinks they have a right on that .com.au in the future you have to fight like buggery to keep it

get a .com

Ydahs

Gazunta said:
Shady, just buy a .com for $15 and don't go through the hassle .com.au domains require?
I already have a .com. I thought it'd be good getting one after finding in the past few days people were Googling my domain name with a .com.au.

Guess I'll hold off for now and see if the traffic continues coming...

Ydahs

How did I miss this? The footage of the collapsed building with ~200 people is heart breaking. Absolutely horrifying stuff.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
Bahrain F1 cancelled.

Bugger!

had to happen, really did. You can't haev tanks in the streets and F1 cars racing about

edit: Also someone brought up something interesting somewhere, might have been this thread

for F1 2011, will Codemasters make the Bahrain GP not the first race?

and if they don't what does it mean and if they do what does it mean...

its a very good question.

To give you a reference point. THQ used to make the Moto GP series as we probably all know.

Anyway one year a rider, Daijiro Kato tragically lost his life in one of the races. THQ was working on the game of that year, and they did in the end apparently after much debate include him in the game.

Frawdder

Choc said:
had to happen, really did. You can't haev tanks in the streets and F1 cars racing about

edit: Also someone brought up something interesting somewhere, might have been this thread

for F1 2011, will Codemasters make the Bahrain GP not the first race?

and if they don't what does it mean and if they do what does it mean...

its a very good question.

To give you a reference point. THQ used to make the Moto GP series as we probably all know.

Anyway one year a rider, Daijiro Kato tragically lost his life in one of the races. THQ was working on the game of that year, and they did in the end apparently after much debate include him in the game.
F1 2011 probably won't come out until September so they have plenty of time to remove the race. I hope they do, that track is really boring to race on.

G'day, just thought I would post about another decent 3DS offer. I posted it in the other thread but incase it gets buried and my fellow Aussie friends miss out, here it is.

"For those that missed out on the awesome Dicksmith 3DS offer, the next best thing seems to be Big W with a price of $298 including free shipping. Pre-order deal available until the 28th of Feb."

Link

p.s Thinking about my New Zealand mates...

jambo

Good on BigW for matching the pre-order price. Doesn't come with a bundled game, but still better than every other retailer atm.

legend166

Man I feel like crap. Got that phlegm in my throat that is signaling an oncoming flu hit. I'd probably stay home tomorrow but I've got some dumb team meeting.

Ydahs

Programming is fun

iphone-wip.png

Sutton Dagger said:
"For those that missed out on the awesome Dicksmith 3DS offer, the next best thing seems to be Big W with a price of $298 including free shipping. Pre-order deal available until the 28th of Feb."

Unfortunately, GAME won't match it, because it's online only. Hopefully this extends to some bricks-and-mortar chain closer to launch.

Choc

Banned
O'Farrel confirms he will ban the Telstra 500 from Homebush and the V8 race will no longer occur if he wins NSW premiers job

there goes the bogan vote....

Liberal MP's using it as a local vote grabber.

Dear fucking morons. Don't live near an olympic park site if you don't want sport on.

It is the best race on the calendar, it brings 150,000 people to the track and injects millions into the economy with worldwide broadcast

small.minded.fuckheads.

AnkhWeasel said:
Unfortunately, GAME won't match it, because it's online only. Hopefully this extends to some bricks-and-mortar chain closer to launch.

Well the best 'brick and mortar' price so far is JB hifi.

It's $328 and if you pre-order you get a 3DS/DSi accessory pack with it (though it's mostly junk).

Frawdder

Choc said:
O'Farrel confirms he will ban the Telstra 500 from Homebush and the V8 race will no longer occur if he wins NSW premiers job

Dear fucking morons. Don't live near an olympic park site if you don't want sport on.

It is the best race on the calendar, it brings 150,000 people to the track and injects millions into the economy with worldwide broadcast

small.minded.fuckheads.
Uh...what?

Clipsal 500 gets 280,000 people each year and is one of SA's top money makers. On top of being the only race event to be in the V8 Supercar Hall of Fame. Plus being an awesome four days.

Oh and there's that one out at Bathurst that's pretty good.

But one of the few reasons to visit SA aside, that sucks. I went to the first Sydney 500 and thought it was quite good. It would be a shame to lose it.

Dead Man

Choc said:

small.minded.fuckheads.
What the fuck? Best race on the calendar? What are you smoking Choc?

Salazar

legend166 said:
What is this sorcery.

It pleases and irritates me in equal measure. Which irritates me.

Lost a bit of respect for the Greens spokeswoman, Sarah Hanson Young, blathering on about how "this country was founded on the idea of the fair go". Get fucked it was. We were a penal colony. We displaced and abused the indigenous population. We vilified and excluded foreigners as a matter of policy.

jambo

Seems to have been a large influx of Juniors, good to see some Aussies getting through!

EDIT: How do 150,000 people have a larger economic impact than 280,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom