• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

I have no interest in Halo Reach yet really want that console to replace my old breaks all the time 20gig as I think it looks pretty damn spiffy. Wonder if it'd be viable to trade in the copy of Mafia 2 I won and the included Reach to knock stuff of the price.

I am bad at this at saving money on video game products.

I bought Playstation Plus subscription and Whiskey Media Gold this year (though the free stuff with Plus has made it more than worth it)

giri

Choc said:
Jetstar just made the list, seriously.

So for the past few days I have been away in North Queensland @ a conference. All well and good flight up was ok.

Get the flight this afternoon. 30 minutes delay due to baggage issue. No problems, i fly quite a bit i understand that delays occur. Flight takes off 45 minutes late, fine, no worries.

Anyway, flight lands in Sydney and we hear the following on the PA "as you have already been told, a lot of luggage has been left in North Queensland"

ok

1) We were never told this before that announcement
2) By waiting until Sydney to tell us they were being sneaky
3) They left North Queensland clearing knowing that they were doing this

Anyway, so it turns out around EIGHTY PERCENT of the luggage was left behind. This caused chaos in the Terminal.

So ok, whoever made this decision made a very poor decision. They did not take into account the following

1) there were people with international connections on that flight, now they have no bags to take overseas.

2) There were people with babies, babies clothes and nappies, babies formula. All in these cases

3) what if people had medication they needed

Jetstar? More like JetFarce. If the media catch wind of it (and considering its affected about 200+ people) i'd say that its going to be front page.

what a load of crap. I personally am not that pissed off about the whole tihng as I was arriving home, but for people on holidays or with kids i can see why this is just a farce.

Qantas (and by association jetstar) are the worst airline to fly in australia. They have one of the worst arriving/departing on time ratings in Australia. Only fly with them if there is no other viable choice.

Virgin are just better at the whole domestic air travel thing. God knows how qantas let that happen. But its been that way for over 5 years now.

giri

Omi said:
I get flown Qantas with work and chose Virgin when I fly domestically for a reason. :lol

Same (well, work usually just takes which ever is cheaper, but i try to get them to go virgin). I've flown Qantas internationally in business class, and that was fine. But thats cause it was business class. We still departed late.

Jetstar have a fairly horrible service record too. Every other week you can read about one or another of their planes having to turn around and land due to some failure.

Choc

Banned
I had already decided long before this flight to never fly them again but when work organises it not much you can

from now on i will INSIST no Jstar, its just a joke

Still no contact, still no bag and my FUCKING IPAD is in that bag

They sure as fucking shit are going to pay for it if its lost

giri

Choc said:
I had already decided long before this flight to never fly them again but when work organises it not much you can

You're never going to see that ipad ever again.

In other news, Qantas bag handlers are the largest % owners of ipads compared to any other occupation in the country.

mandiller

Agyar said:
I want an iPad, primarily to play SimCity.
There's no iPad version of sim city, which makes me sad. The iPhone version doesn't look too bad on it though. Playing on a touchscreen is definitely good though. It fits in perfectly with the game.

As for qantas/jetstar flights. I'm flying down to Sydney from Brisbane on Friday with qantas. Wish me luck! I hope I don't have any baggage problems.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
viciouskillersquirrel said:
I'm flying to Japan on Jetstar. God help me.

Fuck you!

I was SO close to going, my friend and I were even organising our budgets.. but she couldnt get the time off work.. and what makes it worse is her boss is my Aunty.

gonna be sooo shitty at my aunty next I see her.

rass

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I'm flying to Japan on Jetstar. God help me.
I flew to Japan and back on Jetstar in 2008 and they were 2 of the best flights of my life. Left on time both ways, got back early. Worst part was the tin shed airport we had a stopover at up near Queensland. I'm flying to KL on AirAsia in March, now that, I'm actually concerned about.

Fredescu

giri said:
Everytime someone mentions it i remember in awe that Yahoo? i think bought Livejournal for millions.
Some Russian company bought it, but I can't find out how much for. Yahoo did buy Geocities for like $3 billion. The one that always blows my mind is that some other Russian company bought ICQ for $180 million this year.

Fredescu

evlcookie said:
Can't believe there's another channel though. Christ almighty, how many do we need.
Not about to complain about getting more free content, even if it's not aimed at me. FTA has been stagnant for way too long.

Deeku

Choc said:

Why the hell would you check in your bag with an ipad in it?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fredescu said:
Not about to complain about getting more free content, even if it's not aimed at me. FTA has been stagnant for way too long.

True. But it seems like they are just going to repeat the same shows that are on other channels.

Also my left eye is pulsating and it's rather annoying. Not sure what's causing it :(

Choc

Banned
airlines consider the ipad a laptop and by law in Australia the airlines are not allowed to have two laptops per passenger in the cabin

i've been caught out by this a few times.

HolyCheck

Fredescu said:
hear hear

+

Weeds, The Secret Millionaire, Random Acts of Kindness, The Big C starring Laura Linney (pictured) and Wife Swap.

winners.

Deeku

Choc said:
airlines consider the ipad a laptop and by law in Australia the airlines are not allowed to have two laptops per passenger in the cabin

i've been caught out by this a few times.
Whoa, I never knew that.

giri

Fredescu said:
Some Russian company bought it, but I can't find out how much for. Yahoo did buy Geocities for like $3 billion. The one that always blows my mind is that some other Russian company bought ICQ for $180 million this year.
ICQ, IIRC, is actually very popular in asia, still.

Fredescu said:

As someone who is going from cable to FTA, i welcome more channels. Since getting cable i haven't watched FTA TV in years. Except for cricket.

And even then all i watched on fox was sport and the food channel ><

I also agree with andrew denton.

evlcookie said:
You will be too busy watching SC2 tournaments to watch those shows anyway syth.

So i'm not the only aussie watching the GOMTV tournament? got damn, some of those koreans got game. It's the best lunch time activity ever watching those.

HolyCheck

evlcookie said:
You will be too busy watching SC2 tournaments to watch those shows anyway syth.

Yes.

Speaking of, lastnight was really fun and you missed out, but i'm thinking we should all do it again and have maybe a fortnightly or so gaf night of SC2.

just get everyone who's keen on for some games + observing.

oh and to make everyone agree with me

http://hypem.com/#/track/1206674/Gin+and+Juice+Soothing+Spoken+Word+

gin and juice, spoken word.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn SC2 tournament is on tonight and i have 3 tv shows to watch. Shiiiiiiit. Not enough time :(

Yea a fortnightly gaf sc2 night could be arranged. Friendly matches and maybe a 4v4 or something depending on how many turn up and watch how bad we are.

Would be fun.

Clipper

I knew it! SBS HD will be the only simulcast HD channel now. I wonder how long it will last...

evlcookie said:
True. But it seems like they are just going to repeat the same shows that are on other channels.

Also my left eye is pulsating and it's rather annoying. Not sure what's causing it :(
My eye does that too, occasionally. It'll be like that for a week and then it will go away for a couple of months. I don't think there's any real issue with it. It's probably just a blood vessel pumping a little too hard (the pulsing I get seems related to heartbeat).

HolyCheck

Agyar said:
That is a shitty rule.

Is this show good? 20 disc full series for $20 is ridiculous.

It's always near the top of best shows of all time lists.. and normaly tops best sci fi shows of all time

yes yes yes.

ordered two.. even tho I already own them all on DVD.
i'll have to get a blu ray player one day

Mar

Agyar said:
Is this show good? 20 disc full series for $20 is ridiculous.

It's an excellent show, only started watching it recently myself. My wife and I are about halfway through season 2, although we haven't watched an episode in about a month. That's normal for us though, we haven't watched anything for about a month.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I noticed the bluray battlestar on ozbargain aswell. It sounds like it's a pricing error so you might not be lucky, but who knows.

If you get it at that price then :D :D

Agyar

Mar said:
It's an excellent show, only started watching it recently myself. My wife and I are about halfway through season 2, although we haven't watched an episode in about a month. That's normal for us though, we haven't watched anything for about a month.

Well I ordered it, let's hope it doesn't get rejected as a pricing error.

legend166

evlcookie said:
I noticed the bluray battlestar on ozbargain aswell. It sounds like it's a pricing error so you might not be lucky, but who knows.

If you get it at that price then :D :D

It better not be a damn pricing error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom