• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSS

spanks said:
Anyone planning on getting Rockband 3 next month? Looks like EB have exclusive rights to the instruments, and they're selling 'em a week later and at just about double the price (Keyboard $140, Mid-tier guitar $290). I'd hate to see their price on the realtar, probably $500+. Yowza. Having trouble finding any sites that will import the instruments though...

I want RB3 and the keyboard. I'll get the Squier whenever it arrives if it's not ridiculously priced. Not from EB though.

Kritz

Banned
No Mafia II :|

Shipped on 25 August, It's now 11 September.

The fuck is taking them so long. Anyone else had any luck?

Rahk

spanks said:
Anyone planning on getting Rockband 3 next month? Looks like EB have exclusive rights to the instruments, and they're selling 'em a week later and at just about double the price (Keyboard $140, Mid-tier guitar $290). I'd hate to see their price on the realtar, probably $500+. Yowza. Having trouble finding any sites that will import the instruments though...
Uh, is that just the keyboard with no game? Fuck that. I'd rather just buy a real midi keyboard with more functionality and get the adapter. Quick google search found me this: http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/behringer-u-control-umx250-midi-keyboard-pre-order.html

No idea if it's good, but it can't be worse than the RB one.

Even this thing is $80: http://www.soundcorp.com.au/product/?producttitle=ICON_iKey&productcategoryid=155&productid=1619

Kritz said:

This is pretty much how long it took them to ship my RDR pre-order as well (despatched 20/5/10, arrived 8/6/10). Don't use Zavvi for pre-orders if you really want the game on release day or shortly thereafter I guess, stick with game.com.au for that.

Aon

Kritz said:

Rumour has it that Zavvi route their games through Alpha Centari. Can't find the source for this one though.

Fredescu

Kritz said:

Nope. I sent them an email asking where my game is at, since they said to contact if its longer than 10 working days.

Mar

Ydahs said:
Nineteen today :)

... and still don't have my Ls...

Cohsae said:

Happy birthday mofos.

spanks said:

What the jesus.. That's a great way for the publisher to fuck over consumers. No competition means EB can charge what they like.

I was going in day 1 (perch) on the uber guitar, but now I'll wait until more retailers get it to see if the price moves, or wait for a price drop.

trinest

Ydahs said:
Nineteen today :)

... and still don't have my Ls...
Dude seriously get them- just so you can have them- at the end of the day it will be better for you to have them on hand- its the biggest bitch to get through them these days (I don't know what state you are in).

DO IT NOW!

TheFury

L's are pretty easy to get if you read the book you can buy. There's practice tests online too with similar questions. It's been 4 years (I think) since I've got mine, but I don't remember it being hard at all.

trinest

TheFury said:
L's are pretty easy to get if you read the book you can buy. There's practice tests online too with similar questions. It's been 4 years (I think) since I've got mine, but I don't remember it being hard at all.
L's are easy- P's are fucking hard to get the point to get them.

TheFury said:

It's not. Just make fucking sure you remember to stop when the tram stops. I never did and I hit the fucking dude that walked off the tram.

e: This post is directed at Ydahs obviously.

TheFury

Megadrive said:
It's not. Just make fucking sure you remember to stop when the tram stops. I never did and I hit the fucking dude that walked off the tram.

e: This post is directed at Ydahs obviously.
Hahaha, is that for the hazards perception test? I remember that because I didn't stop either. That one got me good. I'd like to see the fail rate on that one.

Ydahs

I was planning to get my Ls over the summer, but ended up going overseas. I guess I should book an appointment during my upcoming two week uni holidays, or wait until summer I guess...

But yeah, I guess it is the time to finally get 'em.

Anyone know of the site where I can do those practice tests by the time I can get a hold on the Learners book?

EDIT: Found it... 78% :|

hamchan

Ydahs said:
I was planning to get my Ls over the summer, but ended up going overseas. I guess I should book an appointment during my upcoming two week uni holidays, or wait until summer I guess...

But yeah, I guess it is the time to finally get 'em.

Anyone know of the site where I can do those practice tests by the time I can get a hold on the Learners book?

EDIT: Found it... 78% :|

There's a list of questions and answers on the site, just memorise those.

Nemesis_

I'm pretty sure that the Drums, Keyboard and Mustang are the only RB3 accessories being stocked in Australia, and even then they're pretty much available only on "special order" which means if you don't pre-order you'll miss out.

A bit lame. I wanted to get a whole set of RB3 stuff.

Deeku

I failed the first time I did the L's test. So yeah, read the book.

They tend to ask a few nit-picky questions that you'll only know if you read the book eg. how many meters should you park away from a post box (or fire hydrant, i forget).

TheFury said:
Hahaha, is that for the hazards perception test? I remember that because I didn't stop either. That one got me good. I'd like to see the fail rate on that one.

Well everyone I've ever asked about it has hit the dude, so out of my friends and family: 100%. :p

Nemesis_

CryptiK said:
dont read shit for the L's test take it from someone who 100%ed it first go. Do the site test over and over.

This is what I did, but are the tests different between states? I see conflicting information in the last couple of posts. >_>

hamchan

Ydahs said:
Cheers. I think I might have the book anyway from my brother. That is, if he didn't throw it out.

Are the rules/questions the same from state to state? That's a NSW government website while I'm in Victoria.

Oh you're in Victoria. Tests are probably different then, sorry :p

Check if there are answers on the vic website. If not, then you'll actually have to read the handbook :(

Mar

Satisfied with the ending of Dragon Age now with the Witch Hunt DLC. I feel like I can finally move on from the story I started way back when, and play other DA content. I've downloaded Leliana's Song and will purchase Awakening at some point in the future.

They did good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was at the receiving end of the whole, "I'm not looking for anything serious, so we should stop seeing each other" talk tonight from this chick I've been dating for a month or so now.

It's times like this that I wonder why I bother making the effort.

Mar

JaseC said:
Was at the receiving end of the whole, "I'm not looking for anything serious, so we should stop seeing each other" talk tonight from this chick I've been dating for a month or so now.

It's times like this that I wonder why I bother making the effort.

Sorry to hear that man. Hope things pick up for you.

Also, I fucking hate Apple devices. I'm really over it. For some reason that only Apple understands, you aren't allowed to copy a voice recording from an iPhone to a computer if it's over 5 minutes in length without turning on sync in the music section and wiping all your music which is then replaced with your iTunes library. Now I'm sitting here waiting for 30 minutes while my music is wiped and re-copied and of course, it's decided to do a backup too, which is going to take even longer. I have a feeling it's going to decide there was no voice recordings on the computer and wipe the one that was on the phone too.

I'm really over the whole 'you can't do this simple thing' thing.

hirokazu

Mar said:
Sorry to hear that man. Hope things pick up for you.

Also, I fucking hate Apple devices. I'm really over it. For some reason that only Apple understands, you aren't allowed to copy a voice recording from an iPhone to a computer if it's over 5 minutes in length without turning on sync in the music section and wiping all your music which is then replaced with your iTunes library. Now I'm sitting here waiting for 30 minutes while my music is wiped and re-copied and of course, it's decided to do a backup too, which is going to take even longer. I have a feeling it's going to decide there was no voice recordings on the computer and wipe the one that was on the phone too.

I'm really over the whole 'you can't do this simple thing' thing.
I didn't know you could even copy voice memos without having to do a sync. You can cancel the backup though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You might have to look at jailbreaking it or using an app that will let you browse the contents of your iPhone and just drag and drop stuff off it.

You really shouldn't have to do it though, it's really stupid.

Mar

hirokazu said:
I didn't know you could even copy voice memos without having to do a sync. You can cancel the backup though.

Yeah, I ended up canceling the backup. It was going to take about 40 minutes or something, and I was already angry enough with all my music getting wiped (which I can put back on, but still really annoying).

evlcookie said:
You might have to look at jailbreaking it or using an app that will let you browse the contents of your iPhone and just drag and drop stuff off it.

You really shouldn't have to do it though, it's really stupid.

Well, syncing worked. The voice memo ended up in iTunes (at the expense of everything else), and from there the rest of the process was quite easy. Adding that voice memo to the movie I recorded with my capture device in iMovie was really painless. So that's something I guess.

The fruits of my frustrating labour: Crackdown 2 review.

Mar

evlcookie said:
So the blackmagic works?

Yep, works great. I don't have any video splitters yet so I was playing off my Macbook screen which gave a bit of a delay. But otherwise, it works perfectly.

trinest

Ydahs said:
Cheers. I think I might have the book anyway from my brother. That is, if he didn't throw it out.

Are the rules/questions the same from state to state? That's a NSW government website while I'm in Victoria.
Most rules should be simular accross states- but some do have variations- so its best to use your common sence with this stuff.

Mush

Yo, AusGAF. Can anyone that's snagged a copy of Reach early tell me if it comes with a voucher for the Recon Helmet?

Mush said:
You sure you're not getting mixed up with the special Armor and not the Helmet?
At first it was just the recon helmet preorder bonus, then they announced the chest plate thing so people who preordered get both.

Choc

Banned
Jetstar just made the list, seriously.

So for the past few days I have been away in North Queensland @ a conference. All well and good flight up was ok.

Get the flight this afternoon. 30 minutes delay due to baggage issue. No problems, i fly quite a bit i understand that delays occur. Flight takes off 45 minutes late, fine, no worries.

Anyway, flight lands in Sydney and we hear the following on the PA "as you have already been told, a lot of luggage has been left in North Queensland"

ok

1) We were never told this before that announcement
2) By waiting until Sydney to tell us they were being sneaky
3) They left North Queensland clearing knowing that they were doing this

Anyway, so it turns out around EIGHTY PERCENT of the luggage was left behind. This caused chaos in the Terminal.

So ok, whoever made this decision made a very poor decision. They did not take into account the following

1) there were people with international connections on that flight, now they have no bags to take overseas.

2) There were people with babies, babies clothes and nappies, babies formula. All in these cases

3) what if people had medication they needed

Jetstar? More like JetFarce. If the media catch wind of it (and considering its affected about 200+ people) i'd say that its going to be front page.

what a load of crap. I personally am not that pissed off about the whole tihng as I was arriving home, but for people on holidays or with kids i can see why this is just a farce.

mandiller

Oh man. I totally missed that there was a new AusGAF thread! I saw the old one was closed in gaming discussion but didn't realise there was a new one in the online section.

Argh. What have I missed?

Also, is anyone buying Reach? Is anywhere selling it cheaper than $99? I heard some places are selling it early, is there any truth to that? I might call around tomorrow if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom