• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
Delta must be wondering what on earth she is doing

lyrics from latest B McFad song

The chorus features lyrics saying the singer "can't wait" to take an intoxicated girl home "so I can take advantage" and "do some damage," adding: "I like you just the way you are, drunk in the back seat of my car."

do some damage? wtf :|

legend166 said:
GCN = GameCube = Legends.
I know GCN = GameCube but was wondering if you were referring to "Skies of Arcadia" which I thought only came out on Dreamcast. So you either meant "Skies of Arcadia Legends", "Dreamcast", or "Skies of Arcadia on GameCube" (which I never knew existed but maybe was a rare version, hence the regret at selling).

jambo

Choc said:
Delta must be wondering what on earth she is doing

lyrics from latest B McFad song

The chorus features lyrics saying the singer "can't wait" to take an intoxicated girl home "so I can take advantage" and "do some damage," adding: "I like you just the way you are, drunk in the back seat of my car."

do some damage? wtf :|
I'll explain it when you're a little older.

legend166

codswallop said:
I know GCN = GameCube but was wondering if you were referring to "Skies of Arcadia" which I thought only came out on Dreamcast. So you either meant "Skies of Arcadia Legends", "Dreamcast", or "Skies of Arcadia on GameCube" (which I never knew existed but maybe was a rare version, hence the regret at selling).

I'm confused.

Skies of Arcadia Legends was the name of the port they released on the GameCube. The original Dreamcast game was just called Skies of Arcadia.

legend166 said:
I'm confused.

Skies of Arcadia Legends was the name of the port they released on the GameCube. The original Dreamcast game was just called Skies of Arcadia.
Correct.

You said "Skies of Arcadia on GCN". I was wondering if you implied "Skies of Arcadia Legends" or some rare "Skies of Arcadia" on GCN I never knew existed.

Kritz

Banned
legend166 said:
lol, the company IM system just got shut down for a couple hours.

No one will be done for the next two hours.
Ha. I remember being a whore for the DOE IM system. By the time I left, teaching staff had just been given access to it. Glad I missed that shit-storm.

30% of my workday was spent complaining about tf2 hats.

legend166 said:
Like.....they had ported the original without the Legends upgrades or something?
Yup. Now, I'm not saying they did, I thought you might have had some special rare version which obviously you don't (because you sold it, but it wasn't rare, or something).

Hey, it's Friday!

legend166

codswallop said:
Yup. Now, I'm not saying they did, I thought you might have had some special rare version which obviously you don't (because you sold it, but it wasn't rare, or something).

Hey, it's Friday!

Haha, ok. Glad we cleared that up :D

Skies of Arcadia Legends actually is rare. I sold it for $70 years ago. People on eBay now trying to sell it for >$100.

Probably because Sega are incredibly retarded and refuse to port it to the digital download services. I would buy the crap out of a Skies of Arcadia PC port on Steam.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I still have Skies of Arcadia Legends. I might bust it out and play it again soonish. Great game.

rass

anyone want to buy my zbrush 4 license?
waiting to hear back from pixologic on how to go about doing a license transfer, I have lost interest in learning 3d.

legend166

So one of my brothers mates got a laptop, and he sent me an email asking me what that store was I buy all my PC games from (he means Steam).

It's easy to forget how daunting PC gaming can be to someone who doesn't know it, until you try and explain it. This is one of those guys who will plonk down $100 at EB to buy a game even if it's cheaper somewhere else. Then trade it back in for the next one.

Just trying to get him to tell me the specs on his laptop was a nightmare in itself. Now he wants to know if it will play Civ 5. And I have to explain to him why not to buy Civ 5 on Steam (horrible regional pricing) and instead import it from the UK and register it with Steam. Then he asks if he can do that with every game. Then I have to explain how it only works with games that have Steamworks.......

For people that know about laptops, will this machine run Civ V?

http://www.afterdawn.com/products/product_details.cfm/17867/acer_aspire_5742g-374g50mn

legend166 said:
Skies of Arcadia Legends actually is rare. I sold it for $70 years ago. People on eBay now trying to sell it for >$100.
Huh. How about that. I have the US version, if that makes any difference. It was actually one of those games that I enjoyed so much that I never finished it. Got right to the endgame and left it there because I didn't want it to end. I've moved past that phase now, thankfully.

Rahk

codswallop said:
Huh. How about that. I have the US version, if that makes any difference. It was actually one of those games that I enjoyed so much that I never finished it. Got right to the endgame and left it there because I didn't want it to end. I've moved past that phase now, thankfully.
You don't want it to end so you just stop playing it. Makes sense.

rass

I did the same thing with OoT - did everything I could before I went to fight Ganon, drew it out for a good 2 or 3 weeks just running around Hyrule because I didn't want it to end haha.

Rahk said:
You don't want it to end so you just stop playing it. Makes sense.
Never said it was logical. Also said I don't do it any longer. Most games, you've seen everything by that point anyway, and endings for most games are also shit... But seeing the ending is final. Leaving it unfinished subconsciously makes you feel like there's more you haven't seen. I did the same thing with Metroid Prime, too.

And then a new game comes along: ooh shiny!

hamchan

Bought Skies of Arcadia Legends from a friend for like $20 ages ago. Didn't like it very much. If I can really get $100+ for it I'd be very very happy.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
viciouskillersquirrel said:
So this Portal game's kinda cool. I'm up to level 15. Is it true there are only 19 levels? I wouldn't mind seeing a full game made from this concept.
there's so much left for you to see.

plus, Portal 2 is an April release.

hamchan said:
Bought Skies of Arcadia Legends from a friend for like $20 ages ago. Didn't like it very much.
I found it pretty uninspiring early on. Around the first third to half I found I started to really enjoy it... Though I could barely tell you anything about it nowadays other than it had floating islands.

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So this Portal game's kinda cool. I'm up to level 15. Is it true there are only 19 levels? I wouldn't mind seeing a full game made from this concept.
Without ruining it, yes, there are 19 'levels'.

Not sure if I agree with your sentiments that it isn't a 'full game' - Portal is a very complete experience, if shorter in length than other games this gen. The imminent sequel is sure to flesh it out a whole bunch though, both in terms of length and depth of complexity.

Bernbaum said:
Not sure if I agree with your sentiments that it isn't a 'full game
Yeah, I actually thought Portal was just the right length. I prefer games with a bit more meat, but they would've just been rehashing the ideas. So, it never outstayed it's welcome just to try and make it a longer game. Even the most recent releases could learn from that.

Gazunta said:
And besides, the last four levels are where shit gets real. You're in for a ride!
It really does kick into high gear just when you start to think it might be out of steam. Great pacing, if you ask me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Portal is the game that brought 'pacing' back into NeoGAF's lexicon.

I don't know how anyone can watch the released Portal 2 media and not get a slightly elevated heart-rate.

Bernbaum

Ah, 2007.

"The cake is a lie."
Radiohead's 'In Rainbows'.
"Would you kindly?"
Zero Punctuation was snappy and relevant.
Kevin 07
Who were the final five Cylons?
Ratatouille
The PS3 was $999
Super Mario Galaxy
The last Harry Potter book
Honours Thesis submitted, PhD scholarship awarded
NeoGAF membership approved

rass

Rez said:
Portal is the game that brought 'pacing' back into NeoGAF's lexicon.

I don't know how anyone can watch the released Portal 2 media and not get a slightly elevated heart-rate.
you know me.

Choc

Banned
i just read through details on the classification report (Thanks mark) and i'd say WBIE might appeal

it sounds very much like AVP all over again, where it was close but just got banned

i think an appeal could be sucessful as the COB acknowledged that the fatalities and moves in the game fits in with the fantasy nature of the game and so therefore in context

its not supposed to be banned in that case, its out of context over the top shit that is supposed to cop the ban stick.

On appeal they just might win.

Omikron

Attempting to get 2 software patches out in the one week, I must be fucking insane.

5.30pm and still at work. Although 1 beer down. Coding output to increase presently.

Axiom

The MK situation may be a blessing in disguise for my wallet. I would like an arcade stick, and that Tournament Edition one that comes with the game looked damn nice, assuming I could also hook it up to my PC

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
While on the train to Uni today, as I was looking outside at nothing in particular, I'm fairly certain I saw somebody drive past a roadworks area and clip a worker with the left-hand side mirror.

For the rest of the train ride I found myself wondering how bad a driver you need to be in order to do something so tremendously stupid.

Kritz

Banned
HOLY SHIT

G26lI.jpg

IT'S A KITTY

Bernbaum said:
Ah, 2007.

"The cake is a lie."
Radiohead's 'In Rainbows'.
"Would you kindly?"
Zero Punctuation was snappy and relevant.
Kevin 07
Who were the final five Cylons?
Ratatouille
The PS3 was $999
Super Mario Galaxy
The last Harry Potter book
Honours Thesis submitted, PhD scholarship awarded
NeoGAF membership approved
2007:

First real job
Okami
Tamara
My first car
Pokemon Pearl
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
The White Stripes - The Denial Twist
Tasha Mack
Discovering that Movember is a bad idea for me
Wasting time in Mackay and Sydney
Keira
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Pre-GFC

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
HolyCheck said:

Tonight around 8pm EST, Andrew mOOnGLaDe Pender is playing in the GSL, an Australian, from brisbane!

get on and watch it, instructions are all in the thread! (click the images to go there!)

post and cheer! Steam chat will no doubt be discussing it!

REPOST.

2 HOURS!

As a console only gamer (please don't hurt me...), if you buy a game on steam for mac (I'm going to cop it again, aren't I) is it also playable for windows?

The reason I ask is, when the new imacs come out I will finally get into some PC gaming, using mainly bootcamp for such things.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom