• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
Sutton Dagger said:
As a console only gamer (please don't hurt me...), if you buy a game on steam for mac (I'm going to cop it again, aren't I) is it also playable for windows?

The reason I ask is, when the new imacs come out I will finally get into some PC gaming, using mainly bootcamp for such things.

Cheers
Dont get an imac >_< but yea, if the game is 'steamplay, which I think all the mac ones have to be, then its PC/Mac and you cant play em on both.

markot said:
Dont get an imac >_< but yea, if the game is 'steamplay, which I think all the mac ones have to be, then its PC/Mac and you cant play em on both.

I know, I know, but it would be for the odd game here and there. Maybe like the source games etc. If the new imac had these specs:

Intel Core i5-2500 (3.3/3.7GHz); option for Core i7-2600 (3.4/3.8GHz)
AMD 6950M with 1024MB GDDR5
8Gb Ram

Would it run newer games at lowish settings etc? Would they look comparable to consoles? I'm not expecting much in terms of gaming from the imac...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
My iMac 27" plays most games, even like BC2 and Mafia II. Obviously not at native resolution which is 2556x1440. Starcraft 2 though is ace on it.

markot said:
If it had those specs it could max out most things easy >.<

....Oh

Lets hope it has those specs then I guess.

I don't know why, I just find PC gaming really daunting. Does steam essentially handle everything like installing, updating, mods etc in the background, without having to manually manage that stuff?

Sorry for the extremely noobish questions. :)

VOOK said:
My iMac 27" plays most games, even like BC2 and Mafia II. Obviously not at native resolution which is 2556x1440. Starcraft 2 though is ace on it.

Is yours the mid 2010 model VOOK? What impact does it have on picture quality not playing in native res?

markot

Banned
Steam does it all, mods is different, you need to do that yourself normally depending on what you are trying to mod. Most people who are 'noobs' dont really mod anything.

Kritz

Banned
minecraft-comic.png

Rez said:
Portal is the game that brought 'pacing' back into NeoGAF's lexicon.

I don't know how anyone can watch the released Portal 2 media and not get a slightly elevated heart-rate.

I've only seen the info that glados is back, it's hundreds of years later, and plants are in and goo is in.

Portal 1 is one of my favourite games of all time and this is the first time in history I've gone nearly 100% media blackout. I even turned off the websites bitching about some british voice actor for the game because I didn't want to wreck it... this will be delicious

Mar

Rez said:
Portal is the game that brought 'pacing' back into NeoGAF's lexicon.

I don't know how anyone can watch the released Portal 2 media and not get a slightly elevated heart-rate.

I didn't think much of Portal at all, and have no interest in the sequel.

Your move Rez.

Dead Man

codswallop said:
It really does kick into high gear just when you start to think it might be out of steam. Great pacing, if you ask me.
Terrible joke, even if unintentional, but very true statement. A fantastic game that told enough story to satisfy, but leave you wanting to know more.

Sutton Dagger said:
....Oh

Lets hope it has those specs then I guess.

I don't know why, I just find PC gaming really daunting. Does steam essentially handle everything like installing, updating, mods etc in the background, without having to manually manage that stuff?

Sorry for the extremely noobish questions. :)
Steam (and GOG) are the only reasons I still game on PC. I would have given up years ago without them. It makes PC gaming about as user friendly as it can be.

Axiom

Mush said:
Picked up LBP2 from EB (sigh) today for $68, was $122. Pretty happy with that.
I got the CE for $58 at JB...but I also traded in a free copy of Wog Boy 2 to get it, so special circumstances.

It was nice to get that out of my house though.

I don't play Starcraft, don't like RTS games and am just tuning into support Australia, except I think I missed everything.

What I played of Portal I loved. Unfortunately like Half Life 2 it gave me crazy motion sickness so I could never play more than a few minutes here and there :(

Rahk

Kritz said:
Seriously Kritz. Make a comic section on your site and do one every week on the same day. Find a dedicated time slot which would be free every week in your busy schedule, so you can work on it without constantly saying to yourself that you'll do it later like everything else.

Post them here, bam, you have an audience, no excuse. Do it!

Kritz

Banned
I wish I could, man.

But the moment I start doing things on a schedule I lose interest.

Also Xenos came up with at least 50% of that joke.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BanShunsaku said:
What I played of Portal I loved. Unfortunately like Half Life 2 it gave me crazy motion sickness so I could never play more than a few minutes here and there :(
have you tried adjusting the FOV in the options?

BanShunsaku said:
Did you try lowering the FoV? (too high a refresh rate could also be an issue)

Also, Kritz, I would like to subscribe to your non-existant RSS feed.

Rez said:
have you tried adjusting the FOV in the options?
Haven't tried that... its weird too cos I can play most FPS games without any trouble. I'll try adjusting FOV settings over the weekend and see how I go. Fingers crossed that it works because I'd love to play it through.

rass

BanShunsaku said:
Haven't tried that... its weird too cos I can play most FPS games without any trouble. I'll try adjusting FOV settings over the weekend and see how I go. Fingers crossed that it works because I'd love to play it through.
I have the same problem as you (only with HL2 and portal) - FOV change did nothing for me, I hope it goes better for you :(

Kritz

Banned
I would love to do more comics, as I do kind of like watching my 'art'style evolve over the years, but I'd honestly need someone to write for me.

So, if anyone's up for that, sure. I wouldn't mind to tag team something.

Kritz said:
I would love to do more comics, as I do kind of like watching my 'art'style evolve over the years, but I'd honestly need someone to write for me.

So, if anyone's up for that, sure. I wouldn't mind to tag team something.
Just do more 'Living with Gen Y' type stuff and I'm sure we'd all be happy.

jambo

Kritz said:
I wish I could, man.

But the moment I start doing things on a schedule I lose interest.

Also Xenos came up with at least 50% of that joke.
Fuck a schedule, just put 'em up when you make 'em!

Kritz

Banned
Problem is I kind of actually want to do a story comic. I'm just not good at overarching plots, or keeping interest, or doing things that take effort. Hence the occasional silly image from me here and not much else.

I used to make (really, really shitty) weekly comics back when I was a kid. But I only did that because they were easy in, easy out type deals where I'd copy paste a bunch of shit. That doesn't really work for me anymore.

And plus, it's easier to complain about wanting to do something than it is to do something. /generationy

Dead Man

Kritz said:
Problem is I kind of actually want to do a story comic. I'm just not good at overarching plots, or keeping interest, or doing things that take effort. Hence the occasional silly image from me here and not much else.

I used to make (really, really shitty) weekly comics back when I was a kid. But I only did that because they were easy in, easy out type deals where I'd copy paste a bunch of shit. That doesn't really work for me anymore.

And plus, it's easier to complain about wanting to do something than it is to do something. /generationy
There's your overarching story. Gen Y becomes old man yelling at clouds!

Gazunta

You fucking kids. This took an hour.
2011-02-25-Videogame-55.gif

Don't give me that "no time" malarky.

Kritz, you're a funny guy, just put pen to paper and get cracking, you've already got an audience :)

/oldman

Hey, is anyone else here playing Pinball FX 2? I needs me some more people to fail at beating.

Ydahs

I Gotta say, rainbow ninja takes the cake.

Also, eight slots remain in the AusGAF AFL Dream Team. Code: 321888
A lot of new AusGAFers here to join. Go go go!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ydahs said:
I Gotta say, rainbow ninja takes the cake.

Also, eight slots remain in the AusGAF AFL Dream Team. Code: 321888
A lot of new AusGAFers here to join. Go go go!

theres three more issues and a theme song... play your cards right and they might see the light of day

Mar

I encourage anyone who has a creative side. Contrary to what most people would have you believe, you are not what you own, you are what you can give to others.

Kritz, you have an amazing talent. I wish you'd believe in it.
Gaz, I totally admire your resolve. It's a trait that I lack and wish I had.

And while I have no idea what was going on in that rainbow ninja thing, I appreciate any contribution.

How much can I get a larger hard drive for a 360 slim around Melbourne? I got one when I resigned with Optus and got a new phone and stuff but the HD is only 4GB :(

Gazunta

I flicked over to ABC24 and just saw a depressed looking Fijian woman breastfeeding her kid and being poor.

Life is rough for Serrels :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom