• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin.au

Rezbit said:
Sad to see my home state dying in the arse. But to be honest...looking at the crowd there, not a single fuck was given.
It's a rubbish day and there a quite a few train lines out today (that's why I'm not there).

RandomVince said:
Still looking in solid Shield form though. TBH we were lucky to make the ryobi final.
Very solid shield form. Vics really have had the strangest season, being bottom dwellers in both the Shield and Big Bash, but almost dominating the Ryobi Cup.

The Shield final should be a ripper.

Rezbit

justin.au said:
It's a rubbish day and there a quite a few train lines out today (that's why I'm not there).

Very solid shield form. Vics really have had the strangest season, being bottom dwellers in both the Shield and Big Bash, but almost dominating the Ryobi Cup.

The Shield final should be a ripper.

Yeah, I actually thought about dragging myself out to it, but ended up being lazy because it was wet and I have to catch a tram and train. I'm part of the problem!

justin.au

Vics self-destructing...

If we lose this one, it'll be fifth final in a row that we've lost.

I still think we're pretty safe, we're pretty much into the Tassie tail.

Vic's will need to bowl well but we are still in a winning position. Tas will need 6 runs an over with only 4 wickets in hand. Still, this is exactly the kind of situation where we would lose :(

justin.au

Vics have decided that they don't want to make it too easy...

Piss poor effort with the bat in these last 10 or so overs. They just needed one guy to man up and tough it out, but they've all been going for glory. Very weak.

Nemesis_

Bernbaum said:

I hate the way PS3 games get so much praise, and that any exclusive seems to have an army of fans. It's so much more worse than, say, 360 exclusives.

I knew KZ3 will be disappointing, though last time I said that about KZ2 I got banned. >_> If I said it about Halo I probably wouldn't.

I don't get why PS3 people are such a touchy bunch. >_>

Dead Man

Nemesis556 said:
I hate the way PS3 games get so much praise, and that any exclusive seems to have an army of fans. It's so much more worse than, say, 360 exclusives.

I knew KZ3 will be disappointing, though last time I said that about KZ2 I got banned. >_> If I said it about Halo I probably wouldn't.

That post doesn't make much sense. But generalisations are fun, aren't they?

Nemesis556 said:

PS3 has no games?

justin.au

122 needed of 108 balls with 4 wickets in hand.

This game should have been all over, but the Vics are determined to lose the match. Some nice bowling from Tassie there but woeful batting. Vics would still have to be favourites, but Tassie shouldn't have even been given a look in.

Salazar

Thank you for pushing me over the edge with Bulletstorm, Rez.

I haven't even got any of the nutbar weapons yet, and it is immensely satisfying.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bernbaum said:
One hundred million dollars.

I have a friend who is keen to play co-op, and will take him up on the offer.
i don't even want your stupid game then

Nemesis556 said:

I thought KZ3 was great after finding KZ2 to be very good but by no means fantastic. I doubt I will care about KZ2 when I reminisce about the PS3 in 10 years time but Killzone 3 fixed all the problems I had and added fantastic Move controls. It was like the step up from AssCreed to AssCreed 2, a good game made great.

But yes the early years of PS3 bashing has made the fans very touchy to criticism. Also Megadrive has the most attractive avatar in NeoGAF.

ACA doesn't even try to cover up there blatantly racist propaganda (ie exclusive investigations) anymore. Looking forward to seeing the report about INDIAN students costing Sydney households...I don't know how or why? These shows just target the lowest common denominators in society...

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
I thought KZ3 was great after finding KZ2 to be very good but by no means fantastic. I doubt I will care about KZ2 when I reminisce about the PS3 in 10 years time but Killzone 3 fixed all the problems I had and added fantastic Move controls. It was like the step up from AssCreed to AssCreed 2, a good game made great.

But yes the early years of PS3 bashing has made the fans very touchy to criticism. Also Megadrive has the most attractive avatar in NeoGAF.
Absolutely nothing about Killzone 1 was good.

Bernbaum said:
Absolutely nothing about Killzone 1 was good.
Never played Killzone 1 so I'm not sure how it compares to the others. Which is strange because KZ3 picks up straight off from where KZ2 finishes up so in retrospect I should have thought about playing the original. I meant more that KZ3 feels like an upgraded version of KZ2 where the campaign feels meatier and more enjoyable. The graphics look better, the controls feel a better, the story moves along nicer, etc. That's how I felt with AssCreed 1 to 2 as well. I'm sure we could both agree that Killzone Liberation was great though? I would rate it better than the FPS entries in the series.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My exclusive AusGAF Assassins Creed 2 review.

It was Assassins Creed with a 2 at the end of the title.
The story was good until the very end.

- evlcookie 2011

Megadrive said:
So yes, it's the same. You need to move the cursor to the edges of the screen to move. I hated it in CoD:WaW on Wii and never ever want to play an FPS like that ever again.
No you can set the bounding box up so a small horizontal movement either side moves your aim. The best thing about the KZ3 setup is that it can allow either style of movement. I agree that flicking across the screen is stupid so I made my bounding box small horizontally and medium on the vertical.

Bernbaum

Only grievance with the Move controls for KZ3 is that melée isn't bound to a button and the required waggle results in the reticule flailing all over the place and the ensuing recovery time is a pain in the bum.

It's my first real experience with the full Move setup, so I'm learning a lot of new things, such as the face buttons and d-pad buttons don't feel all that accessible.

All the manly men cricket talk in here is making me a little uncomfortable.

Also, I nearly bought Bulletstorm today, but talked myself out of it. Now I wish I'd just gone ahead and got it. I hate that feeling!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BanShunsaku said:

Also, I nearly bought Bulletstorm today, but talked myself out of it. Now I wish I'd just gone ahead and got it. I hate that feeling!
it just keeps getting better, and I'm not even half-way yet (I think). It's a must-buy.

BanShunsaku said:

It is much, much better than the shitty PR would have you think. I have no idea why they marketed it to 13 year old boys when it is rated MA here and 17 in the US. The level design is linear but fun as all hell and the art is refreshing for a FPS. Go and rent it out for the night at least. I have a feeling I won't be playing it again this time next week but I am sure glad I went against my reasoning (for the first time since Alan Weak).

(Also wouldn't cricket be considered less manly than AFL or rugby?)

Choc

Banned
So I gave killzone 3 a chance this weekend and managed to finish it. Short campaign!

anyway

what the

Game is ok, first half is good, second half is not as good.

If they make a 4th just like this well, that won't be good. They need to rethink Killzone.

It's way to much like Halo 1-3 now. Even more so in this latest game, its like a fucking love letter to bungie.

jambo

Fuck Killzone, Bulletstorm is the best FPS released so far this year.

I say "so far," because Portal 2 and Red Orchestra 2 aren't out yet.

Bernbaum

Rez said:
it just keeps getting better, and I'm not even half-way yet (I think). It's a must-buy.
Fine.

The demo said "I am very good, but might not be for you".

Killzone 3 will get a few more playthroughs and then that's it.

Will get my Bulletstorm on after I play something I know I'll like, probably de Blob.

Salazar

Sniping in Bulletstorm is fucken superb.

I am usually dreadful at "guide the projectile" stuff in games, but this suits me very nicely. Don't know how far I am through the SP, but I'm not really too bothered. I will play this again. I am frightfully keen to show it to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom