• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Apparently I had the best Tweet on the Twitter Wall at the 3DS Launch event. So I should have one shortly... or whenever they show up.

Salazar

Gazunta said:
Public transport was, and still is, stupidly expensive when you live out yonder.

And they don't sell paper return train tickets anymore.

"Why don't you get a Go Card. It seems cheaper".

FUCK YOU. I LIKE PAPER TICKETS.

I fully expect a blow-by-blow account of your victory tomorrow morning, evlcookie.

By the way, my fiance's flying to Melbourne tomorrow and doesn't get back until Sunday. I forgot what it was I even did when I was by myself. Apart from reverting to my foul bachelor frog ways for a few days, does anyone have any suggestions?

Gazunta said:
Public transport was, and still is, stupidly expensive when you live out yonder.

In Melbourne it's not, in fact my friend who lives/lived about 2 hours away from the city spent less than I do on tickets.
:(

So uh, whenever the Crysis2 demo decides to work, anyone wanna play?

legend166 said:
Now, I don't think I'm ugly, but I don't think I'm attractive enough to start talking to a stranger without it seeming creepy.

I neither think I'm attractive nor horrendously ugly. What I never thought I looked like was a rapist. However, the other night when I was out for a walk/run, some woman treated me like I was holding a neon sign that said "I'll have you. Permission or not." She crossed the street multiple times when our paths crossed on a couple of occasions. Not subtly, either. Stare at subject. Let him know I'm on to him. Cross Street. Making list of features for identikit picture.

Listen, lady, if you think everyone out at night is going to harm you, don't go out a 8pm for a walk, kay? Oh, and I think you were the suspicious one, alright! Why the fuck are you wearing a hat and sunnies when it's pitch dark? Huh? Huh???

Having said that, it gives the confidence a bit of a kicking. Do I look like a rapist during the day, too?

Mush

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I fully expect a blow-by-blow account of your victory tomorrow morning, evlcookie.

By the way, my fiance's flying to Melbourne tomorrow and doesn't get back until Sunday. I forgot what it was I even did when I was by myself. Apart from reverting to my foul bachelor frog ways for a few days, does anyone have any suggestions?
Resist the temptation to spoil all the Black & White stuff, that's for sure. I don't know how you've pulled it off so far, man.

/respect

Planet_JASE said:
I neither think I'm attractive nor horrendously ugly. What I never thought I looked like was a rapist. However, the other night when I was out for a walk/run, some woman treated me like I was holding a neon sign that said "I'll have you. Permission or not." She crossed the street multiple times when our paths crossed on a couple of occasions. Not subtly, either. Stare at subject. Let him know I'm on to him. Cross Street. Making list of features for identikit picture.

Listen, lady, if you think everyone out at night is going to harm you, don't go out a 8pm for a walk, kay? Oh, and I think you were the suspicious one, alright! Why the fuck are you wearing a hat and sunnies when it's pitch dark? Huh? Huh???

Having said that, it gives the confidence a bit of a kicking. Do I look like a rapist during the day, too?
TvSvc.png

Sort of...

Mush said:
Resist the temptation to spoil all the Black & White stuff, that's for sure. I don't know how you've pulled it off so far, man.

/respect
I've gotten very good at looking away or scrolling down as soon as my brain registers that something is a spoiler. I flirt with danger though when I post in any Pokemon-related thread, though, and bail as soon as I see a pic.

Worst part is that my copy of White is on the same shipment as my copy of LSW3 for 3DS, so I'm going to have to wait longer.

Planet_JASE said:

Anyone over the age of 50 crosses the street when it's only me and them on the same side of the road. And cookie even said I'm hipster good looking. Aw babay.

Smile at people if they make eye contact. Everyone knows rapists don't smile
and are invariably young, white, bald and wear tracksuits, hats and dark sunglasses.... at least that's what A Current Affair taught me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
any claims of good-lookingness must be proved. post a pic. now. else me remembered as a LIAR.

Bernbaum

Confidence and being interesting >>>>>>>> phycial characteristics any fucking day of the week.

personal wealth not included

I'm going to play Dragon Age Orgins for a few hours tonight.

I would enjoy that time much more if I had an idea of what shit I need to clear out of my inventory so I'm not left dumping a bunch of stuff inside dungeons.

I have a capacity of 90, and cleared out a bunch of gifts and sale-only items like wolf pelts, gems, letters etc; as well as all the weapons/armour I don't need, and yet I'm still hauling around 80 pieces of crap. Haven't done a lot of crafting and there's a bunch of random crafting shit - is that what I need to clear out?

Any other tips for inventory management? I hate dumping loot and/or making repeated trips back to town to hock my wares.

Rez said:
any claims of good-lookingness must be proved. post a pic. now. else me remembered as a LIAR.

This is what I showed cookie lol. From my 21st last year.

dont have a good more recent one i can be fucked looking for. now you know how to find me rez. :!O!!

Bernbaum said:
Confidence and being interesting >>>>>>>> phycial characteristics any fucking day of the week.

personal wealth not included

I'm going to play Dragon Age Orgins for a few hours tonight.

I would enjoy that time much more if I had an idea of what shit I need to clear out of my inventory so I'm not left dumping a bunch of stuff inside dungeons.

I have a capacity of 90, and cleared out a bunch of gifts and sale-only items like wolf pelts, gems, letters etc; as well as all the weapons/armour I don't need, and yet I'm still hauling around 80 pieces of crap. Haven't done a lot of crafting and there's a bunch of random crafting shit - is that what I need to clear out?

Any other tips for inventory management? I hate dumping loot and/or making repeated trips back to town to hock my wares.
Hit up the wikia for information on the items themselves and if they are worth keeping around. Other than that I would recommend picking up either Wardens Keep DLC or Awakenings for the storage chest if you are into that kind of thing. Plus Awakenings is even better than vanilla DA:O. Really starting to look forward to picking up the GOTY edition of DA2 in 18 months or so, Bioware have been fantastic with post-game support this gen.

Bernbaum said:
Haven't done a lot of crafting and there's a bunch of random crafting shit - is that what I need to clear out?

Mainly yes. I only really use herbalism, skip traps entirely and only use poisons that I loot (only melee character is my tank, rogue is an archer), so I keep a hold of elfroot only rest I sell/dump. Also I'd recommend the Bioware mod to place a storage chest in your camp, saves you having to go to Warden's Keep if you have that DLC. http://social.bioware.com/project/463/#details

Megadrive said:
This is what I showed cookie lol. From my 21st last year.

dont have a good more recent one i can be fucked looking for. now you know how to find me rez. :!O!!
What the hell? You aren't Mulder!

180526_10150139568836620_698811619_8501776_5189281_n.jpg

At the borefest that was the opening game of the pre-season cup (whatever the hell they call it these days) after drinking at Crown all day. Me on the right in the bitchin Enter Shikari T-Shirt

Mush

I'm not that good looking and I've posted pics in the pic thread. If you can get search to work, you go find it.

EDIT: I can't get search to work.

EDIT2: Found it!
Hey, you're not actually that vicious looking!

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
Hit up the wikia for information on the items themselves and if they are worth keeping around. Other than that I would recommend picking up either Wardens Keep DLC or Awakenings for the storage chest if you are into that kind of thing. Plus Awakenings is even better than vanilla DA:O. Really starting to look forward to picking up the GOTY edition of DA2 in 18 months or so, Bioware have been fantastic with post-game support this gen.
That wiki really is great. I've been using it largely as a spoiler-free reference tome for the many subtle intricacies of the game, avoiding plot and character stuff. I'll have it loaded up on my MacBook beside me at all times while playing, it's almost part of the experience.

The Mass Effect 1/2 wiki is great too, although I didn't really pore through that until I wrapped up the second game.

You know what I want? A snazzy 'Codex' app for iPad that has all the codex entries presented in a whiz-bang super futuristic Star Trek style interface so that I can geek out and catch up on my Mass Effect infos.

Bernbaum said:
You know what I want? A snazzy 'Codex' app for iPad that has all the codex entries presented in a whiz-bang super futuristic Star Trek style interface so that I can geek out and catch up on my Mass Effect infos.
I would buy a damn iPad just so I could use that. I would totally sit on the train and listen to the codex on how Krogans have 4 balls and could not care less how many grandmas look at me sternly.

edit: So the PSP can be used as a rear view mirror? Think of what Sony could do with their new tablet if they made it PS3 compatible. Imagine Ni No Kuni on PS3 using a tablet to read through a digital version of the magic book, with the touch screen being used to activate spells. Nice.

Kritz said:
Because drawing that many panels would take me to an early grave.
If you really wanna make a good living from it I recommend jumping on memegenerator.net and taking 4 or 5 random images and pasting them together every Mon, Wed, Fri. Kids eat up this kind of stuff.
(or just find a brilliant, unknown comic and copy their stories)

Rlan

I'm reposting Gazunta's post from the iPhone thread to here :p

Hey guys, I wanted to give a shout out to a new game that came out on the App Store today. I've got nothing to do with it besides doing some early Beta testing, BUT it was made by a couple of ex-Krome folk, AND it's awesome :)

Poker Invaders - YouTube Trailer

It's called Poker Invaders, and like the title suggests it's a cross between Poker and Space Invaders. Aliens come down the screen, and to destroy them you have to beat them at poker.

mzl.ygjwvsvw.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.twtlnzuw.320x480-75.jpg

Each alien space ship has a poker hand displayed on it, and you have to assemble a better hand with your available cards. It's pretty damn addictive!

It supports OF and GC and is 99cents on the App Store. YAY FOR NEW GAMES!

As Gaz said, it was developed by some of the Krome Adelaide guys, who I used to work with. Support Adelaide game development!

So is importing the Playstation Move Sharp Shooter from the US going to get me into trouble with customs?

Getting a bit paranoid after all those Border Security episodes...

jambo

So I've gone from incredibly excited about Crysis 2, to pretty much not caring.

Limited graphical tweakability, issues with MP, no destructibility and linear gameplay make me go meh.

jambo said:
So I've gone from incredibly excited about Crysis 2, to pretty much not caring.

Limited graphical tweakability, issues with MP, no destructibility and linear gameplay make me go meh.
PC Mod community will save Crysis 2 for us! Also Steam sale at Christmas time for $10.00! I hope the multiplayer turns out okay as I hope Free Radical can get the opportunity to make another Timesplitters.

That Poker Invaders game looks more enticing than anything that came from Krome, booting up my ipod touch now. The Aussie iphone games have been quite impressive, hopefully it can become a viable platform for us (with eventual Steam/etc. indie titles).

So is importing the Playstation Move Sharp Shooter from the US going to get me into trouble with customs?

Getting a bit paranoid after all those Border Security episodes...

Is it confirmed it won't be releasing here in Australia? Really want to pick one up for Killzone 3.

jambo

reptilescorpio said:
PC Mod community will save Crysis 2 for us!

There's only so much the modders can do, the game has to be as accessible as the first one for anything to be changed. Is there even an SDK or map editor planned?

jambo said:
There's only so much the modders can do, the game has to be as accessible as the first one for anything to be changed. Is there even an SDK or map editor planned?
The mod community did amazing things with the original and even if Crytek lock it up tight they will tear it to shreds and do whatever the hell they want with it, especially since everyone believes it has been "consolified". Crytek poked the bear with the half-arsed demo port and now all the modders will be clearing their schedules to create a Crysis 2 worthy of being a part of the "glorious master race". Should be a fun OT.

FreeFallin' said:
Take off the devil suit next time Jase.

TvSvc.png

Sort of...

1fDrR.gif

If either of you guys take this material on tour let me know.

Smile at people if they make eye contact. Everyone knows rapists don't smile and are invariably young, white, bald and wear tracksuits, hats and dark sunglasses.... at least that's what A Current Affair taught me.

If you think that someone's about to rape you, surely the last thing you want them to do is smile... :T ALSO, I pretty much match you're description; youngish
notanymore
, white, shaved head... just without the tracksuit.

And hey, she was the one wearing a hat and sunnies. At night, forfucksakes.

Planet_JASE said:
And hey, she was the one wearing a hat and sunnies. At night, forfucksakes.
Sounds more like she was scoping out the neighbourhood for cool stuff to steal and sell for gucci handbags. Or she could have been blind? Or a super cool celebrity who doesn't want to be hit on by a whole bunch of random dudes? Maybe she is from St Petersburg and here body clock hasn't adjusted to the whole timezone thing?

reptilescorpio said:
Sounds more like she was scoping out the neighbourhood for cool stuff to steal and sell for gucci handbags. Or she could have been blind? Or a super cool celebrity who doesn't want to be hit on by a whole bunch of random dudes? Maybe she is from St Petersburg and here body clock hasn't adjusted to the whole timezone thing?

You sound like you're in cahoots with her. Cahoots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom